Drake On Subliminal Disses From Pusha T: I Dont Know, Maybe That Guy Is Bored.

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
201 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
248 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
142 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
88 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #61
Jinusean 5 heat pts
space
space
$3,287 | Props total: 10 10
Using relevancy in terms of skill in a debate is a lot like saying forefathers don't deserve holidays because they haven't done anything recently, either way, they've paved the way for people around us

With that being said, skill isn't needed to top billboards, just make a catchy tone that targets women and children and you're a hit
 02-28-2012, 04:59 PM         #62
ripley 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sheedawg said:
I'm a huge Common fan, in fact he used to be in my top 5 for a while, but you have got to be joking if you think Common is mildly relevant. The last time he was really relevant within hip hop and as a entertainer was Finding Forever / American Gangster period, so 06/07. Since then he has released UMC, which was failure (even though I do like some tracks on there) and has since focussed on his acting, and his last album has come and gone pretty much.

You are really reaching at thinking Common is a household name but Drake isn't, who you think all these so called mum's and aunties kids listen to?

You don't have to like Drakes music, but to say that currently Common is more relevant than Drake is laughable.
The point I think I made is that Common's relevance has shifted (and expanded). He's not relevant in the way he was when he was younger, but the irony is he's more of a household name now than he was when he was the hot "underground/conscious" MC. The mainstream didn't know who the hell Common was until he expanded his career to movies/endorsements. That's a fact. He's just known by a different (older) demographic than Drake (but there is some overlap, obviously in hip hop circles and both are hits with the ladies). The way this "battle" hit the mainstream media is also an indication of Com's relevance. No one cared about Pusha, Luda or the others.

And Drake has shown he knows Common has relevance by how he's treated Common in comparison to others who have dissed him. Common pulled Drake aside to talk to him man to man at the Grammys, but Drake is the one who went over to Common in front of everyone at All Star to ensure a photo.

Last edited by ripley; 02-28-2012 at 05:21 PM..
 02-28-2012, 05:07 PM         #63
ripley 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Ant McQueen said:
There's a difference between relevance and popularity. Common may not be the most popular, but he is relevant. Irrelevant folk don't get invited to the White House to read poetry and sh*t. If he wanted to he could stop making new music and do shows performing nothing but older songs. That's relevance.
Thank you. I don't know how this can be denied.

Is Prince irrelevant because he doesn't sell like Bruno Mars? Please.
 02-28-2012, 05:15 PM         #64
ripley 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 popsjenkins said:
Look, I hate Drake's music. I used to like him before he signed to YMCMB. I feel he's changed for the worst since then. Unfortunately, in terms of music, he is more popular and relevant than Common is. I can't go 15 mins without hearing him on the radio in some form or fashion.

Problem is, n*ggas go to extremes. Either Common is completely irrelevant or is the most popular rapper right now. He is neither. In all honesty, Drake would love to be where Common is in 10-15 years. He can still put out albums when ever he wants, but get money in other avenues. Common is at a point where he may not be as relevant to music/hip hop as Drake but he is more relevant to the culture.

Common is in a group with LL Cool J, Queen Latifah, Diddy, hell, even Jay-Z. They have transcended music but can come back anytime they want. Drake is HUGE right now, the biggest out at this moment, and even though I don't like his music, I don't wish failure on anyone, so I hope Drake can even touch where Common is in the next decade.
I agree with your entire post except I don't see where anyone argued Common is most popular rapper right now. No one think he's the most popular but he's not irrelevant to music either. He's managed to put out a critically acclaimed CD that improved on his last one in the midst of doing Hollywood movies (it's not his best but it fits in nicely with his body of work).
 02-28-2012, 05:35 PM         #65
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Although I think Future is a trash rapper....Drake did homie dirty. He got on the single for street cred but backed out the video cuz white people might be scared....
 6 years ago '05        #66
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Ant McQueen said:
Relevance has to do with importance. You think all of those people are a part of his original fan base? No sir. A lot of them are younger kids who have heard about his work, went back to listen, and then became a fan. There a lot of rappers that have come and gone. The ones that stick around for a long time have done 1 or 2 things. They've managed to remain popular and/or they have dropped album(s) that are culturally significant/classic (within Hip Hop).
Definitely agree with the bolded, but importance also has to be placed in context. Whats Common's importance to the culture currently, like say for example, what impact does a new Common album have on the culture, IMO none. Dropping a classic in the 90's does not make you automatically relevant today. You mention sticking around, sticking around is not remaining relevant though IMO, whether you like it or not, a release from Drake / Jay / Ross / Kanye is alot more anticipated than a Common or a another example, Raekwon.
 6 years ago '04        #67
jasonrcruz 
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 1 1
 GangGreen227 said:
weak?this n*gga tried him and his father b and lets not forget it was drake asking for it...its not like its nobodies who are dissing him its credible people..i really dont see how u can defend that sh*t drake is soft and aint built like that...he aint hov so he is in no position aint put in no work for him not to respond to n*ggas
I absolutely do not like Drakes music or acting for that matter so nobody can claim I am some sort of stan but you can't be serious...Some of us don't have the time to respond to negative comments, you know...successful hard working people. I've always respected a man that doesn't have to get caught up in silly little games.
 6 years ago '11        #68
Wavy WoNka 
space
space
space
$568 | Props total: 1 1
Pusha probably thougth that

"my favorite rappers lost it" line on Dreams Money Can Buy

was directed at him
 6 years ago '05        #69
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 ripley said:
The point I think I made is that Common's relevance has shifted (and expanded). He's not relevant in the way he was when he was younger, but the irony is he's more of a household name now than he was when he was the hot "underground/conscious" MC. The mainstream didn't know who the hell Common was until he expanded his career to movies/endorsements. That's a fact. He's just known by a different (older) demographic than Drake (but there is some overlap, obviously in hip hop circles and both are hits with the ladies). The way this "battle" hit the mainstream media is also an indication of Com's relevance. No one cared about Pusha, Luda or the others.

And Drake has shown he knows Common has relevance by how he's treated Common in comparison to others who have dissed him. Common pulled Drake aside to talk to him man to man at the Grammys, but Drake is the one who went over to Common in front of everyone at All Star to ensure a photo.
The mainstream still doesn't know who Common is relatively speaking. The only reason the battle hit the mainstream media the way it did is because people wanted to know what Drake will say in response, Drake name attached to it is the reason it garnered any type of attention. The fact that Drake directly addressed it in Stay Scheming was one of the main reasons it got mentioned as well.

The last paragraph is jsut your bias opinion on the matter, its a bit of a reach.
 6 years ago '04        #70
jasonrcruz 
space
space
 Fear said:
Weren't n*ggas saying Drake would be done after SFG???

Then TML???

Then Take Care???

Shut your stupid a.ss up
Okay thats cute, he still hasn't experienced Ludacris success, whats your point
 6 years ago '07        #71
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
If you a man and an artist, you not finna back down from how you really feel about something. Even if you feel Drake hasn't put in enough work to talk so arrogantly, if you put yourself in his shoes, you would probably do the same sh*t. I don't agree with how he went at Luda on the sly and basically created that tension but everything else has been justified.
 6 years ago '12        #72
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,986 | Props total: 1251 1251
Fear = clueless
 6 years ago '11        #73
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
Drake always trying to take the highroad but he talks the most sh*t
 02-28-2012, 10:27 PM         #74
arqitekt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jasonrcruz said:
Okay thats cute, he still hasn't experienced Ludacris success, whats your point
in terms of todays economic standards, in my opinion drake is currently where luda was at his peak. can jump on any record and make it a hit if need be. just music was making literally millions more in ludas time. they're equals in terms of peaks of success but luda been around longer obviously. cause to say drake isn't at the top of the game right now is delusional.. period.
 6 years ago '11        #75
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
Luda, Common, & Pusha all have atleast 1 classic....Drake has 2 R&B albums
 6 years ago '04        #76
jasonrcruz 
space
space
 arqitekt said:
in terms of todays economic standards, in my opinion drake is currently where luda was at his peak. can jump on any record and make it a hit if need be. just music was making literally millions more in ludas time. they're equals in terms of peaks of success but luda been around longer obviously. cause to say drake isn't at the top of the game right now is delusional.. period.
I never said drake isn't at the top of the game but you can come up with all the excuses in the world but again...he hasn't experience the type of success whether it be on record or on film that luda has...when he has, then he maybe just maybe we can start that conversation about who is better.
 02-28-2012, 11:49 PM         #77
arqitekt 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
^^^ i dont care who's better that's not what i'm talking about at all.
 6 years ago '06        #78
BCB 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,548 | Props total: 113 113
 Fear said:
And after all of that, Drake is the only one successful out of all those f*ggots coming at him.
luda. common pusha. so u dont know who they are? those names arent "established stage names w/ hits and songs" created under they belts? go sit down w/ a coloring book or something.
 6 years ago '06        #79
BCB 15 heat pts15
space
space
$2,548 | Props total: 113 113
 Fear said:
And after all of that, Drake is the only one successful out of all those f*ggots coming at him.
 Fear said:
I never said that, I said that they weren't relevant currently.

Pay attention to logic, retarded a.ss f*ggot.
u never said that either. you said none of them, other than drake was successful. You gotta clear up w what you say. Maybe thats whats wrong w. rap/hiphop now a days. its always "current, whats hot right now" He surpassing diddy, cause back then what diddy had done was amazing for that time frame. Drake now, is doing whats amazing for THIS time frame. Common/Push/Luda can come at him, but Drake isnt addressing it like he should, he is all over the place like "DISS ME N U WILL NEVER HEAR A REPLY FOR IT.." A YEAR LATER... MAKIN SUB. DISSES TO PEOPLE. BUT SAY HE GOT NO PROBLEMS. only reason he is more popular over common, is time frame. if your 12-18 at the moment, right now. the radio plays a select few of artist, you like one and thats who ur rockin w. so your gonna defend that artist, reguardless. But just cause ur successful, dont mean u dont do ppl dirty, and they wont come /call you out on it, or come at you. u know the biz isnt flowers and lollipops right?
 02-29-2012, 01:07 AM         #80
IsaiahDaTrooth 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Forget Drake, this fake a.ss rapper talkin sh*t about everyone in the game these days, show some respect, first hes calling out common, now luda, soon this clown will be taking shots at BIG and Pac
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
61 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
71 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
44 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
55 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
144 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Landlord Accused Of Masturbating On Tenant's Clothes When She Wasn't H..
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
79 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
42 comments
19 hours ago