Drake On Subliminal Disses From Pusha T: I Dont Know, Maybe That Guy Is Bored.

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #41
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 Ant McQueen said:
There's a difference between relevance and popularity. Common may not be the most popular, but he is relevant. Irrelevant folk don't get invited to the White House to read poetry and sh*t. If he wanted to he could stop making new music and do shows performing nothing but older songs. That's relevance.
No, thats called a loyal fanbase. GZA is the perfect example, you dont think GZA is relevant as well do you? But he can sell out a show overseas with people demanding just Liquid Swords. Same with Common, because of what they HAVE done.
 6 years ago '05        #42
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,824 | Props total: 3391 3391
 sheedawg said:
So Drake isnt more relevant than Common in hip hop currently? Man, Commons place in hip hop is solidified theres no arguing that, and like I said, this isnt an all time debate, this si about relevance in the hip hop game, and like I stated earlier, the last time Common found himself relevant was with Finding Forever, and as stated before, his album has come and gone without much of a fuss being kicked, except for the fact that it contained a perceived shot at Drake.

And to the dude who posted that there is a difference between relevance and popularity, yes there is, but they work with one another. In order to be relevant, you need to be popular.
Seriously? I know that Drake raps but so did limp biscuit...neither reps hip hop to my mind, but that's just my opinion - do your thing fam.
 6 years ago '05        #43
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
 rashcobar said:
Seriously? I know that Drake raps but so did limp biscuit...neither reps hip hop to my mind, but that's just my opinion - do your thing fam.
Oh, you're one of those "Drake is not hip hop" type dudes.

6 years ago '08        #44
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 sheedawg said:
Oh, you're one of those "Drake is not hip hop" type dudes.

So he's more hip hop then common?

Since you riding drake so hard, be careful how you answer.
 6 years ago '10        #45
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,110 | Props total: 1269 1269
is n*ggaz really waiting on another Drake album though? n*ggaz run should be OVER pun intended. Dont this n*gga apologize after the albums drop and say the next sh*t gonna be better?
 6 years ago '11        #46
Blue Dream 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,448 | Props total: 594 594

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Yeah, Common ain't been doing sh*t, I mean an album, White House appearance, three movie roles, and a major role on a TV show bringing in 2.5-4.5 million viewers every episode ain't sh*t.
 6 years ago '10        #47
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,298 | Props total: 1951 1951
drake and fab had beef ?
 02-28-2012, 08:32 AM         #48
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 sheedawg said:

You don't have to like Drakes music, but to say that currently Common is more relevant than Drake is laughable.

they paint they own reality breh. a pimp like a broken record but finna say it again: YMCMB makes n*ggas emotional & irrational. mayne thats absurd to say Common da gawd is mo relevant than Drake is. hell its jus as absurd to say nasty Nas mo relevant than Drake is. but u see they emotion aint allowin them to look at sh*t rationally

so whut they do like Mathematic jus did when he realizes that yea... it do sound crazy... and say "well i'm talkin relevant to HIP HOP".. but who rapped mo over da course of they respective careers, Lauryn Hill or Drake? Drake hands down mayne. bi*ch only had 2 Fugees albums & one solo album wit WAY mo sangin than any Drake album. so why we dont diss that bi*ch and say she aint hip hop?

Drake makes me furious
 6 years ago '04        #49
dog4life 1 heat pts
space
space
$8,613 | Props total: 286 286
he don't want his career ended drake is smart still a pus*y though and his music is getting boring.
 6 years ago '10        #50
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,525 | Props total: 5854 5854
 sheedawg said:
No, thats called a loyal fanbase. GZA is the perfect example, you dont think GZA is relevant as well do you? But he can sell out a show overseas with people demanding just Liquid Swords. Same with Common, because of what they HAVE done.
Relevance has to do with importance. You think all of those people are a part of his original fan base? No sir. A lot of them are younger kids who have heard about his work, went back to listen, and then became a fan. There a lot of rappers that have come and gone. The ones that stick around for a long time have done 1 or 2 things. They've managed to remain popular and/or they have dropped album(s) that are culturally significant/classic (within Hip Hop).
 6 years ago '12        #51
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 Fear said:
And after all of that, Drake is the only one successful out of all those f*ggots coming at him.

Luda was way more successful than Drake.. And let's see where Drake is at in 15 years so you can compare him to Luda now?

I will guarantee that Drake will be washed out the game within 6 years
 6 years ago '05        #52
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,299 | Props total: 5485 5485
Pusah T and Luda USED TO BE better than Drake. But in 2012 .... Drake's music >>>>> Pusha T and Luda. Pusha's Fear of God mixtape was boring as hell. Luda's been making corny sh*t for a few years now. Both are still beasts, but have Pusha or Luda made a song as good as The Ride recently?
 6 years ago '05        #53
DaSmoothiest 
space
space
$394 | Props total: 16 16
the rap game has changed drastically
 6 years ago '12        #54
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
 ice wolf said:
Pusah T and Luda USED TO BE better than Drake. But in 2012 .... Drake's music >>>>> Pusha T and Luda. Pusha's Fear of God mixtape was boring as hell. Luda's been making corny sh*t for a few years now. Both are still beasts, but have Pusha or Luda made a song as good as The Ride recently?
They are past there prime.. Duh..

Let's see Drake still making quality music 12 years into the game..
 6 years ago '05        #55
GST 
space
space
$14,826 | Props total: 2394 2394
hashtag flow ? I didn't realize it had a name
 6 years ago '08        #56
FlyboyCaz 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,471 | Props total: 804 804
This n*gga got a excuse for everybody
 6 years ago '11        #57
Kade 10 heat pts10
space
space
space
$4,227 | Props total: 4130 4130
 GangGreen227 said:
weak?this n*gga tried him and his father b and lets not forget it was drake asking for it...its not like its nobodies who are dissing him its credible people..i really dont see how u can defend that sh*t drake is soft and aint built like that...he aint hov so he is in no position aint put in no work for him not to respond to n*ggas
Common stay scheming diss was weak sauce man. It was... aite. How you gon say that was hot and then say drake can't rap is all I'm saying.
 6 years ago '05        #58
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,299 | Props total: 5485 5485
 DoMieD said:
They are past there prime.. Duh..

Let's see Drake still making quality music 12 years into the game..
'Duh'? F#ck you.

Even if Drake isn't making quality music in 12 years. He still has accomplished this in just 3 years:

Drizzy Drake has broken another Billboard record surpassing Diddy with the most #1 Singles on Billboard's Rap Songs chart. Drake tied Diddy in October but after "Make Me Proud" topped the charts last week, the YMCMB team captain edged ahead.

1. Drake – Best I Ever Had
2. Say Something (Timbaland Feat. Drake)
3. Drake – Fancy (Feat. T.I. & Swizz Beatz)
4. Aston Martin Music (Rick Ross Feat. Chrisette Michele & Drake)
5. Forever (Eminem, Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Drake)
6. Drake – Over
7. Right Above It (Lil Wayne Feat. Drake)
8. Drake – Headlines
9. Moment 4 Life (Nicki Minaj Feat. Drake)
10. Drake – Make Me Proud (Feat. Nicki Minaj)
11. I'm On One (DJ Khaled Feat. Drake, Rick Ross and Lil Wayne)

Love him or hate him, he's already a legend whether you like it or not. Pusha, Luda or Common are nowhere near the most #1 Hip-Hop songs category.
 6 years ago '08        #59
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 256 256
Look, I hate Drake's music. I used to like him before he signed to YMCMB. I feel he's changed for the worst since then. Unfortunately, in terms of music, he is more popular and relevant than Common is. I can't go 15 mins without hearing him on the radio in some form or fashion.

Problem is, n*ggas go to extremes. Either Common is completely irrelevant or is the most popular rapper right now. He is neither. In all honesty, Drake would love to be where Common is in 10-15 years. He can still put out albums when ever he wants, but get money in other avenues. Common is at a point where he may not be as relevant to music/hip hop as Drake but he is more relevant to the culture.

Common is in a group with LL Cool J, Queen Latifah, Diddy, hell, even Jay-Z. They have transcended music but can come back anytime they want. Drake is HUGE right now, the biggest out at this moment, and even though I don't like his music, I don't wish failure on anyone, so I hope Drake can even touch where Common is in the next decade.
 6 years ago '08        #60
popsjenkins 26 heat pts26
space
space
$2,780 | Props total: 256 256
 ice wolf said:
'Duh'? F#ck you.

Even if Drake isn't making quality music in 12 years. He still has accomplished this in just 3 years:

Drizzy Drake has broken another Billboard record surpassing Diddy with the most #1 Singles on Billboard's Rap Songs chart. Drake tied Diddy in October but after "Make Me Proud" topped the charts last week, the YMCMB team captain edged ahead.

1. Drake Best I Ever Had
2. Say Something (Timbaland Feat. Drake)
3. Drake Fancy (Feat. T.I. & Swizz Beatz)
4. Aston Martin Music (Rick Ross Feat. Chrisette Michele & Drake)
5. Forever (Eminem, Kanye West, Lil Wayne & Drake)
6. Drake Over
7. Right Above It (Lil Wayne Feat. Drake)
8. Drake Headlines
9. Moment 4 Life (Nicki Minaj Feat. Drake)
10. Drake Make Me Proud (Feat. Nicki Minaj)
11. I'm On One (DJ Khaled Feat. Drake, Rick Ross and Lil Wayne)

Love him or hate him, he's already a legend whether you like it or not. Pusha, Luda or Common are nowhere near the most #1 Hip-Hop songs category.
But what does that mean in the long term?

I take nothing away from Drake's accomplishments but I ask you this, In 2023, are you going to be arguing the same facts when somebody tells you MC suchandsuch is the best thing since sliced bread?

Hip hop is a what have you done for me lately type of genre, that's the main basis of most of your arguments. "How much did Com's last album sell?" "He's not on the radio like Drake is" "He is not as popular now..."

Drake has not gotten out of the "flash in the pan" stage yet, and for the sake of your argument, I really hope he does.
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago