Must See...Who Will Buy The iPad 3? [INFOGRAPHIC]

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
100 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
88 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
149 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
17 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
If it is so good why is not more popular and selling more?
 02-28-2012, 09:13 PM         #22
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
78% of sales in the first 6 months will be from new owners...but current owners are 4x more likely to buy it? what?
 6 years ago '04        #23
tdm2000 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,161 | Props total: 507 507
iPads are/will soon be like Macs... Overpriced when there are cheaper, better ones
 6 years ago '07        #24
genobee 21 heat pts21
space
space
$2,486 | Props total: 390 390
 hockeythug said:
The fact that something like a tablet, has to sell to be better is a stupid argument. Apple products are build to emphasize simplicity, they wont build a beast of a tablet because they dont have too. I dont consider the specs of the ipad 3 that much of an improvement over the prime.

Just look at the specs of the prime, its on the same level as the ipad 3 without the retina display.

It has a hdmi port
Microsd card slot
Has a 32gbs of internal storage for the same price as the 16gbs ipad2/3
Lets not even talk about the keyboard.
Also personally I prefer ICS over Ios(unless its JB)

Before the year is over, Samsung will have the best Tablet out.
 6 years ago '07        #25
PLAN_B 
space
space
$848 | Props total: 23 23
 hockeythug said:
apple has better marketing...and it comes in white.
 6 years ago '07        #26
genobee 21 heat pts21
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
Ipad 3 = quad core, retina display, 4G... And prolly a HD increase and better camera...

How could you pass this up? It sh*ts on the competition
How so?? The iPad might not even get quad core(rumor:Dual-Core that could rival a quad core)

plus most new android tablet is coming out with the same specs. Hell the prime already have these specs on their 2 1/2 months old tablet.
 6 years ago '04        #27
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846
 genobee said:
The fact that something like a tablet, has to sell to be better is a stupid argument.
When both product a and b are priced the same and nobody buys product b, there is a obvious problem.
 6 years ago '07        #28
genobee 21 heat pts21
space
space
 hockeythug said:
When both product a and b are priced the same and nobody buys product b, there is a obvious problem.
Huh?? Well the prime wasn't marketed at all, except on blog sites and tech forums. Apple on the other hand, has a great marketing team. They've also solidify themselves as the to go tech company for mainstream consumers. The only company that could somewhat compete with apple in sales is Samsung, and thats still not a real competition.

But when comparing technology(or mostly anything for that matter), popularity should never be a factor.
 02-28-2012, 10:43 PM         #29
paliknight 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 genobee said:
Huh?? Well the prime wasn't marketed at all, except on blog sites and tech forums. Apple on the other hand, has a great marketing team. They've also solidify themselves as the to go tech company for mainstream consumers. The only company that could somewhat compete with apple in sales is Samsung, and thats still not a real competition.

But when comparing technology(or mostly anything for that matter), popularity should never be a factor.
agreed. when it comes to technology, only complete idiots would agree that Apple is the leading technology company. In fact, I would say it is one of the least technologically advanced. They may be one of the most innovative, but not even close to being the most technologically advanced. Their OS is just a fancier looking Linux (which is free btw), their hardware is always a year or 2 behind, and their products rely on aesthetics to sell.

I love Apple's software because it is among the most stable (hand down), but that is because it's among the simplest.
 6 years ago '05        #30
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
 Maroon_Tiger said:
Ipad 3 = quad core, retina display, 4G... And prolly a HD increase and better camera...

How could you pass this up? It sh*ts on the competition
It's not gonna be quad core, but

camera's probably gonna get the same upgrade the 4S did, which is a REALLY good camera if that's what it is...but I don't need to be taking photos with my iPad anyway

retina, alright...4G, eh...
 6 years ago '11        #31
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,378 | Props total: 4277 4277
 genobee said:
The fact that something like a tablet, has to sell to be better is a stupid argument. Apple products are build to emphasize simplicity, they wont build a beast of a tablet because they dont have too. I dont consider the specs of the ipad 3 that much of an improvement over the prime.

Just look at the specs of the prime, its on the same level as the ipad 3 without the retina display.

It has a hdmi port
Microsd card slot
Has a 32gbs of internal storage for the same price as the 16gbs ipad2/3
Lets not even talk about the keyboard.
Also personally I prefer ICS over Ios(unless its JB)

Before the year is over, Samsung will have the best Tablet out.
Everything you just typed just demonstrates the fact that you don't "get it" on neither a technical or consumer level. I'm going to address you on two fronts:

Consumer

Consumers don't care about the megahertz, ram, or specs in general or else tablets would have taken off a long time ago. The fact is that Apple is giving consumers what they want which is a tablet with a quality build, a sleek look, top notch performance, reliability, an expansive ecosystem, huge app selection, and #1 rated customer service. The iPad syncs seamlessly with the #1 online music retailer, the biggest selling phone, the best selling portable music player, the AppleTV, the Mac family, and it has the best mobile App Store, iBooks, iTunes, iTunes Remote, and AppleTV remote integrated into it. On a general level, the iPad gives the most solid experience to a wider variety of people which is why it is winning. With the iPad there is literally something for everyone.

It has more apps, better apps, more accessories, better support, and has a company backing it that stand by its product. You can say what you want about the iPad but it JUST WORKS. It's not about it being simple...it's just about not having to worry about fiddling with crap when you are trying to accomplish something completely different. I can break down the OSI and TCP/IP Protocol Stacks and give you the layers and individual protocols the reside inside them BUT I PREFER APPLE. When I'm at work I have to fix and build stuff allllll day...last thing I wanna do is worry about something else confusing when I get home. Apple's products are straight-forward and to the point which is why consumers love them. They look better, run better, have better customer service, and have a brick and motar hub aka the Apple Store.

Technical

We can talk stats until we are blue in the face but at the end of the day it all boils down to how the OS utilizes system resources and this is where Apple wins continuously. It's no secret that the iPad 1 with iOS 5 runs faster and much smoother than most Android tablets with dual core processors and double the ram. I've used many of the heavy hitter Android tablets from the Xoom, Galaxy Tab, Transformer Prime, and Iconia Tab and they all run sluggishly in the OS which is unacceptable. Who cares if you have double the ram and some powerhouse processor if it isn't being utilized efficiently.
 6 years ago '04        #32
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,569 | Props total: 2714 2714
 paliknight said:
agreed. when it comes to technology, only complete idiots would agree that Apple is the leading technology company. In fact, I would say it is one of the least technologically advanced. They may be one of the most innovative, but not even close to being the most technologically advanced. Their OS is just a fancier looking Linux (which is free btw), their hardware is always a year or 2 behind, and their products rely on aesthetics to sell.

I love Apple's software because it is among the most stable (hand down), but that is because it's among the simplest.
apps crash more often on ios than android so no it's not more stable.
 6 years ago '11        #33
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,378 | Props total: 4277 4277
 paliknight said:

There were no products before the Mac, iPod, iPhone, and iPad that had the same style, capability, reliability, and innovativeness. The mere fact that Apple was able to get all the technology that they did into each one of these sleek devices shows how technologically advanced they are. Apple is so technologically advanced that they can change the entire landscape of an industry with ONE product. They did it with computers, mp3 players, phones, and tablets.

MP3 Players
If Apple never created the iPod you'd still probably be using something like this to play your music:

[pic - click to view]

Phones
Look at how phones looked before the iPhone came out (left) and then look how the all looked after (right). Only a technologically advanced company can change an industry like that.

[pic - click to view]

Tablets
Check out how tablets looked before the iPad...only a technologically advanced company can make a tablet so sleek, reliable, and sturdy.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #34
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$3,992 | Props total: 5679 5679
 Deuterion said:
Everything you just typed just demonstrates the fact that you don't "get it" on neither a technical or consumer level. I'm going to address you on two fronts:

Consumer

Consumers don't care about the megahertz, ram, or specs in general or else tablets would have taken off a long time ago. The fact is that Apple is giving consumers what they want which is a tablet with a quality build, a sleek look, top notch performance, reliability, an expansive ecosystem, huge app selection, and #1 rated customer service. The iPad syncs seamlessly with the #1 online music retailer, the biggest selling phone, the best selling portable music player, the AppleTV, the Mac family, and it has the best mobile App Store, iBooks, iTunes, iTunes Remote, and AppleTV remote integrated into it. On a general level, the iPad gives the most solid experience to a wider variety of people which is why it is winning. With the iPad there is literally something for everyone.

It has more apps, better apps, more accessories, better support, and has a company backing it that stand by its product. You can say what you want about the iPad but it JUST WORKS. It's not about it being simple...it's just about not having to worry about fiddling with crap when you are trying to accomplish something completely different. I can break down the OSI and TCP/IP Protocol Stacks and give you the layers and individual protocols the reside inside them BUT I PREFER APPLE. When I'm at work I have to fix and build stuff allllll day...last thing I wanna do is worry about something else confusing when I get home. Apple's products are straight-forward and to the point which is why consumers love them. They look better, run better, have better customer service, and have a brick and motar hub aka the Apple Store.

Technical

We can talk stats until we are blue in the face but at the end of the day it all boils down to how the OS utilizes system resources and this is where Apple wins continuously. It's no secret that the iPad 1 with iOS 5 runs faster and much smoother than most Android tablets with dual core processors and double the ram. I've used many of the heavy hitter Android tablets from the Xoom, Galaxy Tab, Transformer Prime, and Iconia Tab and they all run sluggishly in the OS which is unacceptable. Who cares if you have double the ram and some powerhouse processor if it isn't being utilized efficiently.

:applause:

You nailed it. Apple has optimized the iPad to what consumers have shown they want from it. From my desktop I require awesome specs and a plethora of "slots" and stuff. From my tablet I require exactly what Apple has given me.
 6 years ago '04        #35
Scoop 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,045 | Props total: 97 97
 Deuterion said:
There were no products before the Mac, iPod, iPhone, and iPad that had the same style, capability, reliability, and innovativeness. The mere fact that Apple was able to get all the technology that they did into each one of these sleek devices shows how technologically advanced they are. Apple is so technologically advanced that they can change the entire landscape of an industry with ONE product. They did it with computers, mp3 players, phones, and tablets.

MP3 Players
If Apple never created the iPod you'd still probably be using something like this to play your music:

[pic - click to view]

Phones
Look at how phones looked before the iPhone came out (left) and then look how the all looked after (right). Only a technologically advanced company can change an industry like that.

[pic - click to view]

Tablets
Check out how tablets looked before the iPad...only a technologically advanced company can make a tablet so sleek, reliable, and sturdy.

[pic - click to view]

oh my god. i swear...you idiots never cease to amaze me.

those pictures are tailored for that specific reason. they dont include devices that dont fit into that mold. there were other phones and tablets that looked like the ipad and the iphone before those came out.

these posts seriously deserve an insta-ban. its getting so old.

honestly, i was thinking about getting the ipad3 but after ICS w/ working hw accel on the touchpad, i dont really need it. i dont play games, i can watch videos from all my favorite sites (sh*t i cant do on the ipad3 due to no flash), and its got hbo go and netflix. i dont really need more.
 02-29-2012, 06:54 AM         #36
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hockeythug said:
Are we really saying that one tablet is better than another because of popularity and not performance?

Only on Boxden, I swear. I do not even think that most Apple stans would mention sales as a reason an Apple product is better than a non Apple product. I swear only Boxden produces these kinds of comments. Sales has nothing to do with a computing device being the best or not. There are plenty of electronic devices that put up huge sale numbers but are inferior to another similar product.
 02-29-2012, 06:55 AM         #37
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What I was surprised at was how many Ipad owners either own very little paid apps or none at all. I thought only Android users were broke?

6 years ago '11        #38
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 xeduran said:
Are we really saying that one tablet is better than another because of popularity and not performance?

Only on Boxden, I swear. I do not even think that most Apple stans would mention sales as a reason an Apple product is better than a non Apple product. I swear only Boxden produces these kinds of comments. Sales has nothing to do with a computing device being the best or not. There are plenty of electronic devices that put up huge sale numbers but are inferior to another similar product.
a product being better or inferior to another product is an arbitrary idea at the end of the day. "Performance" is a vague measure of what's better...because the word "better" also needs to be defined... are you saying better for someone... or better in what way?

Saying a product performs better than another product is based on the individual and their needs/wants.

There's a reason why Apple laptops/computers are more expensive, not spec'd as high, and sometimes not even physically capable as a Windows alternative...yet it is the most preferred computer amongst educational field and generally for people who have a decent income.

Ask your average individual that's not a fu*kin geekazoid and has no adverse feelings of Apple what they prefer.

"What's better" is an opinion question at the end of the day, because it's based on preference of the individual....

It's like saying 1 car is better than another car...you have to define your parameters of "better" before you can just declare a car better than the other... performance means nothing without parameters.
 02-29-2012, 09:37 AM         #39
xeduran 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
a product being better or inferior to another product is an arbitrary idea at the end of the day. "Performance" is a vague measure of what's better...because the word "better" also needs to be defined... are you saying better for someone... or better in what way?

Saying a product performs better than another product is based on the individual and their needs/wants.

There's a reason why Apple laptops/computers are more expensive, not spec'd as high, and sometimes not even physically capable as a Windows alternative...yet it is the most preferred computer amongst educational field and generally for people who have a decent income.

Ask your average individual that's not a fu*kin geekazoid and has no adverse feelings of Apple what they prefer.

"What's better" is an opinion question at the end of the day, because it's based on preference of the individual....

It's like saying 1 car is better than another car...you have to define your parameters of "better" before you can just declare a car better than the other... performance means nothing without parameters.
The average individual does not know a dang thing about performance or anything technical. Better performance is better performance, point blank period. If one tablet can load websites faster, play videos faster, play games faster, have a better screen, etc, then it is the better tablet. Preferred and better are too different things. When people in the actual industry talk about electronics they are talking about performance. All benchmarking and reviewing online by the tech sites is talking about performance. What the consumer prefers does not make it better.

The parameters are things like browsing, gaming, viewing videos, taking pictures, etc. Those are the accepted parameters in the industry. The average consumer knows nothing about these or very little. Now we are defining the term "better". Reviews are done as objectively as possible because of the bias people have for certain name brands. Quite often very good products are overlooked because of the name brand. This is why us educated folks actually review things and find out what is the best product.

If you are going to argue the definition of "better", then the Ipad is still no better than an Android tablet. Depending on who is buying the tablet, an Android tablet may be better. Sales still do not support the "better" argument in that case. All sales tell is that the Ipad is more popular.

Just because someone does not need the fastest tablet when it comes to surfing the web, does not make the tablet they choose better than the faster alternative. They just have a preference. That is like saying that if most men prefer white women that white women are better. It is a preference, not an actual fact proven by performance. My point is that to say that a product that sells a lot more than another is better than the other, based on sales, is just ridiculous. It just means that most people prefer that product. Brand name has a very large pull when it comes to products.

Let's see how many Apple TVs sell even though there are superior TVs on the market for lower prices. I guess if Apple TVs sell like hotcakes, that would make them better.

Last edited by xeduran; 02-29-2012 at 09:50 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #40
FrankAndBeans 27 heat pts27
space
space
$3,992 | Props total: 5679 5679
In an open, free market the better product is determined by the consumer sales. And the consumers have consistently shown the iPad to be the best tablet. There is more to a product than a spec sheet.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
153 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
90 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
96 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
71 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
50 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy