NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
41 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
50 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
145 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
52 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #1
8060 pageviews
88 comments

Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,904 | Props total: 21190 21190
Reason Why Lebron Hasn't Entered a Dunk Contest

[pic - click to view]

Pay the winner $1 million and LeBron might dunk

ORLANDO -- It's been NBA All-Star Saturday's Moby d!ck. LeBron James, and his superhuman athletic ability, in the dunk contest.

Without ever really having the intention to participate, LeBron has often dropped hints like he would. He indicated he might during the 2010 All-Star Game in Dallas and then didn't rule out the notion for this year's in Orlando. But LeBron has never intended to dunk.

"It’s not me," he said Friday. "I’m not a dunk contest type of guy. I’m an in-game dunker. I kind of improvise during the game.''

But what if there was a prize? LeBron was asked if someone tossed a $1 million winner-take-all bounty on it, if he'd take part.

"Then I'd reconsider," he said "Wouldn't you?"

Yeah, I definitely would, but I also can't jump-fly like LeBron James. So I'm not entirely sure that's applicable, LeBron.

Not to unnecessarily rag on LeBron here, but like every other player, he loves to talk about how All-Star Weekend is about the fans. It's a showcase for fans to enjoy the game, see the stars and celebrate the NBA. Which is why people want LeBron in the dunk contest. Because it would be a ton of fun for fans. Except LeBron says he'd only consider if you paid him a million smackers. Not a great look.

On the other hand, LeBron is someone worth upwards of $50 million but an extra million is an extra million. And despite LeBron saying he's an in-game dunker, you know he'd blow us away. Blake Griffin said the same thing and I'd say his dunk contest performance was acceptable.

The great ones have all dunked though. Players like Michael Jordan, Julius Irving, Kobe Bryant -- they all took time to do it. That doesn't mean LeBron should feel inclined or obligated, but if it's a status thing, he shouldn't worry about it.

So if you want to see LeBron dunk, start raising some money to hand to the winner. Otherwise, I wouldn't bank on King James playing along.

[pic - click to view]

Pay the winner $1 million and LeBron might dunk - CBSSports.com

88 comments for "Reason Why Lebron Hasn't Entered a Dunk Contest"

6 years ago '11        #2
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #3
BronxBombers 195 heat pts195
space
space
$37,697 | Props total: 2455 2455
Whats a Mil to Lebron .....Cmon man your better than that
 6 years ago '06        #4
Qbert 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,638 | Props total: 2541 2541
The NBA guys of today feel like they have a lot to lose I figure. This is why the dunk competition is suffering.
 02-26-2012, 09:53 PM         #5
Chopzilla 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Stupid as fu*k

Go out there have fun its only once a year man Im juss sayin
 6 years ago '08        #6
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
He's lying, he doesn't want to do it.
 6 years ago '06        #7
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
has a point.
 6 years ago '10        #8
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
 Im Soo Special said:
Thats exactly why his luck always down
n*gga stfu
 02-26-2012, 10:09 PM         #9
BooHaggle McGee 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Gottagat said:
n*gga stfu
n*gga utfs
 6 years ago '11        #10
KING JAYY 536 heat pts536
space
space
$52,334 | Props total: 20060 20060
 Gottagat said:
n*gga stfu
climb off bron bron nuts
 6 years ago '05        #11
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
there no point for Bron to do the dunk contest . ppl will expect to much nothing he would do would be good enough and the doesnt need more hate from espn . So i dont blame him they judge him on everything he fu*king does . unless he did a 720 from the FT line they would whine and bi*ch stay away Bron stay Away
 6 years ago '07        #12
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,578 | Props total: 43731 43731
the real reason: he's sacred of losing.
 6 years ago '04        #13
TheGame4705 21 heat pts21
space
space
$3,483 | Props total: 26 26
 ST21 said:
bingo!! dude is scared of losing, the reason he left Cleveland, i kno if he entered the dunk contest his simplest dunk would win because it is jus that trash now.
 6 years ago '10        #14
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209 OP
space
space
$67,904 | Props total: 21190 21190
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
there no point for Bron to do the dunk contest . ppl will expect to much nothing he would do would be good enough and the doesnt need more hate from espn . So i dont blame him they judge him on everything he fu*king does . unless he did a 720 from the FT line they would whine and bi*ch stay away Bron stay Away
So because he will face scrutiny he shouldn't do a dunk contest............for the fans.............................................w ho buy his products every year.............................................. ..........................................and vote for him into the all star games every year?

You're serious with that babying sh*t bruh?

What a fu*king joke society has become.
 6 years ago '04        #15
LightWeight 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,375 | Props total: 1914 1914
man....These NBA players chase the money, What happened to the Love for the Game? Money make people go CURAZZYY!!
 6 years ago '10        #16
Gottagat 
space
space
$11,644 | Props total: 218 218
 DR JAYY said:
climb off bron bron nuts

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #17
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
So because he will face scrutiny he shouldn't do a dunk contest............for the fans.............................................w ho buy his products every year.............................................. ..........................................and vote for him into the all star games every year?

You're serious with that babying sh*t bruh?

What a fu*king joke society has become.
dude they scrutiny EVERYTHING THIS MAN DOES from his off season football game

to what he tweets who he's friends media and espn blow up everything he does

THERE NOTHING HE CAN DO IN A DUNK CONTEST TO PROVE ANYTHING all the can do is take an L cause no matter what he does they will fine something to bi*ch. And if he didnt win they would go in on that sh*t to . So i dont blame LBJ i dont blame any of the super stars the bad out weights the good by far u can thank sports talk radio and media for no stars doing it anymore .
 6 years ago '04        #18
LilKray 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,304 | Props total: 2 2
I could see if this was a MLB not wanting to participate in the home run derby out of fear of messing up stroke. But this is different. Like he says, all-star weekend is about the fans. Give the fans what they want then.
 6 years ago '06        #19
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
 ST21 said:
 TheGame4705 said:
bingo!! dude is scared of losing, the reason he left Cleveland, i kno if he entered the dunk contest his simplest dunk would win because it is jus that trash now.
you do know it's fan voting for the winner? all LeBron has to do is just do those tomahawk dunks and he'll win.....
 6 years ago '07        #20
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,916 | Props total: 1802 1802
With the kind of air he gets, he would murder it IMO.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
95 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
126 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
178 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
82 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy