Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
40 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
155 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
225 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-26-2012, 09:56 PM         #61
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MegaTON said:
i got a $200 IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad with 320gb of space, a lot more than that piece of sh*t has, also saves money on energy, also can take it to class if i absolutely need to, guess im a hipster cuz i like saving money - at the same time having outdated electronics as a centerpiece of ironic humor inside your house, along with a collection of vhs woody allen flicks makes this guy pretty cool though, you're right dude
What makes you think that (a) He has a class to go too (b) Needs 320gb of space (c) Would buy a laptop when he could kit-out his tower at the same price and (d) Actually needs anything more than what he has?

A Lenovo Thinkpad w/320gb of space in Europe is AT LEAST $600 first hand, anyway, so regardless of the above your argument is void. And buying something is never saving money, you'd have to be an epic fu*king retard—which I've already concluded you are—to think that buying a product you don't need is saving money.

I suppose people who haven't upgraded to 50 inch flatscreen televisions are hipsters, and you actually saved money when you went out and bought one for a few hundred dollars?

Some people cannot afford or even need anything more than a basic computer. Your argument that owning books and an out-dated PC system is the give-away of someone being a hipster is an amazing admission of just how out of touch you are with the real world. According to you, being poor and being a hipster are indistinguishable. There are no poor people, only people who own computers from 2006 as a statement of irony. There are no people who are technically-illiterate, only people who own computers from 2006 as a statement of irony.

Aside from the fact he owns a computer which probably runs on Windows XP, what else about that image makes you think he's a hipster?
 6 years ago '07        #62
notic99 25 heat pts25
space
space
$7,584 | Props total: 0 0
 - Streetz - said:
struggling musicians/hipsters
all prolli have rich parents
and work at bookstores or pizza/coffee shops
 6 years ago '04        #63
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
 ROFLSTOMP said:
What makes you think that (a) He has a class to go too (b) Needs 320gb of space (c) Would buy a laptop when he could kit-out his tower at the same price and (d) Actually needs anything more than what he has?

A Lenovo Thinkpad w/320gb of space in Europe is AT LEAST $600 first hand, anyway, so regardless of the above your argument is void. And buying something is never saving money, you'd have to be an epic fu*king retard—which I've already concluded you are—to think that buying a product you don't need is saving money.

I suppose people who haven't upgraded to 50 inch flatscreen televisions are hipsters, and you actually saved money when you went out and bought one for a few hundred dollars?

Some people cannot afford or even need anything more than a basic computer. Your argument that owning books and an out-dated PC system is the give-away of someone being a hipster is an amazing admission of just how out of touch you are with the real world. According to you, being poor and being a hipster are indistinguishable. There are no poor people, only people who own computers from 2006 as a statement of irony. There are no people who are technically-illiterate, only people who own computers from 2006 as a statement of irony.

Aside from the fact he owns a computer which probably runs on Windows XP, what else about that image makes you think he's a hipster?
you mad

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

02-27-2012, 06:09 PM         #64
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How could I be mad? I've won. I might buy myself a fu*king cheeseburger to celebrate.
 6 years ago '04        #65
badboy600 15 heat pts15
space
space
$5,357 | Props total: 1575 1575
I know a shorty that lives like this. She likes to live in different cities so she never keeps a lot of sh*t. When she moved from L.A. to Miami last year sold everything she couldn't get in her luggage and that was that.
 6 years ago '05        #66
uptwnclwn 
space
space
$1,056 | Props total: 0 0
I feel RICH looking at them pics
 6 years ago '11        #67
4o 0z 4 heat pts
space
space
$963 | Props total: 16 16
man fkk these lame safety net havin muthafkkers tht have the freedom to live whtevr lifestyle they so damn please. the fact of the matter is most likely these fkks have all their real items @their rich a.ss mommy&daddies house

they think its cool to not be 'hunkered down' by material possessions because theyv lived their life being able to have whtever they wnt. fu*k these ppl man

yeah im mad

Last edited by 4o 0z; 02-27-2012 at 07:57 PM..
 02-27-2012, 08:38 PM         #68
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4o 0z said:
man fkk these lame safety net havin muthafkkers tht have the freedom to live whtevr lifestyle they so damn please. the fact of the matter is most likely these fkks have all their real items @their rich a.ss mommy&daddies house

they think its cool to not be 'hunkered down' by material possessions because theyv lived their life being able to have whtever they wnt. fu*k these ppl man

yeah im mad
Or maybe they're early-twenties who don't have much money, can't afford their own place and actually live with their parent(s) and don't have many possessions because I don't know, maybe they're saving money to go towards a mortgage.

They have way more stuff than most people their age in Europe. We aren't all Americans who get bought free stuff by our debt-dependent parents. None of you people have a fu*king clue about life outside your country, do you? You're looking at Swedish culture and Swedish society with an American perspective that's incompatible.
 6 years ago '04        #69
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
 ROFLSTOMP said:
Or maybe they're early-twenties who don't have much money, can't afford their own place and actually live with their parent(s) and don't have many possessions because I don't know, maybe they're saving money to go towards a mortgage.

They have way more stuff than most people their age in Europe. We aren't all Americans who get bought free stuff by our debt-dependent parents. None of you people have a fu*king clue about life outside your country, do you? You're looking at Swedish culture and Swedish society with an American perspective that's incompatible.
we don't live there why the fu*k would we care how they live?
 02-27-2012, 09:29 PM         #70
Drone 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Cool thread
 02-27-2012, 09:33 PM         #71
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MegaTON said:
we don't live there why the fu*k would we care how they live?
Then don't make ignorant, nonsensical comments and character a.ssumptions about these people.

And evidently you do care how they live, you wouldn't have been so concerned with the mans computer otherwise.
 6 years ago '11        #72
4o 0z 4 heat pts
space
space
 ROFLSTOMP said:

GTFO
2 of those ppl have macs. their clothes look nice,& evry1 of those apmts/studios/ whtevr theyr sitting in look more expensive thn anything ive ever lived in.

im not gnna sit&act like i kno these ppl&their living situations, bt neither do you & judging frm the pics, they dnt look they have any $$ prblems. wen i was in college i met plenty of these douchebag snoody fu*ks tht acted like they were so entitled& great because they 'werent materialistic' jst bcause they shopped @ salvation army& listened to alternative music; all the while drinking starbucks&driving bmws.
they looked vry similar to the ppl in these pics

/rant

#'s 1,3,4&5 are who im targeting, bt i figure theyr all in the same boat

Last edited by 4o 0z; 02-27-2012 at 10:27 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #73
MissStush88 1 heat pts
space
space
$903 | Props total: 4 4
Makes me feel disgusting about all the stuff I own. : / And compared to my friends I dont have that much stuff.

Where's the whip? My Coupe cant fit in dem rooms.

Cool pics tho
 6 years ago '07        #74
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
 4o 0z said:
GTFO
2 of those ppl have macs. their clothes look nice,& evry1 of those apmts/studios/ whtevr theyr sitting in look more expensive thn anything ive ever lived in.

im not gnna sit&act like i kno these ppl&their living situations, bt neither do you & judging frm the pics, they dnt look they have any $$ prblems. wen i was in college i met plenty of these douchebag snoody fu*ks tht acted like they were so entitled& great because they 'werent materialistic' jst bcause they shopped @ salvation army& listened to alternative music; all the while drinking starbucks&driving bmws.

/rant

so they have a mac? they invested in a computer - the best investment you can make in this age. instead of dropping money on shoes/clothes/cars/ they invested in an all in one tv/typewriter/studio/movie theatre all for 1k.
 6 years ago '04        #75
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,644 | Props total: 2650 2650
lol @ how mad people are in this thread
 02-28-2012, 08:40 AM         #76
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4o 0z said:
GTFO
2 of those ppl have macs.
And what? Having a Mac doesn't mean you can afford your own place.

4o 0z said:
their clothes look nice
By what standard? I doubt every item of clothing being worn, collectively, breaches the $200 barrier. Only the f*ggy dude in the striped shirt looks like a spender.

4o 0z said:
evry1 of those apmts/studios/
What apartment studios? Half of them are sat in a bedroom. There's nothing expensive about the rooms they're in, you don't understand European swag.

4o 0z said:
whtevr theyr sitting in look more expensive thn anything ive ever lived in.
Well maybe you should start shopping at Ikea.

4o 0z said:
im not gnna sit&act like i kno these ppl&their living situations, bt neither do you & judging frm the pics, they dnt look they have any $$ prblems.
But if they were black, wore American clothes and sat in an American style room I bet you wouldn't say that. Your opinion is borne of an ignorance to Europe.

4o 0z said:
wen i was in college i met plenty of these douchebag snoody fu*ks
Really? How many Swedish people did you meet in college, I would love to know.

4o 0z said:
tht acted like they were so entitled
How are these people acting like they're entitled?

4o 0z said:
& great because they 'werent materialistic'
Who says they aren't materialistic? I see plenty of material objects in the image. TV's, computers, books, shoes, clothes, musical instruments, sound systems, cameras.

Does having different priorities and interests than your own make someone pretentiously non-materialistic? If they had nikes, dvds and wu tang posters would they be more materialistic, or would they simply have different culture, different interests?

4o 0z said:
jst bcause they shopped @ salvation army
Sweden is a predominately Atheist country and is not America. People shopping at the Salvation Army doesn't really happen.

4o 0z said:
& listened to alternative music
Well yes, they're in their 20's, I'm sure they do listen to 'alternative' music, as do most mentally functioning adults. If you don't listen to more 'alternative' music by the time you're in your mid-20's then there is something mentally wrong with you.

4o 0z said:
all the while drinking starbucks&driving bmws.
Hipsters in Europe don't drive BMW's - Hell, most of them don't fu*king drive. Hipsters use public transport.

4o 0z said:
Yeah, do you know why? Because hipsters in America imitate basic European fashion and trends, that may or may not be recognised as hipster in Europe. You recognise their dress as being hipster, a person in Sweden wouldn't necessarily make that recognition, because they look like run of the mill Swedish people.

4o 0z said:
The only definite hipsters is number 4.
 02-28-2012, 08:42 AM         #77
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ruff said:
lol @ how mad people are in this thread
Is ongoing discussion an indication of anger?
 6 years ago '11        #78
4o 0z 4 heat pts
space
space

broke my argument dwn pretty well bt didnt really comprehend wht i was getting @ because u were busy refuting evrything i said. yer only rebuttal is tht these ppl can do wht they want&are all swedish...&yer rite - bt my argument still stands - these people look like the pretentious egocentric hipsters ive met along the way tht are anti-mainstream for the sake of being anti-mainstream. whether they are or not is still up for neverending debate.

im still a :hater:
 02-29-2012, 02:15 PM         #79
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's just different cultures and different fashion, I'm being a rude d!ckhead but only because as a European I know your a.ssumptions on them aren't fair.

This is how people in Europe are. The metros3xual 80's look isn't just something hipsters too, it's the in thing for anyone below 30 who pays attention.

They look like f*ggy egocentric hipsters by an American standard, but by a European standard they just like the normal f*ggy people. I hate anti-conformists who conform to anti-conformistism as much as you, but these people aren't it(apart from the wanky c*nt in the striped shirt).

They dress like c*nts, but it's more than likely they're normal Swedish people who aren't into hipster anything
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
77 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
25 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
296 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
50 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
89 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
61 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy