Phat ass white girl for real
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
88 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-25-2012, 10:21 PM         #161
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Decan45 said:
Because dude could royally fu*k your hair up, and all he'll lose out on is a measly $15 bucks while he laughs to himself the moment you walk your a.ss out of the door...

I've been going to the same barber for years. Old Bruce is my man! Dude charges $12 for a fade and I hook him up with a $20 every time. It's a personal relationship at this point. Stuff like that is worth it to me. On occasion he'll just fade me up for free. Some people dig being charitable, some people are fu*king scroogish... To each his own.
I must be living on a different planet to you. Where I'm from a tip is a gratuity, an optional reward for a service. It's not mandatory, and not giving one doesn't come with the potential of receiving a bad service. In contrast what you're talking about is not tipping, what you describe is bribery.

Your actions aren't charitable. What's charitable when the tip is expected, when it's for all intents and purposes a mandatory action? If I give a tip where I'm from I am being charitable, if you give a tip it sounds you're doing so to ensure your barber doesn't maliciously ruin your hair, or the waiter doesn't spit in your food.

If your man Bruce isn't making enough money and depends on tips then he could quite easily raise his prices, surely?
 02-25-2012, 10:22 PM         #162
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SickBlitz said:
so glad all you cheap fu*ks can't afford to eat in my restaraunt
If cheap people can't afford to eat in your restaurant then logic dictates you have no reason to expect tips, as you're already making enough profit from your mandatory prices - No?
 6 years ago '04        #163
slimyellow 4 heat pts
space
space
$13,119 | Props total: 1151 1151
me an shorty went to a steak house earlier today and the bill was 31 bucks.. we left the waitress a 5 dollar tip cuz she did a good job an kept my pink lemonade topped off.
 02-25-2012, 10:24 PM         #164
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Buttersrugby said:
Few things,
1. The tip structure keeps food prices low, so either get used to an Applebees having $12-15 APPETIZERS, get with the program, or stay home and cook yourself some stale as$ Hamburger Helper.
Explain how.
 6 years ago '04        #165
Alf 
space
space
space
$453 | Props total: 0 0
 ROFLSTOMP said:
Explain how.
Tipped employees still make minimum wage, employers are allowed to pay a lower statutory minimum wage because the tips are supposed to make the difference.

If the employee's tips do not cover the difference between the standard minimum wage and the "tipped employee" minimum wage, the employers MUST make up the difference.

You can refer to the NLRB and FLSA if you would like.

Thus, the employer will have to pay them around $2-$4 more an hour. When the employer has to pay more and hour, they will raise the prices of the food. Either way, the price will be passed on to the consumer.

That is how.
 02-25-2012, 10:53 PM         #166
ROFLSTOMP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Alf said:
Tipped employees still make minimum wage, employers are allowed to pay a lower statutory minimum wage because the tips are supposed to make the difference.

If the employee's tips do not cover the difference between the standard minimum wage and the "tipped employee" minimum wage, the employers MUST make up the difference.

You can refer to the NLRB and FLSA if you would like.

Thus, the employer will have to pay them around $2-$4 more an hour. When the employer has to pay more and hour, they will raise the prices of the food. Either way, the price will be passed on to the consumer.

That is how.
I understand that, but tips are expected so the difference is superficial. The mandatory price might change, but if you factor in that most people do tip then the customer really isn't paying out more than they would anyway.

Okay, so lets say a restaurant has 10 employees working 12 hours a day, and the owner of the restaurant has to pay out an extra $360 each day because they don't ask for tips, that's nothing. It's like a few % increase on menu prices. The customer isn't losing money, because what they lose on higher food prices they get back with not paying a tip.

Last edited by ROFLSTOMP; 02-25-2012 at 10:57 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #167
SickBlitz 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,434 | Props total: 203 203
 ROFLSTOMP said:
If cheap people can't afford to eat in your restaurant then logic dictates you have no reason to expect tips, as you're already making enough profit from your mandatory prices - No?
Yeah but that's not how it works out, after taxes I generally make less than a dollar an hour on my salary so tips are the only thing I rely on
 6 years ago '04        #168
Adwerdz 320 heat pts320
space
space
$32,777 | Props total: 23477 23477
i'm sure n*ggas will spit in his sh*t from now on
 6 years ago '04        #169
Alf 
space
space
space
$453 | Props total: 0 0
 ROFLSTOMP said:
I understand that, but tips are expected so the difference is superficial. The mandatory price might change, but if you factor in that most people do tip then the customer really isn't paying out more than they would anyway.

Okay, so lets say a restaurant has 10 employees working 12 hours a day, and the owner of the restaurant has to pay out an extra $130 each day because they don't ask for tips, that's nothing. It's like a few % increase on menu prices. The customer isn't losing money, because what they lose on higher food prices they get back with not paying a tip.
The numbers are larger than that.

Michigan minimum wage is $7.40. Minimum tipped employee wage is $2.65. This means the employer must make up $4.75/hour

Well, 1 employee making an extra $4.75/hour for 8 hours would be an extra $38/day.

Now add in the 4 hours overtime at a mandatory minimum time and a half. Thats $4.75/more hour at time in a half equaling $7.12. Multiply this by the 4 hours and get an additional $28.4 in overtime alone.

That is a total hourly cost of $66/day per employee in addition to what you are already paying.

Multiply that by your 10 employees and you are at an extra $660/day.

Don't forget the payroll taxes, lets estimate 15%. $660 x .15 = $99. Now you are at an additional $770/day in costs to the employer.

If we say it is your local small town diner and they serve 100 plates/day, this means the average plate would go up around $7.70. Are you ready to pay $17.70 for a chicken pita?
 6 years ago '07        #170
Rob De Niro 120 heat pts120
space
space
$13,488 | Props total: 668 668
ill give you a tip..

tip of my verga
 6 years ago '09        #171
Toss 
space
space
space
$7,119 | Props total: 1656 1656
 slimyellow said:
me an shorty went to a steak house earlier today and the bill was 31 bucks.. we left the waitress a 5 dollar tip cuz she did a good job an kept my pink lemonade topped off.
Wait wtf a steak house and only 71 cents where do you live man and what the name of the steak house
 6 years ago '06        #172
991 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,688 | Props total: 741 741
 One Gud Cide said:
I leave 0% tips. fu*k am I going to pay you for doing your job for? It's called your salary wow cool you can walk food on a tray pretty impressive here's some bonus money
They make like 2 bucks an hour u cheap scrooge
 6 years ago '11        #173
Tony Franks 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,407 | Props total: 3891 3891
 Decan45 said:
At the end of the day, you should tip what you can afford to tip. However, if you can't afford to tip, you shouldn't eat out. If you can, yet refuse to out of spite against the system, you have to realize you're victimizing the wrong people when you do that.
Motherfu*kin gold!!!:agreement6:

In France, the waiters consider it a sign of disrespect if u leave a tip. But the wait staff there is treated with respect and paid a fair wage

Last edited by Tony Franks; 02-26-2012 at 12:02 AM..
 02-26-2012, 12:05 AM         #174
Ayena 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I agree and disagree with the banker.

1. Yea he was an a.ss for doing that.

2. BUT, I have worked in the food/bar industry and let me tell you something. SOOOOO many of those waiters/waitresses/bar tenders/ etc. Have been in it for YEARS. Not because they are banking, but because a lot of them just do not care much for their future.

Working at a bar, about 95% of the employee's are drunks/druggies. Do nothing but bi*ch and complain, about tips, other employees, customers, bosses, etc. They all expect to get ridiculous tips, but yet again 90-95% of them are terrible at what they do. I couldn't stand it anymore, so I quit.

If you come in drunk and/or high and fail to do a proper job, then do not expect to make a lot of money. They have this massive ego that no matter how well or how bad they perform that they deserve a very good tip.

In other words it all comes down to how well you perform at your job. If you takes shows like the real world, jersey shore, and any other show that involves arguing, bi*ching, crying, backstabbing, etc. and but them into one, THAT IS WHAT THE RESTAURANT/BAR/CLUB consist of.
 02-26-2012, 12:30 AM         #175
DOOMage 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I don't know if it's been mentioned in here or not, and I don't know how differently it applies in the States compared to Canada

But restaurants up here have servers tipping out at the end of their shift. For mid-range bigger restaurants it's usually around 4.5% tip out of their total sales, at an upper class restaurant where the servers have waiter a.ssistants they usually tip out around 6.5-7% of their total sales.

So if you stiff a server, THEY end up having to PAY out of their own pocket to have served you. I even try to preach that to some people I've had lunch with who originally want to tip out 10% on good service - they only get half that. 90% of the time I will tip around 15-20% because 1) I know the work they put in and that they have to tip out and 2) because as others have said, if I'm going out to eat then it's because I have money to burn that week so it seems only right.

I've seen some raw sh*t at my work when servers have been fu*ked with, either during service or post-tip. I remember my co-worker was being treated like absolute sh*t by this one douchebag to the point where he went upstairs to the urinal and wiped his fingertips up and down it (after he pissed in it) and then went downstairs and dipped his fingers in the hot butter that he was bringing out for the guys lobster

Don't fu*k with people. And if you don't want to tip, then don't go to a place that has SERVICE. Go to a fu*king buffet if you just want to get the food yourself. It's amazing how people still can't grasp that you are being served and that's what you are paying for.
 6 years ago '06        #176
Panasonic 82 heat pts82
space
space
$5,677 | Props total: 1462 1462
lol they marked out the name but not the website, was prob at the "The Arrogant Butcher"

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #177
Chad09 160 heat pts160
space
space
$10,966 | Props total: 637 637
You want a Tip...How about the tip of my d!ck. :grin2:

fu*k Tipping...I need that money.
 6 years ago '05        #178
J Real 
space
space
space
$964 | Props total: 62 62
There is a diff in resturant caliber! You have to pass 3 test to even be interviewed at my place of employment. The people that are saying it's a no brained job is what's pissing me off but I know they have never stepped foot in a real establishment! Just like any job anywhere u have to have experience and extensive knowledge to even be considered. I wait on the one percent u think they want junckie drug addicts taking care of them! As I said before please try to explain or pimp or whatever sell me a 250 dollar shot!!!!! I can because I k now my product and how to move it. I made 50k working 20 25 hrs a week because I k ow my trade and and damn good at it! I don't have to rely on bullsh*t a.ss people for tips because I have an established clintel who comes to see me once or twice a week.
 6 years ago '07        #179
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,231 | Props total: 20011 20011
 Somatic G said:
So us people are entitled to pay for generous tips? fu*k 15% tips and sh*t
if you don't like it, go to college
how do you know this waiter isn't in college dumbass? God damn some of you people are fu*king stupid.

Somatic G said:
The average Middle Class person
and you should prob rethink that "us" thing, cause middle class people aren't dropping $130 for two people on lunch
 6 years ago '07        #180
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,231 | Props total: 20011 20011
 One Gud Cide said:
and that's why you work at a restaurant, you have to be a fairly uneducated, ignorant individual to have a mentality like that. "oh you're not tipping me (which is a bonus) for my service, that's most likely terrible, for a job I should already be getting paid for, well I'll teach you a lesson!"

Sounds like some sh*t a 12 year old would say after being grounded

here's the thing....I don't make you work there. why should I care if you get $2 an hour or you work for free? go get a new job if it bothers you. I don't tip the mechanic for fixing my car, doctors, teachers, postal workers, garbagemen, or anyone who actually does an important job....yet i should tip someone for doing most like a terrible job at...a restaurant?
holy sh*t you're stupid.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
113 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
140 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
19 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
167 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
131 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
150 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
352 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy