Banker Leaves 1% Tip On $133 Lunch Bill In Defiance of 'The 99%'

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
72 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
48 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #81
Cap Peeler 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,859 | Props total: 0 0
 modalee said:
Waiters are overpaid to be honest. Yeah their hourly pay is like $2.50-$8 an hour but at a decent to good restaurant waiters including their tips make $20-40 an hour. I got a buddy that works at Cheesecake Factory and he makes on average including his tips $35-40 an hour which is ridiculous. The minimum amount to tip a waiter of 15% is bullsh*t. You should only tip whatever you feel is deserved depending on the waiters performance the quality of the food.
i used to work at the cheesecake factory and every penny that servers make there are well deserved. It's really physically demanding job and the bullsh*t you gotta put up with customers in there i hated that place like a mufu*ka
 6 years ago '06        #82
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2284 2284
 Cap Peeler said:
i used to work at the cheesecake factory and every penny that servers make there are well deserved. It's really physically demanding job and the bullsh*t you gotta put up with customers in there i hated that place like a mufu*ka
It's still not a good enough justification for making more per hour (including tips) than most people who have to actually have some form of schooling or training or apprenticeship. Serving someone food takes no skill at all. Motherfu*kers working at Mcdonalds gets just as or more busy during the day yet they aint makin that same type of money. Straight up I could easily get my food myself like at a fast food joint instead of having someone serve it to me.
 02-25-2012, 03:17 PM         #83
Killa Kwamz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If the service was sh*t I wouldnt have left a nickle
 6 years ago '04        #84
Alf 
space
space
space
$453 | Props total: 0 0
When I valeted waiting for school to start we made good money, usually like $20-$30 hour depending on the situation, but we did work our a.ss off. 2 block run to get the cars, then run up however many flights of stairs there were in the garage because the elevator didn't run on the weekend.

What amazed me is that people would stay at the hotel all weekend and not tip. I mean, you are giving someone your car, probably the second largest a.sset you have besides your house, and you don't think it is worth $3-$5 to make sure your car is taken care of 100000x better and to get your car back to you 10x faster.
 6 years ago '05        #85
J Real 
space
space
space
$963 | Props total: 62 62
Most of y'all are really young or fu*king broke. This is why I work at a high end resturant where stupid fu*ks like y'all can't afford to eat! I never get under 20%! every table in my place has 3 waiters and it's not as easy as u think. If u think it's a no brained job u have Mos def never tried it before! U don't tip on food it's the dining experience!
 6 years ago '06        #86
darnbni99a 
space
space
$2,012 | Props total: 24 24
lmaooooo thats fuked up but
 6 years ago '04        #87
Alf 
space
space
space
 J Real said:
Most of y'all are really young or fu*king broke. This is why I work at a high end resturant where stupid fu*ks like y'all can't afford to eat! I never get under 20%! every table in my place has 3 waiters and it's not as easy as u think. If u think it's a no brained job u have Mos def never tried it before! U don't tip on food it's the dining experience!
You can tell that most the people commenting on how they don't tip have never been to a high end restaurant, saying "all they do is bring your food. I would get it myself."

If they had money or had been to somewhere nice they would know that servers bring the food.
 6 years ago '06        #88
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,783 | Props total: 2284 2284
 J Real said:
It is a no brained job sorry to break the news to you. Just because the place is busy and you have to remember a few orders from customers doesnt mean it requires some kind of skill or special training/schooling. It's ridiculous that some waiters can make up to $40-50 an hour with tips included.
 02-25-2012, 03:42 PM         #89
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Freemind said:
his comment is ignorant. how he know his waiter doesnt have another job, busting his a.ss 100% more than the banker, and still not making ends meet.

wealthy people are so far out of touch with reality its sad.
 6 years ago '04        #90
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,603 | Props total: 4053 4053
The ignorance in this thread is astounding .
 6 years ago '06        #91
riga89 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,049 | Props total: 132 132
Listen as*hole. Who ever did that deserves to get a flat tire every day of the week. fu*k you leave such a d!ckhead response.
 02-25-2012, 03:50 PM         #92
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jha84 said:
1. waiters/waitresses dont make salary. they get paid by the hour. 2. most restaurants pay them below the minimum hourly rate and hope they can make up for it in tips. if i were you id make sure id check all my food for pubic hair before i ate it...or never go to the same restaurant twice!
and that's why you work at a restaurant, you have to be a fairly uneducated, ignorant individual to have a mentality like that. "oh you're not tipping me (which is a bonus) for my service, that's most likely terrible, for a job I should already be getting paid for, well I'll teach you a lesson!"

Sounds like some sh*t a 12 year old would say after being grounded

scrappy2115 said:
Just a heads up minimum wage for a waiter/waitress id $2.15 an hour in N.J

My bad just realized thread was 5 pages deep I retract my last statement clearly been mentioned 30 times
here's the thing....I don't make you work there. why should I care if you get $2 an hour or you work for free? go get a new job if it bothers you. I don't tip the mechanic for fixing my car, doctors, teachers, postal workers, garbagemen, or anyone who actually does an important job....yet i should tip someone for doing most like a terrible job at...a restaurant?

Last edited by One Gud Cide; 02-25-2012 at 03:54 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #93
J Real 
space
space
space
$963 | Props total: 62 62
Can u tell me what grapes come from what region or their characteristics to even sell a bottle of wine? Can you tell me how every liquor is made and what it consist of. What are the mother sauces? Plz try to sell me a $250 shot of Louie. People go to collage to get in my resturant!!! You Have never been out before easy to see. Like I said before really young or to poor to know the diff between chilliies and a real resturant.
 6 years ago '12        #94
Bull23 
space
space
space
$272 | Props total: 0 0
 Vajakris7 said:
Since a lot of you seem ignorant maybe seeing the numbers will help. I will use IL as the example to help you see your ignorance.

Minimum Wage in IL: $8.25
Average Salaries w/out Tips for Waiter/Waitress in IL: $2-$4

When someone is hired to be a waiter or waitress, they make less money on salary, but it is implied that the difference between their salary and minimum wage will be made up through tips.

Now as to the "get a real job" or "get a better job" comments:

42% of new grads from college cannot find a job in the field for which they went to school for. Therefore they are forced to work other jobs since no one is hiring.
 6 years ago '04        #95
Alf 
space
space
space
 One Gud Cide said:
and that's why you work at a restaurant, you have to be a fairly uneducated, ignorant individual to have a mentality like that. "oh you're not tipping me (which is a bonus) for my service, that's most likely terrible, for a job I should already be getting paid for, well I'll teach you a lesson!"

Sounds like some sh*t a 12 year old would say after being grounded

here's the thing....I don't make you work there. why should I care if you get $2 an hour or you work for free? go get a new job if it bothers you. I don't tip the mechanic for fixing my car, doctors, teachers, postal workers, garbagemen, or anyone who actually does an important job....yet i should tip someone for doing most like a terrible job at...a restaurant?
See my previous post, it is called economics. If the waiters tips doesn't bring them to minimum wage, the employer has to cover the difference. If the employer has to cover the difference they will raise prices. When the employer raises prices we all pay more for the food. Either way, the cost is spread to the consumer.

Really, you are just mooching off of the people who do tip because we keep the food prices at the level which they currently are.... From a tipper... YOU'RE WELCOME!
 6 years ago '04        #96
jaybizzle 
space
space
$3,323 | Props total: 10 10
 bobby doobie said:
more like you don't tip cause you're broke
no doubt, dude probably looking for a dollar menu at a sit down restaurant!!!!!!!!
 02-25-2012, 04:01 PM         #97
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ThursdayNit3 said:
His comment on it is funny. But regardless of having money, it that waiter wasnt there, this f*k wouldnt have his food delivered to him.

But then again
if your average bill is $100+ and you're getting 15%, that's atleast $15 per table. A few tables an hour and you're talking about making $60+ an hour...split with the folks in back and that's $30 an hour. Take home...taxes optional, lol. Over an 8 hour shift, making $30 an hour would put you over $60 grand a year.

being a waiter is great, depending on where you work. if you work at applebees, that's one thing, but if you work where people pay $80 for some a pretty plate.....you're ON. i dont know if they get benefits though.
 02-25-2012, 04:01 PM         #98
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Alf said:
See my previous post, it is called economics. If the waiters tips doesn't bring them to minimum wage, the employer has to cover the difference. If the employer has to cover the difference they will raise prices. When the employer raises prices we all pay more for the food. Either way, the cost is spread to the consumer.

Really, you are just mooching off of the people who do tip because we keep the food prices at the level which they currently are.... From a tipper... YOU'RE WELCOME!
I don't give a fu*k, I'll pay more for food because then I'm actually paying for THE FOOD. If the food is sh*t, send it back, you still get what you pay for.

But now I'm supposed to pay less for food, and regardless of the quality of it, the restaurant, or the people give more money to people who are providing the sh*tty service? And you think that makes sense to you?

You must be a busboy
 02-25-2012, 04:01 PM         #99
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
what a real piece of sh*t. will humans ever stop treating each other like this, just fu*king be kind to people. you know what you go through - so does everyone else.
 6 years ago '05        #100
zogby 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,131 | Props total: 26 26
Mention the “99%” in my boss’ presence and feel his wrath.

What the fu*k is the waiter doing mentioning the 99% , they get what they deserve probably being a smart a.ss to the customer .
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
21 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy