Banker Leaves 1% Tip On $133 Lunch Bill In Defiance of 'The 99%'

most viewed right now
 NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
30 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatumís stats for the month of December so far
39 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
197 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #1
17023 pageviews
288 comments

GROUCHCARTEL 97 heat pts97
space
space
$4,294 | Props total: 5 5
Banker Leaves 1% Tip On $133 Lunch Bill In Defiance of 'The 99%'

[pic - click to view]

A banker left a 1% tip in defiance of 'the 99%' at a Newport Beach restaurant the other week, according to his dining companion and underling who snapped a photo of the receipt and posted it to his blog, Future Ex Banker. (Update: the blog is now offline.)

In posting the photo, the employee gave some background on his boss and the receipt:
Mention the ď99%Ē in my bossí presence and feel his wrath. So proudly does he wear his 1% badge of honor that he tips exactly 1% every time he feels the server doesnít sufficiently bow down to his Holiness. Oh, and he always makes sure to include a ďtipĒ of his own.

The "tip" of his own in this case was to tell the server to "get a real job." Pleasant.
The whistle blower's Future Ex-Banker blog (now offline) included additional background on his boss, and some insight into why he would out his gross behavior, likely resulting in an employment status of current ex-banker:

I work in the corporate office of a major bank for a boss who represents everything wrong with the financial industry: blatant disregard and outright contempt for everyone and everything he deems beneath him. On top of that, heís a complete and utter tool. At the same time, Iím still cashing paychecks, an admittedly willingóalbeit reluctantócog in the wheel of this increasingly ugly industry, so Iíve created this blog as a confessional of sorts. It wonít entirely clear my conscience, but hopefully itíll help. Iím sure Iíll get fired eventually. Until then, enjoy.

UPDATE: In a conversation with the Huffington Post, Mike Wilcox, the vice president of operations for True Food Kitchen, gave some insight into how the company was treating the incident since the receipt began receiving attention online. Wilcox said that the restaurant was "absolutely" treating the receipt as real, but to confirm its authenticity for certain, they were in the process of tracking down both the physical receipt at the restaurant and the computer-generated copy in their credit card system.

"The first thing we're going to do is to make sure the server is taken care of," Wilcox said, "and make sure the server wasn't treated badly or insufficiently tipped." He explained that they would be asking Breanna, the server named on the receipt, if she recalled the table and how her service was. "If her service was up to the level" they a.ssume their employees would deliver, Wilcox said, "they would do everything they can to make it up to her somehow." Referring to online comments posted about the receipt, Wilcox remarked, "people are asking us to ban the person from the restaurant -- if more information came through on who the person is I first would love to talk to him."

UPDATE II: As many have noted, a true 1% tip correctly rounded to the nearest penny would have been $1.34, leaving this tip just shy of that threshold, mathematically speaking.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Banker Leaves 1% Tip On $133 Lunch Bill In Defiance of 'The 99%' [UPDATED]

He can expect this the next time he goes there

[video - click to view]

288 comments for "Banker Leaves 1% Tip On $133 Lunch Bill In Defiance of 'The 99%'"

6 years ago '07        #2
ThursdayNit3 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,708 | Props total: 21 21
His comment on it is funny. But regardless of having money, it that waiter wasnt there, this f*k wouldnt have his food delivered to him.

But then again
 6 years ago '05        #3
Freemind 41 heat pts41
space
space
$8,870 | Props total: 4 4
 ThursdayNit3 said:
His comment on it is funny. But regardless of having money, it that waiter wasnt there, this f*k wouldnt have his food delivered to him.

But then again
his comment is ignorant. how he know his waiter doesnt have another job, busting his a.ss 100% more than the banker, and still not making ends meet.

wealthy people are so far out of touch with reality its sad.
 6 years ago '05        #4
the407problem 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,516 | Props total: 231 231
"get a real job"

yea cause everyone can be banker.....sh*t like this makes me want to go postal and start shooting these rich fu*ks.
 6 years ago '04        #5
D. Norman 6 heat pts
space
space
$14,850 | Props total: 1992 1992
at the comment on the tip...
 6 years ago '07        #6
pdman57 3 heat pts
space
space
$143 | Props total: 0 0
where the hell are you dropping $133 for 2 people for lunch....
 6 years ago '11        #7
I KILL TREES 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,932 | Props total: 1075 1075
 pdman57 said:
where the hell are you dropping $133 for 2 people for lunch....
at a nice sit down resturant im sure this n*gga wasnt eating at mu fu*king applebees or some sh*t !
 6 years ago '10        #8
vuser88 28 heat pts28
space
space
$2,054 | Props total: 315 315
doubt this sh*t is real,

sounds like ows is slowly dying off. these fu*ks need to occupy a desk next.
 6 years ago '09        #9
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
karma is a bi*ch
 02-25-2012, 01:09 PM         #10
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I leave 0% tips. fu*k am I going to pay you for doing your job for? It's called your salary wow cool you can walk food on a tray pretty impressive here's some bonus money
 6 years ago '11        #11
BuckedCrazy 46 heat pts46
space
space
$5,048 | Props total: 1513 1513
 One Gud Cide said:
I leave 0% tips. fu*k am I going to pay you for doing your job for? It's called your salary wow cool you can walk food on a tray pretty impressive here's some bonus money

Because some of them make below minimum wage and rely on tips
 6 years ago '04        #12
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,155 | Props total: 9565 9565
Damn!!!!!
 6 years ago '07        #13
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,617 | Props total: 2457 2457
fu*k this piece of sh*t f*g
 6 years ago '10        #14
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,836 | Props total: 20743 20743
 One Gud Cide said:
And here we fu*king go again. People like you are the type to wonder why you got the runs all night.
 6 years ago '11        #15
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 Freemind said:
his comment is ignorant. how he know his waiter doesnt have another job, busting his a.ss 100% more than the banker, and still not making ends meet.

wealthy people are so far out of touch with reality its sad.
... not tryna defend the investment banker... but ibankers have some ridiculous hours.
 02-25-2012, 01:38 PM         #16
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fake
 6 years ago '11        #17
bobby doobie 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,493 | Props total: 250 250
 jesusplay said:
they knew what they was getting into

I don't tip unless the bi*ch goes the extra mile
more like you don't tip cause you're broke
 6 years ago '08        #18
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 One Gud Cide said:
if this is true...karma is gonna be a bi*ch for you..
 6 years ago '07        #19
bslechta 5 heat pts
space
space
$418 | Props total: 1 1
this is funny and then they wanna defend the waitress.. when does that ever happen
 6 years ago '05        #20
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 Somatic G said:
yeah, fu*k the low class. I don't know why they bi*ching, go to school
k!ll yourself.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
27 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
278 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
132 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
91 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy