UFC 144: Japan Official Discussion Thread

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
19 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
67 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
28 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #861
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
compustrike has edgar 124 -114 smdh
dont worry frankie will get him in the re-match.
 6 years ago '09        #862
ill 800 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,089 | Props total: 269 269
didnt think benson did enough to take the belt...but i was dozing off through rounds 3 and 4
 6 years ago '08        #863
GoldBluded 537 heat pts537
space
space
$17,891 | Props total: 22637 22637
Benson dominated the whole match good win to the kid. Hes to strong for frankie it looked liked franks punches wasnt affecting benson at all.
 6 years ago '05        #864
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,426 | Props total: 4772 4772
just watching the f!ght Edgar was looking ragged stumbling around the ring towards the end...all those knees and kicks to the body wore him down and he definitely looked a little slow towards the end...

and to whoever said that all Edgar's damage came from two strikes
 6 years ago '06        #865
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,545 | Props total: 6800 6800

[pic - click to view]

dateye
 6 years ago '07        #866
CASH1 5 heat pts
space
space
$7,785 | Props total: 2401 2401
Still Benson didn't do enough to win that f!ght. If it wasn't for that lucky up-kick, it would've easily been Edgar's f!ght.

I hope Frankie gets another shot soon, but if he drops another weight class, I'd love to see him kick Jose Aldo's a.ss.
 02-26-2012, 11:56 AM         #867
Black Samurai 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's ooking like we're going to see pettis-Henderson 2, which is great. Also Dana seems to be pushing for Edgar to drop down and f!ght Aldo for the title. Hmm
 6 years ago '05        #868
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
 CASH1 said:
Still Benson didn't do enough to win that f!ght. If it wasn't for that lucky up-kick, it would've easily been Edgar's f!ght.

I hope Frankie gets another shot soon, but if he drops another weight class, I'd love to see him kick Jose Aldo's a.ss.
Ben did more than Edgar did...not sure what you mean by enough...

lucky? Ben tried to kick Edgar in the face and Edgar didn't protect himself...so the kick landed on the face, how is that luck? Ben created the space needed to land that kick by putting in work off his back causing Edgar to readjust and drop his guard...

I wouldn't mind seeing Edgar vs. Aldo...Edgar would put up a better f!ght than Mendes did...I'm taking Aldo in that f!ght but it woud be interesting to see if all that movement by Edgar would tire Aldo, who also cuts a large amount of weight and looks to pace himself in f!ghts...
 02-26-2012, 12:12 PM         #869
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea I was bullsh*tting with that weight thing, I just don't like judges turning the f!ght into a beauty contest at the end of the match.

I think Henderson probably won the f!ght, but to take the belt it can't be that close. Edgar outclassed him at times but Henderson just got lucky on a few strikes that make it seem like he was doing work. The whole last round is proof of that to be honest.
 6 years ago '12        #870
Dee352 170 heat pts170
space
space
$10,742 | Props total: 610 610
 Zaosyn said:
i wanna see hunt vs Matt Mitrione. i think thats more likely than carwin
after watching the kongo f!ght hunt will destroy Matt Mitrione
 6 years ago '05        #871
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
 -BigC- said:
I think Henderson probably won the f!ght, but to take the belt it can't be that close. Edgar outclassed him at times but Henderson just got lucky on a few strikes that make it seem like he was doing work. The whole last round is proof of that to be honest.
i just don't get that bolded sentence...if Henderson won the f!ght why shouldn't he get the belt? champs can't lose close decisions? maybe Henderson is just a slightly better f!ghter than Edgar...Ben shouldn't have to dominate Edgar to get the belt, all he has to do is more than Edgar...
 6 years ago '05        #872
Sluggernaut 19 heat pts19
space
space
$23,511 | Props total: 4426 4426
Pettis vs Benson 2.0, I'm all over that one.
 6 years ago '10        #873
rockyin4 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 440 440
The song that played in my head when Okami got TKO'd after sh*tting on Boestch for two rounds

[video - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

02-26-2012, 01:09 PM         #874
-BigC- 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MysticKJ said:
i just don't get that bolded sentence...if Henderson won the f!ght why shouldn't he get the belt? champs can't lose close decisions? maybe Henderson is just a slightly better f!ghter than Edgar...Ben shouldn't have to dominate Edgar to get the belt, all he has to do is more than Edgar...
That's how I feel it should be. You have to clearly beat the champ to take his belt. If its close I would prefer a draw and rematch. And I think it was really really close, initial impression is that Henderson may have won but I am going to rewatch the f!ght. Its hard to really see who won because you tend to not see the whole round but just judge the ending or bigger moments. I know Edgar got at least 2 rounds and the third was close.

Last edited by -BigC-; 02-26-2012 at 01:11 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #875
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
 -BigC- said:
That's how I feel it should be. You have to clearly beat the champ to take his belt. If its close I would prefer a draw and rematch. And I think it was really really close, initial impression is that Henderson may have won but I am going to rewatch the f!ght. Its hard to really see who won because you tend to not see the whole round but just judge the ending or bigger moments. I know Edgar got at least 2 rounds and the third was close.
but that's not part of the rules of the sport...that's just a personal opinion...

but like I said, what if Henderson is just a slightly better f!ghter than Edgar? he shouldn't get the belt because he didn't prove he was leaps and bounds better? the winner should get the belt regardless of the closeness...

the champ already has the advantage in that he retains the belt with a win OR a draw...he shouldn't have another advantage where he can't lose his belt if the f!ght is close...

champs are champs for a reason and usually are tough outs in close f!ghts...

the fairest way to judge a championship f!ght imo is to have in the mind that neither guy is the champ once the f!ghts starts...but whoever wins that one f!ght (no matter how close) will 'become' the champ...

Last edited by MysticKJ; 02-26-2012 at 01:38 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #876
#RAPTORSWON 228 heat pts228
space
space
$22,257 | Props total: 2708 2708
 DaViLLe726 said:
compustrike has edgar 124 -114 smdh
dont worry frankie will get him in the re-match.
And f!ghtmetric had it for Henderson...

Frankie didnt do enough... face it
 02-26-2012, 01:38 PM         #877
Gramzsdfasdfsdf 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Zaosyn said:
i wanna see hunt vs Matt Mitrione. i think thats more likely than carwin
Hunt to take a step back and have to f!ght Mitrione?

That would make zero sense.
 6 years ago '07        #878
RJ96 8 heat pts
space
space
$15,837 | Props total: 2000 2000
didn't get to see the 2 final rds last night

FUCCCCCCCCCK YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! BOY! Smooth Champion!
 6 years ago '05        #879
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,313 | Props total: 270 270
 Russ369 said:
And f!ghtmetric had it for Henderson...

Frankie didnt do enough... face it
you mean f!ghtmetric the blog???
fu*kin reach...
 6 years ago '11        #880
PotheadFocker 169 heat pts169
space
space
$33,339 | Props total: 8511 8511
Amazing title f!ght I was rooting for Bendo all night and was glad to see him get the decision. He beat the brakes off Frankie. Frankie is sooo tough tho it made for an excellent f!ght.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
123 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy