How many of you weightlifters drink beer??

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
164 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #1
9760 pageviews
16 comments

rdogg11 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$960 | Props total: 30 30
How many of you weightlifters drink beer??

I was on a steady binge before I got my a.ss together and joined the gym. How many of you drink beer or spirits and how much do you drink? Does it ever effect your workouts in the gym?

16 comments for "How many of you weightlifters drink beer??"

02-24-2012, 11:28 AM         #2
Xenozx 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
alcohol is a muscle builders worst friend. Up to 3 days after drinking "alcohol" your body can be effected. Alcohol is a poison. Used in moderation (1-2 beers) I dont think you have anything to worry about, but if you get drunk, then the next 3 days, you mine as well not even waste going to the gym, because it will be a waste of effort. As a body builder your goal is to reduce body fat, and something about the way alcohol works it keeps you from building muscle for the next few days and causes you to store fat.
 6 years ago '11        #3
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
Alcohol is a horrible for body builder.

It lowers your testosterone, increases estrogen, and slows down protein synthesis... some people even say it stops it for a certain period too
 6 years ago '05        #4
R4P 11 heat pts11
space
space
$7,012 | Props total: 232 232
You've heard of "beer belly," but did you know that beer
itself doesn't make you fat? Beer is relatively low in
calories and makes you urinate more, so the calories
don't build up, making it hard to get fat.
Yet, since sugar is required to break down alcohol
and beer foam makes you hungrier...
When these things combine, you get the munchies and.
..Voila! Beer belly!
 6 years ago '11        #5
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 R4P said:
I don't know if thats necessarily true. Haven't really researched bear belly's, but to say it's just from eating can't be true.

There are people with literal beer bellys... probably couldn't get like that just from eating.
 6 years ago '06        #6
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
Well all depends kn the person. I actually get my strongest lifts when im hungover
 6 years ago '09        #7
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,315 | Props total: 7973 7973
i dont drink and when i do its hard liquor, i rather take 4 shots of hard liquor then drink 10 beers...with that a few of my friends are brolic and they drink like crazy...i think they just have good genetics though
 6 years ago '06        #8
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
haven't heard of any super serious lifters ever really drinking at all, I look at it like it has some negative effects, and zero positives, so I stay away
 6 years ago '05        #9
Gotti211 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,721 | Props total: 6 6
Damn so yall must just live in the gym. I mean I understand being hardcore in the gym but damn I like to go out and have some drinks from time to time
SClass gave props

6 years ago '07        #10
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
i lift and i drink beer
 6 years ago '04        #11
Duntaz 58 heat pts58
space
space
$13,337 | Props total: 5763 5763
Like Jacc said if you wanna drink take a few shots of hard liquor. I think Michelob ultra is like 10 or 20 carbs. I'd say no more than 3 beers. But then again u just start to buzz off of 3 beers. Unless your just drinking for the taste lol. I don't see a problem in occasional drinking not like your a body builder for a living.
 6 years ago '08        #12
Snappy 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$727 | Props total: 1 1
 Xenozx said:
alcohol is a muscle builders worst friend. Up to 3 days after drinking "alcohol" your body can be effected. Alcohol is a poison. Used in moderation (1-2 beers) I dont think you have anything to worry about, but if you get drunk, then the next 3 days, you mine as well not even waste going to the gym, because it will be a waste of effort. As a body builder your goal is to reduce body fat, and something about the way alcohol works it keeps you from building muscle for the next few days and causes you to store fat.
no chance, ur just weak
 6 years ago '06        #13
Sammyboi22 
space
space
$13,620 | Props total: 230 230
I know plenty of diesel a.ss people who binge on the regular
 6 years ago '09        #14
Lil Jay 30 heat pts30
space
space
$7,999 | Props total: 424 424
a beer after workout will actually help your muscles regain some nutrients.
If you're serious about body building I would limit it to two drinks maximum I guess, but I know a lot of cats who drink heavily and stay in shape no problem
 02-25-2012, 04:55 PM         #15
jbfilms 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Beer (1) is actually "healthy". Monks used to drink beer during fasting.... anything after.. you void the health benefits. No positives in liquor.. enjoy your self
 6 years ago '04        #16
enetblazin4eva 4 heat pts
space
space
$11,116 | Props total: 597 597
Studies have shown that small amounts of alcohol increase muscular endurance and strength output, but, these benefits are very short lived. After around twenty or so minutes, the problems start. All the negative side affects of alcohol fully outweigh any possible benefits it can have to anyone. Alcohol is a toxin (poison) and so a whole host of physical abnormalities can arise.

These can reduce your strength, endurance, recovery capabilities, aerobic capacity, ability to metabolize fat and muscle growth. Alcohol can also affect your nervous system and brain. Long term use can cause severe deterioration of your central nervous system. With short term use, nerve-muscle interaction can be reduced resulting in a loss of strength.

When alcohol reaches the muscle cells, it can cause damage to them. Inflammation of the muscle cells is common among alcohol users. Over the long term, some of these damaged cells can die resulting in less functional muscle contractions. Alcohol will also leave you with more muscle soreness after exercise making recuperation periods longer.

Alcohol has many affects on your heart and circulatory system as well. You may see a reduction in your endurance capacities when you drink alcohol. When drinking alcohol, your heat loss increases, because alcohol stimulates your blood vessels to dilate. This heat loss can cause your muscles to get cold thus becoming slower and weaker during contractions.

Alcohol can cause digestive and nutritional problems as well. Alcohol causes a release of insulin that will increase the metabolism of glycogen, thereby sparing fat making fat loss more difficult. Because alcohol also can interfere with the absorption of many nutrients, you can become anemic and deficient in the B vitamins. Since your liver is the organ that detoxifies alcohol, the more you drink, the harder you liver has to work and the extra stress can damage and even destroy some liver cells.

Alcohol is also diuretic so large amounts can put a lot of extra stress on your kidneys. During diuretic action, ant diuretic hormones are secreted. This can result in heightened water retention and no one who exercises wants that to happen.
Alcohol, although having no nutritional value, also has seven calories per gram so excess consumption can lead to weight gain as well.

Everyone knows that working out while under the influence of alcohol is
dangerous because of the likelihood of injury, but few athletes realize that
consuming alcohol after a workout, practice, or competition can cancel out any
physiological gains you might have received from such activities. Not only does
long-term alcohol use diminish protein synthesis
resulting in a decrease in muscle
build-up, but even short-term alcohol use can impede muscle growth.

In order to build bigger and stronger muscles, your body needs sleeps to repair
itself after workouts. Because of alcohol’s effect on sleep, however, your body is
robbed of a precious chemical called “human growth hormone” or HGH. HGH is
part of the normal muscle-building and repair process and the body’s way of telling
itself your muscle needs to grow bigger and stronger. Alcohol, however, can
decrease the secretion of HGH
by as much as 70 percent! Also, when alcohol is in
your body, the production of a substance in your liver is triggered that is directly
toxic to testosterone
, a hormone essential to the development and recovery of your
muscles.

Speeding the recovery of sore muscles and injuries is integral to optimal
performance. Alcohol is a toxin—a toxin that travels through your bloodstream to
every organ and tissue in your body, thus slowing your body’s ability to heal itself.

Additionally, once alcohol is absorbed through your stomach and small intestine
and finally into your cells, it can disrupt the water balance in muscle cells, thus
altering their ability to produce adenosine triphosphate (ATP)
, which is your
muscles’ source of energy. ATP provides the fuel necessary for your muscles to
contract.

ABSTRACT
The present study examined potential mechanisms for the inhibition of protein synthesis in skeletal muscle after chronic alcohol consumption. Rats were maintained on an alcohol-containing diet for 14 wk; control animals were pair fed. Alcohol-induced myopathy was confirmed by a reduction in lean body mass as well as a decrease in the weight of the gastrocnemius and psoas muscles normalized for tibial length. No alcohol-induced decrease in total RNA content (an estimate of ribosomal RNA) was detected in any muscle examined, suggesting that alcohol reduced translational efficiency but not the capacity for protein synthesis. To identify mechanisms responsible for regulating translational efficiency, we analyzed several eukaryotic initiation factors (eIF). There was no difference in the muscle content of either total eIF2 or the amount of eIF2 in the phosphorylated form between alcohol-fed and control rats. Similarly, the relative amount of eIF2B in muscle was also not different. In contrast, alcohol decreased eIF2B activity in psoas (fast-twitch) but not in soleus or heart (slow-twitch) muscles. Alcohol feeding also dramatically influenced the distribution of eIF4E in the gastrocnemius (fast-twitch) muscle. Compared with control values, muscle from alcohol-fed rats demonstrated 1) an increased binding of the translational repressor 4E-binding protein 1 (4E-BP1) with eIF4E, 2) a decrease in the phosphorylated -form of 4E-BP1, and 3) a decrease in eIF4G a.ssociated with eIF4E. In summary, these data suggest that chronic alcohol consumption impairs translation initiation in muscle by altering multiple regulatory sites, including eIF2B activity and eIF4E availability.

ethanol; peptide-chain initiation; translation initiation; eukaryotic initiation factors 2, 4E, and 4G; 4E-binding protein 1; adenosine 5'-triphosphate; rats

Alcohol Impairs Regulation of Blood Sugar Levels
Alcohol Impairs Reproductive Functions
Alcohol Impairs Calcium Metabolism and Bone Structure
Hormones May Influence Alcohol-Seeking Behavior

- too much to quote

:hmm:
 6 years ago '05        #17
Rubix 
space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
 Lil Jay said:
a beer after workout will actually help your muscles regain some nutrients.
If you're serious about body building I would limit it to two drinks maximum I guess, but I know a lot of cats who drink heavily and stay in shape no problem
how does beer help you regain nutrients?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
100 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
185 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
60 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy