Act of Valor (2012)

most viewed right now
 73
Katy Perry already done exploiting the culture, unfollows Migos on IG
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 49
Image(s) inside Wtf going on Keke Palmer ?
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 37
Video inside THE ROCK GOES on TWITTER RANT AFTER CRITICS GIVE BAYWATCH BAD REVIEWS :..
33 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 28
Video inside Footage From The 1996 Compton Raid, Suge Knight's House & Weapons Seize..
13 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Rating
5 Stars 14 66.67%
4 Stars 3 14.29%
3 Stars 1 4.76%
2 Stars 1 4.76%
1 Star 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
19557 pageviews
26 comments


SM 36742 heat pts36742
space
avatar space
space
$121,146 | Props total: 39680 39680
Act of Valor (2012)
 

 


[video - click to view]


Release Date: February 24, 2012
Studio: Relativity Media
Director: Mike "Mouse" McCoy, Scott Waugh
Screenwriter: Kurt Johnstad
Starring: Active Duty U.S. Navy SEALs, Roselyn Sanchez, Alex Veadov, Jason Cottle, Nestor Serrano
Genre: Action, Thriller
MPAA Rating: R (for strong violence including some torture, and for language)
Official Website: ActofValor.com
Review: 4/10 rating
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: View here
Production Stills: View here

Plot Summary: An unprecedented blend of real-life heroism and original filmmaking, "Act of Valor" stars a group of active-duty U.S. Navy SEALs in a film like no other in Hollywood's history. A fictionalized account of real life Navy SEAL operations, "Act of Valor" features a gripping story that takes audiences on an adrenaline-fueled, edge-of-their-seat journey.

When a mission to recover a kidnapped CIA operative unexpectedly results in the discovery of an imminent, terrifying global threat, an elite team of highly trained Navy SEALs must immediately embark on a heart-stopping secret operation, the outcome of which will determine the fate of us all.

"Act of Valor" combines stunning combat sequences, up-to-the-minute battlefield technology, and heart-pumping emotion for the ultimate action adventure film–showcasing the skills, training and tenacity of the greatest action heroes of them all: real Navy SEALs.

26 comments for "Act of Valor (2012)"

 5 years ago '04        #2
Mike T 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$11,110 | Props total: 10079 10079
HOOYAH, we stay having the best military movies. The last decent non- NAVY military movie was Hurt Locker.
 5 years ago '04        #3
GetOnMahLevel 
space
avatar space
space
$5,475 | Props total: 101 101
checkin this later on tonight..
 5 years ago '05        #4
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$10,287 | Props total: 804 804
Peepin this tonight
 5 years ago '07        #5
jack_napier 
space
avatar space
space
$3,561 | Props total: 35 35
peepin this either today or tomorrow
 5 years ago '07        #6
Deniro732 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,722 | Props total: 1475 1475
this movie looks so dope..i hope it delivers
 5 years ago '08        #7
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
avatar space
space
$18,836 | Props total: 3778 3778
Hella Dope!!!!


[spoiler - click to view]

 5 years ago '05        #8
DaOmega_1 264 heat pts264
space
avatar space
space
$13,080 | Props total: 1568 1568
Lame.

A review comes later.
 5 years ago '04        #9
GetOnMahLevel 
space
avatar space
space
$5,475 | Props total: 101 101
I thought it was dope.. But I may be a bit bias being that I'm in the armed forces and I love special forces movies/documentaries..

You have to realize that these were reals SEALs starring in movie roles.. If you went in expecting Oscar worthy performances then you were bound to think the movie sucked/or was lame..
 5 years ago '05        #10
DaOmega_1 264 heat pts264
space
avatar space
space
$13,080 | Props total: 1568 1568
 GetOnMahLevel said:
I thought it was dope.. But I may be a bit bias being that I'm in the armed forces and I love special forces movies/documentaries..

You have to realize that these were reals SEALs starring in movie roles.. If you went in expecting Oscar worthy performances then you were bound to think the movie sucked/or was lame..
I didn't necessarily go in expecting "good" acting.

I just expected a movie that was exciting, and entertaining. And for me, it was none of those things. It was just... Boring, to me. I couldn't care less, and the filmmakers failed at making me care about the situation, or the action, or these Navy SEALs who are, for all intents and purposes, badasses in real life, yet they have all the personality of the color grey.

It just sucked, to me. No disrespect to the soliders in the film, but even with my "i'm not expecting good acting" point of view going in, they still sucked a.ss, to me. The action, however, is admittedly dope, but you have to sit through scenes of exposition so badly written and so ham-fisted, it feels like cutscenes from a video game.

If anything, I felt a documentary like "Restrepo" captured military life better than most military-based action films.
 5 years ago '04        #11
Mike T 103 heat pts103
space
avatar space
space
$11,110 | Props total: 10079 10079
I keep telling people it wasnt made to be a Oscar winning movie based on the acting. It was shot with active duty SEALs. To let/make you feel the world of the teams; so of course these n*ggas were just talking normal like fu*k it. The SEALs I worked with on my last deployment were down to earth as fu*k.
 5 years ago '07        #12
rangers27 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$479 | Props total: 2 2
Saw it last night

[pic - click to view]

 02-25-2012, 03:30 AM         #13
Bsktballa20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
American men should be required to see this film
 5 years ago '05        #14
SicksCeven 
space
space
space
$507 | Props total: 0 0
 DaOmega_1 said:
I didn't necessarily go in expecting "good" acting.

I just expected a movie that was exciting, and entertaining. And for me, it was none of those things. It was just... Boring, to me. I couldn't care less, and the filmmakers failed at making me care about the situation, or the action, or these Navy SEALs who are, for all intents and purposes, badasses in real life, yet they have all the personality of the color grey.

It just sucked, to me. No disrespect to the soliders in the film, but even with my "i'm not expecting good acting" point of view going in, they still sucked a.ss, to me. The action, however, is admittedly dope, but you have to sit through scenes of exposition so badly written and so ham-fisted, it feels like cutscenes from a video game.

If anything, I felt a documentary like "Restrepo" captured military life better than most military-based action films.
I personally know some of the guys in the film. Trust me they do not have the personality of the color grey. The all rejected the roles in the film at first. What you are seeing is the awkwardness they felt in acting in a role that the teams don't like advertised. That was the issue. I wanted to laugh when they had their speaking roles because I can only imagine how out of place they felt.
 5 years ago '04        #15
GetOnMahLevel 
space
avatar space
space
$5,475 | Props total: 101 101
 SicksCeven said:
I personally know some of the guys in the film. Trust me they do not have the personality of the color grey. The all rejected the roles in the film at first. What you are seeing is the awkwardness they felt in acting in a role that the teams don't like advertised. That was the issue. I wanted to laugh when they had their speaking roles because I can only imagine how out of place they felt.
i have yet to see or hear of a special forces member having a bland personality.. i enjoyed their acting.. gave it a sense of reality.. i dont think i could do what these guys do.. but i'd want to try if i didnt have a family..
 5 years ago '06        #16
modalee 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$15,527 | Props total: 1510 1510
US military propaganda film.
 5 years ago '05        #17
SicksCeven 
space
space
space
$507 | Props total: 0 0
^ That was the intentions from the start.
 5 years ago '06        #18
PoetikTrev 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,685 | Props total: 64 64
Hell of a movie if you ask me.....
 5 years ago '04        #19
GetOnMahLevel 
space
avatar space
space
$5,475 | Props total: 101 101
The swcc scene was just raw... Although you see it in the previews it was still ill..
 5 years ago '06        #20
PoetikTrev 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,685 | Props total: 64 64
^^^ fu*k yeah....
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 22
OBLITERATE THE PUNANI!!! beating up & killing the pu$$y is old school "WE GOTT..
103 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Image(s) inside This pic... internet is brutal
178 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 12
Video inside Meek Mill May Have Officially Redeemed Himself From The Drake Beef w/Th..
137 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
audio inside Gucci Mane & Metro Boomin - Drop Top Wop (Official Anticipation/Discuss..
121 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 6
This guy kills it on friday the 13th
45 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 5
Article inside Exclusive The New Mutants details revealed: X-Men franchise goes hor..
28 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 5
Lil Yatchy's debut album, Teenage Emotions, trash or not?
86 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 5
Image(s) inside What Rihanna Been Eating??
185 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy