When ya upstairs neighbors more petty than you
44 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside University of Deleware
23 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Last Tango in Paris’ Rape Scene Was Not Consensual, Director Bernardo ..
91 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside 50 Cent & Jim Jones Show Love Last Night In Miami, Monsta In The Cut To..
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Rating
5 Stars 14 66.67%
4 Stars 3 14.29%
3 Stars 1 4.76%
2 Stars 1 4.76%
1 Star 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. Sorry, you cannot vote on this poll (Boxden members only)

[Click here to become a member]

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
19485 pageviews
26 comments

Steve 35688 heat pts35688
space
space
$116,294 | Props total: 22267 22267
Act of Valor (2012)

[video - click to view]

Release Date: February 24, 2012
Studio: Relativity Media
Director: Mike "Mouse" McCoy, Scott Waugh
Screenwriter: Kurt Johnstad
Starring: Active Duty U.S. Navy SEALs, Roselyn Sanchez, Alex Veadov, Jason Cottle, Nestor Serrano
Genre: Action, Thriller
MPAA Rating: R (for strong violence including some torture, and for language)
Official Website: ActofValor.com
Review: 4/10 rating
DVD Review: Not Available
DVD: Not Available
Movie Poster: View here
Production Stills: View here

Plot Summary: An unprecedented blend of real-life heroism and original filmmaking, "Act of Valor" stars a group of active-duty U.S. Navy SEALs in a film like no other in Hollywood's history. A fictionalized account of real life Navy SEAL operations, "Act of Valor" features a gripping story that takes audiences on an adrenaline-fueled, edge-of-their-seat journey.

When a mission to recover a kidnapped CIA operative unexpectedly results in the discovery of an imminent, terrifying global threat, an elite team of highly trained Navy SEALs must immediately embark on a heart-stopping secret operation, the outcome of which will determine the fate of us all.

"Act of Valor" combines stunning combat sequences, up-to-the-minute battlefield technology, and heart-pumping emotion for the ultimate action adventure film–showcasing the skills, training and tenacity of the greatest action heroes of them all: real Navy SEALs.

26 comments for "Act of Valor (2012)"

5 years ago '04        #2
Mike T 72 heat pts72
space
space
$9,678 | Props total: 3959 3959
HOOYAH, we stay having the best military movies. The last decent non- NAVY military movie was Hurt Locker.
 5 years ago '04        #3
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,456 | Props total: 84 84
checkin this later on tonight..
 5 years ago '05        #4
BurninLz 30 heat pts30
space
space
$10,110 | Props total: 468 468
Peepin this tonight
 5 years ago '07        #5
jack_napier 
space
space
$3,562 | Props total: 31 31
peepin this either today or tomorrow
 5 years ago '07        #6
Deniro732 6 heat pts
space
space
$12,349 | Props total: 1121 1121
this movie looks so dope..i hope it delivers
 5 years ago '08        #7
stlcardinals19 32 heat pts32
space
space
$18,252 | Props total: 1942 1942
Hella Dope!!!!

[spoiler - click to view]

5 years ago '05        #8
DaOmega_1 255 heat pts255
space
space
$12,701 | Props total: 262 262
Lame.

A review comes later.
 5 years ago '04        #9
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
I thought it was dope.. But I may be a bit bias being that I'm in the armed forces and I love special forces movies/documentaries..

You have to realize that these were reals SEALs starring in movie roles.. If you went in expecting Oscar worthy performances then you were bound to think the movie sucked/or was lame..
 5 years ago '05        #10
DaOmega_1 255 heat pts255
space
space
$12,701 | Props total: 262 262
 GetOnMahLevel said:
I thought it was dope.. But I may be a bit bias being that I'm in the armed forces and I love special forces movies/documentaries..

You have to realize that these were reals SEALs starring in movie roles.. If you went in expecting Oscar worthy performances then you were bound to think the movie sucked/or was lame..
I didn't necessarily go in expecting "good" acting.

I just expected a movie that was exciting, and entertaining. And for me, it was none of those things. It was just... Boring, to me. I couldn't care less, and the filmmakers failed at making me care about the situation, or the action, or these Navy SEALs who are, for all intents and purposes, badasses in real life, yet they have all the personality of the color grey.

It just sucked, to me. No disrespect to the soliders in the film, but even with my "i'm not expecting good acting" point of view going in, they still sucked a.ss, to me. The action, however, is admittedly dope, but you have to sit through scenes of exposition so badly written and so ham-fisted, it feels like cutscenes from a video game.

If anything, I felt a documentary like "Restrepo" captured military life better than most military-based action films.
 5 years ago '04        #11
Mike T 72 heat pts72
space
space
$9,678 | Props total: 3959 3959
I keep telling people it wasnt made to be a Oscar winning movie based on the acting. It was shot with active duty SEALs. To let/make you feel the world of the teams; so of course these n*ggas were just talking normal like fu*k it. The SEALs I worked with on my last deployment were down to earth as fu*k.
 5 years ago '07        #12
rangers27 1 heat pts
space
space
$478 | Props total: 1 1
Saw it last night

[pic - click to view]

02-25-2012, 04:30 AM         #13
Bsktballa20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
American men should be required to see this film
 5 years ago '05        #14
SicksCeven 
space
space
space
$507 | Props total: 0 0
 DaOmega_1 said:
I didn't necessarily go in expecting "good" acting.

I just expected a movie that was exciting, and entertaining. And for me, it was none of those things. It was just... Boring, to me. I couldn't care less, and the filmmakers failed at making me care about the situation, or the action, or these Navy SEALs who are, for all intents and purposes, badasses in real life, yet they have all the personality of the color grey.

It just sucked, to me. No disrespect to the soliders in the film, but even with my "i'm not expecting good acting" point of view going in, they still sucked a.ss, to me. The action, however, is admittedly dope, but you have to sit through scenes of exposition so badly written and so ham-fisted, it feels like cutscenes from a video game.

If anything, I felt a documentary like "Restrepo" captured military life better than most military-based action films.
I personally know some of the guys in the film. Trust me they do not have the personality of the color grey. The all rejected the roles in the film at first. What you are seeing is the awkwardness they felt in acting in a role that the teams don't like advertised. That was the issue. I wanted to laugh when they had their speaking roles because I can only imagine how out of place they felt.
 5 years ago '04        #15
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
 SicksCeven said:
I personally know some of the guys in the film. Trust me they do not have the personality of the color grey. The all rejected the roles in the film at first. What you are seeing is the awkwardness they felt in acting in a role that the teams don't like advertised. That was the issue. I wanted to laugh when they had their speaking roles because I can only imagine how out of place they felt.
i have yet to see or hear of a special forces member having a bland personality.. i enjoyed their acting.. gave it a sense of reality.. i dont think i could do what these guys do.. but i'd want to try if i didnt have a family..
 5 years ago '06        #16
modalee 5 heat pts
space
space
$15,385 | Props total: 1158 1158
US military propaganda film.
 5 years ago '05        #17
SicksCeven 
space
space
space
$507 | Props total: 0 0
^ That was the intentions from the start.
 5 years ago '06        #18
PoetikTrev 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,673 | Props total: 44 44
Hell of a movie if you ask me.....
 5 years ago '04        #19
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
The swcc scene was just raw... Although you see it in the previews it was still ill..
 5 years ago '06        #20
PoetikTrev 7 heat pts
space
space
$4,673 | Props total: 44 44
^^^ fu*k yeah....
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
145 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
60 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Amy Schumer Playing ‘Barbie’
68 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
BOX Bad Left Hook Gives A Detailed Analysis On Whether Conor McGregor Can B..
55 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
176 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite Gameplay
48 comments
18 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Homeless man builds pimped out setup under freeway equip with guest roo..
154 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy