Stephen A. Smith/Skip Bayless Talk About Racial Sensitivity With Jeremy Lin (video)

most viewed right now
 96
NBA KD just pulled Barkley's card
64 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 57
NBA Dude looking like he might take something smh
26 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 48
Image(s) inside Biggest fall off in music industry history :tylereww:
81 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 33
Image(s) inside asap rocky pass the milk
26 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '08        #41
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,984 | Props total: 799 799
"chink in the armor" is a common figure of speech in america. the term was used in the proper context (referring to the only hole in lins game, his TO's) and with no pun intended. an irrational person would take that out of context and run but a rational person would see the entire scenario and recognize it for what it really is. the problem is in america is that many of us are irrational and attempt to kick up dust for nothing other than the sake of doing so. im sure the writer can understand where the hoopla is coming from and would have accept responsibility (as im sure he did). but corporate america (his employer) did not want to deal with the backlash they would have received for keeping him on payroll. so they took care of the situation quickly and unjustly. SA spoke the truth.
 6 years ago '04        #42
UF4Soldier 132 heat pts132
space
avatar space
space
$20,127 | Props total: 9040 9040
 Bullseye said:
So is he saying Don Imus should have been forgiven?
imus was just being and old white drunk man

truth is we both know some hoes are nappy headed so is he wrong kus he white or kus he offended women !
 6 years ago '04        #43
UF4Soldier 132 heat pts132
space
avatar space
space
$20,127 | Props total: 9040 9040
 arthurmack27 said:
"chink in the armor" is a common figure of speech in america. the term was used in the proper context (referring to the only hole in lins game, his TO's) and with no pun intended. an irrational person would take that out of context and run but a rational person would see the entire scenario and recognize it for what it really is. the problem is in america is that many of us are irrational and attempt to kick up dust for nothing other than the sake of doing so. im sure the writer can understand where the hoopla is coming from and would have accept responsibility (as im sure he did). but corporate america (his employer) did not want to deal with the backlash they would have received for keeping him on payroll. so they took care of the situation quickly and unjustly. SA spoke the truth.
so is it pronounced ch-ink or ki-nk i always thought it was like a k sound
 6 years ago '04        #44
fat_boyy21 329 heat pts329
space
avatar space
space
$9,814 | Props total: 3505 3505
 Bullseye said:
So is he saying Don Imus should have been forgiven?
he's saying that if people cross the line it shouldn't mean the end of a 30 year career without being afforded a second chance. according to smith, imus made a joke (a bad one), and people screamed for his head. smith is saying he deserved to be punishmed but also a second chance.
 6 years ago '10        #45
WalmartRollback 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,991 | Props total: 141 141
 masterpiece17 said:
Well if you saw how the media was handling the performance of Lin in his first real starts, "chink in the armor" was pretty foreseeable. All I heard during the first few surprising performances of his winning streak were math and physics jokes. It's like commenting on a black player being really good at stealing and running and that sh*t ON THE AIR. Drawing on a stereotype to perpetuate it.

As for CHINK in the armor.. it's kinda like saying a N***** in a watermelon patch. It is a racial slur.
Thank you for having a brain along with a few select others.

For those not finding any type of offense in the saying clearly aren't cultured enough to understand it.

 bigscore said:
If your a writer/reporter there are a ton of ways to headline a story without using the term "chink" when your writing about an asian player....he was trying to be "cute" and he got burned for it


Last edited by WalmartRollback; 02-23-2012 at 01:36 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #46
Bullseye 60 heat pts60
space
avatar space
space
$9,097 | Props total: 2107 2107
 fat_boyy21 said:
he's saying that if people cross the line it shouldn't mean the end of a 30 year career without being afforded a second chance. according to smith, imus made a joke (a bad one), and people screamed for his head. smith is saying he deserved to be punishmed but also a second chance.
In other words, yes.

Not saying he's right or wrong, just wanna know if yall agree that's what he's saying.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 42
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
114 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 29
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside May 18 - Trump orders Postmaster General to DOUBLE Amazon's shipping r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 11
Colin Farrell destroying bullys dad
52 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside May 19 - Countries Are Starting To Dump The US Dollar... EU Consider D..
39 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 8
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
94 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
 6
NBA Breaking: Kansas City a lock for an NBA expansion team.
149 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 6
Call Of Duty Black Ops IIII Gameplay
86 comments
1 day ago
@games
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy