Stephen A. Smith/Skip Bayless Talk About Racial Sensitivity With Jeremy Lin (video)

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
182 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
64 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #1
5747 pageviews
54 comments

Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
Stephen A. Smith/Skip Bayless Talk About Racial Sensitivity With Jeremy Lin (video)

[video - click to view]

smith kicking knowledge..........but im confused were the reporters that were fired black???

Last edited by Jacc Blacc; 02-22-2012 at 11:19 AM..

54 comments for "Stephen A. Smith/Skip Bayless Talk About Racial Sensitivity With Jeremy Lin (video)"

6 years ago '07        #2
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,642 | Props total: 437 437
Smith was speaking knowledge
 6 years ago '10        #3
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
stephen a smith had some valid points but he was also tap dancing

those journalists should be professional no matter what and they shouldn't get a pass for saying racist sh*t

people have an idea of whats offensive but they like to stir the pot and say it anyway

smith is acting like these people are completely oblivious to what they are saying
 02-22-2012, 01:26 PM         #4
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #5
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
$9,205 | Props total: 11038 11038
i just didnt get how this became about black people? white people call a asian a chink and its all a derivitive of black peoples sensitivity? FOH
 6 years ago '10        #6
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 quan3106 said:
i just didnt get how this became about black people? white people call a asian a chink and its all a derivitive of black peoples sensitivity? FOH
thats why I say he was tap dancing

he wanted to impress skip bayless and the other guy so he reached and made it about black people
 6 years ago '07        #7
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,038 | Props total: 30331 30331
 ondatpurple said:

those journalists should be professional no matter what and they shouldn't get a pass for saying racist sh*t

people have an idea of whats offensive but they like to stir the pot and say it anyway

smith is acting like these people are completely oblivious to what they are saying
Smith was not defending those 2 guys. He was defending, in general, a person's right to learn, grown, and change.
 02-22-2012, 01:54 PM         #8
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That was impressive, Mr. Smith.
 6 years ago '05        #9
chrismb 580 heat pts580
space
space
$19,269 | Props total: 33484 33484
the people that said "why he turned it into a black issue" clearly didnt understand the focal message that he was trying to establish
 6 years ago '10        #10
quan3106 88 heat pts88
space
space
$9,205 | Props total: 11038 11038
 chrismb said:
the people that said "why he turned it into a black issue" clearly didnt understand the focal message that he was trying to establish
I understood what he meant but they didnt address the issue at hand...they avoided culpability since it was ESPN and redirected the conversation...Bullsh*t...
 6 years ago '09        #11
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
$25,301 | Props total: 7949 7949
 quan3106 said:
the way stephen answered it it made it seem like it was black reporters that called Lin a chink or used the word Chink but i know the reporters last names dont seem "black" i think one of the reporters last names was Fredrico or some sh*t

but i agree....if they fukked up and were just trying to be funny, suspend them, reprimand them but they didnt need to be fired......people are to OVER THE TOP sensitive when it comes to race in america imo...i understand being sensitive but alot of people go out their way to make something out of nothing

i thought "chink in the armor" was witty lol, then again i find alot of racial jokes funny

Last edited by Jacc Blacc; 02-22-2012 at 02:51 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #12
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,383 | Props total: 69918 69918
Espn is a corporate god. No second chances really. U fu*k up, u outta here
 6 years ago '04        #13
fat_boyy21 323 heat pts323
space
space
$9,568 | Props total: 2714 2714
a lot of you guys are speaking like children in this thread. smith was perfectly on. in life sometimes people say things that they dont know will be interpreted as racist. those people should be given second chances to make amends. IF they then screw up again, they should be fired.

and he brings up black racism because he and also everyone else can better relate to it as a reference than asian racism.
 6 years ago '04        #14
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,382 | Props total: 6410 6410
 chrismb said:
this

fat_boyy21 said:
a lot of you guys are speaking like children in this thread. smith was perfectly on. in life sometimes people say things that they dont know will be interpreted as racist. those people should be given second chances to make amends. IF they then screw up again, they should be fired.

and he brings up black racism because he and also everyone else can better relate to it as a reference than asian racism.

and that

there were people in the initial thread that didn't even know asians had slurred terms
 6 years ago '04        #15
T-Styles 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,182 | Props total: 0 0
No, he sat there and all but said the only term that we should be sensitive to in our culture is the N word. Like there aren't similarly derogative and downgrading terms for other races and groups of people in the world.

*edit*
and you can honestly pretend like peopled don't KNOW derogatory terms for african americans, hispanics and asians? The same people must not know any curse words either, right?
 6 years ago '04        #16
Zakhara 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,131 | Props total: 391 391
Props to Skip for referencing the SNL skit, which pretty much summed up their entire conversation in a more hilarious fashion.
 02-22-2012, 04:51 PM         #17
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ondatpurple said:

i dont think everyone who says chinc in the armor is trying to be disrespectful to jeremy lin. I damn sure didn't think anything was wrong with it. i've never even heard asians called chink or whatever it is, what does it even mean?

the only racial term i acknowledge as bad is a white person called a black person a ******. anything else, i rather just call someone a bi*ch.
 02-22-2012, 05:07 PM         #18
mayday20 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
He's just saying people need to quit being overly sensitive and unforgiving...No one man knows every single thing in life, and if they don't have the opportunity to LEARN from their mistakes and better themselves, then what's the point of even trying. It's one thing to know what's offensive, ignore it and continue being offensive...like he said, all bets are off then. Otherwise, wisdom is earned with experience. If you've never experienced something or made a mistake, then how are you supposed to know better?

About 8-9 years ago, I was hanging out some guys I played football with (some were black) and I called one of them an Uncle Tom. I had absolutely no idea what that even meant, much less that it was offensive. They didn't get up in arms and try to f!ght- We were all boys and they told me what it meant and why it's not cool to say it. Given the chance to learn from my mistake, I did so and am a wiser/better person because of it.

Last edited by mayday20; 02-22-2012 at 05:12 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #19
mrfreak76 700 heat pts700
space
space
$7,144 | Props total: 1362 1362
Just for the record, that saying is commonly used all the time in sports and it only became an issue because of Lin's Chinese background. So it's really hard to say whether the reporters were using it as a racist remark or not.
 6 years ago '04        #20
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,165 | Props total: 874 874
 quan3106 said:
 ondatpurple said:
thats why I say he was tap dancing

he wanted to impress skip bayless and the other guy so he reached and made it about black people
He was saying that the sensitivity that has developed over sayings had developed over the white/black issues...that is the foundation of all peoples movements throughout the world since like the 50's...the womens rights movement, the gay movement and any other movement that happened in this country. When dealing with race, its a sensitive issue (just like the native americans in college sports) is because of the progress that was made in the civil rights movement. That kinda opened the door.

Going back to the issue, yes I think it was a white dude who wrote the article, the issue was race, not white on black but white on asian, if it was the 50's nobody woulda said sh*t but that was before the movement, since then, the things people say are checked...simple

mrfreak76 said:
Just for the record, that saying is commonly used all the time in sports and it only became an issue because of Lin's Chinese background. So it's really hard to say whether the reporters were using it as a racist remark or not.
who in sports uses that word regularly?

and most people who have had the chance to go to different parts of this country know most of the offensive words...plain and simple
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
40 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
215 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
144 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
85 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
54 comments
20 hours ago