Charles Oakley calls Barkley a 'coward' and a 'fraud,' and KG ain't tough

most viewed right now
 138
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
201 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 78
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 77
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
85 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 71
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #41
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,405 | Props total: 12339 12339
 Chest Rockwell said:
word and let me guess oakley, you called up barkley and kg before going on the show didnt u?
old dude aint wrong but he needs to mind his business. if hes got any
I bet he has already let it be known. He did play with both guys and he sees Chuck all the time since they both are cool with MJ. This Oakley we talking about here man. Dude has stories on top of stories about his days playing in the league where he had to go upside n*ggas head for disrespecting him.

One in particular was when he had heard Jeff Macinnis was talking sh*t about him from afar. So when Macinnis' team came to town Oak went to their pregame shootaround to see if he would say the sh*t to his face and slapped the sh*t out of the dude treating him like a little bi*ch in front of his team. Here's the question I have, why didn't anybody stop Oakley and why didnt Jeff's teammates just whup his a.ss since he was outnumbered?


I have never seen this dude back down from sh*t or bite his tongue if anybody had issue with what he said. Well, there was this one time when he got jumped in a casino but that's not what we're talking about here
 6 years ago '07        #42
timdog 919 heat pts919
space
avatar space
space
$30,448 | Props total: 14857 14857
 KSoraci7 said:
Being 6'4 and going 22/12 for your career is cowardly?

Leaving Sota and changing a teams culture while winning a chip and DPOY makes you soft?


Oakley still talking like a 19y/o old goon at his age now
oakley always says barkley was a great player but a coward like if you watched barkley career he would come in to camp outta shape and do whatever he felt and it was ok he never had the work ethic that he sits around and talks about when he sh*ts on players when about 15-20 years ago barkley was that was him

and about kg he say he a fake tough that wont do sh*t but what ge does is get in your head
thats why duncan used to body body kg


oakley>>>>>>
 6 years ago '11        #43
does any 1 care 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$5,649 | Props total: 412 412
 timdog said:
oakley always says barkley was a great player but a coward like if you watched barkley career he would come in to camp outta shape and do whatever he felt and it was ok he never had the work ethic that he sits around and talks about when he sh*ts on players when about 15-20 years ago barkley was that was him

and about kg he say he a fake tough that wont do sh*t but what ge does is get in your head
thats why duncan used to body body kg


oakley>>>>>>
 6 years ago '05        #44
Rubix 
space
avatar space
space
$8,493 | Props total: 825 825
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I bet he has already let it be known. He did play with both guys and he sees Chuck all the time since they both are cool with MJ. This Oakley we talking about here man. Dude has stories on top of stories about his days playing in the league where he had to go upside n*ggas head for disrespecting him.

One in particular was when he had heard Jeff Macinnis was talking sh*t about him from afar. So when Macinnis' team came to town Oak went to their pregame shootaround to see if he would say the sh*t to his face and slapped the sh*t out of the dude treating him like a little bi*ch in front of his team. Here's the question I have, why didn't anybody stop Oakley and why didnt Jeff's teammates just whup his a.ss since he was outnumbered?


I have never seen this dude back down from sh*t or bite his tongue if anybody had issue with what he said. Well, there was this one time when he got jumped in a casino but that's not what we're talking about here
or the time oak slapped the sh*t out of tyronne hill during shoot around because hill owed him money.
 6 years ago '09        #45
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$66,405 | Props total: 12339 12339
 Rubix said:
or the time oak slapped the sh*t out of tyronne hill during shoot around because hill owed him money.
Hell yeah, I remember that too. He has had many instances of getting his Debo on with n*ggas.
 6 years ago '05        #46
bi0 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,585 | Props total: 1142 1142
Oakley like the league getting soft
 02-22-2012, 04:39 PM         #47
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Barkley a coward? O.o

And umm... isn't Oakley gay? Oh!!!! n*ggas forgot about that sh*t huh? This n*gga & his bi-s3xual carwash in BK. I used to fuhk with a b*tch in Ft.Lee that know for a fact son sweet.
Stop trolling Oak. Fa99ot a.ss
 6 years ago '06        #48
Loco Poe 
space
avatar space
space
$2,542 | Props total: 729 729
 TriniSoldier said:
Oakley clown a.ss is a poor mans milsap.
you must be 12...
 6 years ago '08        #49
MAKAVELI2199 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$5,384 | Props total: 181 181
Oakley sounds salty

Barkley was better than him, and is still getting shine on TNT
 6 years ago '04        #50
illmatic45ACP 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$828 | Props total: 35 35
I agree with everything he said about KG. KG is selling WOLF TICKETS! He ain't kicking nobody a.ss. He was a good player in his day, but he is not tough.

Somebody post the KG, Antonio Mcdyees altercation. When KG threw the ball at Mcdyees, then ran like a bi*ch!
 02-22-2012, 05:15 PM         #51
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
can i just get the video. really didnt care for the author's silly "insight" during the quotes....
 6 years ago '04        #52
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$11,716 | Props total: 2015 2015
I agree w/ the Garnett comment.. not so much though about Barkley.
 6 years ago '05        #53
ROC585 306 heat pts306
space
space
space
$2,290 | Props total: 3445 3445
Rome is that dude. If you can follow his show and understand certain things, its epic.
 6 years ago '04        #54
Javon23 265 heat pts265
space
avatar space
space
$46,341 | Props total: 8417 8417

[pic - click to view]

 6 years ago '04        #55
octane 
space
avatar space
space
$3,843 | Props total: 649 649
Did oakely even play in the nba finals? Did he win any significant awards? n*gga, this is basketball not boxing. You get nothing but fines and suspension for being able to kick someone's a.ss. Thats why lame a.ss Bill Cartwright has the rings you shouldve had. Its Karma. Have fun being retired and irrelevant. Hope you don't die without anybody noticing.
 6 years ago '09        #56
ken313 
space
space
space
$334 | Props total: 72 72
 Lucky Lefty14 said:

[pic - click to view]



Charles Oakley has opinions. And he will tell you them. And you will listen. Or he will destroy you. And now the former Knick has turned his attention to two outspoken NBA personalities in Kevin Garnett and the Chuckster, Charles Barkley.

Oakley appeared on "The Jim Rome Show"with Jim Rome Tuesday and spoke about the two. He did not hold back. You are not surprised. To the quotes! From Sports Talk Network:

"Garnett left Minnesota and hollered and screamed and all that but he's not a tough guy. He’s one of the weakest guys to ever play the game. He’s a complimentary player and went to Paul Pierce’s team and won a championship. I wouldn’t consider him a top 10 tough guy."
via Charles Oakley rips KG, Barkley.
Oakley's claims are harsh, no shock there, but they are reflective of the other side of KG. Garnett comes off as so intense because of the screaming and pounding his head against the stanchion and whatnot. And he has been known to get into some physical altercations... usually with diminutive point guards. His M.O is usually to reach out and slap or shove someone, then to back off while being "restrained" by his teammates.

Thing is, that's a good thing.

Garnett shows restraint, which helps his team win ball games. He protects his reputation, gets in the head of his opponents, and doesn't get ejected. It's the best of all worlds. And while Garnett is certainly not as tough as the character he portrays when the arena lights come on, to say he's one of the weakest to ever play is absurd. You can't be as great a defender as he is without being at least slightly-above-average tough.

But I'll let you tell Oakley that. Because he terrifies me.

Oaklay also weighed in on legend Charles Barkley, a friend of Michael Jordan who Oakley is also notoriously close with. He was not much nicer to the Round Mound Who Isn't So Round Anymore:

Barkley for his size was a good player but he’s a coward though. He was a good player for his size but, he wasn’t a leader and wasn’t a role model. Now he talks so bad about younger guys, I don’t respect that from him…He’s a fraud, he can criticize all the younger kids and if he got something to say, call them and talk to them before you just blast them. He’s wants to be funny, that whole TNT thing and all that, they’re like some clowns on that show.

via Charles Oakley rips KG, Barkley.

As Jim Rome would say, "strong."

Jeez, Oak, don't hold back. Tell us how you feel.

Source:
this is the same Barkley that had jordan on the ropes in the phx versus chi, finals,jordan start takin him out to dinner between games, and ultimately sir charles and his merry men choked.
 6 years ago '10        #57
ARosary 47 heat pts47
space
avatar space
space
$9,765 | Props total: 2857 2857
Maybe its some bias since Ive been a Knicks fan since the 90s..but you cant deny Oakley stating facts. n*ggas was shook of Oakley, do ya research...thats when tough guys was tough guys. He's right its a lot of diva a.ss wanna be let-me-at-him tough guy n*ggas that turned the league into almost a fakeality tv show.
 6 years ago '07        #58
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
Oak >>>>
 6 years ago '08        #59
MADIA 
space
avatar space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 33 33
@ ppl who werent even alive when oakley played saying he sucked
 6 years ago '08        #60
MADIA 
space
avatar space
space
$1,319 | Props total: 33 33
 octane said:
Did oakely even play in the nba finals? Did he win any significant awards? n*gga, this is basketball not boxing. You get nothing but fines and suspension for being able to kick someone's a.ss. Thats why lame a.ss Bill Cartwright has the rings you shouldve had. Its Karma. Have fun being retired and irrelevant. Hope you don't die without anybody noticing.
94 finals, cmon son.
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 71
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
81 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 52
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
43 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 48
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
289 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 14
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 14
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 12
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
40 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy