NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
154 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
10268 pageviews
102 comments

Lucky Lefty14 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,217 | Props total: 65 65
Charles Oakley calls Barkley a 'coward' and a 'fraud,' and KG ain't tough

[pic - click to view]

Charles Oakley has opinions. And he will tell you them. And you will listen. Or he will destroy you. And now the former Knick has turned his attention to two outspoken NBA personalities in Kevin Garnett and the Chuckster, Charles Barkley.

Oakley appeared on "The Jim Rome Show"with Jim Rome Tuesday and spoke about the two. He did not hold back. You are not surprised. To the quotes! From Sports Talk Network:

"Garnett left Minnesota and hollered and screamed and all that but he's not a tough guy. He’s one of the weakest guys to ever play the game. He’s a complimentary player and went to Paul Pierce’s team and won a championship. I wouldn’t consider him a top 10 tough guy."
via Charles Oakley rips KG, Barkley.

Oakley's claims are harsh, no shock there, but they are reflective of the other side of KG. Garnett comes off as so intense because of the screaming and pounding his head against the stanchion and whatnot. And he has been known to get into some physical altercations... usually with diminutive point guards. His M.O is usually to reach out and slap or shove someone, then to back off while being "restrained" by his teammates.

Thing is, that's a good thing.

Garnett shows restraint, which helps his team win ball games. He protects his reputation, gets in the head of his opponents, and doesn't get ejected. It's the best of all worlds. And while Garnett is certainly not as tough as the character he portrays when the arena lights come on, to say he's one of the weakest to ever play is absurd. You can't be as great a defender as he is without being at least slightly-above-average tough.

But I'll let you tell Oakley that. Because he terrifies me.

Oaklay also weighed in on legend Charles Barkley, a friend of Michael Jordan who Oakley is also notoriously close with. He was not much nicer to the Round Mound Who Isn't So Round Anymore:

Barkley for his size was a good player but he’s a coward though. He was a good player for his size but, he wasn’t a leader and wasn’t a role model. Now he talks so bad about younger guys, I don’t respect that from him…He’s a fraud, he can criticize all the younger kids and if he got something to say, call them and talk to them before you just blast them. He’s wants to be funny, that whole TNT thing and all that, they’re like some clowns on that show.

via Charles Oakley rips KG, Barkley.

As Jim Rome would say, "strong."

Jeez, Oak, don't hold back. Tell us how you feel.

Source:
[pic - click to view]

Charles Oakley calls out Garnett, Barkley - CBSSports.com

102 comments for "Charles Oakley calls Barkley a 'coward' and a 'fraud,' and KG ain't tough"

02-22-2012, 11:01 AM         #2
Nate187um 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
this the same charles oakley that put up better numbers as the bulls 2nd go to player than when lamar was the 2nd go to guy for LA?????
 6 years ago '06        #3
youngral 
space
space
$6,651 | Props total: 633 633
I disagree with Oak on Barkley being a coward. You cant call him a coward while he was a player cause for his size putting up the numbers he did against the size and competition is crazy. On him commenting on the young players in the league......that is his job. He supposed to have an opinion and most the time he is actually right.

Oakley is allowed his opinion I just disagree
 02-22-2012, 11:08 AM         #4
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

chuck is a dumbfu*k though
 6 years ago '10        #5
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,618 | Props total: 30599 30599
Oak God >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Where is that video of the OG shaking up pippen bi*ch a.ss when he was a rookie ?

Edit: nevermind

[video - click to view]

Last edited by SmoothTay; 02-22-2012 at 11:20 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #6
Jay Lee 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,642 | Props total: 1376 1376
 02-22-2012, 11:27 AM         #7
youknowmystelo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SmoothTay said:

Where is that video of the OG shaking up pippen bi*ch a.ss when he was a rookie ?

that's how you treat a rookie
 6 years ago '11        #8
DRAGONFLY JONES 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,051 | Props total: 3204 3204
Oak still that dude I see.. Truth tho about both kg wasn't like that in minny..and Barkley was an as*hole when he was a player..and was all about him..and do be trying to grill n*ggas on that show.. with that said..hated him as a player..but fu*ks with him now since he's been on TV.
 6 years ago '09        #9
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,168 | Props total: 22626 22626
Oakley clown a.ss is a poor mans milsap.
 6 years ago '10        #10
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,783 | Props total: 982 982
Oakley is a f*ggot.
 6 years ago '11        #11
DRAGONFLY JONES 131 heat pts131
space
space
$9,051 | Props total: 3204 3204
Just heard on tv he went in on Kendrick Perkins to..damn
 6 years ago '08        #12
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,881 | Props total: 12579 12579
 Nate187um said:
this the same charles oakley that put up better numbers as the bulls 2nd go to player than when lamar was the 2nd go to guy for LA?????

an obvious kobe stan is an obvious kobe stan
 6 years ago '05        #13
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,788 | Props total: 4903 4903
Heard the interview live. He also claimed Perkins doesn't bring anything to do table basketball wise. Says he needs to grab some rebounds and blocks some shots and that he is fake tough guy just like KG and that's why they played together. Said if he brings something positive to the Thunder they'd win the next 3 Championships. Said he needs to stop crying about getting dunked on and never let it happen in the first place. It was some good stuff from Oak yesterday.
 02-22-2012, 12:08 PM         #14
drumgangP 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Funny everyone was agreeing with Gilbert Arenas when he did that extensive "Explosive" interview....and now that Oakley is pretty much pointing people outta the crowd, hes getting dissed....Hes pretty much cosigning wat Arenas said lol
 6 years ago '04        #15
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,054 | Props total: 11861 11861
 MPLSallstar said:
Charles Oakley would body the sh*t outta n*ggaz in this league

I was happy as fu*k when that n*gga finally retired
thissssssssssssssss dude wsa a fu*king goon
 6 years ago '08        #16
bkid 126 heat pts126
space
space
$9,245 | Props total: 4544 4544
oakley always been a hater
 6 years ago '07        #17
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
 youngral said:
I disagree with Oak on Barkley being a coward. You cant call him a coward while he was a player cause for his size putting up the numbers he did against the size and competition is crazy. On him commenting on the young players in the league......that is his job. He supposed to have an opinion and most the time he is actually right.

Oakley is allowed his opinion I just disagree
Oakley smacked chuck in the face, if he feels like he is a chump he can say he is a chump
 6 years ago '11        #18
Killa KMS 18 heat pts18
space
space
$6,028 | Props total: 932 932
 SmoothTay said:

sh*t always k!lls me b
 6 years ago '04        #19
gimmethat 1 heat pts
space
space
$11,496 | Props total: 2731 2731
this is sport ...i respect a player who can get in the head of someone and destroy his game
make the opponent take bad shot or think twice ...
All the other sh*t that happens after a foul is called has nothing to do with talent,sport

Mutombo telling players "not in my house
Alonzo daring to come dunk on him
Garnett yelling and clapping before taking on a point guard during a mismatch or when he plays against dwight howard
Barkley staring down the defender before going one on one

^^thats my nba
 6 years ago '04        #20
Kziatic 12 heat pts12
space
space
$1,794 | Props total: 443 443
Just ask Tyrone hill about oak
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
97 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
84 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy