most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
118 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
50 comments
@movies

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #1
9549 pageviews
77 comments

Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
Def Jam Will Not Support Rihanna & Chris Brown's ‘Birthday Cake Remix

[pic - click to view]

Much to the horror of Chris Brown nay sayers, the reports of a duet between he and ex girlfriend Rihanna were confirmed last night, with the release of two numbers featuring the pair.

Lending their talents to the other’s respective ‘Turn The Music Up‘ and ‘Birthday Cake’, the stars have come under fire from those against their reunion, following their explosive split back in 2009.

Now, before the negative press they are set to receive, Rihanna’s label Def Jam have reportedly taken a stand against the star.

By refusing to put ‘Cake’ on Itunes.

According to HM, Fenty released ‘Cake’ against her label’s wishes to, as the source claims, ‘prove a point’.

This, thwarting her chances of going to #1 with the controversial release and an indicator of the damage control the company may have to enforce if her latest LP, ‘Talk That Talk’ suffers as a result of her decision.

Fact of the matter is, this isn’t a good look.

Because, while her fans may try to deny it, her actions wreak of desperation.So blinded by her ‘I don’t give a f*ck’ attitude, she can’t see that she has everything to lose by going ahead with Brown’s feature.

For, while Brown’s label will revel in the attention this is raking in, Rihanna cannot afford to bite the hand that funds her.

Either way, we’d hate to be there when she’s forced to explain her actions to her superiors, and learn what the repercussions might be.

[pic - click to view]

Report : Def Jam Refuse To Support Rihanna's 'Birthday Cake' | ..::That Grape Juice // ThatGrapeJuice.net::.. || Thirsty?

77 comments for "Def Jam Will Not Support Rihanna & Chris Brown's ‘Birthday Cake Remix"

6 years ago '06        #2
DonYBE 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,986 | Props total: 1952 1952
Jay-Z lost
 6 years ago '05        #3
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,440 | Props total: 25101 25101
....GrapeJuice? These Mini Mediatakeout Muthafu*kas.

It Is What It Is....Chris & His Label Going Cash In On This Buzz With The Quickness. Cant Knock The Hustle...Well The Pimpin.
 6 years ago '10        #4
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21104 21104
I'm kinda speechless about this & the remix she did to Turn Up The Music, but it is what it is. Plus they're their own people, they have their own lives, they make their own decisions.
 6 years ago '06        #5
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,678 | Props total: 8629 8629
no sh*t why you think they just released it on their own.
 6 years ago '12        #6
TRILL SH1T 95 heat pts95
space
space
$5,853 | Props total: 3485 3485
Def Jam probably more mad at the fact that they released it on their own for free instead of through them so they could make money off it... Don't get it twisted these record execs don't care much for anything but money and that song would of definitely did numbers
 6 years ago '05        #7
highcalibermusi 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,737 | Props total: 1595 1595
 TRILL sh*t said:
Def Jam probably more mad at the fact that they released it on their own for free instead of through them so they could make money off it... Don't get it twisted these record execs don't care much for anything but money and that song would of definitely did numbers
:agreement6:
 02-21-2012, 10:32 PM         #8
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

2:39

6 years ago '05        #9
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
Lmfao @ having to explain creative freedom..... What a bunch of as*holes and whoopty doo about Def Jam repercussions as if she isn't a big enough to star to do big numbers anywhere else... GTFOH with this corporate BS....
 6 years ago '08        #10
evo_08 2 heat pts
space
space
$85 | Props total: 0 0
 TRILL sh*t said:

6 years ago '11        #11
Mr X 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,265 | Props total: 241 241
dej jam are bi*ches
 6 years ago '05        #12
space
space
 Mr X said:
dej jam are bi*ches
n*gga Def Jam been bi*ches...... DMX single handedly brought that label back to life in 98 with "It's Dark and Hell is Hot" They used that n*gga and then turned it into the POP label it is today... Them old white corporate Jews don't know sh*t about music.... and FacePalm at these n*ggas trying to throw a wedge between 2 artists that willingly decided to work together as if it was a cardinal sin............. I don't care much for Chris or RiRi but in the name of creative freedom DEF JAM needs to sit their Commercial conglomerate a.sses the fu*k down and STFU.......
 6 years ago '04        #13
bnw99 16 heat pts16
space
space
$6,600 | Props total: 4172 4172
YMCMB will buy this bi*ches contract if need be and she will be good, hell any label will..the bi*ch sells records no doubt...and thats what any record label is thirsting for.. she can do what the fu*k she wants b..
 6 years ago '11        #14
elvisfreshly 106 heat pts106
space
space
$23,072 | Props total: 313 313
Why cant everyone get over it like they did? Like rihanna is their daughter/sister/mother/anything to them besides just an entertainer
 6 years ago '05        #15
g0tt1 211 heat pts211
space
space
$8,986 | Props total: 1260 1260
What amazes me to this day is how Chris Brown can give a chick a blue eye and bruises and still be relevant and respected... And women still want him and he still sells albums... Its sad... Hopefully Chris and Rihanna get a daughter and she gets beat on by her singer bf.
 02-22-2012, 12:23 AM         #16
yeugkk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 g0tt1 said:
What amazes me to this day is how Chris Brown can give a chick a blue eye and bruises and still be relevant and respected... And women still want him and he still sells albums... Its sad... Hopefully Chris and Rihanna get a daughter and she gets beat on by her singer bf.

n*ggas crazy

jay prolly beat up rihanna and paid chris brown to take the fall
 6 years ago '05        #17
space
space
 g0tt1 said:
Who gives a fu*k.... The n*gga fu*ked up, we all do in one form or another... we're still human and he's still talented..... it is what it is.... What about all the women who take advantage of the law and entice men to blow the fu*k up like chris do? Women can pretty much do as they please in the laws eyes.... One beat up woman in exchange for decades of women who got away with murder really isn't all that bad....
 6 years ago '05        #18
g0tt1 211 heat pts211
space
space
$8,986 | Props total: 1260 1260
 Universal~Mind said:
Who gives a fu*k.... The n*gga fu*ked up, we all do in one form or another... we're still human and he's still talented..... it is what it is.... What about all the women who take advantage of the law and entice men to blow the fu*k up like chris do? Women can pretty much do as they please in the laws eyes.... One beat up woman in exchange for decades of women who got away with murder really isn't all that bad....
hahah dont twist sh*t around bruh... You sound like a women beater yourself just the way you're talking about 'shady' women lol... Chris is a women beater and he will go on to be till hes an old sack. Amazing how he still gets sponsors and all these dumbs.luts still buy his album. It is what it is a man that cant control his anger. Wait till he gets a daughter and some dude starts putting his hands on her then hes gonna taste his own medecine. Karma is a bi*ch. And so you are you my friend.
 6 years ago '04        #19
youngsiz 5 heat pts
space
space
$8,634 | Props total: 3163 3163
all of you are dumb def jam is not going to support it because the last thing they need with artist not selling is picket lines outside there offices in case you forgot when brown tried to put out his "comback" album after beating rihannna his cd got blackballed in stores he was crying on the radio all the time i like money just as much as the next but i don't need a bunch of angry battered women screaming at me at 8 o' clock in the morning while i'm on the way to the office because i'm pretty sure there some activist group waiting to ponce on def jam to get a large donation the min they back the song
 6 years ago '04        #20
Big War|M 
space
space
$14,181 | Props total: 1068 1068
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
I'm kinda speechless about this & the remix she did to Turn Up The Music, but it is what it is. Plus they're their own people, they have their own lives, they make their own decisions.
no they don't, their labels do... this will be a prime example of what happens when they try to "make their own decisions"

we'll see what happens, b/c Def Jam sure ain't tryna lose no money over this movement...

Last edited by Big War; 02-22-2012 at 01:42 AM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
20 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
201 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
75 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
86 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
46 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
23 hours ago