Kreayshawn: "If The Album Doesn't Have A Hit, I Don't Care. I'm Mobbin'. I'm Mobbin' Real Hard"

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '08        #1
9380 pageviews
93 comments

flix02 2055 heat pts2055
space
space
$10,632 | Props total: 3749 3749
Kreayshawn: "If The Album Doesn't Have A Hit, I Don't Care. I'm Mobbin'. I'm Mobbin' Real Hard"

West Coast rapper Kreayshawn appears to be the least concerned over whether or not her long-awaited debut album will be packed with hits, admitting she has backup plans if things do not pan out.

While a bit sarcastic with her stance, Kreay said she will take matters to the streets if her debut does not garner enough mainstream appeal.

The album is almost finished, she says, and features a number of styles of music -- from Baltimore club music to New Orleans juke. "I don't really like ever doing the same thing twice," Kreayshawn says. "Unless it was really good. Like if you eat somewhere really good, maybe you'll go eat there twice." The inevitable question is whether she can turn her "Gucci Gucci" fame into something long-lasting. Or whether she'll end up another person of the viral video era whose 15 minutes of fame came and left. "If the album doesn't have a hit," Kreayshawn says. "I don't care. I'm mobbin.' I'm mobbin' real hard. If something goes wrong, I'll just take all my money and sell hella drugs. Then make a song about that. Then I'll have another hit." She pauses for a second. "I'm just playing. Kinda." (Fres Nobee)

In December, the Bay Area rapper said touring slowed down her album-making process.

"I'm excited because I haven't even put my album out. I'm hoping when I put it out it will be an even crazier year," she said in an interview. "I toured for three or four months, and then I did hella press. It's only this month that I've been able to get into the studio. ... I have more songs. When I make them, I want to put them out, but I have to put them on the album. It's finally getting to a number of songs where it's going to be enough to make an album. I want to get them out because I want to shut everyone up. ... I know who I am. I don't let that stuff bother me. I know it's going to be cool." (SF Gate)

A week prior, Kreay revealed rap partner V-nasty would appear on her upcoming LP.

Kreayshawn said that the still-unnamed album will cover more stylistic ground than her stripped-down, wobbling mega-hit "Gucci Gucci." "A lot of it is like different genres and forces, from Brazilian-type music to Indian freestyle to techno-type music," she said. "There's everything." For the last month or so, Kreayshawn has been splitting her time between studios in L.A. and Oakland. Fellow White Girl Mob member Vanessa "V-nasty" Reece will appear on a couple of tracks, though she was coy about any other collaborations she has planned. "I don't want to spoil anything," she said. (Rolling Stone)

In September, she hinted at the solo project getting completed before 2012.

The artist now has a month off to finish her album. She said: "It's going to be done by the end of the year, there will be a whole bunch of crazy sounds. I'm a queen of mixing up genres. "I don't want to be known just for 'Gucci Gucci.' I want to establish myself as an artist. Save any collaborations with other artists for the mixtape. When asked about her ambitions, she said: "Kreayshawn is definitely forming into a brand. "I want to branch off into clothing, more music videos, lots of creative thinking. I want to do a book, a movie about my life." (BBC News)

[pic - click to view]

"If The Album Doesn't Have A Hit, I Don't Care. I'm Mobbin'. I'm Mobbin' Real Hard" | SOHH.COM

93 comments for "Kreayshawn: "If The Album Doesn't Have A Hit, I Don't Care. I'm Mobbin'. I'm Mobbin' Real Hard""

6 years ago '04        #2
D1nOnlyMrM@ 43 heat pts43
space
space
$12,457 | Props total: 1447 1447
better not try to do a gogo song and it be wack
 6 years ago '07        #3
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,446 | Props total: 16193 16193
 D1nOnlyMrM@ said:
better not try to do a gogo song and it be wack
I think anything she does will be wack anyways sir..lol

but wtf is this
I'm excited because I haven't even put my album out
cause she fooled a lot of people.... including boxden stanley's..who have been rather quite lately..but they was on full ride when this batches 15min was poppin
 6 years ago '08        #4
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,574 | Props total: 17245 17245
The ignorance of this trick is wild, did you read what she said?, is like they mocking the genre
 6 years ago '07        #5
kuntree_swagger 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,041 | Props total: 32 32

what she meant to say...

Kreayshawn: "If The Album Doesn't Have A Hit, I Will Go Back To Sucking d!ck. I'm Slobbin'. I Will Be Slobbin' Real Hard, To Make Money"
 6 years ago '07        #6
space
space
I can't even imagine this ole nasaly.. lack of confidence.. meth head is going to sound like "rapping" over techno..or of all things like Samba or something??
 6 years ago '07        #7
space
space
 The N said:
The ignorance of this trick is wild, did you read what she said?, is like they mocking the genre
thank you.. and sadly some boxden cats was real serious about this chic... dudes in here was really hollerin white chic mob
 02-21-2012, 11:28 AM         #8
ralph lauren 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
thank you.. and sadly some boxden cats was real serious about this chic... dudes in here was really hollerin white chic mob

who was reppin white chic mob?

6 years ago '04        #9
LightWeight 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,369 | Props total: 1913 1913
i really dont hate. I dont know how to. But i hate her as soon as i learned to hate. bi*ch a big bird.
 6 years ago '07        #10
space
space
 ralph lauren said:

who was reppin white chic mob?

sure you can search them threads down..ninja's was about it... they have all gone into hiding though
 02-21-2012, 12:13 PM         #11
youngsosaPEG 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
angry birds face azz hoe
 02-21-2012, 12:36 PM         #12
StylesDavis412 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kreayshawn is basically trolling music.
 6 years ago '06        #13
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
space
$24,238 | Props total: 5042 5042
who is she kidding

this sh*t is never coming out.. ever

and the whatever wack a.ss record company that signed her will get their money back
 02-21-2012, 01:04 PM         #14
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
on my life i bet the album is done already and it sounds horrible. something tells me they're waiting for another white chick to come out so they can ride on top of her wave and thats when they'll repush her sh*t
 6 years ago '05        #15
HiRolliN 109 heat pts109
space
space
$20,271 | Props total: 2463 2463
 WorldsStrangest said:
on my life i bet the album is done already and it sounds horrible. something tells me they're waiting for another white chick to come out so they can ride on top of her wave and thats when they'll repush her sh*t
ya i was thinking the same thing. she knows the album is gonna flop so she is already going into damage control.
 6 years ago '07        #16
space
space
 Stupid Fresh said:
who is she kidding

this sh*t is never coming out.. ever

and the whatever wack a.ss record company that signed her will get their money back
deal was prolly a ringtone single type deal...and a distro deal...my guess.. cause if not some one is getting fiyawd
 6 years ago '07        #17
space
space
 WorldsStrangest said:
she keeps submitting they keep tellin her to go back and fix it..lol
 6 years ago '05        #18
Daddy Black 2 heat pts
space
space
$7,730 | Props total: 2219 2219
sh*ts gonna be garbage. She cant rap for sh*t i dunno what people see in her besides the fact shes a white girl doing this.
 02-21-2012, 01:32 PM         #19
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 HiRolliN said:
ya i was thinking the same thing. she knows the album is gonna flop so she is already going into damage control.
exactly. it shouldnt take her that long to put out tracks unless something is wrong. she already put out a mixtape before gucci gucci and it didnt really do anything outside her fanbase. she doesnt even wanna put out another single........her record label wont even allow leaks her sh*t must be bad

you telling me you havent recorded ANY songs in what....9 months?

come on now.....

eventually they'll push something out....but yea, if she was hot there would be no delay, she can shoot her own videos, all those LIL B vids she directed shes not dumb

she can record her on songs she's already done that without much backing

so they obviously waiting on something......
 02-21-2012, 01:35 PM         #20
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Damagegadget said:
deal was prolly a ringtone single type deal...and a distro deal...my guess.. cause if not some one is getting fiyawd
hmmm that sounds more accurate. thats how soulja boy played them others n*ggas with the one hit they had, i forgot, they made a youtube video roasting his a.ss
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
199 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo Switch - Life in colour
7 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy