Maino Says Being Real Doesnt Matter Anymore

most viewed right now
NBA Former NBA All Star Lorenzen Wright's ex wife is arrested in connection to..
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
24 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-20-2012, 05:12 PM         #81
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
If n*ggas rap about gay sh*t and do it in real life does that make them real?
 6 years ago '04        #82
Ace2125 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,325 | Props total: 513 513
it seems this n*gga is starting to accept that in order to make it in the industry he is going to have to sell out. don't matter to me i don't really listen to him anyway..........
 02-20-2012, 05:17 PM         #83
Cheesypoof 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 CashNy said:
it's true tho. All the real n*ggas make horrible music
styles p?
 02-20-2012, 05:19 PM         #84
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What am I reading? I've always not given a fu*k about a person's real life, but I've never seen so many people in agreement on this topic.

What a n*gga real life gotta do with me? I just want to hear good sh*t.
 6 years ago '10        #85
ARosary 47 heat pts47
space
space
$9,790 | Props total: 2885 2885
The problem is with how this sh*t that’s coming out now is categorized…its pop-rap, sh*t is not hip-hop what so ever. They’re confusing the art. Its not a problem that you have people like a Soulja Boy, Waka Flocka, etc who wanna make 95% of their songs about life being a party & running around like savages but people need to stop classifying that sh*t with our culture cause its not.

Real has been dead because look out how minorities as a whole conduct themselves & who they support. There were messages in rap in the 90s regardless what type of record u were doing for any target audience. People let the media steer the wheel & outsiders who just wanna cash-in & don’t care about us or our culture eat & eat well while leaving many either to switch their “diet” or starve & try to make from scraps.
 02-20-2012, 06:01 PM         #86
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
unlike beanie and them he gets it...it aint the 90s no more MAKE GOOD MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!
 02-20-2012, 06:17 PM         #87
TrueHopTunes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Maino = Elzhi + Q-Tip
 02-20-2012, 06:21 PM         #88
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '05        #89
P-Hill|M 26 heat pts26
space
space
$37,088 | Props total: 10775 10775
Lets be honest...

all you n*ggas is soft
 6 years ago '04        #90
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7568 7568
Real to me has nothing to do with gangsta.

You can be real, and be gangsta, but real is just about representing who you really are.

I prefer real.. but to me Curren$y is real. He's not gangsta. No drug deals. He just raps about having fun, being cool, and general boss principles. I respect it.

I can't listen to Ross. His music is just straight CB4. It's too fraudulent. How you gonna rap about all this crime, knowing if any of your fans did that sh*t, it'll be YOU locking down his cell at night?
 02-20-2012, 06:56 PM         #91
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people dont understand

a movie is marketed and sold as a fantasy. an escape

even in other genres, there is transparency in the art. R&B singers have songwriters that sometimes get more honor than the artist who performed the work.

Hiphop artists have ghostwriters, producers have ghost producers. They're blatant corruption things like payola in urban radio and now even on the blogs

and they market and sell their music AS IF IT IS REAL LIFE. They sell the image as if it is thier REAL LIFE.

Leonardo Dicaprio doesnt tell you he's going to steal your dreams, or that he's an runaway kid that died on a boat when he leaves the set. Keanu Reeves isnt gonna offer you a red pill or do any flying when he goes home and stops filming the matrix.

People will Rick Ross, Soulja Boy, even "good and concious rappers" like Kanye West, mainly like 95% of the hiphop industry will blatantly lie in your face for the sole purpose of selling you a record.

you can sit here and tell me that doesnt make you completely sick to your stomach?

Last edited by WorldsStrangest; 02-20-2012 at 07:21 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #92
Khazano 
space
space
$2,397 | Props total: 115 115
 23codez said:
Wtf are you people talking about?!!!!!! This is HIP HOP!!!! It does matter if you're REAL! This ain't a movie! Sure, some lines will be exaggerated for the sake of a hot rhyme, but hip hop is all about keeping it REAL. This generation sucks major a.ss. Movie actors? Only good music?! Fine! So go and tell Rick Ross to stop his fake sh*t AWAY FROM MUSIC! Must He be a drug kingpin/weapons with cop bodies on it thug ALL THE TIME even on interviews? You people are the worst.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '11        #93
Unknown Dude 2 heat pts
space
space
$8,201 | Props total: 90 90
 JayDee11 said:
I remember before Ross blew he did an interview I think with the Source. Duke said he needed more than 10 million a year to "function" and that he wasn't getting it from rapping. I thought I was the only person laughing hysterically over this bullsh*t, but XXL gave him the "Negro Please" award for that nonsense. Again, this is before his popularity spike. Now if you too damn stupid to see the difference between this and lyrics in a song, thats your own issue.
I got that issue somewhere...If I could find the book, i'd post the article up

n*ggaz k!ll me wit that "bu-but ___ lie in they songs too". If fools can't understand why every1 get on Ross instead of other rappers, they dumb as fu*k. This n*gga takes his fantasy storylines outside of music and puts dem into interviews. No1 does that sh*t except him.

Last edited by Unknown Dude; 02-20-2012 at 07:16 PM..
 6 years ago '09        #94
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
100% truth he's speaking. No need to argue the fact just look around the genre, enough said.
 6 years ago '11        #95
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,818 | Props total: 1221 1221
Everybodys opinion of whats real is different, its really a pointless topic.
 6 years ago '04        #96
xbossxplayax 
space
space
$4,215 | Props total: 1040 1040
Being real means something still.

But when your occupation is making music, you dont mean anything if u make terrible music.

Thats it.
 6 years ago '05        #97
Quddus 12 heat pts12
space
space
space
$14,944 | Props total: 6186 6186
Pac was the only n*gga that felt you have to live what you rap. Which is not that smart. This is suppose to be entertainment. At the end of the day you are a music artist not some thug on the streets.

That whole keep it real persona is really for dudes who can't rap and wanna you the streets and credit for their music. People pay to hear good music. So if you suck then you just suck nobody how hard you think you are in the eyes of some teenager.
 02-20-2012, 07:37 PM         #98
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
they dont get it. they WANT THE FAKE sh*t

you people like fake sh*t because you want to indulge in a lifestyle youll never be a part of. THEY WANT THE BULLsh*t.
 6 years ago '10        #99
Esdot 17 heat pts17
space
space
$1,617 | Props total: 693 693
 cuddyduce said:
dudes coming into the game thinkin theyll blow up just cause their real with no talent, nah son..
This. Ill go over here and listen to this Ross tape while ya still screaming "Free Boosie"
 02-20-2012, 07:57 PM         #100
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Sam Rothstein said:
If n*ggas rap about gay sh*t and do it in real life does that make them real?
so if a f*ggit mad rap about all the women he was fu*king you would listen to him long as he made good music right
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
80 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
132 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
200 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago