If Rick Ross GFID Does NOT Go Platinum. Will It Be Considered A Failure?

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
46 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
118 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
70 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-20-2012, 02:05 PM         #61
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
Push backs are going to help him now? Explain that logic to me. When this was about Jeezy he was losing left & right. Ross doesn't have a single that has the streets on lock right now; it's been a while since he has.

Rich Forever isn't getting any play around here anymore. It was hot when it dropped, now people are moving on to the next thing just like it is with every other artist. Ross' tapes don't do much to help his sales obviously. If that were the case the Albert Anastasia EP as well as Ashes to Ashes should've propelled him to platinum for Teflon Don. Why am I to believe that formula will work now when it never has before?

Lastly, no one takes MTV seriously but the lames on here. If you take a channel seriously that makes money off of Guido's & underaged pregnant teens you need your hip hop card revoked...
MTV may not be credible but being #1 on their list sure gives him more exposure, Rich Forever ain't Da Drought 3 or So Far Gone but it's still by far the hottest thing to drop in 2012 so far, he already dropped videos for Stay Schemin and MMG Untouchable which are getting play. AA EP and AtA weren't nearly as hyped up as Rich Forever anyways, no one's even noticing how much bigger Ross's fanbase has gotten since Teflon Don. All he needs now is to find a single as big or bigger than BMF if he wants to achieve sales. I highly doubt the push back did anything to hurt his sales, didn't C4 achieve a million records with the push back as well?
 6 years ago '11        #62
Kid Cunner 400 heat pts400
space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 2 2
And pushbacks do help, sometimes, Jeezy stans just wanna say he lost for pushing his own sh*t back once, while Jeezy's label wouldn't let him release sh*t for 2 gotdamn years. A Jeezy stan saying Ross lost for pushing his own album back once, is honestly very comical. And I'm a big fan of both rappers, but come on. That sounds like a child who just wants to win at any cost, so he trys to cling to a moral victory or some sh*t.

Pushbacks build hype, and anticipation. Carter III was one of the most pushbacked albums in recent memory, and it sold a million in it's first week. Lets look at Tyga too. If he drops his album last year before eventually pushing back, and making Rack City, it would not have had the potential it does now. Pushbacks might p!ss everybody off cause they want the music, but it doesn't make you want it less once it drops. I'm pretty sure at this point, pushbacks are just part of the overall strategic plan in hip hop. How many albums a year ever stick to one date, mainstream albums at least? Hell, even underground artists and mixtape rappers are pushing their sh*t back now. It's clearly all apart of the plan now. The more you make people wait, the more they typically want it. That goes with anything in life, not just music.

But aye, if you're a Jeezy stan then none of this logic probably means anything to you. JEEZY WON! Go celebrate.

Last edited by Kid Cunner; 02-20-2012 at 02:14 PM..
 02-20-2012, 02:12 PM         #63
DoubleD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
Don't come at my life like that fam. I've been lookin for another forum but can't find one with this much activity
Kanetothe.com is more active than bx, but alot of d-riders on there.
 6 years ago '11        #64
space
space
 Retro said:
MusicTelevision hasn't been MTV since the early 90s. You seriously want me to take seriously "the consumer", who are usually teenage white girls who watch the channel who will eat up anything that's catchy regardless of substance? And I'm supposed to take YOU seriously after that? lol right.

My reality is, fu*k what the consumer has to say about it. Bottom line is, there's a reason mainstream hip hop is trash. Look at who's buying it & their reasons behind it. Grip on reality, haha n*gga please...
Yes, get a grip on reality. You are missing the whole point. I never once said anybody SHOULD take them seriously, or that you should. I simply said, people in the real world do. That's a fact. Just because you say their list is sh*t, there's way more people who think the opposite of you. Those are the people who will be more influenced to pick up his album based on this list, not you. So yes, being #1 on a list like this DOES help..it surely doesn't hurt that's for sure. Since when has being crowned the hottest anything by anybody every been a bad look? Good publicity is bad now?
 6 years ago '11        #65
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Karamu said:
MTV may not be credible but being #1 on their list sure gives him more exposure, Rich Forever ain't Da Drought 3 or So Far Gone but it's still by far the hottest thing to drop in 2012 so far, he already dropped videos for Stay Schemin and MMG Untouchable which are getting play. AA EP and AtA weren't nearly as hyped up as Rich Forever anyways, no one's even noticing how much bigger Ross's fanbase has gotten since Teflon Don. All he needs now is to find a single as big or bigger than BMF if he wants to achieve sales. I highly doubt the push back did anything to hurt his sales, didn't C4 achieve a million records with the push back as well?
I never said the MTV list wouldn't give him more exposure, I just said that's not a legitimate reason for why he didn't lose. As far as RF goes, again I didn't say that it wasn't hot at point just that the buzz isn't as strong as it was before. Nothing stays hot forever.

The only reason AA EP & AA weren't hyped up that much is because he wrapped them around his album, AA EP before & AA afterward. With all of that material out it STILL wasn't enough for him to go platinum so again I ask you, why should I believe the mixtape will help now seeing as how it never has before?

The C4 argument isn't justified for one easy reason: Wayne >>> Ross popularity wise. Ross is not a hip hop icon like Wayne is, it's not even close. Wayne pushed a million in a week after a push back before with C3. Ross won't touch that with this next album.

We don't even have a date for GFID. If he's supposed to be #winning, he should've had a hot single & a date by now. The album still isn't out or a hot single. That may not be losing to you but that's not winning to me...
 6 years ago '11        #66
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 90sBaby said:
Kanetothe.com is more active than bx, but alot of d-riders on there.
Been lurkin KTT for the longest, can't bring myself to post there tho. Like you said, a lot of d-riders...

Kid Cunner said:
Yes, get a grip on reality. You are missing the whole point. I never once said anybody SHOULD take them seriously, or that you should. I simply said, people in the real world do. That's a fact. Just because you say their list is sh*t, there's way more people who think the opposite of you. Those are the people who will be more influenced to pick up his album based on this list, not you. So yes, being #1 on a list like this DOES help..it surely doesn't hurt that's for sure. Since when has being crowned the hottest anything by anybody every been a bad look? Good publicity is bad now?
...So fu*kin what dude? Big deal someone disagrees with me & the fact that they do means I'm wrong? What kind of logic is that? You completely sidestepped the reasons for NOT taking them seriously, just that I should for the simple fact that they think differently than I do.

Publicity this, publicity that, the only way this will get solved is to look at what Ross does sales wise & then make this argument. All of this is speculation and I have absolutely no reason to believe Ross will go platinum after a HORRIBLE street single, a crossover single that flopped when it first released, a push back due to these failed singles, & a mixtape that isn't as hot as it once was.

Reality isn't something I can't see fam. You're too caught up in the moment and aren't looking at the big picture. Clarity is something you're missing apparently, so find something else to grasp on, reality isn't in your possession right now...
 6 years ago '11        #67
space
space
I just don't get why Ross's winning upsets so many people :/

Why does ones success bother some people? Why does it even matter..I don't get it...
 6 years ago '04        #68
justinjones 307 heat pts307 OP
space
space
$49,414 | Props total: 6441 6441
 Kid Cunner said:

Why does ones success bother some people? Why does it even matter..I don't get it...

whats the problem with me expecting him to go plat this time. all this damn support and im supposed to expect less
 6 years ago '05        #69
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,436 | Props total: 25095 25095
 Kid Cunner said:
And pushbacks do help, sometimes, Jeezy stans just wanna say he lost for pushing his own sh*t back once, while Jeezy's label wouldn't let him release sh*t for 2 gotdamn years. A Jeezy stan saying Ross lost for pushing his own album back once, is honestly very comical. And I'm a big fan of both rappers, but come on. That sounds like a child who just wants to win at any cost, so he trys to cling to a moral victory or some sh*t.
...Why Is Jeezy Name Coming Up? See Here We Go. This A Ross Thread and We Discussing Ross But Some How You "Commercial" a.ss n*ggas Forever Bring Up Jeezy Knowin You Cant Defend Ross No More.

Def Jam Has Pushed Ross Back Twice....Ross Cant "Push His OWN" sh*t Back,Only Def Jam Has That Control Or Is The Illusion of Someone Saying They A Boss of Something They Aint Got You Confused.

Meanwhile.............Arent You A Mac Miller Fan?
 02-20-2012, 02:25 PM         #70
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
Been lurkin KTT for the longest, can't bring myself to post there tho. Like you said, a lot of d-riders...
sites discussion has gone to sh*t since the Drake stans joined for the Take Care leak

Kanye d!ck riders aren't that big of a problem outside his section
 6 years ago '11        #71
space
space
 Retro said:

...So fu*kin what dude? Big deal someone disagrees with me & the fact that they do means I'm wrong? What kind of logic is that? You completely sidestepped the reasons for NOT taking them seriously, just that I should for the simple fact that they think differently than I do.

Publicity this, publicity that, the only way this will get solved is to look at what Ross does sales wise & then make this argument. All of this is speculation and I have absolutely no reason to believe Ross will go platinum after a HORRIBLE street single, a crossover single that flopped when it first released, a push back due to these failed singles, & a mixtape that isn't as hot as it once was.

Reality isn't something I can't see fam. You're too caught up in the moment and aren't looking at the big picture. Clarity is something you're missing apparently, so find something else to grasp on, reality isn't in your possession right now...
Dawg you're bitter as fu*k lol. When did I say you should take them seriously cause other people do? I never once said that. Your arguments are always the worst, you try to flip everything that everybody says. You can't even comprehend the simplest of statements without putting words in the other persons mouth. You're trying to act as if being crowned the hottest MC by one of the most popular corporations in the world somehow "doesn't help". Does it hurt? That's the real question. That just sounds like some bitter sh*t. Every good look that Ross has going from him right now, you just write it off as "meaningless" when in fact it's not. I don't know what drives this hate that some of you hip hop fans have, but it's disgusting.
 6 years ago '11        #72
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Karamu said:
sites discussion has gone to sh*t since the Drake stans joined for the Take Care leak

Kanye d!ck riders aren't that big of a problem outside his section
Drake stans? *deletes KTT from bookmarks*, I'm still recovering from the Drake stans that used to be here

I'm not worried about Yeezy stans too much since I'm a fan as well, but stans period get annoying at some point.

*sighs* I'll keep looking, at least until I save up enough for this server & get my own forum up...
 6 years ago '11        #73
space
space
 justinjones said:

whats the problem with me expecting him to go plat this time. all this damn support and im supposed to expect less
But, I'm not talking about you. The thread topic is fine. The problem is the other people in the thread, who are trying to discredit everything Ross has going for him right now. He is clearly winning right now. Like I said before, if this is what losing looks like, then I'd love to be losing right now.
 6 years ago '11        #74
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 Kid Cunner said:
Dawg you're bitter as fu*k lol. When did I say you should take them seriously cause other people do? I never once said that. Your arguments are always the worst, you try to flip everything that everybody says. You can't even comprehend the simplest of statements without putting words in the other persons mouth. You're trying to act as if being crowned the hottest MC by one of the most popular corporations in the world somehow "doesn't help". Does it hurt? That's the real question. That just sounds like some bitter sh*t. Every good look that Ross has going from him right now, you just write it off as "meaningless" when in fact it's not. I don't know what drives this hate that some of you hip hop fans have, but it's disgusting.
No I'm not bitter, I'm just annoyed with you in particular because you're always captain save a hoe in every Ross thread talkin about how "comical" it is to watch people do such and such. You said "LOL at people who don't take MTV seriously" - the fu*k else were you supposed to mean by that other than what it says? I don't twist sh*t, it's just that people on here always pull the "oh well I meant this instead of what I actually wrote" card & I end up bein the one who's "twisting" sh*t. I have to tell yall this all the time, say what you mean and mean what you say.

I'm not trying to act like anything and the funniest thing about all of this is why you seem to think I want you to agree with me. I gave my 2 cents to no one in particular, I just answered Justin's thread. You got mad when someone disagreed with you & here you go trying to change my mind. You're wasting your time & mine right now.

Oh and something else that's "comical" about you is how you think anybody who disagrees with you is a "hater". Oh sh*t another funny thing is how this all of a sudden got personal instead of discussing Ross like we were from jump street. I'm all of a sudden one of the "worst arguers" on this site but you've seem to run out of rebuttals, rebuttals to the topic at least...

Last edited by Retro; 02-20-2012 at 02:38 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #75
davon4204 34 heat pts34
space
space
$16,172 | Props total: 1613 1613
 GangGreen227 said:
no cuz ross doesnt sell out to these crackas

R U Serious? It doesn't matter these days alot of garbage is going platinum but it takes them weeks and weeks just to do that compared to when music was good going platinum in one week. Never liked Ross anyway his music sounds to fraudulent especially from the time he was exposed.

Last edited by davon4204; 02-20-2012 at 02:43 PM..
 02-20-2012, 02:43 PM         #76
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kid Cunner said:

aye breh a pimp got u on da breakdown. peep game & soak up ya dig

it starts wit Rauce himself & makin da biggest PR mistake u could ever make mayne. dont ever insult no internet hip hop fans intelligence by tryna tell us that graduation photo wuz a damn photoshop. n*gga we know a photoshop and aint no expert in da world capable of makin u 15 years younger. we KNEW. even if u dont like that kinda rap and had moderate to no interest in ole boy u followed da story. it wuz like watchin a train wreck. Trick Daddy cosigned, few weeks later smokingun.com confirms wit actual documents, then he had da audacity to go on da offensive against da industrys biggest bully 50 Cent. most wuz like "da fu*k is this n*gga thinkin???"

we laughed at da n*gga. Baby Mama Gate, Pimpin curly, Tia Told Me, Officer Down, his son wit Fif @ Floyd Crib, 2nd baby mama s3x tape wit Curly narratin, gittin clowned live on urban radio while he steady denyin & talkin in circles. mayne them n*ggas played Bad Boys theme song think on it pimp. sensible n*ggas know rappers use they imagination n sh*t. but da irony of a correctional officer turned drug kingpin rap persona? then on top of that da REAL Freeway Ricky Ross suin yo a.ss for identity theft? yea mayne n*ggas threw dirt on da boy grave & pronounced him dead

but did he die? hell naw. da n*gga became even mo popular and muhfu*kas who aint never fu*k wit Rick Ross started likin his music IN SPITE OF THEYSELVES. he grew mo confident wit his bars & his rap persona. and it aint like he aint stop talkin that mafioso sh*t, hell naw, Rick gave a fu*k. n*gga started takin it to obscene levels but got even nicer wit his pen game. raps became less wordy but da flow got mo deadly. and dont let these n*ggas fool u mayne. flow ALWAYS WINS in hip hop over bars. so whut u seein is n*ggas mad that he proved them wrong. they want to be right. they want him to be dead. so now they gotta emotional attachment to his demise. and even worse an irritable disposition to all fans of his music (jus like YMCMB). you dont share they sentiments on Rauce shawty? well fu*k u you fu*kin stan. aye looka here wait til GFID drops mayne. Boxden finna be off da chain furreal. this site>>>>>> s/o to Ronnie no d/r
 02-20-2012, 02:43 PM         #77
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
Drake stans? *deletes KTT from bookmarks*, I'm still recovering from the Drake stans that used to be here

I'm not worried about Yeezy stans too much since I'm a fan as well, but stans period get annoying at some point.

*sighs* I'll keep looking, at least until I save up enough for this server & get my own forum up...
it's still the best in terms of being active, ktt always on top of leaks/releases

but yeah, a lot of dumbasses clutter it
 6 years ago '11        #78
space
space
 Fresh Whyte said:
...Why Is Jeezy Name Coming Up? See Here We Go. This A Ross Thread and We Discussing Ross But Some How You "Commercial" a.ss n*ggas Forever Bring Up Jeezy Knowin You Cant Defend Ross No More.

Def Jam Has Pushed Ross Back Twice....Ross Cant "Push His OWN" sh*t Back,Only Def Jam Has That Control Or Is The Illusion of Someone Saying They A Boss of Something They Aint Got You Confused.

Meanwhile.............Arent You A Mac Miller Fan?

For a Jeezy stan to say, Ross already lost for one pushback, is comical. Simply put. We know who are fans of who here, and I'm sure Jeezy was brought up long before I arrived in this thread. Just cause somebody doesn't bring names into it, we know what they are trying to do. People bring up Ross's one pushback to defend Jeezy, cause they can't defend his 2 years worth of pushbacks.

But anyway, how are you gonna call me out for bringing up Jeezy (when in a certain he definitely relates to this thread), but yet you bring up Mac Miller who is about as left field from this thread as you can get? If that's not hypocritical then I don't know what is. I'm a fan of hip hop, I'm not as picky as some of you might be. Being a fan of one artist, doesn't void anything you say pertaining to another artist no matter what some of yall might want to believe.

The funny thing is, I'm a Jeezy fan. I always said Jeezy>>Ross up until Teflon Don. That's when Ross's music, imo, got better than Jeezy's. The Recession is one of my favorite albums OF ALL TIME. More than any Ross album, so don't come at me like I'm trying to cling to anything to prove Ross won and Jeezy lost. That sh*t is for the birds, that's what yall n*ggas on BX wanna spend your time arguing about. Neither of them lost to me, I'm a proud fan of both. That doesn't mean I cant call it like it is though, which most people here don't know how to do.
 6 years ago '11        #79
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
So wait, you got mad because I (the alleged Jeezy "stan") said that Ross lost...that's why you brought up Jeezy?

I gave 103 a fu*kin C- and I'm a stan? lol I swear it's "comical" how you keep digging a deeper hole for yourself. A fan & a stan are not the same thing. You knee deep in all these Ross threads makes you look more like Stanley than I do by the way...
 6 years ago '04        #80
justinjones 307 heat pts307 OP
space
space
$49,414 | Props total: 6441 6441
ok they both lost something over the past year

5 pages until it went sideways
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
20 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
78 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Snippets of American Dream-Cole ft. Kendrick
46 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy