MTV Top 10 Hottest MC’s 2012 (Full List)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
47 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
68 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
114 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #41
GangGreen227 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,822 | Props total: 128 128

[pic - click to view]

02-19-2012, 11:26 PM         #42
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My question is, how is Emineim nowhere on this list
 02-19-2012, 11:27 PM         #43
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
How is Nicki Minaj over the guy who writes her rhymes?
 6 years ago '09        #44
klm1015 10 heat pts10
space
space
$5,689 | Props total: 189 189
damn the market is really boring. the whole list is roc/good, ymcmb, and mmg with the exception of wiz.
 02-19-2012, 11:30 PM         #45
ralph lauren 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i luh ma bi*ches
 6 years ago '11        #46
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 SugaHillRomello said:
Man i ain't paying no attention to these clowns on this website, dudes mad because the list doesn't look they way they want it to. Based on the CRITERIA this list is pretty good so far imo. Plus the panel is made up of US, not some corny wannabes like you get from sites like Complex. My top 5 prediction

1)Ross
2)Drake
3)Kanye
4)Nicki
5)Wayne

Although im kinda up in the air about that 1 spot, they might give it to Drake

Props to Ross my top 5 was spot on
 02-19-2012, 11:31 PM         #47
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly or Die said:
It's funny how most of you n*ggas say sales don't matter, now sales mean everything when Ross is on top.

aye mayne pimpin been sayin this right chea over & over again

these n*ggas stay switchin lanes n/h but when u emotional like my bi*ch u think its normal to flip flop
 6 years ago '05        #48
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
 6 years ago '09        #49
PremoThaOne 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,056 | Props total: 1071 1071
It Is Finally Official MTV Is Irrelevant And Needs To Give Up Anything Music Related
 6 years ago '11        #50
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
He can't even get a release date for his album but he the hottest MC
Lurker gave props

6 years ago '11        #51
GangGreen227 42 heat pts42
space
space
$2,822 | Props total: 128 128
 PremoThaOne said:
It Is Finally Official MTV Is Irrelevant And Needs To Give Up Anything Music Related
official? it took u that long to figure that out lol
 6 years ago '04        #52
mikielee213 52 heat pts52
space
space
$9,597 | Props total: 12620 12620
I'm sure someone already said this but....kanye has 2 classic albums before that he had Twitter goin crazy with good fridays then won a Grammy o and by the way the watch the throne tour.....what did drake do besides drop a whack r&b album and goin on a tour nobody gives a sh*t about....jus sayin
 6 years ago '10        #53
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,440 | Props total: 2400 2400
garbage a.ss n*ggas and garbage a.ss list is mtv serious? majority of the people on that list is young money yes even officer ricky and meek
 6 years ago '10        #54
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,878 | Props total: 13678 13678
 The Blueprint said:
ROZAY

50 d!ckriders lawse
 Graftedgenes said:
Alot of people are turning RED right now

Even as Ralse supporters yall have to agree this list is jokes. Take Care was an album full of mc'n?

[pic - click to view]

If Ross were to sh*t on MTV for this list of fu*kery he'll earn some respect and some $$ for his cd. But thats not gonna happen. fu*k shimtv
 02-19-2012, 11:41 PM         #55
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Marvin Hagler said:
aye mayne pimpin been sayin this right chea over & over again

these n*ggas stay switchin lanes n/h but when u emotional like my bi*ch u think its normal to flip flop
But people are talking about sales in the context of the MTV list, like you just told me in the other thread you have to follow the criteria. So you can't sh*t on n*ggas for not liking the criteria, then sh*t on them for following it
 6 years ago '10        #56
knowlege bass 
space
space
$3,222 | Props total: 564 564
No surprise with the list, based on mainstream press, sales and internet chatter the list makes sense. However if I changed the definition of "hottest" to those I believe are "spitting heat" my list would have a few different people on it. My take on this is based on performance over the last 14 months, not sales or twitter popularity, but those I think have spit the hottest verses.

10 Pharoah Monch - Monch doesnt release lots of material but still dropping videos from 2011's "W.A.R - We Are Renegades". Monch had some of the best verses of 2011 on songs like "Evolve" and "Clap". Forever underestimated. underrated and overlooked, dude stays humble and works his lane
9 Jay Z - half of the duo with one of the hottest songs out. Jay wasnt at his lyrical best on WTT but he still shows flashes of brilliance and why even as talented as Kanye is he will never be half the emcee Jigga is
8 Elzhi - This dude can just flat out rap. I didnt like "Elmatic" for personal taste reasons but he did a nice job and I cant see anyone else in the game really doing it justice the way he did.
7 Phonte - Another overlooked dude who has quotables for days and is the main influence behind Drakes whole steez
6 Black Thought - The most underrated emcee ever, his features on Raekwon, Thurz and Saigon albums were not talked about, then he dropped bombs on the Roots album...barz for days
5 Nas - Dropping "nasty" came as a surprise especially since we have no date for his next solo project, but since then he has dropped nothing but ill verses. He has given a jewels to Wayne, Common, Ross and K'naan displaying the kind of hunger that should have the backpackers drooling
4 Kendrick Lamar - IMO I have heard nothing but dope verses since I first rocked "Section 80". I think he had the best verse on " Take Care" as well as show stealera on his own crews work. He is the backpackers savior right now, we'll see how much he wants money vs respect this year.
3 Lloyd Banks - CC2 , that is all
2 Joe Budden - He may not have dropped a mixtape or album but I still play MM4, I liked his verse the best on the BET cipher and he k!lled a couple freestyles recently
1 Lupe Fiasco - Strange choice after the 18 mths he just had and the transformation we have seen from Lupe in that time. He has aliented alot of his core with his choice of production and made a fool of himself in interviews. However none of that to me changes my view that lyrically no one is touching Lupe right now. "Lasers" had house and techno pop sounds and delivery wise he dumbed it down, but but his lyrical content was socially aware. No other emcee is gonna call out suicide bombers for not being real muslims. But its not "Lasers" that puts him here for me, its the displays of brilliance he shows on "Friend Of The People" that he is here. Yes there are some house techno beats but it doesnt matter, in the infamous words of Dylan "he spits hot fire". The last verse of "Joaquin Phoenix" alone k!lls most careers.
 6 years ago '10        #57
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,440 | Props total: 2400 2400
 Dangerously said:
My question is, how is Emineim nowhere on this list
they left his a.ss off 2 years straight... its official to be garbage really means your hot even tho your music sucks donkey d!ck... and when your hot it means your garbage
 02-19-2012, 11:53 PM         #58
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Graftedgenes said:

[pic - click to view]

Yeah, we get it people are mad.

I think the only really odd thing about the list...how is Drake and Nicki hotter than Wayne?
 6 years ago '11        #59
4o 0z 4 heat pts
space
space
$963 | Props total: 16 16
1. Drake/Kanye West
2. Rick Ross
3. Lil Wayne
4. Nicki Minaj
5. Tity Boi
6. Meek Mill
7. Big Sean
8. Wale
9. Waka
10. ASAP Rocky
12. Amber Rose
14. MGK
15. Wiz Khalifa

this list is based off of popularity rite now

musically i dnt think the mainstream radio aka white media think of jay-z wen kanye or beyonce's name aint bein mentioned. i also thnk tht for the past summer or 2 (or 3) drake&kanye been battlin it out for mainstream media's heart
& keep it real, wiz khalifa aint did sh*t to keep anyones attention since black&yellow besides p!ss ppl off with his subpar album&steal kanyes bi*ch

get @ me

Last edited by 4o 0z; 02-20-2012 at 12:01 AM..
 02-20-2012, 12:01 AM         #60
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 4o 0z said:
1. Drake/Kanye West
2. Rick Ross
3. Lil Wayne
4. Nicki Minaj
5. Tity Boi
6. Meek Mill
7. Big Sean
8. Wale
9. Waka
10. ASAP Rocky
12. Amber Rose
14. MGK
15. Wiz Khalifa

this list is based off of popularity rite now

musically i dnt think the mainstream radio aka white media think of jay-z wen kanye or beyonce's name aint bein mentioned. i also thnk tht for the past summer or 2 (or 3) drake&kanye been battlin it out for mainstream media's heart
& keep it real, wiz khalifa aint did sh*t to keep anyones attention since black&yellow besides p!ss ppl off with his subpar album&steal kanyes bi*ch

get @ me
at Amber Rose more popular than Wiz
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
106 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
114 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
31 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Chevy has once again fu-ked up the Camaro.. Is it time to discontinue ..
32 comments
19 hours ago
@rides
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
185 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
53 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy