Feb 19 - Cop tasers handcuffed girl in back, now braindead

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
78 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Maia Campbell Was Recently Spotted In Atlanta....
10 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
37 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
208 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-19-2012, 05:49 PM         #1
13979 pageviews
181 comments

pabloescobarjr 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Feb 19 - Cop tasers handcuffed girl in back, now braindead

[video - click to view]

The Florida Highway Patrol have cleared 267-pound Trooper Daniel Cole of wrongdoing and have released a disturbing dash cam video that captured him tasing a 100 pound, 20 year old handcuffed girl in the back as she fled.

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement determined Trooper Daniel Cole's "use of force" was justified when he tased the woman last September at the FHP Pinellas Park Substation and cleared him of wrongdoing.

The fleeing woman, Danielle Maudsley, 20, suffered severe brain damage after hitting her head on the concrete and has been in a persistent vegetative state ever since.

The video shows Maudsley fleeing a back door of the substation with Cole following closely behind.

Maudsley was arrested for her alleged involvement in two hit-and-run crashes and driving without a license.

Cole brought Maudsley to the substation to complete his paperwork before taking her to the Pinellas County Jail, according to FHP reports.

As she enters the parking lot, Cole deploys his taser and Maudsley hits the ground hard, with her head slamming into the asphalt.

"What were you thinking? What are you, stupid?," Cole can be heard asking Maudsley on the video.
"I can't get up," said Maudsley.
"I don't want you to get up," said Cole.
"I can't get up," Maudsley said again. The last words Maudsley has spoken since being tasered.

On the video, Maudsley loses consciousness about two minutes after hitting her head.
Maudsley's mother said the trooper should have used other means to stop her daughter from fleeing.
"He was right behind her. He could've reached out," Maudsley said. "It was unnecessary."
The mother hired defense attorney Kevin Haylsett, who put FHP on notice for a lawsuit.

Hayslett said Cole violated FHP's taser policy which states:
"Fleeing cannot be the sole reason for the deployment."
"When you shoot someone in the back, and they're running away, all that force -- as you saw when Danielle's head hit the concrete -- that's why they don't allow you to do that, because you can have horrible tragedies like this," Hayslett said.

With any rule, there is an exception.

An Office of Inspector General Investigation Unit report states: "Although the FHP policy on Electronic Control Devices states that a member should not use the device on a handcuffed prisoner, it also provides that there may be situations that conflict with this policy."

The report goes on to state: "In this situation, Maudsley ... removed one of her handcuffs while in the back of Cole's patrol car, and moved her handcuffs from behind her back, to in front of her body, as she attempted to flee the FHP Station. In addition, Maudsley was running towards US Highway 19 which is a high volume road."

According to the report, Maudsley had oxycodone and cocaine in her system at the time.

"The Florida Department of Law Enforcement conducted an independent review of the incident," FHP spokesperson Sgt. Steve Gaskins said. "Their investigation found that the trooper's actions were legal and within the scope of his duties."

"He would've been better off to use his nightstick on her than he would a taser," Hayslett said.

The attorney also pointed out that Maudsley only weighs about 100 pounds.

In the report, Cole said he chose to use the taser because he "felt she was more susceptible to being injured if he attempted to tackle her." Cole weighs approximately 267 pounds.

Hayslett called the dash cam video disturbing. "It's one of those videos -- when you see it and you watch her head hit the pavement -- that it's hard to get those images out of your head," he said.

Maudsley's mom said her daughter's prognosis is not good. She is likely to remain in a vegetative state.

Maudsley is now in a Ft. Lauderdale rehab center that specializes in severe brain injuries.

181 comments for "Feb 19 - Cop tasers handcuffed girl in back, now braindead"

6 years ago '04        #2
ruff 6 heat pts
space
space
$26,643 | Props total: 2648 2648

Better than shooting her.

She shouldn't of ran.
 6 years ago '04        #3
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,441 | Props total: 6036 6036
he could have grabbed her bra be fo rea n*ggaz jus pussies deez police gettin outta control too they takin sh*t to the extreme
 02-19-2012, 06:11 PM         #4
StatisticZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ruff said:

Better than shooting her.

She shouldn't of ran.
Common sense has been spoke.

No matter how it's twisted ya'll will say he was wrong, especially if him being damn near 300lbs and tackled her and yielded the same result.
 02-19-2012, 06:11 PM         #5
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I need 2 watch the video, but reading the description I didn't have a problem with this. Didn't this say she cause 2 hit and run crashes and she removed 1 of the cuffs?
 02-20-2012, 06:40 AM         #6
billieskeet  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Muggz said:
Yo are u fu*kin serious??? All u above me. The police are suppose to protect us, not k!ll us!
Dude, she was in 2 hit and run accidents that she caused. what about the ppl she hit? should be we just ignore that sh*t, just cuz she got hurt? No, she was wildin out and somebody needed to stop her a.ss. she almost k!lled ppl, I don't have no pity for that. And sometimes ppl try to run and f!ght and they need to get taken down hard. What about the ppl's lives she threatening? what if she ran out into the street and caused more damage, which she would've. What if that would've one of your family members in one those cars she hit, I wonder if you'd have a different opinion then.
 6 years ago '10        #7
WhoNextWithPlex 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,828 | Props total: 5993 5993
 Muggz said:
Yo are u fu*kin serious??? All u above me. The police are suppose to protect us, not k!ll us!
she was on cocaine and oxys, running from an officer who was taking her to jail for causing multiple accidents and fleeing the scene. the cops were protecting us if you want to look at it that way

how come you aint ever in the nhl thread?

Last edited by WhoNextWithPlex; 02-20-2012 at 06:54 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #8
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
shouldnt have ran
 6 years ago '04        #9
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 ATLDOPEBOI18 said:
he could have grabbed her bra be fo rea n*ggaz jus pussies deez police gettin outta control too they takin sh*t to the extreme
@ typing the way you actually talk

She was hauling a.ss. That fat a.ss cop wasn't gonna catch her. He probably realized she was gonna get away and that's why he used the stun gun.

Regardless, if you weren't a crack wh0ore who hit and ran on two different people, then tried to run from the police after you were getting arrested, you wouldn't have to deal with this sh*t in the first place.
 02-20-2012, 12:30 PM         #10
StatisticZ  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 WhoNextWithPlex said:
she was on cocaine and oxys, running from an officer who was taking her to jail for causing multiple accidents and fleeing the scene. the cops were protecting us if you want to look at it that way

:agreement6:

Blood Edge said:
cops aren't judge, jury, and executioner and regardless of what she did dude was close enough to physically subdue her
This cop was.

[pic - click to view]

ItAlY2BkLyN said:
@ typing the way you actually talk

She was hauling a.ss. That fat a.ss cop wasn't gonna catch her. He probably realized she was gonna get away and that's why he used the stun gun.

Regardless, if you weren't a crack wh0ore who hit and ran on two different people, then tried to run from the police after you were getting arrested, you wouldn't have to deal with this sh*t in the first place.
:agreement6:

As I said no matter what the cop does in situations like this someones gonna rule it unjustifiable. She did the drugs, she hit multiple people and ran, then she tried to run while restrained.. This is 100% her fault.
 6 years ago '06        #11
TheKastOne 
space
space
$2,081 | Props total: 268 268
Damn, he should of just grabbed her....that taze was pretty fu*ked up..and now she is brain dead wow, youth make mistakes man....I can't believe that some of you guys think this was a fair price.
 6 years ago '09        #12
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,921 | Props total: 22128 22128
sucks that it happened but, she shouldn't have broke the law multiple times. he used the proper means of the taser, aint like he shot her or some bullsh*t, bi*ch was running and got tased, and it was an obvious accident. people get tased all the time and rarely do they slam their heads like that and go brain dead. n*gga was just doing his job
 6 years ago '04        #13
ItAlY2BkLyN 238 heat pts238
space
space
$22,132 | Props total: 9434 9434
 TheKastOne said:
Damn, he should of just grabbed her....that taze was pretty fu*ked up..and now she is brain dead wow, youth make mistakes man....I can't believe that some of you guys think this was a fair price.
not a fair price but not the cops fault either.

You take unnecessary risks then you have to suffer the consequences.
 6 years ago '06        #14
Johnny Tapwater 3 heat pts
space
space
$4,535 | Props total: 2658 2658
Thats her asphalt
 6 years ago '04        #15
space
space
n*ggaz really defending cops now even though we've seen the dirt they are capable of
 02-20-2012, 04:13 PM         #16
Spid3yo  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheKastOne said:

Nobody is saying she deserved to become brain dead, but she most differently deserved to get tazed for running.
 6 years ago '10        #17
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,873 | Props total: 17 17
some ppl in here are gonna hate on the cops just cause its a cop...they overlook her stupidy and the harm she was causing to the public and automatically try and justify it being the cops fault.
 6 years ago '09        #18
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,921 | Props total: 22128 22128
 UcantCme said:
some ppl in here are gonna hate on the cops just cause its a cop...they overlook her stupidy and the harm she was causing to the public and automatically try and justify it being the cops fault.
its sad how easily the urban community is influenced with this whole "fu*k police automatically" mentality.
 6 years ago '04        #19
space
space
its not fu*k police mentality u see everyday where a fu*kin cop k!lled an unarmed man or woman for something that could have been handled less forceful, dont fu*kin sit here and act like the police do sh*t they supposed to do everyday

where da fuk yall from
 6 years ago '05        #20
TCV|m 17 heat pts17
space
space
$2,997 | Props total: 27 27
fu*k her
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy