NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
196 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #41
hooligun 12 heat pts12
space
space
$20,301 | Props total: 538 538
make good albums and people will buy.
 02-24-2012, 01:14 AM         #42
SOCIALITE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
But those top selling artists back then were just as bad. Making pop tunes and sh*t.
 02-24-2012, 01:14 AM         #43
SOCIALITE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hooligun said:
make good albums and people will buy.
Very untrue.
 03-07-2012, 11:53 AM         #44
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm looking at these Adele numbers from yesterday and she's slaughtering the competition.

The bootlegging excuses are starting to look shaky right now
 6 years ago '12        #45
noverum 
space
space
$2,868 | Props total: 1654 1654
 BastardChild said:
shes from the UK... people that are listening to adele range from young girls to 80 year old women..

you think a 60 year old women named elma is gonna be bootlegging adeles album

like a 14 year old douche is gonna bootleg some gucci mane
Nah it's all a conspiracy to keep brothers down. I'll front; I bootleg 10 of Jay's singles for every "Emenim" album I buy.
 6 years ago '11        #46
GrindPOWER$ 389 heat pts389
space
space
$19,255 | Props total: 12510 12510
you have to have 300k people in ya fan base that's down to cop plus your beginning in the game has to be base on strong promo i mean before you put out a album you have to make sure you have a following with couple blazing singles out the gate so if you can get 300k plus fans to cop your sh*t then all you have to do is convince 200k more that your cd is work coppin....but to beat bootlegging sell your own sh*t i mean sign to a indy but bring couple 100k units will you on your tour and while you on stage rapping have somebody slanging them bi*ches outside after the concert lol
 6 years ago '11        #47
Norcal 78 heat pts78
space
space
$11,808 | Props total: 1191 1191
 DXFan619 said:
What does Adele have to do with anything?

Oh, right, because Adele is hip hop.

Sorry, I forgot.
Be on the lookout for that new Adele rap album

sh*t goes hard!
 6 years ago '07        #48
blackjewelz 
space
space
$5,446 | Props total: 3247 3247
 Kontrast0 said:
Lmao You gotta be American to qualify as "African American"

These numbers are sad though.."selling out" is at an all time high and n*ggas still can't sell lol

Last edited by blackjewelz; 03-07-2012 at 12:19 PM..
 03-15-2012, 02:24 PM         #49
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TESTIFLY88 said:
you have to have 300k people in ya fan base that's down to cop plus your beginning in the game has to be base on strong promo i mean before you put out a album you have to make sure you have a following with couple blazing singles out the gate so if you can get 300k plus fans to cop your sh*t then all you have to do is convince 200k more that your cd is work coppin....but to beat bootlegging sell your own sh*t i mean sign to a indy but bring couple 100k units will you on your tour and while you on stage rapping have somebody slanging them bi*ches outside after the concert lol
Co-sign & No-sign.

Yes its important to have a solid fanbase and your city behind you I agree but bringing 100,000 CD's to slang outside a concert is not as kosher as doing in-store signings were you can get scans for your CD's and take photo-ops & autograph CD's for your fans.

the more hands-on you are and fan friendly you are the more devoted your fans are.

...and when you see artists from these other genres moving mega-units it should inspire you to step your craft up.
 6 years ago '06        #50
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,623 | Props total: 8554 8554
downloading and the music sucks is the reason why.
 6 years ago '05        #51
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,198 | Props total: 15715 15715
For some money is tight, cats out here ain't spending money on CD's like that. Why buy it when you can download it for free?
 03-15-2012, 02:59 PM         #52
Tybigbigguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Graftedgenes said:
Forgive that omission, I don't subscribe to biased journalism during industry discussions.

50-cent did ship Gold in 2007 and 2009.

"Curtis" & "BISD", the latter shipped Gold but maxed out sales wise around 430,000 I believe.
Curtis went platinum tho
 03-15-2012, 03:01 PM         #53
N E R D  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mediafire, megaupload, 4share, etc. I still buy albums though, I lost.
 05-01-2012, 03:20 PM         #54
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wjcorner said:
music lost it's value...consumer's ears went shot, any n*gga with a condenser mic is an "engineer" now, the tracking engineer, mixes the song, then masters it...don't even get me started on the over-compressed bullsh*t they got now...mothafu*kas got used to listening to mp3s instead of .wavs to the point that some of my clients were having me rip youtube beats off the net with a sh*tty encoder so they could rap over them...sh*ts sounded like trash because of all this, people don't really cherish the sound you can(usually) only get from a store bought CD through a proper output chain(quality amps, if you're going digital then great converters, flat monitors and a treated room). so now there is no distinction for the consumer between a professionally pressed CD and some sh*t the CD man passing out at the barbershop or the
[spoiler - click to view]

Yeah that 3 for the $5 is mighty tempting.
 05-01-2012, 04:16 PM         #55
keysersoze0  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
+ a lot of wack a.ss rappers

/thread
 6 years ago '10        #56
Space 2020 14 heat pts14
space
space
$2,757 | Props total: 164 164
Last album I bought was currensy's weekend at bernies and thats because I respect and love his music. If I feel like the artist won't really see the money from me buyin their album then I won't cop.

So basically I only cop music from indie rappers and thats IF I really enjoy and support their music.
 6 years ago '10        #57
Swiph Mix 14 heat pts14
space
space
$426 | Props total: 118 118
 NahLij said:
The music has become disposable. The need for instant gratification is why the piracy has exploded since the bootlegging on the internet became the main way of consuming new music. And everyone is a rapper now. Get a bullsh*t mic and record in your closet to your free program you downloaded and now you a real life rapper. These new people don't have the passion anymore either. Talk to one of these new guys, they make beats or they rap and that's it. There's no love. And it shows and there's no connection. Listen to Mannie Fresh, DJ Quik, Premier, Mike Dean, Kanye West, as producers these guys love the music first. That love is so rare now. So you don't love this, you in it soley for financial reasons, your music has no heart, it's a flash in the pan. Why would I buy that? There's no science to the music any more. And so, the ones who do have love for it tend to get overlooked because they don't make flash in the pan music. And when they go ahead and fall to the pressure and do it, we can all see it's forced and it's weak. Hip Hop needs to be taken back to the streets. Not in a gangster sense but in tune with the community it comes from. At least that's how I see it.
:agreement6:THIS RIGHT HERE.....Co-sign to everything you said sir.

Kingme said:
Don't blame the internet. When napster, winmx, kazaa etc. was poppin, rappers was still going multiplat and diamond.

#1. There are no hip-hop video shows except sucker free Sunday. You're forced to find new hip-hop videos on the internet. When rap videos were played on the box, rap city, yo mtv raps, etc. You just had to turn on the tv to find new hip hop.

#2. Music stores died. These stores died before Megaupload was in effect. Check the correlation between album sells and the death of Sam goody, muisicland, etc. You use to go into malls and they had big cardboard displays of upcoming music, and even if you didn't buy music there at least you knew it was coming out.

#3. Radio. Everything hip-hop on the radio is either techno, r&b, or pop influenced. If you don't like the 10 artist on the radio, how do you find other hip hop that's out there?

They forced hip hop fans to download, how else we suppose to hear it. I'm not buying overpriced sh!t quality cheap mp3s to bang out in my $700 home stereo system and $300 speakers. And I'm not buying an album for the 2 "street tracks" the artist decided to rhyme on.

P.s how do you pay $300 for headphones just to listen to cheap mp3s? fukk the industry

I have to be honest. The last album I purchased was Common. I tried to go to Best Buy to buy MOP's album this past fall and they didn't have it . I was highly pissed off and that is the closest "music store" (off the top of my head). But those are 2 artist that I love. That's why I purchased those 2 CD's (or attempted to buy). There is alot of reasons you could throw into the pot of why artist don't go gold anymore but the first quote probably hits me the most.
I can't
 6 years ago '09        #58
Brainwave 5389 heat pts5389
space
space
$18,418 | Props total: 5 5
must be the music :D
 05-01-2012, 08:09 PM         #59
bigbarcelona  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Personally speaking... I think the reason why people aren't buying CD's let along music anymore (especially in hip hop) is because the quality of music is terrible in all spectrums of music. Today's music is at its worse and only the music industry has itself to blame. They have literally k!ll originality and today, most consumers see these so called "musicians" as a joke. If people are buying albums they're only buying from artist that are establish or that have a good music catalogue (jay z/kanye west watch the throne for instance) or even someone as unique as Adele.

Plus, the internet has been the downfall of the music industry as well. Yes, it's made music available to all of us for free, but at the same time, it hasn't establish a way for people to find out about new upcoming artist. Sure, you got youtube, but in order to find something good, you got it go through a million jackasses in order to get to one good musician. Radio today doesn't help new or local artist get play (thanks again to the music industry and radio consolidation) Plus, the death of stores and music television has play a huge factor as well. Some people would say "you got 106th" but that sh*t is nothing but the radio except with images.

In the end... music today is dead and the industry has itself to blame. They can blame piracy, but in the end, it's the industry fault for not raising it's standards on who they choose to sign and for pushing to creativity.
 6 years ago '06        #60
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,905 | Props total: 7569 7569
 Blacknitro said:
Bullsh*t. Lots people didn't even own a pc back then and the ones that did were on dial up which is slow as sh*t.
Bullsh*t. You know how many people was selling cds made off napster for $5? Everybody knew someone with a good connection and cd burner, you didn't need your own. Computer labs in high school and colleges had the bandwidth. Everyone had computers back then, not laptops and smartphones but gateways and Dells.

Not to mention I still buy the cds I consider art. I don't buy junk. I use to buy bootleg tapes from Africans till n*ggas started selling the napster mix cds, a lot of people did.

Now the itunes sh*t really started k!lling platinum plaques, a lot of people who can buy 4 songs off of an album now are the same ones who would buy a whole cd just to repeatedly listen to the radio single song. The industry fukked itself. Don't go blaming the free trade of information. The internet didn't k!ll music sells the music industry did
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
27 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
276 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Is Harlem World a Classic?
131 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 10 - Donald Trump reportedly watches up to 8 hours of TV every day
56 comments
18 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
65 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nobody pulling out of Jesenia Echeverria :noahohno:
56 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
154 comments
18 hours ago