most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
22 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #21
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,563 | Props total: 5929 5929
I also think part of it is the lack of anticipation. Buying your favorite artist's album used to be an event in itself. Now that seems to be gone as well.
 6 years ago '04        #22
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,449 | Props total: 6518 6518
 ballergenetics said:
here we go again...
this,
and why he say poor curren$y. he don't even care about sales like that. dude averages like 4-6 tapes/albums a year
most rappers want you to go to their shows. if you tour enough you make a decent living doing what you love

with that said im out
 6 years ago '05        #23
hanzo 16 heat pts16
space
space
$4,962 | Props total: 1435 1435
aint sh*t worth buying anymore
 02-19-2012, 08:17 PM         #24
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
this,
and why he say poor curren$y. he don't even care about sales like that. dude averages like 4-6 tapes/albums a year
most rappers want you to go to their shows. if you tour enough you make a decent living doing what you love

with that said im out
You can contribute to the discussion or be a pathetic freak kicking some off-topic nonsense.

He mentioned Curren$y because a rapper as skilled as Curren$y should be going Gold every time he drops.

with that said im out
 02-22-2012, 01:12 PM         #25
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 NahLij said:
The music has become disposable. The need for instant gratification is why the piracy has exploded since the bootlegging on the internet became the main way of consuming new music. And everyone is a rapper now. Get a bullsh*t mic and record in your closet to your free program you downloaded and now you a real life rapper. These new people don't have the passion anymore either. Talk to one of these new guys, they make beats or they rap and that's it. There's no love. And it shows and there's no connection. Listen to Mannie Fresh, DJ Quik, Premier, Mike Dean, Kanye West, as producers these guys love the music first. That love is so rare now. So you don't love this, you in it soley for financial reasons, your music has no heart, it's a flash in the pan. Why would I buy that? There's no science to the music any more. And so, the ones who do have love for it tend to get overlooked because they don't make flash in the pan music. And when they go ahead and fall to the pressure and do it, we can all see it's forced and it's weak. Hip Hop needs to be taken back to the streets. Not in a gangster sense but in tune with the community it comes from. At least that's how I see it.

Righteous postage.

We def need to bring the culture back home and get in tune with the community.
 6 years ago '06        #26
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,928 | Props total: 7616 7616
Don't blame the internet. When napster, winmx, kazaa etc. was poppin, rappers was still going multiplat and diamond.

#1. There are no hip-hop video shows except sucker free Sunday. You're forced to find new hip-hop videos on the internet. When rap videos were played on the box, rap city, yo mtv raps, etc. You just had to turn on the tv to find new hip hop.

#2. Music stores died. These stores died before Megaupload was in effect. Check the correlation between album sells and the death of Sam goody, muisicland, etc. You use to go into malls and they had big cardboard displays of upcoming music, and even if you didn't buy music there at least you knew it was coming out.

#3. Radio. Everything hip-hop on the radio is either techno, r&b, or pop influenced. If you don't like the 10 artist on the radio, how do you find other hip hop that's out there?

They forced hip hop fans to download, how else we suppose to hear it. I'm not buying overpriced sh!t quality cheap mp3s to bang out in my $700 home stereo system and $300 speakers. And I'm not buying an album for the 2 "street tracks" the artist decided to rhyme on.

P.s how do you pay $300 for headphones just to listen to cheap mp3s? fukk the industry
 02-22-2012, 01:40 PM         #27
Sin Loc  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingme said:
Don't blame the internet. When napster, winmx, kazaa etc. was poppin, rappers was still going multiplat and diamond.

#1. There are no hip-hop video shows except sucker free Sunday. You're forced to find new hip-hop videos on the internet. When rap videos were played on the box, rap city, yo mtv raps, etc. You just had to turn on the tv to find new hip hop.

#2. Music stores died. These stores died before Megaupload was in effect. Check the correlation between album sells and the death of Sam goody, muisicland, etc. You use to go into malls and they had big cardboard displays of upcoming music, and even if you didn't buy music there at least you knew it was coming out.

#3. Radio. Everything hip-hop on the radio is either techno, r&b, or pop influenced. If you don't like the 10 artist on the radio, how do you find other hip hop that's out there?

They forced hip hop fans to download, how else we suppose to hear it. I'm not buying overpriced sh!t quality cheap mp3s to bang out in my $700 home stereo system and $300 speakers. And I'm not buying an album for the 2 "street tracks" the artist decided to rhyme on.

P.s how do you pay $300 for headphones just to listen to cheap mp3s? fukk the industry
:agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::agreement6::a greement6::agreement6::agreement6:
 02-22-2012, 02:57 PM         #28
JayDee11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Rofl at "the Peck". Grafted may type some off the wall sh*t at times, but homie is hilarious. Props.
 02-23-2012, 08:29 PM         #29
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingme said:

You made some good points and a well thought out synopsis but I would like to know how you feel in regards to oversaturation and the fact that many of the free Mixtapes are album quality and consumers may feel almost confused between DL your mixtape for free & DL your retail album for free.

My girl is a loyal downloader with her Itunes account because shes one of those chicks that likes yje ritual of buying sh*t with a click and ordering Amazon books and CD's so she can go to the mail box and get a "gift" or some sh*t like a prize when she gets off work, but that sh*t adds up after a while and I wont lie its tempting to spend that $10 on some purp instead of on a CD that may only have 3 good songs..dilema.

Its a really complex issue that requires alot of discussion and some concrete solutions.
 6 years ago '05        #30
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,747 | Props total: 12573 12573
People aren't buying CD's because artist aren't putting out worthy CD's that make fans want to "own" it.

I'm not going to invest money in something that will have very little replay value for me, especially when you can get said product for free.
 02-23-2012, 08:46 PM         #31
FukUrLife187  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you know what the problem is?

if i ask one of the cornballs who copped one of those platinum or gold album's you listed who DMX, Nas or AZ was they would think they were abbreviations

6 years ago '07        #32
cankstoochie 48 heat pts48
space
space
$16,599 | Props total: 1054 1054
one word.... piracy
 02-23-2012, 09:05 PM         #33
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Hold That said:
People aren't buying CD's because artist aren't putting out worthy CD's that make fans want to "own" it.

I'm not going to invest money in something that will have very little replay value for me, especially when you can get said product for free.
I dont believe you

In 2011 I bought these off top:

Charity starts at Home
Greatest Story never Told
Undone
Cole world
Wonder Years
Success is Certain
The Dreamer The Believer
Section 80
Monumental
Gutter Rainbows

Why did you refuse to support good Hiphop and use a weak excuse to justify your piracy?
 02-23-2012, 09:11 PM         #34
FukUrLife187  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Graftedgenes said:
I dont believe you

Charity starts at Home
Undone
Cole world
Wonder Years
Success is Certain
The Dreamer The Believer
Section 80
Monumental
Gutter Rainbows

Why did you refuse to support good Hiphop and use a weak excuse to justify your piracy?
my n*gga
 6 years ago '05        #35
Philly B 41 heat pts41
space
space
$5,570 | Props total: 38 38
free music > paying for music...plain and simple. Free music and movies are just a way of life now. I don't feel guilty about it at all.

I'll support artists if they tour, but I haven't bought an album since The Black Album and probably won't anytime soon.
 6 years ago '10        #36
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,563 | Props total: 5929 5929
 Kingme said:

I disagree with the first one. You know why people were still buying CDs when Napster first came out? Because most people still had dial up. The sh*t used to take forever to download a song. Once connection speeds got better it was a wrap.
 02-23-2012, 09:48 PM         #37
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Papoose said it: "They the reason why the record sales is so low, came up with the download to make the money slow."
 02-23-2012, 10:03 PM         #38
Tybigbigguy  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Lol @ Graftedgenes not putting 50 in the n*ggas that went gold
 6 years ago '05        #39
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,747 | Props total: 12573 12573
 Graftedgenes said:
I dont believe you

Charity starts at Home
Undone
Cole world
Wonder Years
Success is Certain
The Dreamer The Believer
Section 80
Monumental
Gutter Rainbows

I bought 2 CD's of everything you listed, you have to understand, that what you feel might be worthy of purchasing, might not meet my criteria of going out and buying a CD.

Also Piracy has given me the ability to decide whether or not I want to have an authentic copy... I'm sure there are many like myself who like the ability to download first and deciding whether or not to make the investment on the CD, and not just commit to it before listening.

Last edited by Hold That; 02-23-2012 at 10:09 PM..
 02-23-2012, 10:56 PM         #40
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Tybigbigguy said:
Lol @ Graftedgenes not putting 50 in the n*ggas that went gold

Forgive that omission, I don't subscribe to biased journalism during industry discussions.

50-cent did ship Gold in 2007 and 2009.

"Curtis" & "BISD", the latter shipped Gold but maxed out sales wise around 430,000 I believe.

Last edited by Graftedgenes; 02-23-2012 at 11:01 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
100 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
180 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
60 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside 15 Artists That Biggie Wanted To Work With (But Never Got The Chance)
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy