ESPN fires writer for penning racist Jeremy Lin headline; suspends anchor for 30 days

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
40 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
86 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
30 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
63 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #61
bigscore 1632 heat pts1632
space
space
$12,828 | Props total: 17925 17925
 Ricky Towel said:
I bet if it was a headline that said something like "giants win with Reese's n*ggardly moves" a lot of yall would want him fired and wouldn't be calling it the pussification of america.
:agreement6:
 6 years ago '08        #62
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
 Ricky Towel said:
I bet if it was a headline that said something like "giants win with Reese's n*ggardly moves" a lot of yall would want him fired and wouldn't be calling it the pussification of america.

I bet if it was a headline that said something like "giants win with Reese's n*ggardly moves", the same white people in here acting like lin's thing isn't a big deal would be doing the same exact thing in that thread too. except yall pseudo philosophers wouldn't be anywhere to be found in that one
 6 years ago '04        #63
Sabotage 9 heat pts
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 35 35
 Dee Grande said:
so lemme get this straight:

- white people sh*t on lin

- then certain bx members say it's not a big deal

- then other bx members say "if he was black it'd be a big deal," even though every racial thread on this site has people (usually white) belittling the issue at hand

- and now black people are villains for hypothetically defending themselves in imaginary scenarios? what do black people even have to do with this jeremy lin situation? if you're asian and you're upset, then defend yourself it's black people's fault that you're not mad enough?

- meanwhile, the culprits are kicking back sipping lemonade while you're getting butthurt because some imaginary black people are riding harder for themselves than you do for yourself

ironically, these cats who are mad over this lin issue and getting on this "if he was black" sh*t are the same f*ggots always talking about somebody "pulling the race card" whenever it's a thread about a black person getting sh*tted on. funny how yall left this part out. people on here faithfully find a way to trivialize black issues, then yall wanna come in here and get mad at black people because these same white boys who troll the black threads are now trolling the asian threads? or because black people are treating your disrespect the same way you treat theirs? fu*k outta here

dee taking this sh*t to heart.
 6 years ago '08        #64
space
space
 Sabotage said:
dee taking this sh*t to heart.
no i'm not. just discussing the matter like everybody else in here
 6 years ago '07        #65
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6
n*gga you telling me that only ONE person's getting fired for this?

Man their whole damn office was aware of this, and how's the editor getting away scott free? sh*t's foul man. I agree that the headline was poor taste, but they did the man dirty. No way should all punishment fall on him. n*gga had to get the green light to go ahead and run it, what about those n*ggas?

Last edited by Mr. Moses; 02-19-2012 at 07:35 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #66
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,981 | Props total: 4006 4006
 TH35 said:
Yup, and that's all that matters. Its not like it was in the privacy of his home or a casual conversation. Most people don't give a fu*k what you do if its not out there like that.
But even then it's still wrong. Yeah this is BX and we all joke and sh*t, but to say something like that about a race is dumb. Especially when it's about a cool, down-to-earth a.ss dude like Lin.

Ricky Towel said:
 6 years ago '08        #67
Gmo BlaZe 28 heat pts28
space
space
$3,886 | Props total: 676 676
deserved it. white folk always got something to say. fire that anchor too.
 02-19-2012, 07:37 PM         #68
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dee Grande said:

- then other bx members say "if he was black it'd be a big deal," even though every racial thread on this site has people (usually white) belittling the issue at hand

- and now black people are villains for hypothetically defending themselves in imaginary scenarios? what do black people even have to do with this jeremy lin situation? if you're asian and you're upset, then defend yourself it's black people's fault that you're not mad enough?

- meanwhile, the culprits are kicking back sipping lemonade while you're getting butthurt because some imaginary black people are riding harder for themselves than you do for yourself

ironically, these cats who are mad over this lin issue and getting on this "if he was black" sh*t are the same f*ggots always talking about somebody "pulling the race card" whenever it's a thread about a black person getting sh*tted on. funny how yall left this part out. people on here faithfully find a way to trivialize black issues, then yall wanna come in here and get mad at black people because these same white boys who troll the black threads are now trolling the asian threads? or because black people are treating your disrespect the same way you treat theirs? fu*k outta here
not one of those f*ggist can respond to any of this because it is all 100% truth

98% of white people are just as racist today as the where in 1912

Last edited by bigree61; 02-19-2012 at 07:40 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #69
GriffMcfly 22 heat pts22
space
space
$3,500 | Props total: 50 50

6 years ago '11        #70
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
 bigree61 said:
not one of those f*ggist can respond to any of this because it is all 100% truth

Do you post this in every thread? Because it feels like you do.
 6 years ago '08        #71
Eagles All Day 87 heat pts87
space
space
$32,810 | Props total: 12470 12470
 bigree61 said:

And you're just as stupid as you WERE in 1912.

I've seen you post the same sh*t in millions of threads, tell em why you mad.

And props on dude getting fired
 6 years ago '04        #72
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,414 | Props total: 6439 6439
 bigree61 said:

i must know the 2%...and i live in the south
 6 years ago '07        #73
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

chink in armor
 6 years ago '06        #74
Nugen2384 
space
space
$3,573 | Props total: 0 0
 KnicksLost said:
Need an asian's person point of view....is Chink a term used to degrade you guys? Do you find it offensive? If not he aint deserve to get fired
I'm black and chinese and hell yeah its offensive. The funny thing is, the ESPN anchor's wife is asian.
 6 years ago '07        #75
space
space
 Dee Grande said:

GRADE A fu*kING ETHER
 6 years ago '07        #76
space
space
lmfao i'm sitting here reading the post in this thread and i'm trying to figure out how this turned into a fu*k black people and a "if it was about black people you would do this" thread

only on boxden man..
 6 years ago '10        #77
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 Dee Grande said:

truth

even when black people are not the topic, these closet racists love to stir the pot and subtly spew their ignorance and hatred under the mask of "double standard" which completely ignores the historical relevance and importance to these issues

Last edited by Fly Elroy; 02-19-2012 at 08:29 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #78
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
 Pistol Peter said:
lmfao i'm sitting here reading the post in this thread and i'm trying to figure out how this turned into a fu*k black people and a "if it was about black people you would do this" thread

only on boxden man..
because somebody said, people are being overly sensitive which lead to the "if it was a black person....." argument.
 6 years ago '11        #79
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
Max Bretos@mbretosESPNReply

My wife is Asian, would never intentionally say anything to disrespect her and that community.

Feel kind of bad for the dude, clearly didn't mean it in any way to be a racial slur.

Last edited by maxnn; 02-19-2012 at 08:43 PM..
 6 years ago '08        #80
space
space
 Pistol Peter said:

only on boxden man..
me too

white people getting mad at imaginary black people because asians are getting sh*tted on by white people? wtf
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
100 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
136 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
84 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
69 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
296 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Dear Santa, you are a b!tch n!gga. Sincerely yours, the Santa Stalker.
39 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joyner Lucas responds back to criticisms of “I’m not racist”
103 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy