ESPN fires writer for penning racist Jeremy Lin headline; suspends anchor for 30 days

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
31 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-19-2012, 03:23 PM         #41
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stxbreed said:
i promise ill bust yo sh*t wide open and thats on everythang
the internet is like liquor to them....it just gives them courage bra....thats all it is....i know 9 times out of 10 he wouldnt say this in person so i just let it ride
 6 years ago '07        #42
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,790 | Props total: 14597 14597
 S0ap said:
every race has some sort of racist saying. check out

[pic - click to view]

Eastwood says pretty much every racial slur possible
"Puss-cake"

that was the funniest line in the movie.
 6 years ago '09        #43
ultimaforce 6 heat pts
space
space
$682 | Props total: 99 99
bunch of badasses on this forum
 6 years ago '04        #44
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6514 6514
 KnicksLost said:
Need an asian's person point of view....is Chink a term used to degrade you guys? Do you find it offensive? If not he aint deserve to get fired
 SmooveDude said:
i never knew asians had a specific name that people called emi thought people calling them all chinese was the worst it could be
yea chink is probably the worse one. just nobody uses it really the anchor probably didn't think about it when he said it. just reading off of notes(which he could of got off the espn site) and teleprompters and all that.

the writer had time to think about what he wrote. i thought he was just going to be fined and/or suspended. oh well
 6 years ago '04        #45
AnthonyCruz 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,828 | Props total: 2 2
I say n*gga, Chink, f*ggot all the time but c'mon, you have to be professional. You can't have that in a headline. It's unacceptable.
 6 years ago '04        #46
nobody 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,273 | Props total: 1039 1039
If Lin wasnt Asian that headline would have been fine. However since he is Asian, that can be read two ways, one way is a racist way.

The guy who wrote it prolly was not trying to be racist but since that word as dual meanings with one of the meanings being derogatory, he should have nvr used it.
 6 years ago '06        #47
Gd_UP 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,509 | Props total: 93 93
 nobody said:
If Lin wasnt Asian that headline would have been fine. However since he is Asian, that can be read two ways, one way is a racist way.

The guy who wrote it prolly was not trying to be racist but since that word as dual meanings with one of the meanings being derogatory, he should have nvr used it.
so saying 'chink in the armor' was coincidental? :rolleyes:

too sensitive? maybe. HORRIBLE judgement on the writer's part? absolutely.
 6 years ago '04        #48
LordBlanco|M 50 heat pts50
space
space
$35,056 | Props total: 19900 19900
Dudes really don't know that Chink is equivalent to Niqqer?

Roll up on a group of Asians and call em chinks and see if they laugh with ya.
 6 years ago '07        #49
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 AnthonyCruz said:
I say n*gga, Chink, f*ggot all the time but c'mon, you have to be professional. You can't have that in a headline. It's unacceptable.
Yup, and that's all that matters. Its not like it was in the privacy of his home or a casual conversation. Most people don't give a fu*k what you do if its not out there like that.
 6 years ago '11        #50
superio06 
space
space
space
$155 | Props total: 0 0
 shadow1 said:
every one is so damn sensitive now holy sh*t
/thread
 6 years ago '10        #51
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,552 | Props total: 199 199
 SmooveDude said:
i never knew asians had a specific name that people called emi thought people calling them all chinese was the worst it could be
do u live under a rock?
nips
gooks
slopes
zipperheads
slant eye
yellow

etc
 6 years ago '04        #52
bransonsaks 
space
space
$477 | Props total: 76 76
Chino in the armour is the correct term not kink so it could be seen as a mistake. Chink is a narrow crack or something by definition. But how it made it that far without a editor shutting it down for sounding to close is amazing
 02-19-2012, 05:31 PM         #53
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
ESPN has been pushing the envelope for a while now, they're competing against uncensored input from websites all over.
 6 years ago '06        #54
Loco Poe 
space
space
$2,544 | Props total: 731 731
 SmooveDude said:
over a headline tho...these n*gga lin finna be out the league in 2 years max
 6 years ago '11        #55
illprem 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,182 | Props total: 76 76
If a phrase had a double meaning and was offensive to black people, we would have a 600+ post thread about it, with people calling for the offender to receive a life sentence in prison. But since he's Asian, we'll just downplay it as the "pussification" of America.
 6 years ago '07        #56
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 illprem said:
If a phrase had a double meaning and was offensive to black people, we would have a 600+ post thread about it, with people calling for the offender to receive a life sentence in prison. But since he's Asian, we'll just downplay it as the "pussification" of America.
for real some ppl on here are complete hypocrites

Last edited by TH35; 02-19-2012 at 05:57 PM..
 02-19-2012, 05:55 PM         #57
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DelbertMengel said:
do u live under a rock?
nips
gooks
slopes
zipperheads
slant eye
yellow

etc
no it just aint many asians where ive lived or grew up...and the few that i did grow up around acted black so
 02-19-2012, 06:03 PM         #58
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TH35 said:
"Puss-cake"

that was the funniest line in the movie.

[video - click to view]

"Get me another beer dragon lady"

But its considered "funny" with asians. Change the asians to black people and this site would implode
 6 years ago '07        #59
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
 Cheeze said:

"Get me another beer dragon lady"

But its considered "funny" with asians. Change the asians to black people and this site would implode
the only reason why I found this movie funny (except the end) was because its like Clint Eastwood was playing himself... although he's not racist. He just seems like an old angry guy for real. "Puss-cake" just k!lled it for me though, because I never heard it ppl just say you're a pus*y, but puss-cake
 6 years ago '08        #60
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
so lemme get this straight:

- white people sh*t on lin

- then certain bx members say it's not a big deal

- then other bx members say "if he was black it'd be a big deal," even though every racial thread on this site has people (usually white) belittling the issue at hand

- and now black people are villains for hypothetically defending themselves in imaginary scenarios? what do black people even have to do with this jeremy lin situation? if you're asian and you're upset, then defend yourself it's black people's fault that you're not mad enough?

- meanwhile, the culprits are kicking back sipping lemonade while you're getting butthurt because some imaginary black people are riding harder for themselves than you do for yourself

ironically, these cats who are mad over this lin issue and getting on this "if he was black" sh*t are the same f*ggots always talking about somebody "pulling the race card" whenever it's a thread about a black person getting sh*tted on. funny how yall left this part out. people on here faithfully find a way to trivialize black issues, then yall wanna come in here and get mad at black people because these same white boys who troll the black threads are now trolling the asian threads? or because black people are treating your disrespect the same way you treat theirs? fu*k outta here
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
188 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
76 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
22 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago