ESPN fires writer for penning racist Jeremy Lin headline; suspends anchor for 30 days

most viewed right now
NBA Nas got the last laugh
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 12 - The Alabama Special Election Live
400 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Article inside 10 Songs That Biggie Recorded But No One Has Found
15 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
rikedizzle 
space
space
$6,792 | Props total: 676 676
 Maroon_Tiger said:
and they say race plays no part in the lin spectacle?!
who says that
 02-19-2012, 02:12 PM         #22
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BigAssTree said:
Look here, NOBODY saw this coming. But to say a player will be out of the league in 2 years MAX with no solid backing is just plain stupid because dude is balling. And why are people bringing up AVERAGES at this point of his career? Dude has started 7 games, the averages will definitely be inflated, or are you too bird-brained to understand that?

Turnovers just come with the territory when you're just starting to get the insane amount of playing time he's currently getting and play the role of floor general; not to mention him driving to the bucket all the time. Let's not act like dude hasn't been getting double teamed off the pick, as well. Dude is a playmaker and he's gonna be out of the league in 2 years? Making stupid comments like that...YOU go sit down somewhere, LOL.
floor general who's turnovers have been because of terrible decision making? whats the point of havin 8 a.ssists when you gon have 6-7 turnovers...but iight youll see...n*gga gonna start gettin cooked night in and night out and i wont even say i told you so
 6 years ago '07        #23
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
Need an asian's person point of view....is Chink a term used to degrade you guys? Do you find it offensive? If not he aint deserve to get fired
 02-19-2012, 02:16 PM         #24
SmooveDude 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KnicksLost said:
Need an asian's person point of view....is Chink a term used to degrade you guys? Do you find it offensive? If not he aint deserve to get fired
i never knew asians had a specific name that people called emi thought people calling them all chinese was the worst it could be
 6 years ago '10        #25
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,311 | Props total: 1963 1963
thats fu*ked up that they fired him. hope it wasnt any of the anchors that i like
 6 years ago '07        #26
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 NEWENGLANDNEGRO said:
If Lin was black ESPN would have given the guy a raise and a pat on the back.
yo shut da fu*k up...if a white person said n*gga or that sh*t was in a headline....NAACP would of been on there door steps
 6 years ago '11        #27
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
If the writer was black, would it be appropriate to say that he got LINched?
 6 years ago '07        #28
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
 27Lives said:
Damn.. nobody deserved to be fired.
Yea they did. ESPN wants to keep the little bit of journalist integrity that they have.
 6 years ago '11        #29
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
Did they fire dude that said Roger Gooddell was a father figure for black players?
 6 years ago '06        #30
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4001 4001
Good decision and expected.

Cap Peeler said:
The pussification of america continues

Over fu*king sensitive people
You're dumb. This is bigger than just a headline. He's the first Asian American of his kind. This is marketing, racism allegations, image issues, global ties, etc. Also, that term was derogatory. Period. We should be embracing and accepting this nice change, not putting it down. That goes for the other little sh*ts who agreed with you too.

Last edited by Storchaveli; 02-19-2012 at 03:10 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #31
maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
 HipHop Since 93 said:
Did they fire dude that said Roger Gooddell was a father figure for black players?
No, they gave him an extension last december. But it is two different situations.
 6 years ago '04        #32
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,159 | Props total: 9587 9587
good sh*t. He deserved to lose his job
 02-19-2012, 03:05 PM         #33
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Special Edd said:
Exactly sabotage if it was something about black person yall would be going ham 20 pages deep stfu pussies all of yall lmaoooo everything is never a big deal when it doesn't have nothing to do with you stupid ******s. ronnie dont exuse me SPELLING NI99ER fu*kING COONS HERE NEED TO DIE AND BURN.
go outside and call any black man that you see a n*gga **** and see how cute it is

or go and k!ll some coons and n*ggas since you are so hardcore you coward

since you are a s3xual abuse victum we will forgive you because you dont know ant better
 6 years ago '07        #34
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14588 14588
 Storchaveli said:
Good decision and expected.

You're dumb. This is bigger than just a headline. He's the first Asian American of his kind. This is marketing, racism allegations, image issues, global ties, etc. Also, that term was derogatory. Period. We should embracing and accepting this nice change, not putting it down. That goes for the other little sh*ts who agreed with you too.
Exactly, if you're running a business why the fu*k would you want to offend anyone who supports you? I hope none of you that back this sh*t own business you'd be out of it quick if you let sh*t like this slide. You'd lose a lot of money.

maxnn said:
No, they gave him an extension last december. But it is two different situations.
Definitely different there are black players that even call coaches in high school father figures .
 6 years ago '11        #35
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
This seriously bothers me so I'm going to outlay my anger here in this post :angry14:
 6 years ago '04        #36
Tastemaker331 46 heat pts46
space
space
$39,159 | Props total: 9587 9587
 KnicksLost said:
I'm not asian so I can't really answer that question but one of my friends growing up was the son of 2 Chinese immigrants. I remember one day this kid called him a chink. My boy LOST IT and beat the hell out of dude. Rage like I've never seen
 6 years ago '07        #37
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
 SmooveDude said:
i never knew asians had a specific name that people called emi thought people calling them all chinese was the worst it could be
every race has some sort of racist saying. check out

[pic - click to view]

Eastwood says pretty much every racial slur possible
 6 years ago '06        #38
Storchaveli 94 heat pts94
space
space
$27,979 | Props total: 4001 4001
 NEWENGLANDNEGRO said:
If Lin was black ESPN would have given the guy a raise and a pat on the back.
Another idiot. Looking at your avy, it doesn't surprise me. It's usually the racially sensitive negros who have sh*t like that.
 02-19-2012, 03:10 PM         #39
bigree61 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Universal Mind said:

I remember the article about the black guy who made a racist comment to an Asian store owner, telling him to go back to his country...all because he had an issue with the price of gas. Then the Asian man told him to go back to Africa. Next thing you know, the whole ignorant part of the community began to protest the man's store. Can you say double standard?

I point that out on here all the time, but according to these coons on here, I'm an "Uncle Tom" for speaking the truth.
so you agree with a white coward that wants all black people to die and burn but other black men are the coons and you are not a uncle tom

fu*king house n*gga scum
 6 years ago '09        #40
stxbreed 
space
space
$2,433 | Props total: 214 214
 Special Edd said:
Exactly sabotage if it was something about black person yall would be going ham 20 pages deep stfu pussies all of yall lmaoooo everything is never a big deal when it doesn't have nothing to do with you stupid ******s. ronnie dont exuse me SPELLING NI99ER fu*kING COONS HERE NEED TO DIE AND BURN.
i promise ill bust yo sh*t wide open and thats on everythang
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
51 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
220 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
194 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
148 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
323 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
151 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
63 comments
24 hours ago