Not only is LeBron the frontrunner for MVP, he's having one of the greatest seasons in NBA history

most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
31 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
75 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
109 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Minnesota with lime green uniforms tonight -- yay or nay?
16 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
17906 pageviews
476 comments

Motion 817 heat pts817
space
space
$19,231 | Props total: 1659 1659
Not only is LeBron the frontrunner for MVP, he's having one of the greatest seasons in NBA history

Not only is LeBron James the frontrunner for MVP, he's having one of the greatest seasons in NBA history
Updated: February 15, 2012, 11:25 pm
Alex Kennedy
NBA Writer

[pic - click to view]

LINK:
[pic - click to view]

NBA PM: LeBron Having Best Season Ever? | HOOPSWORLD | Basketball News & NBA Rumors

Jeremy Lin has exceeded all expectations, Chris Paul has revitalized a franchise and Kobe Bryant has turned back the clock to lead the league in scoring. The 2011-12 NBA season has been full of excitement, but arguably the most intriguing storyline of all has received little attention.

LeBron James is having one of the greatest seasons in NBA history.

James has been absolutely outstanding on both ends of the court, averaging 28.2 points, 8.2 rebounds and 6.9 a.ssists. He carried the Miami Heat when Dwyane Wade was sidelined with an ankle sprain. Miami currently holds the second seed in the Eastern Conference and James deserves a lot of credit for the team’s early success. After being criticized for disappearing during the 2011 NBA Finals, the 27-year-old has certainly made his presence felt this season.

James’ Player Efficiency Rating is currently 32.39, which is by far the highest in the league. By comparison, Chris Paul has the second-best PER in the NBA at 26.85. That’s a difference of 5.54, which is astronomical when discussing PER. That’s the difference between stars and role players, the gap between Carmelo Anthony (20.34) and Jonas Jerebko (14.80). James is on a tier of his own right now, with the rest of the NBA’s elite players looking up to him.

Not only is James leading the league, he’s actually on pace to break Michael Jordan’s single-season PER record. Jordan set the all-time mark of 31.89 during the 1987-88 season, when he averaged 35 points, 5.9 a.ssists and 5.5 rebounds. The league didn’t start tracking individual turnovers until the 1973-74 season so there isn’t enough information to include players like Wilt Chamberlain and Oscar Robertson.

Jordan’s 31.89 mark has only been challenged once in recent years, when James posted a PER of 31.69 during his 2008-09 MVP season. Shaquille O’Neal, Kobe Bryant and Larry Bird were each more than a point shy of Jordan during their best seasons.

While James’ 32.39 mark is impressive, it’s actually down from last month when his PER was 34.25. That’s off the charts and shows just how dominant James has been throughout the course of this season. James is spending more time in the post, which allows him to better use his size and strength to his advantage. He is shooting a career-high 54.7 percent from the field, the sixth-highest percentage in the league.

The general consensus around the league is that James is leading the MVP race. The argument that James and Wade cancel each other out is no longer valid. While the way he went about leaving the Cleveland Cavaliers hurt his image, it shouldn’t be held against him when determining the league’s MVP.

James is the first one to admit that he had no shot at winning the award last season. With his departure fresh in everyone’s mind, he was the villain. He received just four first-place votes during last year’s voting.

“The change from Cleveland to Miami wasn’t going to allow me to win the MVP,” James told HoopsHype in August. “I got a chance [this year]. But they made me take a year off.”

Now, James is having the best year of his career and one of the greatest seasons of all-time. Love him or hate him, the numbers show that he has elevated his game to an unprecedented level in the NBA’s modern era. There’s no shortage of storylines in the NBA this year, but few are better than the historically great season that James is having.

[pic - click to view]

476 comments for "Not only is LeBron the frontrunner for MVP, he's having one of the greatest seasons in NBA history"

6 years ago '05        #2
Rubix 
space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
Not to take anything away from Lebrons accomplishment but PER is a joke of a stat. That is all.
 6 years ago '11        #3
KING JAYY 535 heat pts535
space
space
$52,304 | Props total: 20031 20031
Yea lebron is having a great season, the most amazing thing is how easy he is making it look.

Last edited by KING JAYY; 02-19-2012 at 12:56 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #4
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
Lebron been stinking it up out there
 6 years ago '08        #5
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,965 | Props total: 7376 7376
fu*k Per dudes shooting like 54 % from the field. and averaging like 27 pts per game. Tho he benefits from playing with Wade and Bosh thats an amazing feat in itself.
 6 years ago '05        #6
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
space
$15,424 | Props total: 4764 4764
James’ Player Efficiency Rating is currently 32.39, which is by far the highest in the league. By comparison, Chris Paul has the second-best PER in the NBA at 26.85. That’s a difference of 5.54, which is astronomical when discussing PER. That’s the difference between stars and role players, the gap between Carmelo Anthony (20.34) and Jonas Jerebko (14.80).
 6 years ago '08        #7
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
I just want him to have a great post season leading us to a ring.
 6 years ago '07        #8
Mr.NYCinNC 33 heat pts33
space
space
$9,902 | Props total: 2280 2280
 YoungRay20 said:
I just want him to have a great post season leading us to a ring.
which is why all of this means nothing

each year its a new stat for lebron fans

just get them what they want and more importantly what you want, A DAMN RING
 6 years ago '07        #9
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
$38,313 | Props total: 10062 10062
he carried the Heat by himself??? When?
 02-18-2012, 11:22 PM         #10
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mastahkillah said:

Heat fans already got a ring from Wade. Obviously we want more but that doesn't diminish what he's doing or make us appreciate it less I don't think

Never was really a fan of his till he helped the Heat beat the Celtics and Bulls last season but I didn't dislike him either.

Dude's just a beast out there.

And nearly 55% FG is just absurd.
 6 years ago '08        #11
YoungRay20 290 heat pts290
space
space
$27,687 | Props total: 6823 6823
 mastahkillah said:

Amen, I wonder how blind Lebron stans are. I see the same guy from the past 3 years. Always looking good in the regular season. I like bron but tired of hearing how good he is every season in the regular season.
 6 years ago '07        #12
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
why are people so impressed by 55%? What does it really mean? Someone put me on
 6 years ago '07        #13
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 The Bully said:
when the heat win the title this year and lebron finally shows up in the finals, it will cap off one of the greatest individual seasons for any player in history and solidify him amongst the greats

it will also lead to cambury having a massive stroke which will leave him paralyzed and unable to eat and type, both of which will serve humanity well
lebron won't win a ring until Kobe is dead...

I hope you dont know any Russians
 6 years ago '07        #14
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 The Bully said:
of course a kobe stan wouldnt be familiar with 55%. they praise him when he shoots 45%, the notion of a perimeter player shooting 55% is unfathomable to them

and let's make a bet. if the heat dont win the title this year, no more fat jokes. if they do, you have to lose 50 pounds
hahahahahaahahahhaahaha
 02-18-2012, 11:39 PM         #15
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cambury said:
why are people so impressed by 55%? What does it really mean? Someone put me on
maybe cause the people in front of him on the list are almost all centers; therefore, most them don't shoot very far away from the basket so their FG % is inflated.

LeBron also has nearly 200 more attempts than all of them as well and is still nearly at the top of the leagues highest FG % level.

For comparison top 3 FGA leaders -

Kobe - 718
Durant - 577
Bron - 555

FG %

Bron - 54.7% - 8th
Durant - 50.8% - 20th
Kobe - 44% - 67th

6 years ago '07        #16
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 Cheeze said:
maybe cause the people in front of him on the list are almost all centers; therefore, most them don't shoot very far away from the basket so their FG % is inflated.

LeBron also has nearly 200 more attempts than all of them as well and is still nearly at the top of the leagues highest FG % level.

For comparison top 3 FGA leaders -

Kobe - 718
Durant - 577
Bron - 555

FG %

Bron - 54.7% - 8th
Durant - 50.8% - 20th
Kobe - 44% - 67th

what does it mean though? Like is he a better shooter than Durant and Kobe now? I have been missing alot of NBA this season...
 6 years ago '08        #17
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
 Cambury said:
what does it mean though? Like is he a better shooter than Durant and Kobe now? I have been missing alot of NBA this season...
It doesnt mean much at all. It only means that he is a better shot selector than Kobe and Durant. For the simple fact that he lacks confidence in his outside game. He knows hes better near the paint, so why not go there?

The bad and good about KB and KD is that, though the selection maybe bad, but their confidence to make every shot they take is undeniable. Meaning those shots can still be made and are made.
 6 years ago '07        #18
joshdogg26 193 heat pts193
space
space
$34,394 | Props total: 13067 13067
 The Bully said:
of course a kobe stan wouldnt be familiar with 55%. they praise him when he shoots 45%, the notion of a perimeter player shooting 55% is unfathomable to them

and let's make a bet. if the heat dont win the title this year, no more fat jokes. if they do, you have to lose 50 pounds
sounds like a win/win for cambury
 6 years ago '07        #19
Cambury 39 heat pts39
space
space
 GrownmanJ said:
It doesnt mean much at all. It only means that he is a better shot selector than Kobe and Durant. For the simple fact that he lacks confidence in his outside game. He knows hes better near the paint, so why not go there?

The bad and good about KB and KD is that, though the selection maybe bad, but their confidence to make every shot they take is undeniable. Meaning those shots can still be made and are made.
oh ok. So Kobe and Durant take worse shots than Lebron, so basically Lebron can shoot but he is so unstoppable he rather not. I guess the Heat will be unbeatable in the playoffs
 6 years ago '08        #20
GrownmanJ 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,888 | Props total: 3 3
 Cambury said:
oh ok. So Kobe and Durant take worse shots than Lebron, so basically Lebron can shoot but he is so unstoppable he rather not. I guess the Heat will be unbeatable in the playoffs
You not comprehending kinfolk. KB and KD do take more difficult shots than Bron. But they can make those shots they take. If Bron had the same shot selection as them, his FG% would be trash...
Home      

most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
69 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
195 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
78 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
77 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
33 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
pocaahantus
25 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 15 - California Warns People to Limit Exposure to Cellphones
31 comments
1 day ago