Why hasn't Rick Ross gone plat? Yet?

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
23 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-18-2012, 06:10 PM         #61
Mom'sGreat  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Marvin Hagler said:
aye can a pimp clear this up once and for all mayne? peep game & pay attention

white folks = 223 million deep
black folks = 39 million deep

so when a major corporation (record label) markets musical products (artists/albums) to consumers (rap fans) aint da majority of consumer finna be white based on americas demographics? hell yea muhfu*kas dont be thinkin mayne
:agreement6: great logic
 02-18-2012, 06:12 PM         #62
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DXFan619 said:
Everyone just gonna ignore this?

[pic - click to view]

Everybody smart enough to have Google in 2012
 6 years ago '04        #63
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 TheMob said:

My thread got fu*ked.

ok. to get this thing back on track i going to say the same thing i said yesterday. he just don't have a cross over hit. he attempted at a few by having platinum r&b singers/nikki minaj on it but he never had one. he got everything else. he got buzz,major people in rap behind him. he just doesn't have that one song that had billboard 100 on smash and that's why he hasn't gone over the hump. j.cole went gold off of pure fan base(which might not be as big as ross's) and 1 single that did real well. ross already got the fan base just not the single

i also said the perception of him is bigger than what it actually is
 6 years ago '05        #64
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
 Graftedgenes said:
I should have said 50-Cent music from 2003.

I got Lauryn Hill, Nas and alot of other timeless music in my Ipod but 50-Cent music is disposable which is why his fanbase has dwindled and he cant release an album of material.

I got some D'angelo, from way back and certain Playlists with old school Jigga and Nas but 50 has become so wiggerized that his music just comes off as corny to me.

I might not be alone in my a.ssesssment because if you look at his career not to many rappers even want to vibe with him and not too many producers want to vibe with him so its obvious that he aint got that MOJO that the buzzin artists do.

So you don't like 50 because wiggers used to like his music. I work in a town full of wiggers and I have never heard even one of them listening to 50 in the past couple of years.

Guess who I always hear them listening to tho?

ROZAY.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #65
Veno da Don 23 heat pts23
space
space
$20,192 | Props total: 3340 3340
Damn you can't mention Ross without Jeezy taking over the discussion.

Jeezy won.

Ross isn't plat because he doesn't have that pop star appeal, his singles don't cross over and top the charts.
 02-18-2012, 06:12 PM         #66
TheMob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Marvin Hagler said:
aye dont trip u doin numbers breh and numbers matter on Bx when it comes to Rauce :mj2:

but NOT when it comes to YMCMB. who cares bout platinum albums? :rant:

02-18-2012, 06:19 PM         #67
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
Negro please, you & I both know that females don't roam this section like that. And even if they did the discrepancy between the number of males to females here is huge. The fact remains you'll see more pics of dudes than you will of females...

Nah, I rep for whoever is in my avy when they're there. Prior to Yeezy it was K.R.I.T., before him it was Nas. Wayne is my trending artist right now so the avy will change soon.

Thought I told you to drop this, clearly you don't know what you're talking about...
Be careful who you call a "Negro" ya pink-toe.

Still waiting for that Pic of JEEZY plaque for "The Recession" that you have failed to provide.

Its 2012 and we checked the RIAA website and there is no platinum certification for "The Recession" so either Jeezy fooled you because you are naive or else his Wikipedia page that you like to quote is correct when they said he was only Gold.

But back to the thread topic:

ROSS will NEVER go platinum but I promise you that the Black Eyed Peas will.

When a rapper caters his music to his own people like Ross does you cant expect platinum status but if you cater your music to whites like 50-cent did on "Curtis" then you should expect platinum status.
 02-18-2012, 06:21 PM         #68
JayDee11  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
That n*gga Ross got the worst online fanbase by far. n*ggas got an excuse for everything..
 6 years ago '11        #69
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Graftedgenes said:
NEGRO I'm darker than you are...

Graftedgenes said:
Still waiting for that Pic of JEEZY plaque for "The Recession" that you have failed to provide.
When I find one you'll either say its fake or ignore it, just like the sh*t you ducked from DXFan. If you want a pic so bad I'm sure you have a twitter account so ask him for it ya damn self...

Graftedgenes said:
Its 2012 and we checked the RIAA website and there is no platinum certification for "The Recession" so either Jeezy fooled you because you are naive or else his Wikipedia page that you like to quote is correct when they said he was only Gold.
You've been proven wrong on this multiple times now, I'm done playin this game with you. Keep telling yourself that you're "intelligent" and that you use "common sense", maybe it'll come to fruition one day but it's certainly not true now...
 6 years ago '09        #70
Jacc Blacc 55 heat pts55
space
space
$25,316 | Props total: 7974 7974
 Graftedgenes said:

Give Ross points he uses his own image and not the image of pre-teen metro-s3xuals in his avatar

metros3xual????? thats prodigy in my av......one of the realest emcees to ever touch a mic f*ggot
 6 years ago '04        #71
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:

But back to the thread topic:

ROSS will NEVER go platinum but I promise you that the Black Eyed Peas will.

When a rapper caters his music to his own people like Ross does you cant expect platinum status but if you cater your music to whites like 50-cent did on "Curtis" then you should expect platinum status.
so let me get this straight. when you say he cater his music to white people on curtis im guessing you talking about ayo technology

which is produced by timbaland

who said that ross is an reincarnated big

ross already got nikki singing choruses on a track. might of hit up timbaland on the set for some help with gfid

he is about to make the jump

you mean neyo,rkelly,tpain,john legend who are platinum selling artists couldn't help. he has to get a track from a "pop artist" to do it
 02-18-2012, 06:28 PM         #72
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Str8 outta Cuse said:
So you don't like 50 because wiggers used to like his music. I work in a town full of wiggers and I have never heard even one of them listening to 50 in the past couple of years.

Guess who I always hear them listening to tho?

ROZAY.

[pic - click to view]

I have nothing against Wiggers, ya'll cool peoples I guess.

I can simply go on YOUTUBE and look at the covers that people do and show you what type of music you guys prefer.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

So im not going to post random pics, Im going to show you the actual type of fans attracted to certain artists and certain music.

ROZAY going platinum is like Reakwon, Project Pat, Styles P, Trae the Truth, Yo Gotti, or Meek Mills going platinum, we aint trying to make them type of records and cater to the buying demographic to include you in the fanbase bruh.
 6 years ago '08        #73
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,582 | Props total: 17255 17255
stupid fools falling for the fake sh*t, he ain't no big selling rapper you f*gs, he just sells himself like a big rapper when he isn't at all. This idiot still hasn't sold more then Tony Yayo who only had 1 album, Ross been doing below 200K in a week numbers with all his albums, TONY YAYO PLATINUM and the fake a.ss cop still seeking that? yaaa that says it all.

Last edited by The N; 02-18-2012 at 06:36 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #74
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:

I can simply go on YOUTUBE and look at the covers that people do and show you what type of music you guys prefer.

So im not going to post random pics, Im going to show you the actual type of fans attracted to certain artists and certain music.

ROZAY going platinum is like Reakwon, Project Pat, Styles P, Trae the Truth, Yo Gotti, or Meek Mills going platinum, we aint trying to make them type of records and cater to the buying demographic to include you in the fanbase bruh.

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #75
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,876 | Props total: 13668 13668
 Graftedgenes said:

mane u can chill wit comparing ross to them other rappers. they are nothing like ralse and some have actually went platinum.

02-18-2012, 06:40 PM         #76
Millerionaire87  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Graftedgenes said:
I'm an intelligent man so I use common sense.

If Jeezy posts pics of his two individual solo platinum plaques for TM101 & The Inspiration then I believe he's platinum.

If the RIAA who award certifications have it listed on their website that TM101 & the Inspiration are both platinum and that The Recsession & TM103 are both Gold then I believe that those albums went Gold and Platinum.

The sad thing about you is that you can't provide any evidence of a platinum solo certification for The Recession and Jeezy can't either other than a collage that Def Jam made.
bruh just drop it...jeezy 1st three albums went platinum plus...tm103 is going to be plat too
 02-18-2012, 06:42 PM         #77
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
so let me get this straight. when you say he cater his music to white people on curtis im guessing you talking about ayo technology

which is produced by timbaland

who said that ross is an reincarnated big

ross already got nikki singing choruses on a track. might of hit up timbaland on the set for some help with gfid

he is about to make the jump

you mean neyo,rkelly,tpain,john legend who are platinum selling artists couldn't help. he has to get a track from a "pop artist" to do it
I can break it down real simple for the simple-minded.

When was the last time you saw three white boys on a hiphop album?

You got Justin Timberlake, Robin Thicke, Emenim, and a pus*yCat doll on a rap album and some clueless outsiders cant even see how thats catering to a certain demographic?????

I guess some people are to stupid to see when they are being pandered and catered to..

Id rather hear Nicki on a chorus instead of:

T.I. feat Christina Aguleria
Gucci Mane feat V-nasty
Jeezy feat Emenim
Lupe feat Skylar Grey
Dr Dre feat Skylar Grey
2-ChainZ feat Kreayshawn
JayZ feat Mr Hudson
50-cent feat Justin Timberlake
Kanye feat Bon Iver
B.O.B feat Hayley Williams
LiL Wayne feat Bruno Mars

But see thats the bamboozle of the business and thats how you dupe the guppies from the buying demographic into buying your records you grab a white POP-tart and throw it out there so the guppies say 'Look dude we are a part of the movement to"!!

White-wash the culture, white-wash your music and you might go Platinum or Gold or you can do a Wale and just make music for your people and max out at 300,000.

J Rob said:
going gold is a major accomplishment nowadays......especially for a hip hop artist. This isn't the early/mid 00s anymore, back when 1x Platinum was considered "good, not great" and weed carriers like Bleek, Yayo, Murphy Lee, etc could easily go gold.
3 rappers went platinum in 2011
4 rappers went Gold in 2011

If Ross wants to get that Vanilla Ice/ Emenim money then he better start embracing some POP artists and white folks.
 MONSTALOCC said:

mane u can chill wit comparing ross to them other rappers. they are nothing like ralse and some have actually went platinum.

I posted rappers that he has worked with and done songs with.

Thats the Gift and the Curse.

If he goes platinum then it means he has crossed over into your demographic and he would lose his hardcore fans.

Millerionaire87 said:
bruh just drop it...jeezy 1st three albums went platinum plus...tm103 is going to be plat too
I actually want you to believe that because it shows that the power and influence of HipHop is stronger than logic and reasoning.

Last edited by Graftedgenes; 02-18-2012 at 06:51 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #78
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,876 | Props total: 13668 13668
 TedMundy said:
Promotes nothing but lies and negativity in his music when he worked for the goverment.He is a below average rapper that repeats the same lines 4 times a verse and did i mention he doesn't know how to tell a story? He is garbage ,carried by beats and he wont ever win a Grammy or go platinum. Btw you left Andre 3000 out, he is a platinum rapper.
i agree with most of this but ross in not below average
 6 years ago '05        #79
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,453 | Props total: 25147 25147
 Graftedgenes said:

...Hate To Break It To You But Project Pat's Mista Dont Play Went Platinum. Try Again....
 6 years ago '04        #80
space
space
 Graftedgenes said:
I can break it down real simple for the simple-minded.

When was the last time you saw three white boys on a hiphop album?

You got Justin Timberlake, Robin Thicke, Emenim, and a pus*yCat doll on a rap album and some clueless outsiders cant even see how thats catering to a certain demographic?????

I guess some people are to stupid to see when they are being pandered and catered to..

Id rather hear Nicki on a chorus instead of:

T.I. feat Christina Aguleria
Gucci Mane feat V-nasty
Jeezy feat Emenim
Lupe feat Skylar Grey
Dr Dre feat Skylar Grey
2-ChainZ feat Kreayshawn
JayZ feat Mr Hudson
50-cent feat Justin Timberlake
Kanye feat Bon Iver
B.O.B feat Hayley Williams
LiL Wayne feat Bruno Mars

White-wash the culture, white-wash your music and you might go Platinum or Gold or you can do a Wale and just make music for your people and max out at 300,000.
ok lets see how well these songs did

T.I. feat Christina Aguleria-not an single. worse selling album since i'm serious. already multi platinum artist
Gucci Mane feat V-nasty-that album sold 10-20k. gucci sold more when he is by himself.
Jeezy feat Emenim-didn't make the album. gold album. already multi platinum artist
Lupe feat Skylar Grey-lupe had a bigger solo song with his 1st single from lasers. selling the same as last time
Dr Dre feat Skylar Grey-number 4 on the charts, no album
2-ChainZ feat Kreayshawn-mixtape track
JayZ feat Mr Hudson-number 10 on the charts. already multi platinum artist
50-cent feat Justin Timberlake-number 5 on the charts and still got outsold by kanye 1st week. already multi platinum artist
Kanye feat Bon Iver-not a single. already multi platinum artist
B.O.B feat Hayley Williams-number 1 single. gold album
LiL Wayne feat Bruno Mars-number 16. already multi platinum artist. and bruno mars is not even white

half the people that got featured get respect from black people.

and nikki is just as pop as they are. got harriet the spy rapping her song chillen' with dawson's creek

[video - click to view]

just admit that you don't like white people in "our thing"

Last edited by justinjones; 02-18-2012 at 07:03 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
113 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
111 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
116 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy