Why hasn't Rick Ross gone plat? Yet?

most viewed right now
 263
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
74 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 94
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
59 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 80
50 Cent Says Jay Z Will Fail In Boxing Promotion....and he was right
35 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 54
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
149 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 02-18-2012, 04:52 PM         #1
5770 pageviews
156 comments


TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Why hasn't Rick Ross gone plat? Yet?
 

 
Dude is consistent with the hits and all.

image

He should be doing 700k in 2 weeks, and going plat in a month. image

Discuss.

image

156 comments for "Why hasn't Rick Ross gone plat? Yet?"

 02-18-2012, 04:54 PM         #2
NoChefNeeded  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
he will go with his next album, easy
 6 years ago '12        #3
The Infamous1 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$2,319 | Props total: 9 9
His fanbase(black people) don't buy records.

All the other top stars in the game majority of their fans are white.

And white people buy CD's
 6 years ago '04        #4
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,360 | Props total: 6374 6374
because most of the singles don't crack the top 30 of billboard 100
 6 years ago '11        #5
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
first page





Don't blame it on white people because jeezy went plat 3 times
 6 years ago '04        #6
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,360 | Props total: 6374 6374
 The Infamous1 said:
His fanbase(black people) don't buy records.

All the other top stars in the game majority of their fans are white.

And white people buy CD's
whats jeezy's excuse

he went gold without a big single
 02-18-2012, 04:57 PM         #7
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I support the MMG movement.

When was the last street-oriented rapper to go platinum?

Jeezy did it back in '06 but the YMCMB takeover makes it pretty clear that cross-over acts are the only ones going platinum.


T.I. didnt even go platinum last shot.


The only platinum rappers left are Emenim, JayZ, Drake, Nicki, Kanye, LiL Wayne, & JayZ.


 Se7en said:
This kind of stupidity always makes me laugh.

How bout his music gets stale after a few spins. Does ANYONE listen to old ross? NO. Dude makes a bunch of throw away hits.

That's your opinion in your world and your circle but if you asked a DJ they would tell you different.

Do you think DJs are spinning old Emenim records like "My name is" that went platinum but nobody over 18 wants to listen to after the first listen?


Last edited by Graftedgenes; 02-18-2012 at 05:02 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #8
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
Ross actually hasn't had consistent success chart wise with singles. He catches traction here & there but the number of successful (relative) singles he has in comparison with the amount of singles he released it's not high at all.

People for whatever reason just don't buy his music...
 02-18-2012, 04:59 PM         #9
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingpin 313 said:
first page





Don't blame it on white people because jeezy went plat 3 times

The last time Jeezy went platinum was 2006 the same year as Ross debut.

Check the RIAA and Jeezys Twit-pics he has two platinum plaques for TM103 & The Inspiration and 2 plaques for the Recession and Tm103.
 6 years ago '11        #10
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Graftedgenes said:
The last time Jeezy went platinum was 2006 the same year as Ross debut.

Check the RIAA and Jeezys Twit-pics he has two platinum plaques for TM103 & The Inspiration and 2 plaques for the Recession and Tm103.
 thetrapper said:

[pic - click to view]



something like this sir?

see the riaa logo....oh ok cool ...
Still not man enough to admit when you're wrong...
 6 years ago '06        #11
Affectz 130 heat pts130
space
avatar space
space
$8,207 | Props total: 4465 4465
Cuz most of his fans know Ross doesn't need the money since he's rich forever
 02-18-2012, 05:07 PM         #12
Marvin Hagler  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 The Infamous1 said:
His fanbase(black people) don't buy records.

All the other top stars in the game majority of their fans are white.

And white people buy CD's

aye can a pimp clear this up once and for all mayne? peep game & pay attention

white folks = 223 million deep
black folks = 39 million deep


so when a major corporation (record label) markets musical products (artists/albums) to consumers (rap fans) aint da majority of consumer finna be white based on americas demographics? hell yea muhfu*kas dont be thinkin mayne
 6 years ago '10        #13
Blue GM 247 heat pts247
space
space
space
$3,185 | Props total: 2 2
Because his albums have more fillers than hit songs.
 02-18-2012, 05:08 PM         #14
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
Still not man enough to admit when you're wrong...
I'm an intelligent man so I use common sense.

If Jeezy posts pics of his two individual solo platinum plaques for TM101 & The Inspiration then I believe he's platinum.

If the RIAA who award certifications have it listed on their website that TM101 & the Inspiration are both platinum and that The Recsession & TM103 are both Gold then I believe that those albums went Gold and Platinum.


The sad thing about you is that you can't provide any evidence of a platinum solo certification for The Recession and Jeezy can't either other than a collage that Def Jam made.
 6 years ago '11        #15
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 Graftedgenes said:
I'm an intelligent man so I use common sense.
You pat yourself on the back almost every post. Who are you trying to convince, me or you?

 Graftedgenes said:
If Jeezy posts pics of his two individual solo platinum plaques for TM101 & The Inspiration then I believe he's platinum.

If the RIAA who award certifications have it listed on their website that TM101 & the Inspiration are both platinum and that The Recsession & TM103 are both Gold then I believe that those albums went Gold and Platinum.
Do you not see the RIAA logo on the picture?

 Graftedgenes said:
The sad thing about you is that you can't provide any evidence of a platinum solo certification for The Recession and Jeezy can't either other than a collage that Def Jam made.
Don't get into this "sad" stuff boy, we already know how this will turn out. DJ Folk posted the picture, there's nothing up for interpretation here.

You're wrong. Now if you're such an "intelligent person who uses common sense" then those 2 traits dictate that it'd be smart to man up & own this. You're in your 30s dude, start acting like it...
 6 years ago '04        #16
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,360 | Props total: 6374 6374
why would def jam make a fake collage for? like that label don't got 50 albums that went plat already
 6 years ago '10        #17
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
avatar space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
 Affectz said:
Cuz most of his fans know Ross doesn't need the money since he's rich forever
He has all that drug money.
 6 years ago '11        #18
Kid Cunner 400 heat pts400
space
avatar space
space
$5,682 | Props total: 2 2
I've always said Ross's numbers don't really reflect his popularity, consistently going gold isn't bad by any means, but he just isn't a platinum selling artist for w/e reason. Nobody would deny he's one of the most popular rappers the past couple of years. It's not like there are more than maybe 7-8 guys who sell more than him, maybe he will crack a mill with this next album but idk. This one has the best shot I think, if this one doesn't crack a mill then he never will.
 02-18-2012, 05:20 PM         #19
Graftedgenes  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
For my family with common sense:

Here is Jeezys Twitpic ccount

He shows all of his platinum plaques except for "The Recession" & "TM103"/

Heres the RIAA that actually award certifications and have every song and album that Jeezy has every had certified in their database since his debut.



So you have to ask yourself why their is no visible evidence of a platinum plaque for "The Recession" in Jeezy's collection of pics or in the database of the agency that awards them.



Do your own research and come to a conclusion based on facts and not emotion.
 6 years ago '10        #20
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
avatar space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
 Graftedgenes said:
For my family with common sense:

Here is Jeezys Twitpic ccount

He shows all of his platinum plaques except for "The Recession" & "TM103"/

Heres the RIAA that actually award certifications and have every song and album that Jeezy has every had certified in their database since his debut.



So you have to ask yourself why their is no visible evidence of a platinum plaque for "The Recession" in Jeezy's collection of pics or in the database of the agency that awards them.



Do your own research and come to a conclusion based on facts and not emotion.
then whats this.

[pic - click to view]

Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
47 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 35
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
100 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 29
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
62 comments
22 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 22
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
22 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 19
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
73 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 13
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy