They lined up for them fours my Dude

most viewed right now
 80
Pusha Takes DIRECT SHOT AT Wheelchair Jimmy DRAKE "It was Never Written Like Q..
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 36
NBA We can all write the ending to this story, he's gone
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 25
Article inside Thot ends up $10,000 in debt thirst trapping for the 'gram.
56 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 23
Video inside You like t**ties? You'll like these ones... MILFY
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #141
Myworld82 
space
avatar space
space
$2,593 | Props total: 144 144
 lilsnatch770 said:
The only problem is, your comparisons are completely different. If you are standing in line for an IPhone (which I would laugh at as well), you are hoping to use that phone for a year or two. People aren't lining up every month or two to get an IPhone.

Waiting in line for a concert, which I don't know if people do that anymore, is different as well because that is also a once in a year or decade type of sh*t.

While I am sure people who line up for sneakers keep them for a long time and may wear them for a long time, they still line up every month or bi-monthly. If you are waiting in line for an IPhone, video game or concert than you are doing that MAYBE once a year. Furthermore, those three items are cheaper than shoes. I am sure someone will point out that the IPhone is 200 dollars, but again most people are using that for a year or two.

I would still laugh and question people's priorities if they were doing that as well, especially when most of those items could be bought online.
Like I said, I agree the whole waiting in line thing has gotten out of hand with some of the recent releases, however, you don't see half the hate for people who wait in like for days for a Iphone, or concert tickets. You can say that it's a one time thing for a couple of years, and that there will be a new colorway for the shoe in a month, but THIS colorway hasn't been released since '99, so it is the same. To someone like me that didn't have a chance to get the shoe the first two times it released, and hadn't had a a chance in a long time, waiting in like for 2 hours is totally justifiable to me. I'm not gonna be the type to wait for 8-9 hours, or days, but I know why they are there. Those that do this monthly, well, I can see your point somewhat, but if they really like sneakers, and that's how they spend their free time, then that's their prerogative.

To say that a Iphone is cheaper, there are people who wait in line, and don't sign new contracts, so they are paying upwards of 500-600 for the phone, I don't care if they do it once a year, that could be considered ridiculous, no matter what the thing does. And I guarantee that concert tickets that you wait in line for, for hours, are not cheaper than some $160 shoes.

While I understand that some people will never understand why someone would wait in line for some shoes, this is not what pisses me off when I see these threads. What irritates the fu*k out of me is that people feel like it's necessary for them to criticize the sh*t, and a.ssume that the people that do it don't have their priorities straight, or don't take care of everything else in their life. Like the fact that they wait in line for a sneaker means that they don't take care of their bills or their families. How do you justify that logic? While you call the person that waits in line an idiot, you sound more like one with your unfounded generalizations.

And while I'm on my soapbox, let me hit on another point too: why do people think that you're supposed to stop wearing sneakers when you get older? Like wearing some fu*kin dress shoes make you any more grown up. Last I checked, your actions measure your maturity, not what you wear.
 02-19-2012, 12:57 PM         #142
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 lilsnatch770 said:
The only problem is, your comparisons are completely different. If you are standing in line for an IPhone (which I would laugh at as well), you are hoping to use that phone for a year or two. People aren't lining up every month or two to get an IPhone.

Waiting in line for a concert, which I don't know if people do that anymore, is different as well because that is also a once in a year or decade type of sh*t.

While I am sure people who line up for sneakers keep them for a long time and may wear them for a long time, they still line up every month or bi-monthly. If you are waiting in line for an IPhone, video game or concert than you are doing that MAYBE once a year. Furthermore, those three items are cheaper than shoes. I am sure someone will point out that the IPhone is 200 dollars, but again most people are using that for a year or two.

I would still laugh and question people's priorities if they were doing that as well, especially when most of those items could be bought online.
Yea but how can you tell a person what they should buy? If you worked for your hard earned money then you should buy whatever you want, regardless of how you want it.
 6 years ago '07        #143
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$15,931 | Props total: 4074 4074
 tmitch19 said:
Anyone know where this is?
Every shopping mall in any city that is at least 15% black
 6 years ago '08        #144
The Fifth KD 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$3,592 | Props total: 1394 1394
This surprised the sh*t outta me I gotta say. I didn't get the cement 4s cuz they were sold because I really didn't think n*ggas fu*ked with them like that. Last year I was able to pick up the true blues, black metallic fives, and the cement 3s with complete ease my n*ggas....and I got my concords 2 weeks early...So ive really yet to develop that "camp out/get there early" mentality for J's.

But outside of the eleven's, Im terrible at gauging public interest in jordans....
 6 years ago '05        #145
ChickzNKickz 100 heat pts100
space
avatar space
space
$11,621 | Props total: 15662 15662
 ghost8 said:
Every shopping mall in any city that is at least 15% black
Did you not see all those spanish n*ggaz lined up in that youtube video..

Come to NYC....


Last edited by ChickzNKickz; 02-19-2012 at 01:38 PM..
 6 years ago '04        #146
haterade2885 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,797 | Props total: 106 106
not a very diverse crowd lined up there. i guess all the white people must be buying 50 dollar sneakers at journeys like morons.
 6 years ago '04        #147
mt fuji 17 heat pts17
space
avatar space
space
$11,458 | Props total: 597 597
 Myworld82 said:
Like I said, I agree the whole waiting in line thing has gotten out of hand with some of the recent releases, however, you don't see half the hate for people who wait in like for days for a Iphone, or concert tickets. You can say that it's a one time thing for a couple of years, and that there will be a new colorway for the shoe in a month, but THIS colorway hasn't been released since '99, so it is the same. To someone like me that didn't have a chance to get the shoe the first two times it released, and hadn't had a a chance in a long time, waiting in like for 2 hours is totally justifiable to me. I'm not gonna be the type to wait for 8-9 hours, or days, but I know why they are there. Those that do this monthly, well, I can see your point somewhat, but if they really like sneakers, and that's how they spend their free time, then that's their prerogative.

To say that a Iphone is cheaper, there are people who wait in line, and don't sign new contracts, so they are paying upwards of 500-600 for the phone, I don't care if they do it once a year, that could be considered ridiculous, no matter what the thing does. And I guarantee that concert tickets that you wait in line for, for hours, are not cheaper than some $160 shoes.

While I understand that some people will never understand why someone would wait in line for some shoes, this is not what pisses me off when I see these threads. What irritates the fu*k out of me is that people feel like it's necessary for them to criticize the sh*t, and a.ssume that the people that do it don't have their priorities straight, or don't take care of everything else in their life. Like the fact that they wait in line for a sneaker means that they don't take care of their bills or their families. How do you justify that logic? While you call the person that waits in line an idiot, you sound more like one with your unfounded generalizations.

And while I'm on my soapbox, let me hit on another point too: why do people think that you're supposed to stop wearing sneakers when you get older? Like wearing some fu*kin dress shoes make you any more grown up. Last I checked, your actions measure your maturity, not what you wear.
Good sh*t!!
 6 years ago '06        #148
xFMx ALCHEMiST 262 heat pts262
space
avatar space
space
$11,135 | Props total: 1345 1345
yeah if Jordans were in Nordstorms and i didnt have to wait in some dumbass line with some dumbass kids, i would still be wearing retros when im 35+
im 21 and i feel like an idiot waiting in line for 1 hour
 6 years ago '05        #149
Wondah_Woman 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,678 | Props total: 8523 8523
 The Fifth KD said:
This surprised the sh*t outta me I gotta say. I didn't get the cement 4s cuz they were sold because I really didn't think n*ggas fu*ked with them like that. Last year I was able to pick up the true blues, black metallic fives, and the cement 3s with complete ease my n*ggas....and I got my concords 2 weeks early...So ive really yet to develop that "camp out/get there early" mentality for J's.

But outside of the eleven's, Im terrible at gauging public interest in jordans....
It's just a new day, it's hard for anyone to gauge. Although I new tese would fly. What I didn't figure folks would be lining up for those 10's, either color way that dropped
 6 years ago '10        #150
J AL7 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,793 | Props total: 188 188
i was 12th and got the last ticket for size 11s




But I'm old enough to remember the first Jordan wave (before retros) and there was this cat in line that asked me what size i got. Back in the day (and prolly to this day) If somebody asked what size you wore, you better be ready to f!ght for them or give'em up, but it was a honest question and i kept it movin.


Still took the alt route back to the whip tho.
 6 years ago '09        #151
Tiko377 1914 heat pts1914
space
avatar space
space
$16,049 | Props total: 10318 10318
i would get these but i am waiting for the 12's
 6 years ago '10        #152
J AL7 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,793 | Props total: 188 188
 Wondah_Woman said:
It's just a new day, it's hard for anyone to gauge. Although I new tese would fly. What I didn't figure folks would be lining up for those 10's, either color way that dropped


you live in Duval?


Had to get my joints at Regency
 6 years ago '08        #153
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$13,416 | Props total: 394 394
 The Fifth KD said:
This surprised the sh*t outta me I gotta say. I didn't get the cement 4s cuz they were sold because I really didn't think n*ggas fu*ked with them like that. Last year I was able to pick up the true blues, black metallic fives, and the cement 3s with complete ease my n*ggas....and I got my concords 2 weeks early...So ive really yet to develop that "camp out/get there early" mentality for J's.

But outside of the eleven's, Im terrible at gauging public interest in jordans....
im with you. i was seeing all the shoes you mentioned on shelves weeks after release. now people are lining up for 10s and the cement 4s?! granted the cement 4s are nice, i didnt pick them up. plus, they were still in stock online for over the usual amount of time a hot shoe is released. i think its just like alot of things in general these days, the hype for stuff gets magnified for some reason. and i think standing in line has somehow become cool. the hype for the XIs has started something imo, but hey.....who am i to tell another person how to live their life?
 6 years ago '05        #154
Wondah_Woman 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,678 | Props total: 8523 8523
 J AL7 said:
you live in Duval?


Had to get my joints at Regency
From Duval...

They just shot up Regency too
 6 years ago '04        #155
ATLDOPEBOI30 74 heat pts74
space
avatar space
space
$33,360 | Props total: 6996 6996
 Wondah_Woman said:
From Duval...

They just shot up Regency too
ova sun shoes
 6 years ago '08        #156
big leo 415 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,483 | Props total: 15 15
looks like stonestown
 6 years ago '11        #157
darealvelle 96 heat pts96
space
avatar space
space
$8,160 | Props total: 5409 5409
"This that gold bbs flow/plastic nike air tags on ya original 4's"


[video - click to view]

 6 years ago '10        #158
hungry01 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,048 | Props total: 4 4
man i really hope they restock them..damn kids outran me once the doors of the mall opened
 6 years ago '10        #159
SoFresh170 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$13,045 | Props total: 2996 2996
i've seen worse
 6 years ago '05        #160
Wondah_Woman 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$4,678 | Props total: 8523 8523
 ATLDOPEBOI18 said:
ova sun shoes

Nah...over other ignorance....old beef. Someone saw someone they had beef with and started bucking
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 16
ashley graham killing it i'm sold yo!
81 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 14
Video inside Graphics are Blurring the Lines, ya ready for this?.
32 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside F*ucking Black Guy
146 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 12
Image(s) inside Fresh Prince Of Bel Air Mansion 2018
75 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 6
Video inside Rockstar game's troubles summed up perfectly
77 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
 4
NBA Jayson Tatum is 1-dimensional.
98 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 3
Image(s) inside Rosey Got Thickkkkkk
63 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 3
NBA SI 'POST COMBINE' 2018 NBA Mock Draft
62 comments
2 days ago
@sports
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy