ESPN.com Jeremy Lin Headline Was “Chink In The Armor” (pic)

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
137 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
64 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside January Rose
11 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '06        #141
poppapimple 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,845 | Props total: 309 309
 dtown1759 said:

[pic - click to view]

you uptight f*gs need to cool the fu*k out; if you can laugh at it, you can live with it /thread
^^^good work
 6 years ago '06        #142
youngskits718 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,119 | Props total: 16 16
 6 years ago '10        #143
peeyump 15 heat pts15
space
space
$21,110 | Props total: 1269 1269
well played Espn
 6 years ago '08        #144
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 0812 said:
how do you know the posters laughing are black?
I'm glad someone had sence enough to ask this question...cuz ALOT of these dudes are not black.
 6 years ago '08        #145
supervillain 244 heat pts244
space
space
$13,157 | Props total: 7 7
 kingpin222 said:
lol @ whites not kicking asians out of their neighborhoods, you obviously don't know why we have things like chinatown which came about post the building of our railroads, or the way whites treated asians during ww2. blacks the only oppressed people in america. okay.
Yea Asians had it bad. They don't get enough credit for their help with building the rail roads( along side freed slaves) but they had it bad too. I can't even deny that. But at the end of the day...dark skinned ppl are almost always on the botttom of the chain.
 6 years ago '10        #146
A.Dot789 1053 heat pts1053
space
space
$13,942 | Props total: 8040 8040
boxden is full off dumbass hypocrites.
 6 years ago '10        #147
Delbert Mengel 28 heat pts28
space
space
$20,551 | Props total: 195 195
 PTC said:
Since when is Chink in the Armor a regular phrase? I've never heard that term in my life and I've read countless books.

Slave to the ____________

Is a regular term...I wouldn't say it's the most common thing in the world, but it's been said often.

Here's another one:

Put a hard working black person on front and headline it:

working like a slave
you must not be reading the right books that phrase is as old as the hills. also if you played pro evo 8 it get's mentioned about every 5 minutes by the commentator
 02-19-2012, 08:23 AM         #148
macadon83 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PTC said:
I'm half black and half asian btw...

People are generally more openly "racist" with asian people because most people think it's ok and there will be no repercussions.

With black people, people are generally more racist against "behind" the scenes, but amongst friends it's obviously joking...

At the end of the day, the dude who SAID it on ESPN and put it up on the headline needs to be fired. I mean, it is not a coincidence that it just happened to be Jeremy Lin when he decided to use this term, out of the millions of other terms he could have used. This was no fu*kin accident, and you'd have to be one delusional moron to think so.
this. It amazes me (though it prolly shouldnt) that people here are actually trying to justify and say that its not racially motivated.

If someone said, "jeremy lin looks like he needed to take a nap"

" Well he should have grabbed some of the naps from Amara Stoudemire's head"

How would ya feel?

Yeah i bet.
 6 years ago '04        #149
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,942 | Props total: 11685 11685
damn they deleted the thread about that Korean bi*ch making racist comments towards blacks. some conspiracy brother a.ss n*gga came in there talking mad crazy about how ignorance is so widespread in the US, that's 3 racist things that have happened this week, blah blah blah stuff in Gainesville Alabama.

the thrust of my response was "
[pic - click to view]

Look, ignorance is everywhere. and I mean, absolutely EVERYWHERE. there is outright, subtle, and unconscious racism that occurs in every single workplace, grocery store, laundromat, project building, snooty upper-class neighborhood, middle-class suburbia, restaurant, etc. The fact is it's not going away as fast as people want it to, possibly ever:. but guess what?

[pic - click to view]

People of the non-white majority have 3 choices. they can:

1:be oversensitive keyboard jockeys and get hella bent out of shape like conspiracy brotha here did every time something with a hint of racism occurs, yet not do sh*t about it.
2:they can work or volunteer for nonprofit organizations like the peace corps or work in a children's school/ teach for america, something like that which is a noble cause but won't address the underlying issues, you can run for political office,
3: they can laugh at things like this when they happen, and simply do everything in their power in your public life to lead by example and show that not all different races aren't just examples of the stereotypes a.ssociated with them. believe it or not, black people are not denied the right to make money in this country. I'm age 27, i have an MBA and an electrical engineering BS, I've got over $100k sitting in the bank and my dad has a couple millions. i post on boxden for fun. if you really think i drop "n*gga" or racist jokes on the streets, with my coworkers, or regularly wth anyone aside from my close friends. you are dead wrong b.. you n*ggaS get caught up in the slave mentality and then wonder why you end up working in retail stores, restaurants, laundromats, as just that: slaves (to a racist manager, a schedule, deadlines, fries being done at arbys )

I suggest you choose option 2 or 3. 3 has worked out pretty damn well for me

Last edited by torious; 02-19-2012 at 10:02 AM..
 02-19-2012, 09:40 AM         #150
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Universal Mind said:
I am black and I say that to black people almost daily. Nothing's ever happened. Black guys are only tough when they have a pistol or a gang with them. So they won't be doing sh*t to me for stating the truth.
Lol you ain't black
 6 years ago '10        #151
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
You know I was just watching an SNL skit from last night mocking the fact that people are opportunistically making fun with Lin's race but the moment you say something about black people everyone's mad

Some black people on here are so disgusting that they see racism or bias and the moment they're called out for either laughing at it or not standing against it they talk about themselves and black oppression. Sad to think that some blacks can be that selfish and yet pretend to stand for equality. You can't possibly be taken seriously if you think things like this is okay. Some of you sound exactly like those "white devils" you speak about when speaking of other races. Sad... and wreaks of entitlement. No one has entitlement over another when it comes to fairness
 6 years ago '07        #152
DaForce13 27 heat pts27
space
space
$4,640 | Props total: 436 436
Statement on offensive comments
EmailPrint
ESPN.com
At ESPN we are aware of three offensive and inappropriate comments made on ESPN outlets during our coverage of Jeremy Lin.

Saturday we apologized for two references. We have since learned of a similar reference Friday on ESPN Radio New York. The incidents were separate and different. We have engaged in a thorough review of all three and have taken the following action:

• The ESPN employee responsible for our Mobile headline has been dismissed.

• The ESPNEWS anchor has been suspended for 30 days.

• The radio commentator is not an ESPN employee.

We again apologize, especially to Mr. Lin. His accomplishments are a source of great pride to the Asian-American community, including the Asian-American employees at ESPN. Through self-examination, improved editorial practices and controls, and response to constructive criticism, we will be better in the future.

yup... someone got fired
 6 years ago '11        #153
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,802 | Props total: 2667 2667
 Smoke500 said:
You know I was just watching an SNL skit from last night mocking the fact that people are opportunistically making fun with Lin's race but the moment you say something about black people everyone's mad

Some black people on here are so disgusting that they see racism or bias and the moment they're called out for either laughing at it or not standing against it they talk about themselves and black oppression. Sad to think that some blacks can be that selfish and yet pretend to stand for equality. You can't possibly be taken seriously if you think things like this is okay. Some of you sound exactly like those "white devils" you speak about when speaking of other races. Sad... and wreaks of entitlement. No one has entitlement over another when it comes to fairness
because Tosh.O didn't stay making jokes in reference to black people...Chappelle didn't, Chris Rock didn't...black people have never seen a play on words in reference to black people and laughed. do you n*ggas actually talk to black people off the internet? and the funny thing is, when black people call out racism, or say something is racist based off what someone said, n*ggas are SO quick to say black people are making something bigger than it is. with the Imus sh*t, mothafu*kas were acting like that wasn't a big deal(which it honestly wasn't, them n*ggas were nappy headed) when a lot of black people, apparently, were hurt by it. hell, a stereotype FOR black people is the whole "pull the race card" joke...the first "THAT'S RACIST" gif was a fu*king kid that got turned into some KFC/hot sauce/African mixture...

with all that said, people are way too sensitive about this race bullsh*t. that line in ESPN ain't stopping Lin from doing anything...that nappy headed hoes comment from Imus didn't oppress not one black person...I can understand if this sh*t was done maliciously, but it's not...where is the big deal at?
 02-19-2012, 11:41 AM         #154
VANS MASLOW 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Smoke500 said:

Why are you blaming this aspect solely on blacks? Smh white man
 6 years ago '11        #155
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
it's crazy how this is a huge thread, but n*ggas aren't making hell for Newt Gingrich's comments about hispanics "learning the language of prosperity"(English) and dropping the "language of the ghetto"(Spanish)...that's malicious and incredibly distasteful. where the big thread on that...
 02-19-2012, 11:46 AM         #156
VANS MASLOW 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 wjcorner said:
because Tosh.O didn't stay making jokes in reference to black people...Chappelle didn't, Chris Rock didn't...black people have never seen a play on words in reference to black people and laughed. do you n*ggas actually talk to black people off the internet? and the funny thing is, when black people call out racism, or say something is racist based off what someone said, n*ggas are SO quick to say black people are making something bigger than it is. with the Imus sh*t, mothafu*kas were acting like that wasn't a big deal(which it honestly wasn't, them n*ggas were nappy headed) when a lot of black people, apparently, were hurt by it. hell, a stereotype FOR black people is the whole "pull the race card" joke...the first "THAT'S RACIST" gif was a fu*king kid that got turned into some KFC/hot sauce/African mixture...

with all that said, people are way too sensitive about this race bullsh*t. that line in ESPN ain't stopping Lin from doing anything...that nappy headed hoes comment from Imus didn't oppress not one black person...I can understand if this sh*t was done maliciously, but it's not...where is the big deal at?
TBH

Nd tbh he's using us as a escape goat, white are found to be the most prejudice to every race take it from a black teen whose been called a ****** and witness them in action. Lin's getting the attention and recognition from black to Latino viewers and I kno this
 6 years ago '11        #157
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 VANS MASLOW said:
TBH

Nd tbh he's using us as a escape goat, white are found to be the most prejudice to every race take it from a black teen whose been called a ****** and witness them in action. Lin's getting the attention and recognition from black to Latino viewers and I kno this
i don't really believe that...at the end of the day, most races are still separated in different areas...a common poor white family lives in a trailer park, a common poor black family stays in projects/section 8 housing(and this nation's wealth is leaning more towards rich/poor with a very small percentage middle class)...so when you don't live or interact with the majority of the other race, sh*t like TV and the internet gauge your perceptions of them. that's why a lot of black people who haven't been around a lot of white people think they are all "Drake and Josh" n*gga yelling bigots; and white people who haven't been around a lot of black people think they are all welfare scheming, rapper stereotypes with no souls...in other words, all races prejudge all races when they don't actually spend time with them a lot.
 6 years ago '10        #158
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 wjcorner said:

VANS MASLOW said:
Why are you blaming this aspect solely on blacks? Smh white man
I'm black actually. I just hate seeing hypocrisy

No one is blaming it all on blacks. But there are blacks who feel it's okay to say degrading things or no big deal when it comes to other races and when you point out the double standard they turn it back on black oppression when that's not the point. The point is fairness and equality is fairness and equality

I was never one of those people claiming Imus or other things weren't a big deal. You will always catch me arguing against racism against blacks as well. I call out hypocrisy when I see it

As for the comedians you mentioned, some race jokes are funny when in good taste. But you compared comedians to race based media headlines. That's a failure in logic
 6 years ago '11        #159
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
 Smoke500 said:
I'm black actually. I just hate seeing hypocrisy

No one is blaming it all on blacks. But there are blacks who feel it's okay to say degrading things or no big deal when it comes to other races and when you point out the double standard they turn it back on black oppression when that's not the point. The point is fairness and equality is fairness and equality

I was never one of those people claiming Imus or other things weren't a big deal. You will always catch me arguing against racism against blacks as well. I call out hypocrisy when I see it

As for the comedians you mentioned, some race jokes are funny when in good taste. But you compared comedians to race based media headlines. That's a failure in logic
so now media headlines are 100% serious business and never have any humor in them? but somehow there's a failure in MY logic??? read a newspaper dude, there is humor in article headlines all the time. and this isn't racism, Jesus Christ lol...this isn't a propaganda pamphlet passed through the streets, it was a silly, tongue-in-cheek play on words...
 6 years ago '10        #160
WalmartRollback 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,959 | Props total: 109 109
 ST21 said:
let me help you out

can't believe you've never heard that phrase.
I heard this term used before but to argue that the person that entered the headline for ESPN did not do that on purpose is borderline retarded.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
23 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside R.I.P. Polar Bears
106 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
26 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - serial killer todd kohlhepp - there are more victims :iseeyou2:
20 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact – and familie..
99 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy