Jeremy Lin Nabs Time Magazine Cover (pic)

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden Responds To Fans Saying Jeezy Had Him Scared & Shook On Ever..
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Warren Sapp blames CTE for sexually harassing woman
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
130 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 6 years ago '04        #61
downtown33 
space
space
$1,094 | Props total: 0 0
multiple factors add up 2 linsanity

first and foremost is record breaking start
2. HE PLAYS IN THE GARDEN MECCA OF BBALL
3 the knicks are winning!
4. hes asian

i think if he was on another team and not playing in the garden on a star studded yet desperate and losing (before lin) knicks, things would be a lil different, but he brought the knicks back, what melo and stat couldnt do alone, and he started doin it without them, let alone bein asian and being overlooked because of that

dudes who are knockin this guy black or white, are str8 haters and probably racist deep down inside

and we all know floyd is a racist schmuk, u know cottos gonna whoop that a.ss
 6 years ago '04        #62
lment 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,040 | Props total: 66 66
this whole thing is becoming a race gimmick.
 6 years ago '10        #63
MistaKlean 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,681 | Props total: 200 200
dude turns the ball over like crazy
 6 years ago '10        #64
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
I'll even take it one step further and say had his name been Jeremy Ho'Chang he wouldn't be nearly as possible. Face it, some of you want to dismiss it as race yet when you analyze that by itself it makes zero sense. His last name I would say results in 60% of his hype...it's catchy and that's been proven.

The guy's a walking marketing machine based on his underdog story, timing of emergence, and last name and some of you are really simple minded enough to simply say "It's because he's Asian". Attach a different name even and he would still be Asian, but would he be as hyped? :hmm:
 6 years ago '04        #65
jasonrcruz 
space
space
$1,228 | Props total: 1 1
If he wasn't an NBA minority, the story wouldn't be as big. If he wasn't playing well....the story wouldn't be as big. Everybody is just running around in circles arguing about it when your all partially right. The story needs all all the elements to be this big.

The black guy that burst on the scenes like lin is not going to get the same kinda coverage. It would be big but not like this.

The asian that sucks, wouldn't be a big story.

Why argue when all of the elements are needed for a gigantic story?
 6 years ago '04        #66
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
Not a single fu*k was given last week today or tomorrow
 6 years ago '04        #67
lfletcher 
space
space
$2,167 | Props total: 136 136
Time mag cover? :wow:
 6 years ago '11        #68
wjcorner 3 heat pts
space
space
$11,802 | Props total: 2667 2667
race was created by humans...its silly to think humans won't notice race
 6 years ago '10        #69
Shhon 850 heat pts850
space
space
$19,281 | Props total: 23789 23789
thatsbig.

all my blessings to him.
 6 years ago '10        #70
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
let me clear this for you dude..

if smush parker exploded onto the nba like jeremy lin, he wouldnt have 20 nicknames by game 3... and barack obama media press by game 4

you cant deny the fact that some of the media hype and STANNERY is because of the fact that hes a sports minority

like if a girl ever played in the nba, (or nfl or in hockey again) and averaged 20ppg, ALOT OF THE HYPE would be because of the GENDER BARRIER, racial barrier, etc..

the bottom line is that Jeremy Lin has played great on the court (albeit alot of TO's).... but in terms of his hype?! alot of it is racially driven..

show me a black or white nba player who was undrafted and got a time magazine cover after 10 games?!? i'll wait....

there are alot of elements adding to JLIN's hype..

1. undrafted success story(hell Victor Cruz got barely any hype and he just won the gotdamn superbowl undrafted)
2. race... let be honest, asians have very little nba history... this is probably 50-60% of his hype...
3. the team was a sub 500 team
4. the team had injuries to its 2 biggest stars
5. the coach was on the brink of being fired..

stop acting like people only love lin b/c of the team being sub 500... if he played on the heat and balled like this in wades absence... the media would still go crazy

The dynamics of gender and race are much different, so I don't see much to argue there

If you truly believe that Lin would be as popular if he played well while the Knicks were near the top of the league, I don't see the logic

If you don't think his last name plays a bigger role than the fact he is Asian, I can't see the logic. As if Lin would be as big if his last name was Ho or Chung

If you don't think his unique under dog story plays a bigger role, I don't see the logic

No one sees Victor Cruz as the catalyst and the bread winner for the Giants success. Lin is unequivocally THE REASON for the Knicks success right now

And Parker? , can you make 1 million nicknames and sensationalized headlines with Parker? No, but you can with Lin

Face it dude, at this point I think some of you want to believe it's race when there are plenty of other factors that out weigh that possibility

Oh and by the way, Nfl Magazine kicked Cam Newton off one of their issues in favor of Tim Tebow even though at the time, Cam was playing 1000x better than Tebow

Now imagine if Tebow played in NYC rather than Denver

Imagine if Lebron played in NYC rather than Cleveland or Miami

Their names aren't as catchy as Lin's and their hype would be ridiculous. Now imagine if they had a catchy inter-changeable name like Lin's ??

Other factors far outweigh your claims

Last edited by Smoke500; 02-18-2012 at 11:34 PM..
 6 years ago '10        #71
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
Dude you're giving the media and nba fans too much credit. Obama and tebow have names that cant rhyme with anything and they got mega hype.

J.lins name could be Ju Xing and hed have the same fu*king hype minus a handful of nicknames...

The nicknames dont make thr hype. That is just sh*ts and giggles

America loves lin bc of his play and a significantly more b/c hes an ODDITY/minority sensation
Yet Obama and Tebow aren't Asian . But if they were you and others would use it as a factor

Nicknames don't make the hype? Really? Come on man....that's a marketing failure in logic if you don't believe it does

The entire media and fans uses his last name for all kinds of ridiculous jokes, puns, and headlines. It's part of Lin-Mania and the entire Linsensation Linning all across the country

The equivalent of that in Tebow'a case was "Tebowing", and in Obama's case the fact that he had the catchy "Yes we Can" slogan along with his naming being a bit more interchangeable as well
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
76 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
43 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
290 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
251 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
97 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
113 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
56 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside PUBG XBOX ONE Official Thread
156 comments
2 days ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy