Jeremy Lin Nabs Time Magazine Cover (pic)

most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
27 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
179 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
42 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
132 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-18-2012, 02:22 AM         #41
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
And the haters can't see why his story is different and compelling
 6 years ago '11        #42
Kobane 163 heat pts163
space
space
$15,105 | Props total: 2320 2320
 Adam Is BeTTeR said:
our John Starks of this era
 6 years ago '11        #43
illprem 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,182 | Props total: 76 76

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #44
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
is it hating if people see race as a factor? I mean it should be a given but when some of y'all try to ignore it like the hype has nothing to do with him being asian, then thats kind of ignorant

the acknowledging of the fact that hes an asian sensation is not hating, its a innocuous observation

people like to support their own, its called homogeneity

when the chinese voted for yao ming as an all star even when he was injured and couldnt play, was race not a factor then?
 6 years ago '04        #45
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,111 | Props total: 10 10
 Smoke500 said:
Or because you're racially obsessed

You're proving that you see his race 1st and you're using the success he attained and attaching your own racial obsession to it. People who don't think like you do see a guy doing great while you see an ASIAN guy doing great. White people do it to blacks all the time in a variety of situations when blacks succeed

Jeremy Lin is hyped because he saved a team and worked hard. His hard work resulted in the most points in Nba history for his 1st 5-6 starts
lol yo you have to be related to dude. hes played a couple games, and i guarantee you didnt know dude 3 weeks ago lol now you his biggest fan. so what are you, family? asian? what?

we were going back and forth in the other thread and i actually thought you knew what you were talking about a little, but if your honestly trying to say hes not a big story now for the simple fact hes asian, youre out of your mind lol. im white, and even i know if he was black hed be getting the back page of newsday and thats about it. maybe an espn clip. didnt brandon jennings drop 50 his rookie year or something? i heard about that for a day and a half. if jeremy lin dropped 50 next game, he'd have people saying hes officially the best point guard in the nba. ny has tons of asian people, its huge for ny and the knicks because it brings in attention and sales.

and stop speaking about how dude "worked his a.ss off". you know NOTHING about him. for all you know hes the laziest dude in the gym. what you know is limited to 7 games or so, since you didnt even know who he was a month ago. where are all your "start jeremy lin" threads? i dont see them anywhere. its becoming clearer and clearer you hop on any bandwagon lol

we played some pretty bad teams, i dont think hes seen real competition yet and hes already being figured out. he cant go left. ive never seen a point guard drive and leave his feet so much without knowing what he was gonna do with the ball before, which is the first thing your taught not to do.

im happy we're winning, thats it. obviously hes re energized the team, but we were at a disgustingly low place in the season. if we were already winning, you realize he wouldnt even of seen a minute of playing time right? he didnt crack the starting lineup for being the best player on the team, he cracked it because douglas and bibby are THAT BAD. thats it. and im happy hes making the most of it. i cant wait to see if your jeremy lins biggest fan when the season ends.

Last edited by haff3131; 02-18-2012 at 03:13 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #46
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
space
 Kobane said:
haha yo i was gonna say the same thing..john starks was the heart and soul of the knicks for how many seasons? and this kids got the nerve to compare him to a guy whos played 7 games. its un fu*king real lol john starks was an all star for us. hes a dude that battled jordan and reggie miller like his life depended on it. lin couldnt guard ricky fu*king rubio..god damn i hate knicks fans man, making us all look bad. and this is why i cant wai ttil its over, so the fake fans just go away. i hope jeremy turns into the solid above average point guard i think he can be, so people can hop off his d!ck because they think they were first on this fad..
 6 years ago '04        #47
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
space
 Smoke500 said:
Or because you're racially obsessed

You're proving that you see his race 1st and you're using the success he attained and attaching your own racial obsession to it. People who don't think like you do see a guy doing great while you see an ASIAN guy doing great. White people do it to blacks all the time in a variety of situations when blacks succeed

Jeremy Lin is hyped because he saved a team and worked hard. His hard work resulted in the most points in Nba history for his 1st 5-6 starts
umm no, melo and stat being out resulted in him having the most points in his first 5-6 starts. hes playing alongside chandler who doesnt shoot, jared jeffries, landry fields, steve novak,and so on. youre delusional. it was a perfect storm that created this, not hard work lol. if douglas was playing better this doesnt happen. if melo and stat are playing, it doesnt happen. if we play the bulls or celtics, it doesnt happen. if he was black, it doesnt happen. if he wasnt asian and from harvard, it doesnt happen. hes getting the cover of time for being asian first, and THEN having an awesome 5-6 games second, and thats it.

it sucks man, cause i want to root for dude. i love the knicks, always have. but i hate fans in ny these days. started with the giants superbowl and all these out of nowhere fans. now this. i have NOTHING against him. i actually like him as our point guard aside from the turnovers and some decisions he makes. its the people sayin he should be an all star, hes an mvp candidate, hes a top 5 point guard and all this stupid sh*t. and ya'll are gonna be the reason he fails, no one can live up to that hype. so thanks.

Last edited by haff3131; 02-18-2012 at 03:14 AM..
 02-18-2012, 03:07 AM         #48
Silver N Black 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
flavor of the months get Time covers now?
 6 years ago '05        #49
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,197 | Props total: 15715 15715
 Smoke500 said:
By the way, some people...especially the more and more people believe in evolution don't see race. Only when it is shoved in their faces by media or racial minded people is it an issue...but I and everyone I've spoken to hardly thought of or mentioned race when speaking about dude, it's all about perspective

Now if you want to argue that Asians are excited about him, they probably are. Blacks were excited about Obama too but that wasn't the reason he was so popular. And to go back to Tiger Woods...Woods was over hyped because of his squeaky clean image. It wasn't because he was black....him being black became something some made something of

Serena and Venus dominate or have dominated a mostly white sport....they've never been seen as icons or overhyped. They were simply successful...not iconic
You trolling your a.ss off, with his race just can't be a component of his success....

If you won't, can't, or just don't care to understand that him being asian american is part of his newfound success.....then your a troll.

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 02-18-2012 at 03:34 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #50
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 bxrulez said:
Thats cuz Sererna and Venus are ACTUALLY BLACK and Obama and Tiger Woods arent.....they barley black....cmon now son....use common sense.

Right, because they were actually black....yet I'm sure if they were "black" people would still say that's why they're overhyped

Some people have "it", Serena and Venus do not. They weren't marketable, that's why they weren't famous

You know who else people said was only rated because he was black? Donovan McNabb. So which is it?

Fact is Lin is hyped because of who he is as a person and the timing of his arrival...combined with his confidence and play
 6 years ago '10        #51
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Killamike79 said:
You trolling your a.ss off, with his race just can't be a component of his success....

If you won't, can't, or just don't care to understand that him being asian american is part of his newfound success.....then your troll.
Is your usage of the word troll somehow a way of saying that I and others don't see race where it doesn't belong and observes a situation objectively rather than seeing race in it? Because if you are you're right, I'm not racially obsessed

And quite frankly, I've studied human behavior to know that although race does invade our culture, when someone becomes a PHENOM that excites people of all backgrounds in this way it isn't because of race. If you think it is you need to do a lot of reading and research and be more observant
 6 years ago '05        #52
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,197 | Props total: 15715 15715
 Smoke500 said:
Is your usage of the word troll somehow a way of saying that I and others don't see race where it doesn't belong and observes a situation objectively rather than seeing race in it? Because if you are you're right, I'm not racially obsessed

And quite frankly, I've studied human behavior to know that although race does invade our culture, when someone becomes a PHENOM that excites people of all backgrounds in this way it isn't because of race. If you think it is you need to do a lot of reading and research and be more observant
Quite frankly, you need to study some common sense then. I'm going to entertain you with this last post though, bottomline, if Jeremy Lin wasn't Asian he wouldn't be getting covers on Time Magazine. I know it and you know it....but keep on trolling and arguing. You seem good at it.

Last edited by Micheal C. Will; 02-18-2012 at 03:40 AM..
 6 years ago '10        #53
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,847 | Props total: 20782 20782
Wait....people in here seriously believe him being Asian, let me correct myself, Asian-American, has nothing to do with the widespread attention he's getting?

People can't be that stupid......

Can they?
 6 years ago '11        #54
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 haff3131 said:

and stop speaking about how dude "worked his a.ss off". you know NOTHING about him. for all you know hes the laziest dude in the gym.
Ok let's be honest, you don't make it to the NBA and do well at a skill position if you're lazy. It's impossible to get where he got without working his a.ss off, especially since he doesn't have any great advantageous athletic attribute other than being 6'3.

ive never seen a point guard drive and leave his feet so much without knowing what he was gonna do with the ball before, which is the first thing your taught not to do.
You must be watching the game with goggles on or not know what you're watching. He doesn't leave his feet in high volume without knowing what he's going to do, it just happens what he plans to do is being anticipated by the defense.

Matter of fact, I think you're just a hater at this point, I'm not even sure how you can sit here and say you've never seen a player that leaves his feet without knowing what he is gonna do as much as Lin... that was just a blatant lie.

im happy we're winning, thats it. obviously hes re energized the team, but we were at a disgustingly low place in the season. if we were already winning, you realize he wouldnt even of seen a minute of playing time right? he didnt crack the starting lineup for being the best player on the team, he cracked it because douglas and bibby are THAT BAD. thats it. and im happy hes making the most of it. i cant wait to see if your jeremy lins biggest fan when the season ends.
Quit the bullsh*t.

Peyton Hillis of the Browns would have never seen the light of day if the Broncos didn't have like 4 running backs go on IR. Yup. 4. The list goes on...

Now I know it's a rarity in the NBA for a player to not get a chance then all sudden do well in an NBA situation, but I think this also has a lot to do with him being Asian... getting passed up on opportunities just because of that.

You even said something along the lines of, there was a reason he was cut, and he would have shown these signs in practice ETC...

Well, you don't know what happens in those Knicks practices. For all you know, he's only getting a couple minutes of practice time with the offense, and with the 2nd/3rd string offense at that. For all you know, he never really got a chance to run with the 1st team in practice... sh*t like this happens all the damn time.

I honestly think you're just a hater. You say you're a Knicks fan, but you sound real bitter about Lin's success. That's the truth.

Last edited by PTC; 02-18-2012 at 03:56 AM..
 6 years ago '07        #55
Cartel-Clipz 28 heat pts28
space
space
$29,342 | Props total: 21243 21243
 Adam Is BeTTeR said:
our John Starks of this era
n*gga, what??

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #56
rdrake 28 heat pts28
space
space
$7,321 | Props total: 421 421
Lin is the man what can I say....the most popular guy in the NBA right now....New York makes stars what can I say

Last edited by rdrake; 02-18-2012 at 11:56 AM..
 6 years ago '12        #57
DoMieD 5 heat pts
space
space
$46,982 | Props total: 1244 1244
Look at them calves
 6 years ago '10        #58
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 ondatpurple said:
bruh usually I agree with you but you kinda off with this perspective

new york city isnt the only place where they goin crazy about lin, its a nationwide hype

theres people all over the country buying his jersey and when he goes to different cities arenas the asians are there in droves to watch him play. maaaad people with linsanity signs and sh*t.

the race of him is obviously playing a role here. majority of the american public that aren't deeply into the nba don't even know that he was undrafted and played for d-league teams. the main storyline I see them running with on the news is that he's a harvard grad balling for the knicks. and once people see he's an asian guy it becomes a fascination that lands him on the cover of magazines and publications worldwide
You are missing the point of my argument

Is Lin the only sports Phenom to ever happen where everyone was extremely excited? No...in fact we witnessed one in the Nfl this year.

Think of the logic here...had Tebow been Asian people would say the same damn thing. People are OPPORTUNISTICLY using the fact that Lin is Asian to use that as a hype factor

Had Lin played well while the Knicks were winning and had his story been different he wouldn't bee as hyped, PERIOD

He's a nationwide sensation because NYC is media town. Therefore their is more COVERAGE of what's going on. Again are Asians excited and possibly excited because of his nationality? Yes

Is he a nationwide phenom across different ethnic group because he's Asian? No, it was a mic of the right time, right team, right situation, the element of surprise, and his phenomenal play. There aren't a lot of Asians that would be as hyped up as he is, the world does not react to someone this positively because of race. They never do, Phenoms always have or develop an it factor
 6 years ago '10        #59
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Killamike79 said:
Quite frankly, you need to study some common sense then. I'm going to entertain you with this last post though, bottomline, if Jeremy Lin wasn't Asian he wouldn't be getting covers on Time Magazine. I know it and you know it....but keep on trolling and arguing. You seem good at it.
Is he the only sports phenom in history? Answer that question then....

Is he the only phenom that's ever taken the world by storm? Were they Asian?? Probably not, but it wouldn't stop people like you from saying such. Does the racial goal post move to suit your point?

So answer my question...is he the only phenom to happen ever? What you are essentially doing, is formulating a theory based on what you see him as rather than analyze all the data and circumstances that led to the hype

Entertain me? , I'm amused because you and others aren't making logical arguments. No thinking involved, just "He's Asian /thread" when there have been several Phenoms throughout history and they were NOT Asian. Foh, all Lin had to be was have a unique story at a unique time
 6 years ago '05        #60
DaViLLe726 3 heat pts
space
space
$3,312 | Props total: 270 270
He dropped 38 on the lakers at the garden. Obviously hes gonna get the cover of time lol...stop hatin. People are so full of hate and envious these days.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
87 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
LIL FLIP shows $1,000,000 worth of JEWELRY!!!!!!
91 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
56 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
70 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
95 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
295 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
72 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy