Jeremy Lin Nabs Time Magazine Cover (pic)

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
47 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
109 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA New NBA logo? 👑🔥🔥🔥
83 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
290 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '10        #21
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 Killamike79 said:
and because he is asian american
Or because you're racially obsessed

Maroon_Tiger said:
you're wrong dude... its mostly b/c hes asian..

when tiger woods became popular, it wasnt bc of his play... most of his fans were b/c he was a black golfer dominating a white sport..

the jeremy lin hype is mostly b/c hes asian.. if he was black, lets be honest, he would have 10% of the fanbase... and noone in china or japan would even care, nor would he have an SI or TIME cover

case in point, VICTOR CRUZ did the same thing and people didnt catch on to him until week 18... victor cruz didnt get an SI, ESPN or TIME cover

You're proving that you see his race 1st and you're using the success he attained and attaching your own racial obsession to it. People who don't think like you do see a guy doing great while you see an ASIAN guy doing great. White people do it to blacks all the time in a variety of situations when blacks succeed

Jeremy Lin is hyped because he saved a team and worked hard. His hard work resulted in the most points in Nba history for his 1st 5-6 starts
 6 years ago '09        #22
NLSP42 153 heat pts153
space
space
$7,856 | Props total: 9121 9121
He got alot of hype because hes in NYC....if he was playing for the Kings and this happened....the media wouldnt have blown up in the same way.....
 6 years ago '05        #23
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,737 | Props total: 12561 12561
Of course Lins popularity is because he's asian.. But the time magazine and the constant 24/7 ESPN coverage is fu*kin annoying.. I can understand that Lin is like Asian Americans Jackie Robinson in a way.. Can't remember the last Asian-American who was even that damn good at any of the 3 major sports in america.. It'll die down after all-star break once his play comes back down to earth a bit.. He's still going to be a solid player, but I doubt this is going to be a year long frenzy.. Atleast I hope not.
 6 years ago '04        #24
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,918 | Props total: 635 635
 Maroon_Tiger said:
I see an asian guy who grinded like any person on earth... And that an asian nba player is rare so that is special as well.. I dont take any of his on the court sucess away from him but the media hype is mostly racially driven... And the fact that he plays in ny, where the media will d!ckryde anything hot

Dude im not saying that his success is because of his race... The fanatical obsession is primarily b/c a minority in sports is a sucess story. Had the guy been black he would get 10% of the hype

Like with tiger woods, people appreciated his success and that had nothing to do with race but most of the early hype was racially driven because he was an ODDITY...if lin plays like this for 1-2 more seasons, then his hype will be more valid and wont be as racially focused
i dnt see whats so hard to get about that. this guy knows nothing about what hes talking about. hes worked hard but him being asian drive that success tenfold. i went to the rockets practice before he got cut, the one they held for the fans, and dude, asians were lined up to see jeremy lin and he had never played a game for the rockets. ppl came to the practice with posters, had him sign one on court, taking pictures, the whole nine. asains appreciated him being in the L before the stardom, but when he started to play well they got REALLY happy, not only here but across the world.

ignoring the impact of race and what it means does not make you progressive or objective, infact it makes you a retard. you can go on nba.com right now and look at the article talking about what this means to asian americans and how hes breaking long held steretypes about asians, particularly asain males. to take away that element of his ascent would really rob the beauty of the story. thats like saying baracks presidency is significant just because of his hard work. stupid. everyone works hard to get to the presideny (negating nepotism obviously) but him being black or biracial makes his presidency special. nothing wrong with that. there has only been one asain guard to ever play in an nba game, it was a japanese dude who played for the suns and got cut, and he wasnt born over here. this sh*t is hella inspirational to asians and other ppl as well

this isnt to maroon tiger but to the dude he replied to
 6 years ago '08        #25
primetime 60 heat pts60
space
space
space
$21,343 | Props total: 97 97
starting to get sick of all this d!ck sucking.....
 6 years ago '08        #26
The N 469 heat pts469
space
space
$45,582 | Props total: 17255 17255
Yao is somewhere mad as fu*k, everybody forgot about him already
 6 years ago '05        #27
Afnorth123 10 heat pts10
space
space
$17,422 | Props total: 247 247
 The N said:
Yao is somewhere mad as fu*k, everybody forgot about him already

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

yaos telling lin to catch up..2 time covers..his own restaurant..his own wine...owns his own hoops team in china 2x all nba second team. 3x all nba third team

and at one point was considered the best at his position in the L

lins a flash in the pan..The ming dynasty lasted for a decade

6 years ago '04        #28
jplaydadon 9 heat pts
space
space
$4,918 | Props total: 635 635
 Afnorth123 said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

yaos telling lin to catch up..2 time covers..his own restaurant..his own wine...owns his own hoops team in china 2x all nba second team. 3x all nba third team

and at one point was considered the best at his position in the L

lins a flash in the pan..The ming dynasty lasted for a decade

:agreement6:
 02-18-2012, 01:10 AM         #29
Illstreet 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dude doesn't desearve the Cover of Time Magazine...

This sh*t is getting stupid.
 6 years ago '04        #30
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,975 | Props total: 3472 3472
Yea I am sick of this sh*t.

The media is so fu*king annoying.

I am glad dude is humble tho.
 6 years ago '08        #31
L.A's HiGhEsT 76 heat pts76
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 1 1
cut the bullsh*t its cuz he is asian, im not hating on him but its jus how it is when your a different race in a black owned sport like basketball..........
 6 years ago '05        #32
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
lol wow sports world today is lameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
 6 years ago '05        #33
Micheal C. Will 18 heat pts18
space
space
$28,230 | Props total: 15792 15792
 Smoke500 said:
Or because you're racially obsessed
Nope, I'm just pointing out that obvious. Its funny though I said "and"

And I didn't say him being Asian was the only reason, but it is a reason why he is getting so much pub. Stop being naive.
 6 years ago '07        #34
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
this dude been balling for 2 weeks and makes the cover of TIME magazine? are you fu*king kidding me?
 6 years ago '11        #35
illprem 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,182 | Props total: 76 76
 jplaydadon said:
i dnt see whats so hard to get about that. this guy knows nothing about what hes talking about. hes worked hard but him being asian drive that success tenfold. i went to the rockets practice before he got cut, the one they held for the fans, and dude, asians were lined up to see jeremy lin and he had never played a game for the rockets. ppl came to the practice with posters, had him sign one on court, taking pictures, the whole nine. asains appreciated him being in the L before the stardom, but when he started to play well they got REALLY happy, not only here but across the world.

ignoring the impact of race and what it means does not make you progressive or objective, infact it makes you a retard. you can go on nba.com right now and look at the article talking about what this means to asian americans and how hes breaking long held steretypes about asians, particularly asain males. to take away that element of his ascent would really rob the beauty of the story. thats like saying baracks presidency is significant just because of his hard work. stupid. everyone works hard to get to the presideny (negating nepotism obviously) but him being black or biracial makes his presidency special. nothing wrong with that. there has only been one asain guard to ever play in an nba game, it was a japanese dude who played for the suns and got cut, and he wasnt born over here. this sh*t is hella inspirational to asians and other ppl as well

thread shut down, everyone can log off now
 6 years ago '10        #36
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
 Maroon_Tiger said:
I see an asian guy who grinded like any person on earth... And that an asian nba player is rare so that is special as well.. I dont take any of his on the court sucess away from him but the media hype is mostly racially driven... And the fact that he plays in ny, where the media will d!ckryde anything hot

Dude im not saying that his success is because of his race... The fanatical obsession is primarily b/c a minority in sports is a sucess story. Had the guy been black he would get 10% of the hype

Like with tiger woods, people appreciated his success and that had nothing to do with race but most of the early hype was racially driven because he was an ODDITY...if lin plays like this for 1-2 more seasons, then his hype will be more valid and wont be as racially focused
 jplaydadon said:

You think that way...the city doesn't and his hype is mainly his story. Let's mix a recipe :

Struggling Knicks team + 2 stars get injured + everyone throwing Knicks in the trash divided by guy who was about to get cut and was thrown in due to desperation comes in, averages 26 points and 7 a.ssists, beats the Lakers by dropping 40, and makes a buzzer beater to win a game, not to mention energizing and unifying the team

Dude pulls up the team New York loves just as much if not more than the Yankees and his hype is because he's Asian

The Knicks win 7 games straight in a starving hungry city who may finally have a PG. And you think that if say...a guy that looked like Derrick Rose or Lebron James wouldn't be as hyped????

You say that and you know absolutely NOTHING...I repeat nothing of Sports

The people mentioning race are the people who see an Asian and not a guy. When people are cheering him on him being Asian is an after thought. It is when people look at him and attach it as a reason does it then actually become a reason

Last edited by Smoke500; 02-18-2012 at 02:05 AM..
 02-18-2012, 02:08 AM         #37
bxrulez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people still failing to see...........that the dude is ACTUALLY GOOD......like HE KNOWS HOW TO PLAY THE GAME......and thats UNTEACHABLE......dumbass really said Monta Ellis is better then him? HOW? Becuz he can score and look more flasher? That sh*t HAS NO MEANING....its all about WINNING....and Lin is a winner.....and smart and has FUNDAMENTALS DOWN PAT.....think about it....its only his 7th start he still learning.....obviously he gona get his turnovers down.....but u cant teach winning and making your teammates better....only GREAT players and legends do that.....Monta Ellis dont make his fu*king teammates better he just a 1 man show and the prime example of why the overall play in the league SUCKS a.ss NOW.....dudes can get they own but can't make they squads better when bball is a TEAM sport a 5 on 5 game! /thread
 6 years ago '10        #38
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
By the way, some people...especially the more and more people believe in evolution don't see race. Only when it is shoved in their faces by media or racial minded people is it an issue...but I and everyone I've spoken to hardly thought of or mentioned race when speaking about dude, it's all about perspective

Now if you want to argue that Asians are excited about him, they probably are. Blacks were excited about Obama too but that wasn't the reason he was so popular. And to go back to Tiger Woods...Woods was over hyped because of his squeaky clean image. It wasn't because he was black....him being black became something some made something of

Serena and Venus dominate or have dominated a mostly white sport....they've never been seen as icons or overhyped. They were simply successful...not iconic
 02-18-2012, 02:14 AM         #39
bxrulez 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Smoke500 said:
By the way, some people...especially the more and more people believe in evolution don't see race. Only when it is shoved in their faces by media or racial minded people is it an issue...but I and everyone I've spoken to hardly thought of or mentioned race when speaking about dude, it's all about perspective

Now if you want to argue that Asians are excited about him, they probably are. Blacks were excited about Obama too but that wasn't the reason he was so popular. And to go back to Tiger Woods...Woods was over hyped because of his squeaky clean image. It wasn't because he was black....him being black became something some made something of

Serena and Venus dominate or have dominated a mostly white sport....they've never been seen as icons or overhyped. They were simply successful...not iconic
Thats cuz Sererna and Venus are ACTUALLY BLACK and Obama and Tiger Woods arent.....they barley black....cmon now son....use common sense.
 6 years ago '10        #40
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 Smoke500 said:
You think that way...the city doesn't and his hype is mainly his story. Let's mix a recipe :

Struggling Knicks team + 2 stars get injured + everyone throwing Knicks in the trash divided by guy who was about to get cut and was thrown in due to desperation comes in, averages 26 points and 7 a.ssists, beats the Lakers by dropping 40, and makes a buzzer beater to win a game, not to mention energizing and unifying the team

Dude pulls up the team New York loves just as much if not more than the Yankees and his hype is because he's Asian

The Knicks win 7 games straight in a starving hungry city who may finally have a PG. And you think that if say...a guy that looked like Derrick Rose or Lebron James wouldn't be as hyped????

You say that and you know absolutely NOTHING...I repeat nothing of Sports

The people mentioning race are the people who see an Asian and not a guy. When people are cheering him on him being Asian is an after thought. It is when people look at him and attach it as a reason does it then actually become a reason
bruh usually I agree with you but you kinda off with this perspective

new york city isnt the only place where they goin crazy about lin, its a nationwide hype

theres people all over the country buying his jersey and when he goes to different cities arenas the asians are there in droves to watch him play. maaaad people with linsanity signs and sh*t.

the race of him is obviously playing a role here. majority of the american public that aren't deeply into the nba don't even know that he was undrafted and played for d-league teams. the main storyline I see them running with on the news is that he's a harvard grad balling for the knicks. and once people see he's an asian guy it becomes a fascination that lands him on the cover of magazines and publications worldwide
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
35 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
76 comments
19 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
115 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
167 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
118 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
22 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
129 comments
19 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
65 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy