most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
22 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
118 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #61
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Plies is the new 2pac

Ross is the new biggie

Asap rocky is the new big L

J.Cole is the new nas

Lil Wayne is the best rapper alive

Mac miller is the new Eminem

I think hiphop is moving in the right direction
 6 years ago '10        #62
Ant McQueen 16 heat pts16
space
space
$12,564 | Props total: 5929 5929
BIG came off more natural too (judging by interviews). Ross always seems like he's in character.
 6 years ago '11        #63
Lucky Lefty14 31 heat pts31
space
space
$2,217 | Props total: 65 65
 SugaHillRomello said:
Listen brother

U are entitled to ur opinion and Im not trying to change that, but it sounds like you are not all the way familiar with Ross' contribution to hiphop MUSICALLY. ROSS CAN RAP just as well as Biggie did. I personally prefer Ross to Biggie because IMO Ross CAN craft SONGS better than Biggie could. Ross has better beat selection, and Ross IS STILL ALIVE and adding to his legacy.

Y'all need to stop acting like we're comparing Big to Lil B or some other gimmick rapper with no talent(cough cough Curtis cough) this is a valid comparison. Biggie was not on Lupes or Nas' level lyrically, he was never that nice. Y'all just overrate the hell outta Biggie.......

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

When Ross makes a song remotely close to any of these, get at me. The only album track i can think of that Ross has where he painted a picture was Pots and Pans, and it wasn't an overwhelming track.

And your argument that Ross' beat selection is better than Biggie's own is just stupid, of course a more MODERN sound will be more appealing than beats that were made 15 years ago. That's like saying NBA n*ggas now are better than those in the 90's SOLELY because they are better dunkers.
 6 years ago '04        #64
The S-Word 
space
space
$3,679 | Props total: 1300 1300
...Lyrically, there's no comparison between Biggie and Ross. I'm surprised Cease even disrespected his Ghostwriter like that, but it is what it is

KREW said:
When did Timbo work with B.I.G.?
...Probably around '96. There were a few artists that B.I.G. wanted to/was going to work with before he died, which included Missy (I read about it years ago. Shocking, I know ). That may have been Tim's connection to working with Biggie
 6 years ago '09        #65
5_star_smitty|m 208 heat pts208
space
space
$44,548 | Props total: 3846 3846
rozay is the jeremy lin of the hip hop spot (recently)...
5 threads on the front page minimum
 02-17-2012, 07:59 PM         #66
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5_star_smitty said:
rozay is the jeremy lin of the hip hop spot (recently)...
5 threads on the front page minimum
Smitty Im almost positive MMG has paid-Bloggers because that fat Black Ross has never even gone platinum like Em' but his threads do numbers!

I smell a conspiracy.
 02-17-2012, 09:00 PM         #67
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
my dad (and my uncle cosgined) said it best mayne, Rauce = a 1 Man EPMD

not so much content so dont trip mayne. obviously Erick & Parrish aint never really rap bout coke deals & mafioso tales but talmbout artistic approach & identity. EPMD wuznt no elite lyricists like they peers Rakim, Slick Rick, Kane, G Rap or KRS but they wuz TRILL. they knew how to approach each beat and spit that fly sh*t u remember word for word. and not like they wuznt lyrical at all cuz them 2 n*ggas could spit that crack but it wuznt like n*ggas finna say they pen game from another planet. Biggie pen game on another level

Timbo wrong becuz Biggie wuz elite. it dont discredit whut Rauce do becuz fu*k da dumb sh*t bout correctional officers mayne he be spittin. Big better than Rauce but that aint no knock on him. how many n*ggas is better than muthafu*kin Biggie? not too many furreal. da comparisons aint disrespect it jus shows how n*ggas want that ole thang back (dont even ask me how) n*ggas always lookin 4 a new Jordan, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Wayne Gretzky, Tupac Shakur, Michael Jackson ya dig? is whut it is
 6 years ago '04        #68
TizOnly1 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 7569 7569
I'm not even gonna comment on Timbo saying whatever...

but Ross' next album is really called "God Forgives.. I Don't"?

Really Ross?

smh @ this fraudulent n*gga. The fake-ass godfather bravado is unbearable.
 6 years ago '05        #69
Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,937 | Props total: 30338 30338
Remember when timbo was in fade to black
With that sausage behind his neck
drinking pink kool aid out a 2 gallon Poland spring bottle
and eating Chiquita bananas

fu*king munkey
 6 years ago '08        #70
arthurmack27 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,934 | Props total: 687 687
its just promotion. calm down.
 6 years ago '12        #71
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,194 | Props total: 11489 11489
 Retro said:
Oh so that's what this is about...
Yes and no. I was never into Big, Never. I grinded on bi*ches in the club when Big poppa came on because, that what was up, but that fake a.ss persona he had wasnt my style back then. I was a Me against the world type person, so yeah thats what some of this is about.

But I grew up, went through my own trials and tribulations, and no longer needed to live vicariously through a rappers life. So I respect Big and his contribution to hip hop today, and recognize his legendary status, although, I thought he was over rated back then. He is a LEGEND.

With that being said though, like Rap alluded to earlier, dude(big) only has two albums. Ross has so many verses that many of his detractors, forget, his above average lyrical gems. They harp on the "bmf" flow, as if there arent 30+ songs that are distinctly different from that style. Lyrics and lyricism are subjective, if you feel what the artist is sayin, then you think they are kicking science. One mans "girls pee pee when they see me" could be anothers "I know the real noriega, he owe me a hundred favors". Both lines are embellishment, and most likely didnt happen, but why is one, so cherished while the other so scrutinized?
 6 years ago '08        #72
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276
timbo needs to get back in the studio with justin timberlake white a.ss....their last album was crack
 6 years ago '05        #73
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
If Biggie is a 10/10 lyrically Rick Ross is a 6 at best. And thats being nice.

Biggie went 5x plat then he went 10x plat on his next one. He has timeless hits and albums. Ross is the cool rapper of the moment.

Timbo is one of the corniest people in music by far by the way.
 6 years ago '11        #74
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,075 | Props total: 515 515
yo jay, get at this n*gga
 6 years ago '06        #75
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
This is really what rap has come to. A former corrections officer turned fraudulent rapper is being stamped the reincarnated BIG. What a complete disgrace.
 6 years ago '05        #76
Str8 outta Cuse 5 heat pts
space
space
$5,515 | Props total: 49 49
 44wade said:
Yes and no. I was never into Big, Never. I grinded on bi*ches in the club when Big poppa came on because, that what was up, but that fake a.ss persona he had wasnt my style back then. I was a Me against the world type person, so yeah thats what some of this is about.

But I grew up, went through my own trials and tribulations, and no longer needed to live vicariously through a rappers life. So I respect Big and his contribution to hip hop today, and recognize his legendary status, although, I thought he was over rated back then. He is a LEGEND.

With that being said though, like Rap alluded to earlier, dude(big) only has two albums. Ross has so many verses that many of his detractors, forget, his above average lyrical gems. They harp on the "bmf" flow, as if there arent 30+ songs that are distinctly different from that style. Lyrics and lyricism are subjective, if you feel what the artist is sayin, then you think they are kicking science. One mans "girls pee pee when they see me" could be anothers "I know the real noriega, he owe me a hundred favors". Both lines are embellishment, and most likely didnt happen, but why is one, so cherished while the other so scrutinized?

It's cool to say that your not feeling Biggie like that and that you relate to or like Ross more, but to say that Rick Ross is seeing Biggie lyrically is just crazy.
 6 years ago '10        #77
shadydre85 34 heat pts34
space
space
$9,440 | Props total: 2400 2400
 6 years ago '05        #78
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,206 | Props total: 11809 11809
 6 years ago '05        #79
caliblacc 1 heat pts
space
space
$942 | Props total: 71 71
Gtfooh
 6 years ago '04        #80
eza 
space
space
$3,686 | Props total: 1 1
Rick ross must be fu*king these n*ggas to get all this props no homo because this dude is garbage
Home      

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
31 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
41 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
39 comments
22 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Jadeveon Clowney Calls Blake Bortles 'Trash' After Jaguars' Win
54 comments
18 hours ago