Timbaland Declares Rick Ross the ‘Reincarnated B.I.G.’

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
90 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
61 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #41
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,815 | Props total: 2614 2614
 Kid Cunner said:
Internet tough guys..whoa....

EDIT: And where did I talk reckless? You are some random one guy declaring that Ross has no great albums, as if it's music law. You are the one talking reckless. I simply stated that, your opinion isn't the end all be all, and there and enough reviews that dispute your claims. Stop trying to be so tough on the keyboard b.
yall n*ggas pissin me off puttin words in my mouth n sh*t. I don't got a problem with none of these n*ggas except the beat thief they call Timbaland and y'all keep replyin to me with that bullsh*t like I'm attackin Ross. There is no reviewer praising any Rick Ross album like it's great. Nobody callin his music classic. Come on man you can wiki all these albums and see what reviewers rate them

)

Kanye West has great albums. Rick Ross doesn't. Doesn't mean he's bad, a GREAT album is rare, especially these days.
 6 years ago '04        #42
Wigs 
space
space
$703 | Props total: 7 7
all rick ross' sh*t sounds the same.
 6 years ago '11        #43
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
The disrespect for Big is sickening yo. The man is probably doing barrel rolls in his grave...
 6 years ago '12        #44
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,061 | Props total: 11275 11275
 justinjones said:
wait so you think he is better than biggie because of the beats he used?

like biggie had bad beats?

I think ross is a more complete artist, yes. Ross is known for his attention to detail on his songs. Diddy created the notorious kony character including beats.
 02-17-2012, 05:26 PM         #45
JayDee11 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 44wade said:
I think people under estimate rozays ability, but the whole indutry seems to recognize it. Ross surpasses big imo, because he is more of a complete artist, when you add his ear for beats.
This right here is the epitome of the new wave of fans. Ross surpasses BIG cause of his goddamn ear for beats. Nevermind that BIG never had to be confined to the "great production" labeling because of his uncanny ability to tell a vivid story, ridiculous versatility, emaculate flow, lyrical genius amongst other things. But hey, all those don't even compare to the complete artistry of picking a good beat. Jesus.
 6 years ago '11        #46
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 44wade said:
I think ross is a more complete artist, yes. Ross is known for his attention to detail on his songs. Diddy created the notorious kony character including beats.
I don't like playing the age card but you've got to be a young cat talkin like this...
 6 years ago '04        #47
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,366 | Props total: 6377 6377
 Jaymalls said:
Im pretty sure Timbo produced multiple songs for BIG that just didn't make the album... Your still right though!
unless he tried to make some sh!t for l.a.d that didn't make it then he didn't produced anything for him when he was alive. the 1st rap album he started doing stuff for was missy and that was in 97
 6 years ago '04        #48
space
space
 44wade said:
so because diddy was good at his job at being an executive producer that means that ross is a better rapper..... is that what you're saying.....

good lord boxden has went complete batsh!t
 6 years ago '10        #49
RedLight 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,405 | Props total: 2348 2348
I swear this forum is retarded.

No sh*t Ross is NOT better than BIG lyrically... im pretty sure he'll even tell you the same. When Diddy, Cease, Timbo etc compare Ross to BIG they are talking about the way Ross carries himself, his approach to music, how fans are responding to him etc.

Keep in mind ALL of these people worked and were around BIG, so when they speak on the similarities they are prb. speaking from how Ross REMINDS them of BIG's aura... that energy that Ross currently has can DEFITNETLY be compared to BIG.
 02-17-2012, 05:32 PM         #50
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Timbo worked with BIG?....Anyhow, Big was a young reckless and very talented dude who lived every single bar he rapped about. That alone puts them on different lanes. No disrespect to Ross, but he'll never be half the artist BIG was. He's a great copy at best.
 6 years ago '11        #51
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617

[video - click to view]

When ross makes a song that comes close to this we can talk until then

Last edited by Kingpin 313; 02-17-2012 at 05:49 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #52
Martel 18 heat pts18
space
space
$14,815 | Props total: 2614 2614
 SugaHillRomello said:
Listen brother

U are entitled to ur opinion and Im not trying to change that, but it sounds like you are not all the way familiar with Ross' contribution to hiphop MUSICALLY. ROSS CAN RAP just as well as Biggie did. I personally prefer Ross to Biggie because IMO Ross CAN craft SONGS better than Biggie could. Ross has better beat selection, and Ross IS STILL ALIVE and adding to his legacy.

Y'all need to stop acting like we're comparing Big to Lil B or some other gimmick rapper with no talent(cough cough Curtis cough) this is a valid comparison. Biggie was not on Lupes or Nas' level lyrically, he was never that nice. Y'all just overrate the hell outta Biggie.......
Contribution to Hip-Hop? You mean Gunplay, Torch & all these other rappers who want to recreate BMF?

Preference is cool and all I can't knock you for that. I love blasting Rick Ross' records, they're good but I've never been taken on a "journey" with his music. He's not that good at painting pictures like Biggie. Again, I might be wrong, I'm speaking about his album material. You posted a great song which reminds me of Biggie's lyricism but there isn't a lot of that on his albums. I've vibed to his music but I never "felt" it.

I never felt Rick Ross' hunger. I never felt his pain. Biggie was great at doing this. My Downfall, JUICY, Suicidal Thoughts, Everyday Struggle, Sky's The Limit are only a few of songs of BIG I felt. I know someone will jump out and say "OH he lied on Juicy about this and that" but his lyrics seem far more believable and honest. Rick Ross is great at rhyming words together but he is not as good as a story teller at all. I guess if rhyming and slick lines are what you into you'd choose Rick Ross, but his lyrics seem so emotionless compared to BIG's.
 02-17-2012, 05:42 PM         #53
Tybigbigguy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Kingpin 313 said:

When biggie makes a song that comes close to this we can talk until then
He did it's called Juicy
 6 years ago '12        #54
44wade 289 heat pts289
space
space
space
$24,061 | Props total: 11275 11275
I said fu*k big in 1993, & ill say it today. Ross is better imo, I aint never had alumberjack to match, im in miami bitvh
 6 years ago '04        #55
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:

When biggie makes a song that comes close to this we can talk until then
 Tybigbigguy said:
He did it's called Juicy
:rolll augh:
 6 years ago '10        #56
SoulOnIce 67 heat pts67
space
space
space
$13,765 | Props total: 946 946

Ross is top 5
 6 years ago '11        #57
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
 44wade said:
I said fu*k big in 1993, & ill say it today. Ross is better imo, I aint never had alumberjack to match, im in miami bitvh
Oh so that's what this is about...
 02-17-2012, 05:54 PM         #58
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Martel said:
sit down. nobody said I'm mad at the comparisons I can give a fu*k, Rick Ross isn't the next Biggie and sales and his impact show that. Rick Ross has NO great albums. Every one of them got a good track here and there and a bunch of fillers. Big was what 22 when he dropped Ready to Die? Rick Ross was damn near 2x his age when his first CD drops and it doesn't even deserve to be recognized with his posthumous material. Voletta Wallace her damn self can tell me Rick Ross is the next BIG and I wouldn't take it seriously, why? because his music says otherwise. and again I like Rick Ross a lot but his music is not fu*kin with bigs period.
You my brother so I respect your opinion.

I'm neutral on the issue because I never worked with B.I.G or met him personally and I tend to respect the opinion of the people that knew him over the people that didn't.

Now does Ross have that B.I.G aura ..yes that can't be denied regardless of how you feel about their lyrical skills.

I always argue with my peoples about Biggies discography Vs other discographys and I always remind them that Biggie only had two albums and less than 60 songs so it's hard to compare to be honest.
 02-17-2012, 05:55 PM         #59
Tybigbigguy 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
This n*gga said Ross >> Biggie
 02-17-2012, 05:58 PM         #60
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
sh*t is hella creepy I ain't never had an actual man try this hard to get my attention.

Jungle fever I guess. the gift & the curse.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
84 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
64 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
37 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Eminem's First Week numbers for every album ranked
45 comments
20 hours ago