MTV’s 2012 Hottest MC In The Game #6: Jay-Z

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
65 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
18 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #61
iamsoulja 182 heat pts182
space
space
$4,548 | Props total: 3855 3855
#1 ......I met a bad red bone, I took the bi*ch home, I asked her what she want to watch, she said surely not, "The Throne." - Lil Wayne
 02-17-2012, 11:09 AM         #62
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
1. Ross
2. Drake
3. Wayne
 02-17-2012, 11:11 AM         #63
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
5. ASAP Rocky
 02-17-2012, 11:12 AM         #64
coolbeans 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
that list is bullsh*t
 6 years ago '04        #65
#1nasfan 
space
space
$11,854 | Props total: 5196 5196
1.Drake
2.Wayne
3.Ross
4.Kanye
5.Nicki

And there is not as much wrong with this list as some people are saying imo.
 6 years ago '09        #66
space
space
 Sam Rothstein said:
1. Ross
2. Drake
3. Wayne
Dude Can't Even Sell Past Gold
but i do fu*ks with Ross but he wont be number 1
 02-17-2012, 11:18 AM         #67
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Affectz said:
is that how they judging it? based off that or what they did last year? In that case J.cole should've been on the list for that friday night lights and wiz shouldve been ranked higher for kush and oj
yeah that's why everyone said Cole got snubbed
 6 years ago '04        #68
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,565 | Props total: 2836 2836
why would Jay be any higher than this

all he did all year was do half the raps on a platinum album

i mean lets be honest here. . .
 02-17-2012, 11:20 AM         #69
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iamsoulja said:
Dude Can't Even Sell Past Gold
BMF was the last hottest street single since Lean Back, his name is all over hip-hop, he's the most talked about, had the hottest mixtape this year so far, dropped hot sh*t back to back. Got the hottest adlibs in the game right now (Whooooooooooo). Nobody is talking about the Carter 4 anymore,
 6 years ago '05        #70
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,201 | Props total: 11808 11808
 Dangerously said:
According to MTV, Meek Mill is one step away from being as hot as Jay-Z.

Let that sink in.
This......Right......HERE...
 6 years ago '09        #71
Arob 20 heat pts20
space
space
$3,771 | Props total: 940 940
 abstractq said:
why would Jay be any higher than this

all he did all year was do half the raps on a platinum album

i mean lets be honest here. . .

6 years ago '10        #72
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,902 | Props total: 21185 21185
 Graftedgenes said:
Their is no single "swag" category it's Swagger & Intangibles.

Jayz is #6 because everything he did in 2011 he had Kanye West holding his hand while Young Money stamped their brand everywhere and MMG outmaneuvered everybody.
Swag & Swagger is pretty much the same thing though. The way the present themselves, the trends they've set, the charisma they have. That's Swag & Jay has that, undisputable.

And no everything Jay did in 2011 wasn't from Kanye holding his hands, where are you getting that from? Last I checked they did a tour together, they did an album together, they put up a site where people followed the WTT tour backstage together, they put out singles together, their buzz was insanely high from the hype of their album & the concerts they did together.

So please tell where was his hand being held?

Oh you mean on the songs where Kanye outshined Jay? Oh wait...that didn't happen anywhere on the album except for New Day. Oh I get it you mean where Kanye put out a alb.....oh damn wait he didn't do that either.

I have no problem with Rick Ross, Weezy & Drake being ahead of Jay because this thing is pretty much a young man's game but Jay-Z at number #6 on this type of list where the criteria clearly suits him is just laughable.

Last edited by Agentzer0oo0; 02-17-2012 at 11:25 AM..
 02-17-2012, 11:26 AM         #73
Millerionaire87 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
n*ggas in this thread salty as fuuuk......#6 haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
 02-17-2012, 11:26 AM         #74
Sam Rothstein 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 THEINFAMOUS said:
This......Right......HERE...
Yes, Meek Mill is one step away from being hotter than Jay. Jay hasn't being doing sh*t, you don't hear his sh*t in house parties.
 6 years ago '09        #75
space
space
 Sam Rothstein said:
BMF was the last hottest street single since Lean Back, his name is all over hip-hop, he's the most talked about, had the hottest mixtape this year so far, dropped hot sh*t back to back. Got the hottest adlibs in the game right now (Whooooooooooo). Nobody is talking about the Carter 4 anymore,

i don't even think B.M.F (single) went platinum
 02-17-2012, 11:28 AM         #76
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SugaHillRomello said:
Man i ain't paying no attention to these clowns on this website, dudes mad because the list doesn't look they way they want it to. Based on the CRITERIA this list is pretty good so far imo. Plus the panel is made up of US, not some corny wannabes like you get from sites like Complex. My top 5 prediction

1)Ross
2)Drake
3)Kanye
4)Nicki
5)Wayne

Although im kinda up in the air about that 1 spot, they might give it to Drake
Boxdens demographics reflects in their opinions.

If you put 9 brothers & sisters from within the culture on a panel their list is going to look eerily similar to ours.

If you put 9 hang-gliders from outside the culture on a panel their list is going to look like the list on an Internet rap forum.

You putting Ross at #1 is easy for me to see but for someone who may be culturally-clueless will see him at #1 and say "Oh my God dude how can that frigging be"!

They don't understand what "Impact" is or how huge it is to secure a deal with WMG for your imprint while still being on UMG.

Things like the guerilla film crews and visuals are another component lost on people, but you feel me.
 6 years ago '04        #77
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
 Affectz said:
is that how they judging it? based off that or what they did last year? In that case J.cole should've been on the list for that friday night lights and wiz shouldve been ranked higher for kush and oj
most of it. its only feburary
 6 years ago '04        #78
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,444 | Props total: 6515 6515
if ross is number 1 than diddy would of been number 1 back in 1997

because as an solo artist he has done less than he ever has this past year
 6 years ago '04        #79
abstractq 5 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,565 | Props total: 2836 2836
Lightskin dude in the video is a clear camel warrior tho. . .

but again, end of the day, Jay was Robin on that album. Its a kanye album featuring Jay-z. The tour felt like a kanye tour featuring jay-z

all jay did was write half the raps. . .Thats half a high-selling album to his credit for the year. So, number 6 is about right

The meek mill placement on this list is a much worse selection
 02-17-2012, 11:35 AM         #80
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Swag & Swagger is pretty much the same thing though. The way the present themselves, the trends they've set, the charisma they have. That's Swag & Jay has that, undisputable.

And no everything Jay did in 2011 wasn't from Kanye holding his hands, where are you getting that from? Last I checked they did a tour together, they did an album together, they put up a site where people followed the WTT tour backstage together, they put out singles together, their buzz was insanely high from the hype of their album & the concerts they did together.

So please tell where was his hand being held?

Oh you mean on the songs where Kanye outshined Jay? Oh wait...that didn't happen anywhere on the album except for New Day. Oh I get it you mean where Kanye put out a alb.....oh damn wait he didn't do that either.

I have no problem with Rick Ross, Weezy & Drake being ahead of Jay because this thing is pretty much a young man's game but Jay-Z at number #6 on this type of list where the criteria clearly suits him is just laughable.

You are exactly right they didn't hold hands they just did an album together, videos together, toured together and spent 2011 together for the WTT project.

Yeah Jay is at #6 because YMCMB had 3 solo artists that had bigger years than him because he had a great year doing a collaborative project TOGETHER with Kanye.

Kanye had a hotter year than Jay because he still had "All of the Lights", his Grammys, his production and "Marvin Gaye & Chardonay".....his GOOD Music label is poppin' and he secured a deal with Def Jam.

That's 4 artists that are Hotter than JayZ based on the criteria and Ross parks his Caddy in the living-room....5 artists with JayZ at 6.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
16 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy