MTVís 2012 Hottest MC In The Game #6: Jay-Z

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
62 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
243 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Akademiks bout that Twitch Irl life.
36 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-17-2012, 10:16 AM         #41
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SugaHillRomello said:
I can't front though, MTV ain't doing too bad with this list so far
You should see the list Boxden made

They had a 5 way tie with LiL Wayne being the 10th hottest rapper in the game and BiG Krit like #5.........alternate universe.
 6 years ago '04        #42
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
 Graftedgenes said:
I know it hurts you inside but just face facts that JayZ piggybacked Kanye while other artists stood alone.

JayZ spent his 2011 sharing the spotlight with Kanye.

What hit song did JayZ have as a solo artist in 2011
What tour did JayZ headline as a solo artist in 2011

At least Kanye West had "All of the lights" buzzing and "Marvin Gaye & Chardonnay", stood next to he artist with pride, he easily edged Jay.

Drake is at the top of his game dropped a gem and dropped the meme of 2011, beef with Common easily hotter than Jay.

Nicki everywhere from the Superbowl to the Grammys "Superbass" etc, chick got Japanes bruads singing her lyrics.

Wayne pissed all over everybody this year sales, touring, label-moves, accolades, chart position, his label runs HipHop

Ross ordered crab legs with the heavy butter.

Be happy that Kanye shared some of his spotlight with Euro-Jay or he might not have made that list.

and none of the people in your post can rap like Hov

Hov supposed to be number 1 on everybody's list, lets see what happens when he no longer exists :agreement6:
 02-17-2012, 10:20 AM         #43
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dangerously said:
If that's the case, Mac Miller will be number 5 then

criteria breh. urban radio spins? media buzz? swag/presentation?

and he wuznt even IN DA POOL OF EMCEES THEY PICKIN FROM JUST LIKE J. COLE WUZNT

do n*ggas even got da necessary information to discuss MTV's choices here?
 02-17-2012, 10:26 AM         #44
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Young Hov said:
and none of the people in your post can rap like Hov

Hov supposed to be number 1 on everybody's list, lets see what happens when he no longer exists :agreement6:
Hov might easily be the most skilled artist on that list and his discography is most defiantly #1 but this is about who's hot in the streets, and who's buzzin' who's making moves within the culture etc.

Hov is still the Michael Jordon of this sh*t but you can't deny that Kobe & Labron are hotter right now.
 6 years ago '10        #45
Blue GM 247 heat pts247
space
space
space
$3,185 | Props total: 2 2
 Marvin Hagler said:

6 years ago '04        #46
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,431 | Props total: 6466 6466
 Marvin Hagler said:

i know he wasn't in it but mac miller should of been though. seriously some of them people in the pool i can say he got more buzz than them
 6 years ago '09        #47
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 74 74
MTV looking good........Gtfo
 02-17-2012, 10:36 AM         #48
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
i know he wasn't in it but mac miller should of been though. seriously some of them people in the pool i can say he got more buzz than them
I'm saying. People forget that Mac Miller's wack a.ss dropped a number one album, had two videos with heavy MTV Airplay and BDE was a huge tape.

I think the list is strange, but that's just me.
 6 years ago '06        #49
Affectz 131 heat pts131
space
space
$8,219 | Props total: 4501 4501
Why u guys getting mad? Do u really think jay put in alot of hard work in last year? Or are u just giving him more props than he deserves since he finally got B pregnant, a real n*gga woulda been did that a long time ago,jay didn't put out as much hits as those other guys last year,your judging sh*t based off jay's career,u comparing like a dumbass,if jay is 6 then I expect kanye to be 5,the new school taking over,these older dudes lucky to even be on the list like that, fu*kouttahere u got camels nuts so far up your mouth u can't talk right with sense,bi*ch a.ss stans see if I u find u in the streets it's gonna be a problem,young!!!
 6 years ago '10        #50
Blue GM 247 heat pts247
space
space
space
$3,185 | Props total: 2 2
 Affectz said:
Why u guys getting mad? Do u really think jay put in alot of hard work in last year? Or are u just giving him more props than he deserves since he finally got B pregnant, a real n*gga woulda been did that a long time ago,jay didn't put out as much hits as those other guys last year,your judging sh*t based off jay's career,u comparing like a dumbass,if jay is 6 then I expect kanye to be 5,the new school taking over,these older dudes lucky to even be on the list like that, fu*kouttahere u got camels nuts so far up your mouth u can't talk right with sense,bi*ch a.ss stans see if I u find u in the streets it's gonna be a problem,young!!!
stopped reading after this. you must lost your gottam mind if you think kanye would be 5 on any list....
 02-17-2012, 10:50 AM         #51
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Blue GM said:
stopped reading after this. you must lost your gottam mind if you think kanye would be 5 on any list....
I wouldn't be surprised if Kanye is 4 or 5 on this list.
 6 years ago '06        #52
Affectz 131 heat pts131
space
space
Kanye will probably be # 4 but that's as high as he's gonna go this year,he'll maybe even get a 3 position if these MTV f*ggots are stans like u,there's no denying drake,Wayne and ross are above him on that list
 02-17-2012, 10:54 AM         #53
Karamu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Affectz said:
Kanye will probably be # 4 but that's as high as he's gonna go this year,he'll maybe even get a 3 position if these MTV f*ggots are stans like u,there's no denying drake,Wayne and ross are above him on that list

since the last list Kanye's released MBDTF, WTT, the second half of GOOD Fridays, WTT Tour, and multiple popular singles
 6 years ago '04        #54
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,431 | Props total: 6466 6466
 Affectz said:
i can make an argument that kanye could be above ross on this
 6 years ago '10        #55
Agentzer0oo0 209 heat pts209
space
space
$67,887 | Props total: 21122 21122
Let's see the criteria for the list is Buzz, Swag, Lyrics, Sales, Impact, Skill & Music...

Now how is Jay number 6 again?
 02-17-2012, 11:00 AM         #56
coolbeans 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wait the fu*k is this sh*t
 6 years ago '11        #57
SugaHillRomello 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$858 | Props total: 0 0
 Graftedgenes said:
You should see the list Boxden made

They had a 5 way tie with LiL Wayne being the 10th hottest rapper in the game and BiG Krit like #5.........alternate universe.
Man i ain't paying no attention to these clowns on this website, dudes mad because the list doesn't look they way they want it to. Based on the CRITERIA this list is pretty good so far imo. Plus the panel is made up of US, not some corny wannabes like you get from sites like Complex. My top 5 prediction

1)Ross
2)Drake
3)Kanye
4)Nicki
5)Wayne

Although im kinda up in the air about that 1 spot, they might give it to Drake
 6 years ago '06        #58
Affectz 131 heat pts131
space
space
 Karamu said:

since the last list Kanye's released MBDTF, WTT, the second half of GOOD Fridays, WTT Tour, and multiple popular singles
is that how they judging it? based off that or what they did last year? In that case J.cole should've been on the list for that friday night lights and wiz shouldve been ranked higher for kush and oj
 02-17-2012, 11:05 AM         #59
Dangerously 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Karamu said:

I think Kanye is number 1, but MTV has a short memory.
 02-17-2012, 11:06 AM         #60
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Agentzer0oo0 said:
Let's see the criteria for the list is Buzz, Swag, Lyrics, Sales, Impact, Skill & Music...

Now how is Jay number 6 again?

Their is no single "swag" category it's Swagger & Intangibles.

Jayz is #6 because everything he did in 2011 he had Kanye West holding his hand while Young Money stamped their brand everywhere and MMG outmaneuvered everybody.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
28 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
83 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
53 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
207 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy