2/17 Hornets (6-23) at Knicks (15-15) 7:30 EST

most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
33 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
210 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL New England Patriots (10-2) @ Miami Dolphins (5-7) Official Game Thread
150 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #401
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,111 | Props total: 10 10
 PTC said:
His shooting % is based off his ability to take SMART shots, and driving to the bucket. Like I said, he's not out there creating jumpers off isolation plays.

His TO's will HAVE to go down and they will NATURALLY go down as he plays more, practices, studies...etc.

Are you even taking into consideration development? You talking like, he is who he is now and he's not going to get better...

The fact that he IS where he IS NOW is a huge impression. With Melo/Amare in the lineup, he won't have to take forced shots and can fall back into a more conservative roll as far as scoring and just take open jumpers/shots in the paint.

You talking about his "legs not going to be there"... where is this even from? Yeah if D'antoni is going to be playing him like this, he'll tire at some point, but what young rookie player wouldn't?

I haven't heard one valid point of why his game will just dramatically drop off into suckage.
wow man, can you find somewhere where i said he would suck? lol hes not a 25 and 10 player, know how i know? because no one in the league is. so those numbers are an aberration, not the norm. and i said hes not going to continue to shoot 50%, which is obvious because hes taking some pretty bad shots, some just happened to go in. if you think hes going to continue to be able to be counted on for fadeaway jumpers on a regular basis, if you think he will, more power to you. to me, the only thing hes doing is scoring. like i said, i personally dont care if someone gets 10 a.ssists if they turn it over 7 times. you say his turnovers will go down, but theres no chance his a.ssists will? you expect novak to shoot the way hes shot the week the rest of the season? because i remember novak bricking almost everything for the first 15 games, until he finally got hot this past week or 2. how many free asists lin get because of that?
your coming back at me, claiming im hating or saying hes going to be garbage or something lol its funny. even the other posts ive made about him said he seems like hes a smart player, but makes dumb plays as well, so its up in the air for me. hes obviously a smart guy, but between the turnovers and quite a few bad shots, hes not showing it so much.
he benefitted from the schedule, we played some real weak defensive teams. its funny, everyone in the league know we had no point guard, so teams werent prepping to stop a pick and roll or anything from us. he caught a TON of people off guard. obviously he needs a good amount of skill to even make the shots at all, because tony douglas sure as hell cant. he also needs a lot of skill to even be able to get into the lane like he does.
i never said he wasnt good. im saying hes not elite now, the way people are making him out to be. you have people putting him in the top 4 point guards in the league. you have people saying hes better than rondo. you have people saying his nba2k rating shouldve hit 80 lol. those are the people im responding to. as well as the knicks fans who were ghost up until he started producing.
i actually do hope he turns out to be a gem, because we had NO production at point. sh*t, ANY positive production was a plus, let alone 20 plus points and 7 plus a.ssists. ive watched all his games, and he was unreal those first couple. but there were also a couple games where he actually didnt play as good as the numbers made him look, and people werent pointing out the turnovers.
i put him at a 6 out of ten right now. i do think hes serviceable/slightly above average as a point guard, and thats only because i think hes smart and knows he needs to get everyone involved. hell, if i had access to the facilities they have, id be a million times better of a player a month from now than i am today. so obviously he has plenty of time to get better, with enough effort, ANYONE can be a better player. and i hope he does. lets just let him be an average point guard first before proclaiming him an allstar after 6 games.
 6 years ago '08        #402
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,516 | Props total: 17114 17114
 FappingFapstar said:
they missed a lot of FTs and turnovers

gotta get that on lock

lin will learn.....if they win against mavs sunday......this will be a mere gone lose
4-24 FROM 3..............not good either

24 turn overs 9 turnovers by Lin alone lead to 26 points for Hornets=knicks losing
 6 years ago '06        #403
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
Knicks fan need to look at it on the bright side

Now when Melo is back and they lose he won't get all the blame...
 6 years ago '06        #404
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
 haff3131 said:
wow man, can you find somewhere where i said he would suck? lol hes not a 25 and 10 player, know how i know? because no one in the league is. so those numbers are an aberration, not the norm. and i said hes not going to continue to shoot 50%, which is obvious because hes taking some pretty bad shots, some just happened to go in. if you think hes going to continue to be able to be counted on for fadeaway jumpers on a regular basis, if you think he will, more power to you. to me, the only thing hes doing is scoring. like i said, i personally dont care if someone gets 10 a.ssists if they turn it over 7 times. you say his turnovers will go down, but theres no chance his a.ssists will? you expect novak to shoot the way hes shot the week the rest of the season? because i remember novak bricking almost everything for the first 15 games, until he finally got hot this past week or 2. how many free asists lin get because of that?
your coming back at me, claiming im hating or saying hes going to be garbage or something lol its funny. even the other posts ive made about him said he seems like hes a smart player, but makes dumb plays as well, so its up in the air for me. hes obviously a smart guy, but between the turnovers and quite a few bad shots, hes not showing it so much.
he benefitted from the schedule, we played some real weak defensive teams. its funny, everyone in the league know we had no point guard, so teams werent prepping to stop a pick and roll or anything from us. he caught a TON of people off guard. obviously he needs a good amount of skill to even make the shots at all, because tony douglas sure as hell cant. he also needs a lot of skill to even be able to get into the lane like he does.
i never said he wasnt good. im saying hes not elite now, the way people are making him out to be. you have people putting him in the top 4 point guards in the league. you have people saying hes better than rondo. you have people saying his nba2k rating shouldve hit 80 lol. those are the people im responding to. as well as the knicks fans who were ghost up until he started producing.
i actually do hope he turns out to be a gem, because we had NO production at point. sh*t, ANY positive production was a plus, let alone 20 plus points and 7 plus a.ssists. ive watched all his games, and he was unreal those first couple. but there were also a couple games where he actually didnt play as good as the numbers made him look, and people werent pointing out the turnovers.
i put him at a 6 out of ten right now. i do think hes serviceable/slightly above average as a point guard, and thats only because i think hes smart and knows he needs to get everyone involved. hell, if i had access to the facilities they have, id be a million times better of a player a month from now than i am today. so obviously he has plenty of time to get better, with enough effort, ANYONE can be a better player. and i hope he does. lets just let him be an average point guard first before proclaiming him an allstar after 6 games.
Is that a paragraph or an essay?

just playing
 6 years ago '06        #405
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
 vshah24 said:
I know I shouldn't read the boxscore and should watch the game...but 9 to's?
n*gga why you surprised by that? Rose used to avg that maybe even more
 6 years ago '04        #406
haff3131 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,111 | Props total: 10 10
 PG-13 said:
Is that a paragraph or an essay?

just playing
haha yeah man i have a habit of doing that. i always feel like i need to clarify every last thing i say because most people that read anyones reponses pick one sentence to focus on and completely miss what the person was trying to say lol
 6 years ago '04        #407
Kush Charasi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,134 | Props total: 120 120
 PG-13 said:
n*gga why you surprised by that? Rose used to avg that maybe even more

n*gga u more n more retarded by the day

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 122 (+9) 
  Career: | Aug 10: 8-3, Rank #235 | Aug 08: 5-3, Rank #515 *
 6 years ago '09        #408
JewsusChrist 211 heat pts211
space
space
space
$17,406 | Props total: 73 73
 The N said:
4-24 FROM 3..............not good either

24 turn overs 9 turnovers by Lin alone lead to 26 points for Hornets=knicks losing
they had a bad game it happens

just hope it doesnt happen often
 6 years ago '09        #409
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,939 | Props total: 22198 22198
 27Lives said:
It's simple they overlooked them. Probably thinking about the Mavs game on Sunday. This was a trap Game...
it was a trap game? they overlooked the hornets for a game that's 2 days away? but they didn't overlook the raptors or any of those other bum teams? cmon now, do you know what a trap game means?
 6 years ago '06        #410
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
 vshah24 said:
n*gga u more n more retarded by the day
 6 years ago '11        #411
THESYNCITY 9 heat pts
space
space
$293 | Props total: 0 0
Cmon melo,feel like hes on vacation chillin he could of at least try to play a half
 6 years ago '07        #412
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
the turnovers by lin were big but a combined 6 points from fields and walker (who were starting this game) is ridiculous
 6 years ago '05        #413
SacTown|B 17 heat pts17
space
space
$16,827 | Props total: 2 2
at least we beat the Hornets
 6 years ago '08        #414
The N 466 heat pts466
space
space
$45,516 | Props total: 17114 17114
 FappingFapstar said:
they had a bad game it happens

just hope it doesnt happen often
True,

I think they probably thought this would be an easy win, "hah 6-23?, this is going to be easy"
took it slow and the Hornets went wild from the jump, exactly what they didn't expect.

Next is Dallas it will be harder to beat that team

Last edited by The N; 02-17-2012 at 09:56 PM..
 6 years ago '11        #415
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 haff3131 said:
He's taking some pretty bad shots? Rewind the tape, and read what I sad. I said he'll rarely go into isolation to try and create a jumper for himself. That's not his game and that's not what he does. Where did I say he'll be counted on for fadeaway jumpers?

Did you completely disregard where I said he'll be able to fall back into a conservative role and take higher % shots when Melo comes back? Are you even reading?

Novak is a shooter, if he wasn't a spot up shooter he wouldn't be in the league. So you saying he's lucky that Novak is hitting shots? Look at his game log, he was barely even given a chance to shoot till Lin got in the line up.

You keep talking about him throwing up quite a few bad shots... where are these "bad shots"? The ones where he drives to the lane?

Every single rookie PG makes dumb plays...

Yeah he did catch people off-guard.

Ok, well I don't think anyone who is level headed is saying he's elite. But YOU ARE SAYING he's an average player so Knicks should just trade his a.ss for a "real PG" because he'll never be rose or Rondo. This is where the discussion started, do you realize how stupid that statement is?

What team would trade a YOUNG (pretty much rookie) PG playing like this?

He didn't get better because of the Knicks facilities dude, he got beter because of what he did in his own time in the off-season before the Knicks.

No one is saying he's elite... and if he turns out to be "elite" or he keep this high level of play up Knicks will be fu*ked come the off-season, he'll command 10 mill+ per year.
 6 years ago '05        #416
shady2624 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,366 | Props total: 102 102
 PTC said:
words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words

words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words

words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words wordswords words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words

words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words wordswords words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words words

fu*k that.
 6 years ago '11        #417
PTC 138 heat pts138
space
space
space
$9,068 | Props total: 1551 1551
 shady2624 said:
fu*k that.
you wasted all that time to make that post...

damn son, you must be pretty fu*kin stupid

6 years ago '07        #418
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,197 | Props total: 19839 19839
 PTC said:
you wasted all that time to make that post...

damn son, you must be pretty fu*kin stupid

I highly doubt it took a lot of time to copy and paste that.
 6 years ago '04        #419
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239 OP
space
space
$55,665 | Props total: 13061 13061
 Syphernix said:
the turnovers by lin were big but a combined 6 points from fields and walker (who were starting this game) is ridiculous
the real season begins sunday
 6 years ago '07        #420
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
 StuNNa said:
the real season begins sunday
if melo is back and JR can contribute any then yes
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
44 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
82 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
68 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
51 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
62 comments
21 hours ago