Derrick Rose Will Never Start Another All-Star Game Thanks To Jeremy Lin [OpEd]

most viewed right now
NFL NFL Network suspends Marshall Faulk, Heath Evans, Ike Taylor due to sexual..
119 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
122 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
12 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
82 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
6757 pageviews
99 comments

Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227
space
space
$14,486 | Props total: 8380 8380
Derrick Rose Will Never Start Another All-Star Game Thanks To Jeremy Lin [OpEd]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

http://www.rantsports.com .. to-jeremy-lin/

It’s a sad state of play when the best point guard in the league, let alone in his own conference, won’t be able to start in the NBA All-Star Game to represent his team, town and conference. This however, will come to be known as the Jeremy Lin factor in the future. The Knicks overnight hero has become a sensation around the world, and it’s only a matter of time before Lin embraces the Yao Ming treatment from fans

For years, the Chinese icon known as Yao took the NBA All-Star voting process by storm. Yes, Ming was a freak of nature in stature and was pretty good when he was at full strength. Regardless, Yao was unable to ever stay healthy for an entire NBA season. Injuires plagued the oversized man and would later prevent him from moving forward in his NBA career.

Yao Ming played eight years in the league and was named to eight All-Star games. That stat alone makes me sick. Ming only played one full, 82-game NBA regular season….ONE!!! And somehow, someway he was always being voted in by the fans to start the ASG.

I hope you don’t ask how. It is pretty obvious. China overwhelms our counrty when it comes to population, especially throughout the rest of the world. So why wouldn’t the Chinese litter the all-star voting boxes with Yao Ming’s name? It was unfair to the rest of the NBA players like Shaq, who would get the shaft when Yao was voted to start the game over him

Let’s not get off track too much. Jeremy Lin is good, but Derrick Rose is great. In fact, Derrick Rose is the reigning MVP (youngest in NBA history) and currently the most dominant point guard in the league. The things that Rose can do on a basketball floor have never been seen in one total package, especially at the point guard position. The fact that he has been hurt and not playing as of late has only fueled the Linsanity. Now, everyone thinks Lin is the greatest point guard of all-time becuase he has a sample-size of seven games. Give me a break.

The worst part is that Rose will never again start an all-star game with the love Lin has been shown by people outside of the United States of America. Lin never played in Taiwan, China or Japan but I guarantee he gets a majoirty vote from the Asian population. I have a bad feeling, no matter how poor or well he is playing during a particular season, Lin will get the nod over the game’s best point guard time after time.

It is a sad state, but one we have been living in since 2002 when Yao Ming entered a basketball arena in the United States. No matter if Yao played in five games or 45 games, he would be voted to start in the all-star game wrongfully over Shaquille O’Neal, a legend by most standards. The same situation is about to occur with Jeremy Lin and Derrick Rose. The Knicks guard will go down as an above average talent that supeseded a future Hall-of-Famer in the form of Derrick Rose for every All-Star Game after 2012.

Don’t get me wrong, Jeremy Lin is a “good” basketball player. However, he is no star like the rest of the world is making him out to be, at least not yet. Let him play an entire season in a system that is not Mike D’Antoni’s and see how great he is. You put Derrick Rose anywhere else and his game doesn’t change a bit and that is the bottom line of a real superstar talent versus a system player like Lin. Don’t judge a player based on the color of his skin. Judge them on the depths of their basketball talent.

[pic - click to view]

Dude makes valid points. RIP D.Rose when it comes to starting All-star games.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Loso Luciano24; 02-16-2012 at 07:23 PM..

99 comments for "Derrick Rose Will Never Start Another All-Star Game Thanks To Jeremy Lin [OpEd]"

6 years ago '04        #2
Venom 29 heat pts29
space
space
$14,130 | Props total: 781 781
boo fu*kin hoo
 6 years ago '07        #3
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,198 | Props total: 19842 19842
 6 years ago '11        #4
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227 OP
space
space
 6 years ago '05        #5
Rockobox 76 heat pts76
space
space
$12,376 | Props total: 1 1
That's a valid point.
 6 years ago '07        #6
theFREAK 3680 heat pts3680
space
space
$53,668 | Props total: 38450 38450
 02-16-2012, 07:25 PM         #7
SeaJaiye 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
linning! sh*t is a good point too. the asian voters are gonna take over
 6 years ago '11        #8
Loso Luciano24 227 heat pts227 OP
space
space
 DylanSpitsFiya said:
Won't happen, like when McGrady was going to start over Chris Paul because he had more votes a few years back
Fan Votes>>>>>>
 02-16-2012, 07:28 PM         #9
Ca$h Out 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Eh doesn't matter now a days...

Better players get snubbed.
 6 years ago '05        #10
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
That's good for the that little crybaby f*ggot

I'll be voting D-Wade & Linsanity at guard next season too
 6 years ago '05        #11
outkast 3 heat pts
space
space
$335 | Props total: 164 164
would probably be wade not rose getting snubbed
 6 years ago '08        #12
PEK 16 heat pts16
space
space
$10,813 | Props total: 3445 3445
 2 Pistolz said:
That's good for the that little crybaby f*ggot

I'll be voting D-Wade & Linsanity at guard next season too

Rose had more votes than Wade. So this thread should say "Wade wont start all star games because of LIN". They pick 2 guards regardless of position.

6 years ago '09        #13
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$48,947 | Props total: 22209 22209
i was actually talking about this earlier. i hope stern steps in for some bullsh*t like that.
 6 years ago '05        #14
2 Pistolz 13 heat pts13
space
space
$17,694 | Props total: 8 8
Doesn't bother me either way. Wade will be 31 next season.
 02-16-2012, 10:52 PM         #15
Chip Tha Ripper 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PEK said:
Rose had more votes than Wade. So this thread should say "Wade wont start all star games because of LIN". They pick 2 guards regardless of position.

02-16-2012, 10:54 PM         #16
snoopdoggiz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 6 years ago '06        #17
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
this is true
 6 years ago '04        #18
Kush Charasi 25 heat pts25
space
space
$5,134 | Props total: 120 120
 PEK said:

My n*gga

1 - 0 STRK: 1 w in a row WIN PCT: 100% 122 (+9) 
  Career: | Aug 10: 8-3, Rank #235 | Aug 08: 5-3, Rank #515 *
 6 years ago '10        #19
Dun Dada 
space
space
$3,223 | Props total: 0 0
The person that wrote this article and obviously some of the heat fans in here didn't take into account that two PGs can start in an all star game. The player getting snubbed could very likely be DWade and not Rose.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
47 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
85 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
290 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
38 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Kodi addon site TVAddons to stop proactively checking for piracy
20 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Sakura, Blanka, Flake, Cody, G , & Sagat DLC SF5
69 comments
22 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
69 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
55 comments
1 day ago
@games
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy