Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
73 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #181
Nyse03 14 heat pts14
space
space
$10,430 | Props total: 2902 2902
 Cambury said:
lebron fans is mad that not even his peers think he is best in the league and they all still say Kobe. At the end of the day players coaches and GM is given the rock to Bean while yall giving the nba2k rock to lebron
Nah son...we giving it to a guy who's better in that situation. Which is CLEARLY Melo. And I bet I'll win more games than with you having Kobe in the clutch.
 02-16-2012, 11:41 PM         #182
redgorillaz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i know Jordan has made 25 game winning shots..i dont know how many hes missed though

Last edited by redgorillaz; 02-16-2012 at 11:50 PM..
 6 years ago '06        #183
PG-13 126 heat pts126
space
space
$31,928 | Props total: 7 7
 philly337 said:
Ok is the final 5 minutes of part in the playoffs good enough for you? Because he shoots 39%

Or how about closeout games where he's shooting 6-24 in game 7 of the finals out getting blown out by damn near 40 points

Or overall finals performance shooting 42%,40%,38%, & 37% in 4 of 7 finals appearances
that fu*king ether
 6 years ago '06        #184
ginobili 20|m 39 heat pts39
space
space
space
$11,205 | Props total: 602 602
 philly337 said:
Iverson - 35% (18 for 51)
he padded that stat in denver.... he hit a few big shots for the nuggets that year...

he went a good 5 or 6 years without hitting 1 in philly... Talking about the start of his career... pretty sure the steal on the inbound pass agianst orlando was his first... that was on a fast break as well.. kudos for the steal, he made a huge play...

Just adds to the debate of how much stock these stats have... nobody shoots a good percantage in these spots...doesn't showcase automaticly who is more clutch tbh... A dime in this spot is just as good, if not better if it results in a trey.... Spurs had random cats hit game winners, but manu/tp was at the helms... playoffs included...

So If U live or die with this stat alone then MELO is the most CLUTCH player in the league?? Is thier a stat that determines if he had any mental or phsical lapses on defense in the last 2 minutes of this game?? Let alone anybody on this list possibly avoiding a GS spot by not fu*king up in crunch time to begin with... Most percantages of anything in the new era are taking with a grain of salt
 6 years ago '05        #185
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
These are interesting stats, but it doesn't mean I'd take Lebron or Melo over Kobe when making a team. It means that in the last minute or so, I'd want someone other than Kobe, Melo if possible. But Just because Lebron is a little more clutch than Kobe in the last minute, doesn't mean I want him for those other 11 minutes in the fourth quarter. This stat shouldn't be looked at in a vacuum, but it is also interesing in debunking the Kobe = clutch god myth.
 6 years ago '06        #186
Loco Poe 
space
space
$2,542 | Props total: 730 730
lebrons clutcher then kobe?
 6 years ago '11        #187
whothebestmc 98 heat pts98
space
space
$19,557 | Props total: 9462 9462
 Vancouver said:
These are interesting stats, but it doesn't mean I'd take Lebron or Melo over Kobe when making a team. It means that in the last minute or so, I'd want someone other than Kobe, Melo if possible. But Just because Lebron is a little more clutch than Kobe in the last minute, doesn't mean I want him for those other 11 minutes in the fourth quarter. This stat shouldn't be looked at in a vacuum, but it is also interesing in debunking the Kobe = clutch god myth.
if you wouldn't take lebron over kobe starting a team now than that just proves joshdoggs point about the availability heuristic, because anyone that would decide to start a team now with lebron is delusional and their team would suffer.

The posts have been the last 5 seconds, the last 24 seconds, and the final 5 minutes not just the last minute.
 6 years ago '05        #188
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 whothebestmc said:
if you wouldn't take lebron over kobe starting a team now than that just proves joshdoggs point about the availability heuristic, because anyone that would decide to start a team now with lebron is delusional and their team would suffer.

The posts have been the last 5 seconds, the last 24 seconds, and the final 5 minutes not just the last minute.
I didn't realize there was 5 minute stats as welll, I'll go look at that. And obviously, if I'm starting a franchise, I'm not taking Kobe just based on age alone.
 6 years ago '06        #189
philly337 20 heat pts20 OP
space
space
$28,977 | Props total: 10636 10636
 ginobili 20 said:
he padded that stat in denver.... he hit a few big shots for the nuggets that year...

he went a good 5 or 6 years without hitting 1 in philly... Talking about the start of his career... pretty sure the steal on the inbound pass agianst orlando was his first... that was on a fast break as well.. kudos for the steal, he made a huge play...

Just adds to the debate of how much stock these stats have... nobody shoots a good percantage in these spots...doesn't showcase automaticly who is more clutch tbh... A dime in this spot is just as good, if not better if it results in a trey.... Spurs had random cats hit game winners, but manu/tp was at the helms... playoffs included...

So If U live or die with this stat alone then MELO is the most CLUTCH player in the league?? Is thier a stat that determines if he had any mental or phsical lapses on defense in the last 2 minutes of this game?? Let alone anybody on this list possibly avoiding a GS spot by not fu*king up in crunch time to begin with... Most percantages of anything in the new era are taking with a grain of salt
no....

Iverson on 76ers (00-06) - 34% (13 for 38)
 6 years ago '06        #190
space
space
This sh*t was almost on the third page and the only two people viewing the thread are nate and cambury

This thread got their souls burning
 02-17-2012, 09:06 AM         #191
Nate187um 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nyse03 said:
Nah son...we giving it to a guy who's better in that situation. Which is CLEARLY Melo. And I bet I'll win more games than with you having Kobe in the clutch.
lmao @ you playing some fantasy season in your head of all 82 games needing to be tied or won at the end

hows melo doing against kobe in the PLAYOFFS?

dont worry i'll tell you

10 games played

Kobe - 8 won, 34ppg on 49% shooting & 34% from 3

Melo - 2 won, 26ppg on 38% shooting 25% from 3

so keep living these fantasy games out in your head cause none of these loser players you rolling with will ever make these shots for you WHEN IT MATTERS in REAL LIFE

6 years ago '06        #192
space
space
^^^ starting to think this guy is a troll
 02-17-2012, 09:24 AM         #193
Nate187um 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 philly337 said:
^^^ starting to think this guy is a troll
why you so aggy chief :laughing9:
 02-17-2012, 09:50 AM         #194
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
first off, great thread.

One point I'll make is that "clutch" is not limited to the last 24 seconds, but for this list, #'s don't lie. I'd like to see a few different list compiled, one for the 4th quarter in general for people with more than 5 FG's attempted in the 4th, the last 2 minutes, then this one.

Either way, this one helps with my last 24 seconds "shot clock" thing, cause I never thought Lebron sucked that bad. He just didn't do that great on the games that made it to national tv. Not to mention, the Cavs were blwoing teams out by atleast 10 points night in and night out for the longest. do people realize the cavs had the best regular season record in the east?
 6 years ago '06        #195
space
space
 freakbucket said:
first off, great thread.

One point I'll make is that "clutch" is not limited to the last 24 seconds, but for this list, #'s don't lie. I'd like to see a few different list compiled, one for the 4th quarter in general for people with more than 5 FG's attempted in the 4th, the last 2 minutes, then this one.

Either way, this one helps with my last 24 seconds "shot clock" thing, cause I never thought Lebron sucked that bad. He just didn't do that great on the games that made it to national tv. Not to mention, the Cavs were blwoing teams out by atleast 10 points night in and night out for the longest. do people realize the cavs had the best regular season record in the east?
We posted a couple others through the thread like final 5 minutes trailing by 5 or less..its on one of these pages
 02-17-2012, 09:59 AM         #196
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nate187um said:
to think of the degree of difficulty of those shots also
why do kobe stans always use this

people only care whether the ball goes in or not.

you don't get extra points for making a more difficult shot
 02-17-2012, 10:12 AM         #197
Nate187um 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cheeze said:
why do kobe stans always use this

people only care whether the ball goes in or not.

you don't get extra points for making a more difficult shot
its not about "extra points"

i'm not gonna be all that impressed with players that have a higher % when their taking higher % shots to begin with

this is boxden though I know you clowns dont factor in elements of the game

the number is just a number

carry on
 02-17-2012, 10:15 AM         #198
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nate187um said:
its not about "extra points"

i'm not gonna be all that impressed with players that have a higher % when their taking higher % shots to begin with

this is boxden though I know you clowns dont factor in elements of the game

the number is just a number

carry on
just a #?

you have NOT watched every game Kobe played in. You have not watched every shot he took in the 4th or the last 2 minutes, so you're going by a sample size. You a.ssume the shots were contested. Well in that case, WHY were the shots harder? because he made them to be. Are you going to blame Jordan for passing the ball to steve kerr instead of shooting over 3 people? Sometimes the "hard" shot is missed because the person should have never shot it.
 02-17-2012, 10:20 AM         #199
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Let's be clear here......

FG% in the playoffs through their ENTIRE career

LeBron James .4603
Kobe Bryant .4483

if the playoffs is crunch time.... umm......

PPG in the PLAYOFFS over their CAREER

LeBron James 28.02
Kobe Bryant 25.38

APG in the PLAYOFFS

LeBron James 6.99
Kobe Bryant 4.75

I mean DAMN.

A championship is a TEAM thing, someone please show me a stat that ONE player can control by themselves that Lebron isn't in the top 5 of damn near everything.
 6 years ago '11        #200
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298
That shot finder tool is a great way to find good games

For example I found these games

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now