J. Cole Confronts MTV About Leaving Him Off Their Hottest MCs List

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
65 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
70 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
90 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
274 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #41
KidKingGoD 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,090 | Props total: 614 614
 Kontrast0 said:
so jcole gonna go down as one of the goats anyway who gives a sh*t about a list.
ni99a PLEASE.
 02-16-2012, 11:27 AM         #42
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
this is just a testimony to what people on Boxden have been saying all along.

Cole just doesn't have a "interesting" presentation with his music

he can rhyme words sure, but he has to be one of the most plain and dull lyricists we've seen in the mainstream.

Ppl aren't saying he sucks, they're just saying his music really isn't "memorable".

Ppl are finally starting to realize that Rap isn't about just about giving ppl rhymes but giving ppl your personality through rhymes.

Cole is a dope rapper off just spitting alone, but he's kinda like a lyricist starter kit, you got to buy all the add-ons and expansion accessories to make his shyt more attractive and presentable.

this gotta be one of da best posts a pimp done read in a while. trill analysis pimp

n*ggas is a buncha retards swearin they "REAL HIP HOP" when they dont know sh*t. muthafu*kas persona, fashion and swag ALWAYS BEEN A PART OF HIP HOP. watch lets take it old school & see if n*ggas is really bout it wit this hip hop sh*t...

at no point wuz Run DMC EVER da best lyricists in da game. Treacherous Three bodied them n*ggas in they battle on Graffiti Rock..... Run lost to Cool J in a live battle when da boy wuz only 16... and when u think on Melle Mel, Moe Dee, T La Rock, Shan and later KRS would all rap circles round Run & Darryl Mac. so why they wuz so popular & legends today? they PRESENTATION, SWAG AND INTANGIBLES. hip hop is entertainment mayne and da most entertainin emcees always finna be da most popular even if they aint got da best pen game. and trill talk J. Cole aint even gotta elite pen game like dat but he dope. but as far as entertainment? mayne most folk would agree he got all da charisma of wet cardboard. is whut it is and OF COURSE IT MATTERS. most of yall back pack/underground n*ggas dont know sh*t bout hip hop furreal
 6 years ago '11        #43
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 1270 1270
^

so i guess that's why lil b is doing as well as he is now.. cuz him as a rapper=garbage.
 6 years ago '04        #44
Liquid-Science 28 heat pts28
space
space
space
$17,501 | Props total: 789 789
These lists are based half on the politics of the industry

how J. Cole expect a n*gga like Jay-Z that won't take a pic with you to vouch for him to MTV?

02-16-2012, 11:40 AM         #45
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SomeOnesoN said:
^

so i guess that's why lil b is doing as well as he is now.. cuz him as a rapper=garbage.

well B aint no technical lyricist thats 4 sure. but he be employin age old shock tactics mixed wit humor, visual art, creativity and hella sarcasm to give an entertainin package. but fu*k dat n*gga becuz it aint even bout him watch simple question...

at whut point wuz Snoop EVER A BETTER LYRICIST THAN KURUPT?

never, Kurupt bodied Snoop on each and erry track they done 2gether thru out da years. but see how bars cant be da end all? becuz aint no doubt that Snoop wuz da better entertainer wit mo charisma and mass appeal. and dat wuz in da "precious 90s" ole heads constantly be talmbout when they git at my generation. why Kurupt amazin lyricism aint vault him to 4x platinum like Snoop?
 6 years ago '08        #46
Future 44 heat pts44
space
space
$34,246 | Props total: 1276 1276
Who cares about who's the hottest MC in the game ? what does that prove? the list is gonna be pretty much the same every year in todays music...
 6 years ago '11        #47
chizz 
space
space
$3,875 | Props total: 2882 2882
he will get joe buddened
 6 years ago '05        #48
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
People need to stop giving MTV so much attention when it comes to these lists.

Its the only time they give a fu*k about hiphop. Once a year?
The rest of the year is fu*king reality shows.
Until they bring Ed Lover back to interview some rappers and producers on a regular basis...fu*k MTV.
 6 years ago '11        #49
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,240 | Props total: 1270 1270
 Marvin Hagler said:
well B aint no technical lyricist thats 4 sure. but he be employin age old shock tactics mixed wit humor, visual art, creativity and hella sarcasm to give an entertainin package. but fu*k dat n*gga becuz it aint even bout him watch simple question...

at whut point wuz Snoop EVER A BETTER LYRICIST THAN KURUPT?

never, Kurupt bodied Snoop on each and erry track they done 2gether thru out da years. but see how bars cant be da end all? becuz aint no doubt that Snoop wuz da better entertainer wit mo charisma and mass appeal. and dat wuz in da "precious 90s" ole heads constantly be talmbout when they git at my generation. why Kurupt amazin lyricism aint vault him to 4x platinum like Snoop?
I see where u coming from, and pimpin has a point.. aint gonna knock your view..

now that u came at me with that, i gotta ask.. is criticism good or bad for your long term career? what if J. Cole upped his "charisma", would his fans from day one turn their back on him? I mean, with his story, what can he do to be more out there without "selling out"?
 02-16-2012, 12:18 PM         #50
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[video - click to view]

Last edited by Graftedgenes; 02-16-2012 at 12:20 PM..
 02-16-2012, 12:28 PM         #51
Marvin Hagler 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SomeOnesoN said:
I see where u coming from, and pimpin has a point.. aint gonna knock your view..

now that u came at me with that, i gotta ask.. is criticism good or bad for your long term career? what if J. Cole upped his "charisma", would his fans from day one turn their back on him? I mean, with his story, what can he do to be more out there without "selling out"?

aye if die hard Cole fans aint turn they back on him for disgusting, Work Out or Mr. Nice Watch then chances are they good from here on out barrin some extreme wild change like B.O.B or Lupe. Cole can mature & grow into a mo appealin product wit time. and aint like he hurtin right now. da boy gotta gold album, grammy nom and hella respect. but n*ggas cant expect him to be on da most popular list while at da same time criticizin all them artists there. he aint them. fish gotta swim
 02-16-2012, 12:44 PM         #52
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bobby's World said:
People need to stop giving MTV so much attention when it comes to these lists.

Its the only time they give a fu*k about hiphop. Once a year?
The rest of the year is fu*king reality shows.
Until they bring Ed Lover back to interview some rappers and producers on a regular basis...fu*k MTV.
Ignorant post.

I dont know if you have access to Cable television but MTV2 (Suckafree/Rapfix) is the only block of continuous HipHop music, interviews, and videos on the air, Sway, Angela Ye and Envy interview different rappers almost on the daily
 6 years ago '05        #53
sheedawg 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,508 | Props total: 252 252
J.Cole just lacks an overall package. Like who is his primary audience? No one think he's a bad rapper, but his music is never standout material bar some stellar tracks. He just has no real quality to him, like he doesnt offer anything that guys like Blu or Stalley provide, except IMO he's just not as good.

The man needs an identity, you can't be the 'underdog' forever.
 02-16-2012, 06:52 PM         #54
WorldsStrangest 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
wait WAIT WAIT

so MTV asked J Cole how he felt about being left off MTV's list???

is that whats happening here????
 6 years ago '05        #55
Bobby's World 9 heat pts
space
space
$11,742 | Props total: 4818 4818
 Graftedgenes said:
Ignorant post.

I dont know if you have access to Cable television but MTV2 (Suckafree/Rapfix) is the only block of continuous HipHop music, interviews, and videos on the air, Sway, Angela Ye and Envy interview different rappers almost on the daily
Exactly and all that sh*t should be on the main channel. There should be entire shows dedicated to that sh*t. Not no fu*king vignettes sprinkled between videos. fu*k MTV. Yes nicca I'm ignorant.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
95 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
21 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside Drink Champs: Jim Jones (4 hours long)
62 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy