most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
56 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL Seahawks imploding :mjlol: Bobby Wagner letting Earl Thomas know
46 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #1
5666 pageviews
69 comments

Damagegadget 492 heat pts492
space
space
$35,459 | Props total: 16229 16229
J. Cole Confronts MTV About Leaving Him Off Their Hottest MCs List

[pic - click to view]

News
J. Cole Confronts MTV About Leaving Him Off Their Hottest MCs List
10:30 a.m. · February 13, 2012 · by JT Langley

Listen: we all know that MTV's Hottest MCs of the Year list is built to foster an annual pitch-a-fit in hip-hop, because the heads behind the nomination process are always fumbling around with things they know nothing about. This is the way it works with mainstream media. Sure, some artists were rightly listed, though the asinine inclusion of names like Nas (put out like five songs last year), 50 Cent and T.I. (spent half of the nomination qualifying period in prison) are what slight the whole deal.

Anyway, that was just a soapbox moment. The circumstance here is that J. Cole, who, though he lost, received a Grammy nod and managed to earn Gold sales status with his debut Cole World: The Sideline Story, is absent from the list, and in a recent interview with, who else, MTV, he expressed his thoughts on the issue.

"Yeah, I saw the list. I don't know. A list is a list, you know what I'm saying? Whether I'm on it or not. If I was on that list, they'd find another person to be up in arms about," he explained. "I'm very happy at the fact that my fans and people who aren't really big fans but they just know... I'm happy to see that reaction from them. But if it wasn't me, it'd be somebody else. Like, how did you forget emcee such and such? That's just the nature of the list. So imagine when the top 10 is really announced, I'm sure there'll be drama then. But do I deserve it? Yeah, of course. Even when I didn't deserve to be on it, I thought I deserved to be on it a couple of years ago, when I really wasn't as hot as I might be right now. But it's all good."
Definitely isn't some sarcasm there at the end. You can catch the full interview below should you be interested. I'm just wondering why MTV would want to interview someone they pissed off knowing that it's a dart to their reputation. Big Brother conspiracy in the works? I think so.

[pic - click to view]

http://media.mtvnservices .. v.com%3A733113

[pic - click to view]

J. Cole Confronts MTV About Leaving Him Off Their Hottest MCs List | Prefix

69 comments for "J. Cole Confronts MTV About Leaving Him Off Their Hottest MCs List"

6 years ago '11        #2
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
Listen: we all know that MTV's Hottest MCs of the Year list is built to foster an annual pitch-a-fit in hip-hop, because the heads behind the nomination process are always fumbling around with things they know nothing about. This is the way it works with mainstream media. Sure, some artists were rightly listed, though the asinine inclusion of names like Nas (put out like five songs last year), 50 Cent and T.I. (spent half of the nomination qualifying period in prison) are what slight the whole deal.

Nas k!lled every verse he did last year, 50 put out 1 of the hottest mixtapes of the year, & TI been k!lling sh*t since he got out
 6 years ago '05        #3
Universal~Mind 59 heat pts59
space
space
$12,109 | Props total: 527 527
 HipHop Since 93 said:

Nas k!lled every verse he did last year, 50 put out 1 of the hottest mixtapes of the year, & TI been k!lling sh*t since he got out
So.... apparently when you're just k!lling verses it equates to more than whole albums just because you're Nas.
 6 years ago '10        #4
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
 Universal~Mind said:
So.... apparently when you're just k!lling verses it equates to more than whole albums just because you're Nas.
they put andre 3000 on the list a few years ago just off the strength of the feature verses he had on other ppl's songs
 6 years ago '07        #5
Damagegadget 492 heat pts492 OP
space
space
its MTV.. they wouldn't play hip hop now they delegate whats hot
 6 years ago '11        #6
HipHop Since 93 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,520 | Props total: 39 39
 Universal~Mind said:
Its a Hottest MC's list, if people are calling you for features and you k!lling every song they put you on doesnt that make u hot? I mean thats what Andre3000 been doing for the last couple years and it keeps him relevant.
 6 years ago '06        #7
1OverJordan24 131 heat pts131
space
space
$3,959 | Props total: 1091 1091
j. Cole lost and nas lost
 6 years ago '07        #8
neeko21 
space
space
$2,127 | Props total: 864 864
J.cole not relevent like that just cuz you do 2 songs a year dont mean you hot...he can rap but he not consistent
 6 years ago '06        #9
Affectz 132 heat pts132
space
space
$8,227 | Props total: 4562 4562
J.Cole doesn't have as much hits or swag as much as the other people on the list,that's what MTV is looking for
 6 years ago '10        #10
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,317 | Props total: 1965 1965
 HipHop Since 93 said:

what has t.i been k!lling?

Universal~Mind said:
yea i guess. its stupid as fu*k the way some people think.

HipHop Since 93 said:
Its a Hottest MC's list, if people are calling you for features and you k!lling every song they put you on doesnt that make u hot? I mean thats what Andre3000 been doing for the last couple years and it keeps him relevant.
verses ALONE, technically could place a rapper on the hottest mc's it all depends, what are they basing it on (albums, mixtapes, verses etc)... but it shouldnt get you there because this is what rappers make albums for (this may seem like a contradicting statement but its not, review it)

jcole should be dissapointed and upset. i feel like MTV and hip hop broke up a long time ago and they shouldnt be allowed in the discussion. hip hop got played way too many times at them awards
 6 years ago '10        #11
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,317 | Props total: 1965 1965
 neeko21 said:
J.cole not relevent like that just cuz you do 2 songs a year dont mean you hot...he can rap but he not consistent
if you think he's not consistent, then you havent heard enough. jcole is not a GREAT rapper, hes okay. all his sh*t is okay to me. but when compared to guys like wale, big sean, wiz.... JCOLE is better than them artistically, lyrically, anything that has to do with musical performance
 6 years ago '07        #12
space
space
 Affectz said:
J.Cole doesn't have as much hits or swag as much as the other people on the list,that's what MTV is looking for
swag... lol MTV should not be judging swag...
 6 years ago '07        #13
Ghost Terp 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,628 | Props total: 3275 3275
J Cole sucks though
 6 years ago '07        #14
space
space
 SoFresh170 said:
what has t.i been k!lling?

yea i guess. its stupid as fu*k the way some people think.

verses ALONE, technically could place a rapper on the hottest mc's it all depends, what are they basing it on (albums, mixtapes, verses etc)... but it shouldnt get you there because this is what rappers make albums for (this may seem like a contradicting statement but its not, review it)

jcole should be dissapointed and upset. i feel like MTV and hip hop broke up a long time ago and they shouldnt be allowed in the discussion. hip hop got played way too many times at them awards
hip hop was the new unpopular ugly girl that MTV dissed at first... til they realized everyone wanted her... now they experts and isht
 6 years ago '04        #15
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,446 | Props total: 6517 6517
 Damagegadget said:
hip hop was the new unpopular ugly girl that MTV dissed at first... til they realized everyone wanted her... now they experts and isht

the people that are discussing this topic are deep in it. its not like its a bunch of white guys with rock t-shirts sitting in a room

mtv2 play more rap sh!t than b.e.t does
 6 years ago '07        #16
space
space
 justinjones said:

the people that are discussing this topic are deep in it. its not like its a bunch of white guys with rock t-shirts sitting in a room

yea MTV had no hand in this...
BET is owned by the same company sir.......
image remember

things are not what they seem my friend
 6 years ago '11        #17
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,983 | Props total: 9993 9993
 Affectz said:
Hip hop is dead
 02-15-2012, 03:14 PM         #18
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:

Why dont any of these Boxden experts make their own lists since they obviously know whos Hot?
 02-15-2012, 03:16 PM         #19
DoubleD 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KingHenrythe2nd said:
Hip hop is dead
Before it was he isnt real enough he dont bust his guns,ect
 6 years ago '05        #20
THEINFAMOUS 19 heat pts19
space
space
$47,202 | Props total: 11808 11808
 Affectz said:
How is swag rated?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
100 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
127 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
85 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
85 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
70 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
On the Late Night vol. 17
23 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
58 comments
1 day ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy