J.Cole: "Men Lie, Women Lie..." - fires shots at Wale and Big Sean on Twitter?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
129 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 02-14-2012, 11:57 PM         #61
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PLK187 said:
Wale is the new Jarule and BigSean is the new Chingy
JaRule>>>Wale an i dont like Ja
Chingy>>>>Little Sean
 02-15-2012, 12:10 AM         #62
tj.iscool 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 justinjones said:
how is jim jones up there
this, this list is horrible
 6 years ago '06        #63
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,036 | Props total: 18801 18801
 TooMuchSulli said:
he was in the discussion to be #10 on the list...

and they picked Wale over him and TI

Then Big sean was picked at 9 today.

Shots fired

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '10        #64
ColeWorld 42 heat pts42
space
space
$10,622 | Props total: 1616 1616
Cole should be on the list.
 02-15-2012, 12:48 AM         #65
Graftedgenes 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 PLK187 said:
exactly, cole just needs that hot record that represents him. I just think he need to lock in the studio, work with more artist and just create out of gut not pressure. The pressure for cole to deliver a good debut is off now so he can focus more.

Sway is a hip-hop vet and he has contributed so much to our culture with classic interviews. I agree a lot of poster are ignorant to the fact that they think it's strictly about who's spitting the hottest sh*t or who has the illest punchline or w/e. They think swagg only has to do with their style of dress.

Wale definitely deserves to be on there, so does big sean. their impact on hip-hop was crazy. Meek Mill is an artist i hope to see on there, one of the biggest singles last year, a summer anthem. Other artist i expect to see there is ross, wayne, and drake. Maybe we'll see french.

But going back to cole he's accomplished a lot, and even with saying that. i think he's in the same position as wale when he released his first album and how he was approaching things a bit. Like you could see a huge difference with wale now. His energy is different and you see more of him you know, like this mothafuka is in the studio knocking out tracks like pac and just having fun. I don't see that from cole. Not saying he's not a hard worker, but i hope u understand what i'm trying to say.
co-sign that, I feel you.

J. Cole has a demeanor like Nas, he's reserved, and somewhat reclusive he doesn't have Big Seans "swag" or Wale's attitude so his self-marketing is lacking in a genre that's really image driven.

The fact that J. Cole does the bulk of his own production means he's most likely in the studio by himself unlike the majority of rappers who feed off the energy of different producers.

I agree that now that his debut is done a lot of the pressure is gone and he can relax and have more fun with it.

Its lonely over there at Roc Nation it's not a family affair like YMCMB, MMG, or GOOD were you see all the posse cuts and posse performances, sometimes you need a team around you to keep the creative juices flowing and keep your sword sharp with friendly competition.
 6 years ago '09        #66
K0ntrast 63 heat pts63
space
space
$29,662 | Props total: 13143 13143
reachin
 02-15-2012, 01:51 AM         #67
TheMob 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  

[pic - click to view]

02-15-2012, 01:54 AM         #68
Coo Coo Cal 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
j cole quoting his owner's words lol
but it really wasnt necessary
if he knows what he knows (which is that he sold more than them)
then there's really no need to say it
unless he truly feel like he lesser than them
 02-15-2012, 02:01 AM         #69
Pdubbz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Wale k!lls me,he actually thinks he a lyrical genius.Cole is better than the other 2 but that isn't sayin sh*t.And record sales don't prove who's a better emcee,it jus means it's more appealin to 13 year olds.
most of those artists are closer to pop than hip hop!
 6 years ago '04        #70
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
$11,751 | Props total: 1566 1566
I see a lot of arguements on here not making sense people saying Cole doesn't have the buzs, sales is the biggest indication of buzz imo and j.Cole had a more successful year than big Sean and just as successful as wale buzz wise.

A number 1 album, platinum single and gold plaque isn't enough? radio spins can't be the only criteria and even if it Was work out and can't get enough gets just as many spins as anything else on radio now they still play those on radio and In the clubs round my way...

Whoever mention swag is gay and personally if you think big Sean has swag you're a lame smh cool factor certainly should be part of the list but in the end Cole put up RESULTS and delivered on the hype both critically and commercially they snubbeb him and lupe

Last edited by Ra-da-god; 02-15-2012 at 02:47 AM..
 6 years ago '11        #71
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
 Ra-da-god said:
I see a lot of arguements on here not making sense people saying Cole doesn't have the buzs, sales is the biggest indication of buzz imo and j.Cole had a more successful year than big Sean and just as successful as wale buzz wise.

A number 1 album, platinum single and gold plaque isn't enough? radio spins can't be the only criteria and even if it Was work out and can't get enough gets just as many spins as anything else on radio now they still play those on radio and In the clubs round my way...

Whoever mention swag is gay and personally if you think big Sean has swag you're a lame smh cool factor certainly should be part of the list but in the end Cole put up RESULTS and delivered on the hype both critically and commercially they snubbeb him and lupe
 6 years ago '08        #72
Imagin3 3 heat pts
space
space
$9,114 | Props total: 2645 2645
curren$y the hottest in the game so its irrelevant
 6 years ago '04        #73
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 Kingpin 313 said:
Cole world was rated higher critically than ambition and that trash known as finally famous joke all you want facts are facts

Oh yeah it sold more too so on here that's the whole argument "men lie women lie..." never truer words spoken
 6 years ago '04        #74
Ra-da-god 23 heat pts23
space
space
 drumgangP said:
Oh didnt know MTV made lists about rappers, didnt know they even cared about rap

Why should an opinion from MTV even matter to an artist, especially J Cole.

He looks petty.....Wale will never go gold, getting on some corny list from MTV is a slap in the face
I don't know bro I give mtv the least credit when it comes to hip hop but if I was in the mainstream circuit I would care if I did/didn't make the list maybe not enough to tweet in anger but atleast to question the panel if I had one of the biggest albums (Cole did)

Does the list speak to how dope of a actual emcee you are? But who doesn't like to be recognized for their work na mean?
 6 years ago '11        #75
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
Some of the posts in this thread. This section has fallen off in the past month or so harder than it ever has since I've been here...
 02-15-2012, 05:51 AM         #76
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
you reaching like a motherfu*ker. pretty sure if they're at the bottom of the list, after the year J. Cole just had, (which was clearly superior to the year each of them n*ggas had) he'll be on the sh*t...but i'd like to think dude's smart enough not to care.
 02-15-2012, 05:52 AM         #77
YoungGQ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Retro said:
Some of the posts in this thread. This section has fallen off in the past month or so harder than it ever has since I've been here...
try being here since 06...ha
 6 years ago '10        #78
Fly Elroy 321 heat pts321
space
space
$19,394 | Props total: 474 474
clearly the reason why j cole didnt make the list is cuz swag is a criteria

n*gga needs more personality and charisma
 6 years ago '11        #79
PLK12 44 heat pts44
space
space
$1,356 | Props total: 3 3
MAINO, RED CAFE, JIM JONES!
[pic - click to view]

but its M.T.V. though so
 6 years ago '11        #80
Retro 83 heat pts83
space
space
space
$21,151 | Props total: 369 369
 YoungGQ said:
try being here since 06...ha
I don't know how you've been here over 5 years. Hell I may not even last 1...

ondatpurple said:
n*gga needs more personality and charisma
No he doesn't. The last thing Cole needs to do is try to be like all these other cats. Matter of fact, one of the main reasons I like dude is because he's to himself & not too flashy...
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
166 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
89 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
187 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
134 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy