Is it time for Metta World Peace to go? Teammates think MWP is On The Verge Of A Meltdown?

most viewed right now
 Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
146 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
43 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 OT Auburn banned Corey Myers for smashing his players
9 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
35 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #1
6801 pageviews
80 comments

matelyan 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,871 | Props total: 1905 1905
Is it time for Metta World Peace to go? Teammates think MWP is On The Verge Of A Meltdown?

February 13, 2012
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. — Metta World Peace might be on the verge of a meltdown, according to some of his Lakers teammates, and coach Mike Brown might be at the core.

World Peace is "walking around all crazy-like. We're just waiting for him to go off," one Lakers player recently told FOXSportsWest.com, speaking on the condition of anonymity.

Added another teammate, also requesting anonymity: "He's always talking about how he should be playing no matter how bad he's shooting, but he can't figure out that when he takes bad shots and misses eight in a row it puts us in a hole."

What's more, a source close to the team told FOXSportsWest.com that Brown wouldn't be averse to trading World Peace — not necessarily because of a personality clash but simply because he hasn't played well.

And that would make some of his teammates happy.

"There are a lot of guys in here who'd just like to see him gone," one player told FOXSportsWest.com on the condition of anonymity. "I think we'd definitely be a better team if everyone didn't have to walk on eggshells when he's around."

World Peace — known as Ron Artest until this, his 13th NBA season — is averaging a career-low 22.4 minutes a game in the Lakers' first 27 games. He's averaging 4.7 points a game on 32.7 percent shooting, both career-low figures for him.

World Peace was not available for comment after the Lakers' practice Monday, but he expressed displeasure with Brown during an interview with CBSSports.com.

"I let him coach and I play," World Peace told the website Friday before the Lakers' game with the New York Knicks. "I'm just trying to win, and . . . coach is a stats guy. His background is video coordinator or whatever. So he's all stats. But Ron Artest is all feel."

Brown — who coached the Cleveland Cavaliers for five seasons following stints as an a.ssistant with San Antonio and Indiana, and as a scout and video coordinator with Denver — seemed surprised, but not concerned, when told Monday about the comments.

"Really?" Brown said after having World Peace's quotes read to him. "I don't have a problem with that if that's how he feels or anybody else feels. I'm OK with it."

The Lakers' first-year coach said he's unconcerned by how people might perceive him.

"In this business there's not anybody who's a head coach that's not going to have guys say something (negative), publicly or privately, about them," Brown said. "If I was the type that would read or continue to believe or think about everything I heard, my focus would be off coaching and on something else.

"Why waste the time and energy? There's nothing that really needs to be said or have me get into that, because it's not a thing where I have to waste my energy."

Brown believes World Peace "was frustrated — like he should be."

The night before expressing his displeasure, World Peace got his second-highest playing time of the season (34 minutes, 14 seconds) at Boston but recorded only two points (on 1-for-6 shooting), two rebounds and one a.ssist. His numbers in the previous two games were similar, though with much less court time.

"He wasn't shooting well, but Matt (Barnes) wasn't shooting well, either," Brown said. "But I continued to play both of them, so I can't be basing who's playing or not playing off of stats. I'm going to play whoever I think is going to help this team win. Simple as that."

One can understand why stats might factor into Brown's handling of World Peace.

The swing man is shooting 51.4 percent (19 for 37) percent from the free-throw line and 19.0 percent (11 for 58) from 3-point range, both career lows. But such stats, World Peace told the website, shouldn't determine whether he plays in key situations. "I'm gonna make a big stop and I may make a big shot."

In the Lakers' close win at Toronto on Sunday, Brown chose to not put World Peace in the game at the end to guard the Raptors' Jose Calderon, who torched LA for 30 points.

Five years ago, when the then-Ron Artest was a great defender, inserting World Peace in such a situation would be a no-brainer. Not anymore.

According to Synergy Sports Technology, World Peace is the 192nd-ranked individual defender in the NBA, allowing .833 points per possession. Couple that with his sputtering offensive game and World Pearce has become an end-of-game spectator.

World Peace has had a troubled NBA career, the most publicized being the "Malice in the Palace" brawl between Indiana and Detroit on Nov. 19, 2004. Then a member of the Pacers, Artest was suspended for 86 games — 73 in the regular season and 13 in the playoffs, an NBA record penalty — for punching a Pistons fan at the Palace of Auburn Hills.

When he arrived in Los Angeles three seasons ago, it seemed as if he had put his volatile ways in the past, and he helped the Lakers win the 2010 NBA championship. He then auctioned off his championship ring and donated more than $600,000 from the sale to mental health charities.

Source:

[pic - click to view]

Is it time for Metta World Peace to go?

The Lakers locker room is a mess. Something needs to be done ASAP.

80 comments for "Is it time for Metta World Peace to go? Teammates think MWP is On The Verge Of A Meltdown?"

6 years ago '08        #2
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
i hope the author was just making up "anonymous" quotes and that the players really arent that pus*y
 6 years ago '09        #3
thegoldenhero 3 heat pts
space
space
$36,220 | Props total: 19329 19329
hope they get rid of this garbage dude now...he can't score for sh*t and the only thing he was good at (defense) he isn't good at anymore.
 6 years ago '10        #4
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$21,492 | Props total: 9785 9785
I don't believe this. but melt down or not time to trade MWP. Its been real
 6 years ago '04        #5
matelyan 21 heat pts21 OP
space
space
 Dee Grande said:
i hope the author was just making up "anonymous" quotes and that the players really arent that pus*y
I think that this article is legit. It's not sources, it's players that want to stay unidentified which means the player and writer agreed to not have his name published before the player gave a quote. If this writer was indeed lying, the Lakers organization could sue him for putting false information out there. He went the extra step to put unnamed Lakers players. When people leak information, they want to remain anonymous. If these journalists revealed their source of information, they would never have information to give.
 6 years ago '11        #6
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,069 | Props total: 514 514
wonder who's saying this?
 6 years ago '08        #7
Dee Grande 1269 heat pts1269
space
space
$22,380 | Props total: 7934 7934
only way they're getting rid of him is through amnesty, or if he leaves with gasol
 6 years ago '04        #8
space
space
 Dee Grande said:
only way they're getting rid of him is through amnesty, or if he leaves with gasol
Pretty much. The Lakers are stuck with him, unless they can dump him as throw in filler during some kind of big trade.

I think next year for sure he is amnestied.
 6 years ago '04        #9
space
space
 imtheman718 said:
My guess is Ebanks and Bynum. Both are young and could be "baited" in responding or saying something like this on record.

Then it could be Luke, but who the fu*k would even care to interview that scrub.
 6 years ago '10        #10
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,600 | Props total: 30544 30544
That n*gga is insane. He mite put hands on mike brown .. Spreewell style.
 6 years ago '07        #11
Bkjj11 3548 heat pts3548
space
space
$92,375 | Props total: 69918 69918
lakers locker room is a mess? And u know this....because of this? Lol.

Its old age, ron is becomin ben wallace. Its that simple. Cant do what he is best at.
 6 years ago '04        #12
space
space
 Bkjj11 said:
lakers locker room is a mess? And u know this....because of this? Lol.

Its old age, ron is becomin ben wallace. Its that simple. Cant do what he is best at.
Their record and level of play is what brought the issue to my attention and this all but confirms it. They have been playing very poorly all season and have chemistry issues. And reports like this seem to confirm my suspicions. Add in a new coach and system and you definitely have some kind of inner turmoil. I've watched every game this season and this group does not look like they are syncing very well, if at all.
 6 years ago '04        #13
A.G 27 heat pts27
space
space
space
$39,409 | Props total: 3456 3456
 imtheman718 said:
My guess is Derek Fisher & Luke Walton

fu*k Artest though.

He's done.
 6 years ago '11        #14
imtheman718 21 heat pts21
space
space
$4,069 | Props total: 514 514
 A.G said:
My guess is Derek Fisher & Luke Walton

fu*k Artest though.

He's done.
nah, fish would tell dude straight up, the rest of them lakers soft tho
 6 years ago '10        #15
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,149 | Props total: 15668 15668
And they wonder y kobe shoots so damn much

on the real tho MWP need to bounce

u too D Fish
 6 years ago '04        #16
space
space
 lboog1423 said:
And they wonder y kobe shoots so damn much

on the real tho MWP need to bounce

u too D Fish
Don't forget Luke
 6 years ago '11        #17
Jay Lee 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,641 | Props total: 1374 1374
I'd like to keep RonRon just for playoff matchup purposes only...Dude is our best defender and locks up the leagues best (or at least makes it more difficult)

This n*ggas just need to get in the gym and shoot around fu*k
 6 years ago '10        #18
lboog1423 297 heat pts297
space
space
$34,149 | Props total: 15668 15668
 matelyan said:
Don't forget Luke
Man, i convinced there is a Deep dark secret within the Lakers organization that Luke knows about and has threatened to go public with if he is released. Thats the only way to explain how hes been on the team so long
 6 years ago '04        #19
space
space
 lboog1423 said:
Man, i convinced there is a Deep dark secret within the Lakers organization that Luke knows about and has threatened to go public with if he is released. Thats the only way to explain how hes been on the team so long
He's Jeanie's illegitimate child.
 6 years ago '04        #20
space
space
Metta World Peace at Odds with Mike Brown:

The saga continues. Damn Lake Show. I know you play in Hollywood, but this season is turning into a fu*king soap opera. Someone in that front office needs to do something ASAP.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
31 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
212 comments
22 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now