Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
36 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Israeli "lawyer" with a fatty :kobedatass:
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
10 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '05        #241
philly5 19 heat pts19 OP
space
space
$2,171 | Props total: 1 1
I think some people are reading this wrong... Money May said "ALL" the hype is because he's asian...
 6 years ago '04        #242
GarySanchize24 239 heat pts239
space
space
$55,764 | Props total: 13147 13147

[pic - click to view]

u don't say floyd?
 6 years ago '07        #243
fivetreyfour 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,409 | Props total: 893 893
 Nu Tymez said:
I thought the hype was because he been cut twice this year already and was about to get cut by the Knicks.. And he played at Harvard which isnt known to produce NBA players.. The Black players that do "it every night" as Floyd put it haven't had the underdog story Lin has.. Race doesnt have as much to do with it as circumstance...

Then factor in that the Knicks were underachieving with 2 superstars and a newly acquired center coming off a Championship. Most analyst had the Knicks right in the top 3-4 teams in the East, and possible contenders going into the season. When the team flopped so bad to start the season and it started to look like the team was digging itself a hole it couldn't climb out of, the undrafted 3rd/4th string pg that was sent to the d-league and almost traded/released (again) comes in and breathes some life back into the team. The underdog role will always get hyped up in the media, and yes it doesn't hurt that he is Asian...but to say that the ONLY reason he is getting all this hype is because of his race is retarded. The kid has been balling out and has led his team in this six game winning streak, he deserves all the hype he's getting. I can't think of another undrafted, been cut twice, sent down and called up from the d-league player to lead their team to a six game winning streak while being named E. Conference Player of the Week.

People also need to understand that he is doing this in the largest media market in the country, and for a franchise that has been dying to field a perennial winner. If he had done this with the Warriors, I don't think it would have got as much hype.
 6 years ago '10        #244
Beach Bum 51 heat pts51
space
space
$5,931 | Props total: 57 57
 Grimey Jr. said:
i wonder how many fu*ks i give about this subject?:hmm:
apparently enuf to come in here and comment....
 6 years ago '05        #245
GUNIT-FINEST 
space
space
$17,631 | Props total: 309 309
like i said anyone who thinks his race has nothing to do with it is a idiot . its an all blk league for the most part why do u think white america is screaming for another larry bird. why do u think white ppl made an only white basktball league. Cause race matters . The fact that an asian dude is balling is a HUGE REASON FOR THE HYPE AND STORE. Floyd never said it was the only reason but a factor . How can u deny that my god u ppl are idiots by pointing that out doesn't make floyd racist just proves he is not stupid .

u know how many ppl at home was like man wow look at this asian dude ball out sh*t crazy . why on espn when they was playing the lakers they showed alot of asain ppl ???? cmon guys u cant be that dumb .
 6 years ago '10        #246
Smoke500 37 heat pts37
space
space
$10,480 | Props total: 275 275
 GUNIT-FINEST said:
like i said anyone who thinks his race has nothing to do with it is a idiot . its an all blk league for the most part why do u think white america is screaming for another larry bird. why do u think white ppl made an only white basktball league. Cause race matters . The fact that an asian dude is balling is a HUGE REASON FOR THE HYPE AND STORE. Floyd never said it was the only reason but a factor . How can u deny that my god u ppl are idiots by pointing that out doesn't make floyd racist just proves he is not stupid .

u know how many ppl at home was like man wow look at this asian dude ball out sh*t crazy . why on espn when they was playing the lakers they showed alot of asain ppl ???? cmon guys u cant be that dumb .
Okay let's end this

You....like so many lack perspective. I've agreed with you in the past in regards to double standards with black athletes...can't agree with you here. You are ridiculously way off

I'll make a parallel. A lot of people now say that the only reason Obama won the presidency was because he was black...which really diminishes how hard he worked. I supported Obama in early 2007...when NO ONE gave a sh*t about him. It was all about Hillary during that time..most people including blacks supported her. Not to mention there were crazy rumors about him being a secret Muslim terrorist and his full name being Barack Hussein Obama*

Then...leading up to the Iowa caucus people start to tune in a bit more. People are listening to him on the campaign trail and like what he has to say, but Hillary is still the favorite. Then he upsets Hillary and wins Iowa. That in and of itself was big news...then in his victory he gives the Yes we Can speech and the entire country gets swept up in the hype. His oratory skills...his demeanor...his contrast to the Clintons in terms of being genuine made a lot of people jump on the bandwagon. Were some blacks excited? Yes, but blacks always support democrats and they were captivated by Obama Himself

Now of course short sighted people looked at his skin color and say people are excited because he was black..that wasn't the case. Being named Barack HUSSEIN Obama and having all those rumors against him did not help. He succeeded because he offered something special and different

Now we look at Lin. A guy that was passed up and looked over almost his entire basketball journey. His skinny stature doesn't help...not looking athletic doesn't help...being Asian doesn't help because many people believe in stereotypes..and being cut several times doesn't help

You now have the Knicks who had HIGH expectations early in the season...but they're struggling. Fans are angry...players are angry...everyone is laughing at the Knicks. Then...some guy comes out of NOWHERE...energizes the team...his personality and grit inspires his team mates and everyone and they win 6 straight while breaking records

And you want to sit here and tell me the hype is because he's Asian? Gtfoh...the hype is because he worked hard and helped a STARVING and struggling Knicks team and now the Knicks may be dangerous

Him being Asian is a side story for people who are racially obsessed...it's inevitable in our racially obsessed country. But his hype and success is not because he's Asian...it's because he's good. And if you think about it...had he been black like many stars out of high school you wouldn't be saying this. You're looking at his ethnicity and adding a flawed theory

Cut the sh*t

Last edited by Smoke500; 02-15-2012 at 06:40 PM..
 6 years ago '07        #247
fivetreyfour 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,409 | Props total: 893 893
 GUNIT-FINEST said:

So when he talked about cooking that lil yellow chump and making "poochiao" cook him some rice and make him some sushi, that wasn't a sign of his racism? Back in the 90's when Fuzzy Zoeller talked about telling Tiger not to serve fried chicken and collard greens the media crucified him. It's the same sh*t but different toilets.

As far as Lin getting hyped because he's Asian...of course it has something to do with it. But it is not the reason for "ALL the hype". If that was the case people would have been checking for him last year when he was playing on the Warriors.
 6 years ago '10        #248
WalmartRollback 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,959 | Props total: 109 109
Yet this dumbass forgot about the extreme media coverage of Tiger Woods dominating golf and Serena and Venus dominating tennis?

His comments sound bias to me..
 6 years ago '10        #249
stv18 22 heat pts22
space
space
$4,622 | Props total: 101 101
Most points in his first 5 starts is a big deal even if he was painted as the blue man group
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
105 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
88 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
186 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
71 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
46 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
124 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy