The Asian Journalist Association demands apology from writer for Lin pen!$ tweet

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
149 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
73 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Things got out of control real quick during Sea/Jax game..player almost ju..
10 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
41 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '09        #41
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
 C.R.I.P. said:
I get what your going for, just don't feel like the food stereotype replaces a s3xual one. I mean, think about that sentence who would say that in that context.
The food comment and the s3xual comment both attack racial stereotypes my man. You got the wallet size right now, go ahead and get the poster, you'll get more out of it
 6 years ago '05        #42
ThiZZ 157 heat pts157
space
space
$12,426 | Props total: 5 5
big fu*king whoop... seriously... n*ggas need to stop being so sensitive
 02-12-2012, 06:21 PM         #43
Jayborne23 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly 2ndComing said:
If Skip tweeted something then I wouldnt give a fu*k honestly. But, if he wrote it or did it on air then sure I would expect to see some discipline especially from ESPN's high and mighty a.sses. But, we know nothing will be done because it's FOX Sports/MSN they aren't as concerned about alienating the masses or they wouldnt have hired Whitlock or host his podcast shows which are way worse than anything his fat a.ss puts on Twitter.

What I would really prefer is if athletes, politicians, entertainers and any fu*king body else in a public position could say what the fu*k they felt and not have to apologize for it. If that's how they feel then so be it. If Lebron or Bill O'Reilly wants to come out and say some racist sh*t, so be it. I can choose not to support or like that person for it and move the fu*k on with my life. Who are we to judge what others get to do and how they do it?
Any public figure can go ahead and say what they feel. They can also deal with the consequences of their statements, whether that be from outside organizations or their own employers Who are they to judge? The ones that sign the checks. Just the cost of doing business.

Regarding Whitlock's comments, I tend to agree with Bomani Jones here. People seem real open about making these racist Asian jokes with no fear of retaliation.
 02-12-2012, 06:25 PM         #44
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
all jokes aside asian men aint packing meat...thats why the white boys jacking all their women

brothas to big for that....those chicks snatches need to evolve first
 6 years ago '07        #45
MythMade 6 heat pts
space
space
$9,728 | Props total: 5 5
 DrX said:
all jokes aside asian men aint packing meat...thats why the white boys jacking all their women

brothas to big for that....those chicks snatches need to evolve first

So you have an Asian woman?
 6 years ago '07        #46
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,613 | Props total: 2455 2455
asian journalist a.ssociation needs to stfu and stop being so sensitive
 6 years ago '04        #47
creep 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,836 | Props total: 70 70
people are too soft. whitlock should tell them to suck his d!ck
 02-12-2012, 07:25 PM         #48
majormedicalboI 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Dude always been a sh*tty writer
 6 years ago '06        #49
raw51188 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,606 | Props total: 1 1
AJA wasn't wit Lin shootin in the gym

OR wit witlock writing in the pen...
 6 years ago '10        #50
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,143 | Props total: 8113 8113
Whitlock apologized what a pus*y smh
 6 years ago '07        #51
Supercoolbert 122 heat pts122
space
space
$7,196 | Props total: 1285 1285
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
 6 years ago '06        #52
beantown 74 heat pts74
space
space
$23,409 | Props total: 2 2
This lin sh*t is definitely far beyond what happened with Tebow.

Tebow played for a playoff team
 6 years ago '09        #53
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
 Nautilus O said:
Whitlock apologized what a pus*y smh
Did he really? I dont like the guy but he has always stuck by his guns when he said sh*t deemed offensive, now he has backed down? I knew he was a joke all along
 6 years ago '09        #54
DatBrownDood 109 heat pts109
space
space
$26,025 | Props total: 1253 1253

[pic - click to view]

he mad lin takin his girls
 6 years ago '11        #55
maxnn 129 heat pts129 OP
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
There have been thousands of angry, passionate, insightful, thoughtful and, yes, dishonest words written interpreting my inappropriate, 70-character, 14-word tweet about Jeremy Lin. I will let you determine the sincerity of the righteous indignation of my critics.

Today, I want to interpret the Jeremy Lin tweet I fired off 24 minutes earlier last Friday night, before I gave in to immaturity and stupidity.

"NBA has a real Tebow. Jeremy Lin is legit! Great story! Amar'e and Melo should be embarrassed."

Jeremy Lin authentically represents everything some in the media want to believe Tim Tebow represents. Lin is a true underdog succeeding in an environment where his failure was a.ssumed.

Lin played basketball at an academic factory, Harvard. Tebow played quarterback at a football factory, Florida. Besides some added muscle, Tebow, who is white, pretty much looks like every other All-American quarterback. We've never seen a point guard this good who looks like Jeremy Lin, an Asian-American.

Not only was Tebow a first-round NFL draft pick, he started at Florida ahead of a quarterback with more talent, Cam Newton. Lin was undrafted by the NBA. His hometown team, the Golden State Warriors, wouldn't play him and eventually cut him.

The predominantly white Denver Broncos fan base pressured John Fox and John Elway to elevate Tebow from third string to starter. It took a rash of injuries and total desperation to get Lin into the Knicks' lineup.

Until the past two weeks, Jeremy Lin was entirely unwanted by the NBA, and before that, major college basketball had little interest in him. The people who dominate American basketball on the court, on the sideline, in the executive rooms, in the stands and along press row do not look like Jeremy Lin.

That is not Tim Tebow's football narrative. He was a highly coveted recruit, pampered in college, drafted in the first round by the NFL, and many in the media give him credit for victories his actual play had little to do with securing.

Jeremy Lin is the real Tim Tebow. Jeremy Lin is legit.

But there are even deeper reasons I think he's a great story. And there are reasons I think Amar'e Stoudemire and Carmelo Anthony should be embarrassed.

Monday night I had dinner with Dr. Harry Edwards, the celebrated Cal-Berkeley scholar and activist. Living in Northern California, Dr. Edwards has followed the Jeremy Lin story for years. Dr. Edwards also helped me understand the cultural conflict between African Americans and Asian Americans that is most acute in California.

"Latinos have taken the jobs we don't want and Asians have the jobs we can't get," he explained. Dr. Edwards went on to describe the tension between inner-city African-Americans and the Asian store owners who do business in the inner city.

Dr. Edwards' point was the inappropriate joke I thought I was cracking on a stereotype I share with Asian and white men was really a tweet that touched on something far more important and intense.

Jeremy Lin is performing and succeeding in a culture — the black basketball culture — that is perceived by many Asian Americans as hostile toward them. At the time of my real-Tebow-great-story tweet, I was impressed by the novelty of Lin's ascension. I'd given no thought to the importance of it.

Jeremy Lin is a great story.

From the point-guard position, he has imposed his personality, his values, his culture and his style of play on the New York Knicks and, for the moment, those attributes have transformed the formerly underachieving Knicks into winners.

CONTACT JASON WHITLOCK

If you have a question or comment for Jason, submit it below and he may just respond.
Subject:

Comment/Question:

Name:

Email Address:

Hometown:

Amar'e and 'Melo should be embarrassed. They have more raw talent than Jeremy Lin. They should wonder what is it about their personalities, their values, their culture and their style of play that didn't allow them to impose a winning imprint on the Knicks.

Lin's success, even if it disappears, should not be dismissed. There is something to be learned from the results of his play and the absence of two star hip-hop, AAU athletes, 'Melo and Amar'e.

Yes, I played the hip-hop culture card. Hip-hop music is a capitalistic success. Hip-hop culture is an utter failure. The me-first, rebellious, anti-intellect culture directly contradicts all the values taught in team sports and most of the values necessary to sustain a civilized society.

I don't get to pick which tweets my supporters and critics choose to interpret. In 140 characters, I can't link to all the on-an-island-by-myself columns that directly contradict the absurd notion that I'm for the unfair treatment of any human being, regardless of color, religion, legal s3xual preference, etc.

Writing columns that discomfort the comfortable and defend the vulnerable is far more important to me than being outrageously popular and irreverent on Twitter
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
5 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
68 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy