The Asian Journalist Association demands apology from writer for Lin pen!$ tweet

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
136 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
58 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
59 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '04        #21
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,942 | Props total: 11685 11685
wow holy sh*t damn thats great
 6 years ago '05        #22
PhrozenMenace 
space
space
$14,036 | Props total: 1400 1400
:lachen001:
 6 years ago '04        #23
okocha2002 
space
space
$1,202 | Props total: 2 2
 6 years ago '04        #24
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,919 | Props total: 4275 4275
 majestic75 said:
I'm sure if it was a hockey game and the Rangers won on a goal by a black player, and a white journalist said "some lucky lady in nyc is gonna enjoy some fried chicken tonight" no one here would care.

How does that make sense ?
 6 years ago '10        #25
sho 2010 195 heat pts195
space
space
space
$41,819 | Props total: 4870 4870
 vickfan said:
About time Asians stood up for themselves they let people joke on them too much
do they
 6 years ago '04        #26
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,942 | Props total: 11685 11685
^^whiitlock is black
 6 years ago '11        #27
Ralph Nautica 70 heat pts70
space
space
$10,571 | Props total: 6469 6469
 Tempus # 1 said:
That doesnt matter. In his kind of job you have to know you represent ur company at all times. cant be going around saying dumb sh*t. For some reason black people think they have the right to say racist sh*t

6 years ago '05        #28
Shazam 33 heat pts33
space
space
$2,264 | Props total: 1230 1230
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I agree with the dumbass part but I'm sticking with my original statement and saying he doesnt have to apologize. The world we live in today is way to damn sensitive and overreacts to every fu*king thing.

I'll say again, it's Twitter not his job so what he says on there I dont take seriously or hold him to any standards on.
wait so you're saying that public figures should be allowed to say whatever they want, whether it be racist or otherwise offensive, and suffer no consequences in their work place as long as they don't say it while on the job or on air?

that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. if skip bayless goes on twitter and tweets racist, dumb stuff everyone's gonna be calling for him to apologize or ESPN to discipline him.

that's just part of their job, part of being a public figure. everything a person who is in the public eye says will be judged and scrutinized and it will reflect on the organizations that employ them.

usually in america no matter what a media figure says they just have to apologize, go to sensitivity training, serve a suspension, etc. and everyone moves on no matter how racist what they said was. but the point is the employer still has to discipline them to show that they don't condone that type of behavior and it's not okay.

jason whitlock's comments weren't that bad actually, but still offensive. he should just issue an apology and everyone will forget about it in a week.
 02-12-2012, 03:15 PM         #29
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dtown1759 said:
^^whiitlock is black
Oh...

So what's the big deal then?

Ain't we allowed to say racist sh*t without bein' punished?
 6 years ago '11        #30
superdrunken 7 heat pts
space
space
space
$6,849 | Props total: 82 82
wow
 02-12-2012, 03:31 PM         #31
1337_ONE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man, fu*k whitlock but that tweet had me

I k!ll TREES said:

YOoOOOOO i was cracking up I wish the would could just except comedy sometimes

the fu*k did you just say?
 6 years ago '04        #32
C.R.I.P. 3 heat pts
space
space
$17,919 | Props total: 4275 4275
 majestic75 said:

You want me to spell it out with some alphabet soup?
I get what your going for, just don't feel like the food stereotype replaces a s3xual one. I mean, think about that sentence who would say that in that context.
 02-12-2012, 04:06 PM         #33
JohnDoe B1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 majestic75 said:
I'm sure if it was a hockey game and the Rangers won on a goal by a black player, and a white journalist said "some lucky lady in nyc is gonna enjoy some fried chicken tonight" no one here would care.

[pic - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #34
Rashad69 11 heat pts11
space
space
$8,170 | Props total: 2384 2384
Anyone with common sense can see this is cut and dry. He needs to apologize, it was inappropriate. End of story.
 6 years ago '06        #35
Swishadude 5 heat pts
space
space
$9,059 | Props total: 11 11
LOL @ couple inches of pain
 6 years ago '09        #36
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
 jasperfect said:
They aren't even asking for him to be fired like every other organization does. He needs to apologize. If he had dissed Blacks, Gays, Jew or Hispanics they'd be calling for him to get fired.
But, he does make jokes about those people and has always done it in his career. Anybody that knows this clown is used to this kind of stuff. He was fired from ESPN for the same kind of sh*t.
 6 years ago '10        #37
Trill Livin 65 heat pts65
space
space
$14,407 | Props total: 6228 6228
"Some lucky lady in NYC is gonna feel a couple of inches of pain tonight."

02-12-2012, 05:41 PM         #38
dlettern 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ha, this is some foul sh*t
 6 years ago '08        #39
Illuminati 191 heat pts191
space
space
$38,731 | Props total: 8956 8956
 Fly 2ndComing said:
But, he does make jokes about those people and has always done it in his career. Anybody that knows this clown is used to this kind of stuff. He was fired from ESPN for the same kind of sh*t.
jason whitlock is a fu*king **** and more than a handful of black people want him fired
 6 years ago '09        #40
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,404 | Props total: 12338 12338
 Shazam said:
wait so you're saying that public figures should be allowed to say whatever they want, whether it be racist or otherwise offensive, and suffer no consequences in their work place as long as they don't say it while on the job or on air?

that's the dumbest thing i've ever heard. if skip bayless goes on twitter and tweets racist, dumb stuff everyone's gonna be calling for him to apologize or ESPN to discipline him.

that's just part of their job, part of being a public figure. everything a person who is in the public eye says will be judged and scrutinized and it will reflect on the organizations that employ them.

usually in america no matter what a media figure says they just have to apologize, go to sensitivity training, serve a suspension, etc. and everyone moves on no matter how racist what they said was. but the point is the employer still has to discipline them to show that they don't condone that type of behavior and it's not okay.

jason whitlock's comments weren't that bad actually, but still offensive. he should just issue an apology and everyone will forget about it in a week.
If Skip tweeted something then I wouldnt give a fu*k honestly. But, if he wrote it or did it on air then sure I would expect to see some discipline especially from ESPN's high and mighty a.sses. But, we know nothing will be done because it's FOX Sports/MSN they aren't as concerned about alienating the masses or they wouldnt have hired Whitlock or host his podcast shows which are way worse than anything his fat a.ss puts on Twitter.

What I would really prefer is if athletes, politicians, entertainers and any fu*king body else in a public position could say what the fu*k they felt and not have to apologize for it. If that's how they feel then so be it. If Lebron or Bill O'Reilly wants to come out and say some racist sh*t, so be it. I can choose not to support or like that person for it and move the fu*k on with my life. Who are we to judge what others get to do and how they do it?
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago