The Asian Journalist Association demands apology from writer for Lin pen!$ tweet

most viewed right now
OT ESPN: The Worldwide Leader In Letting Deez Hoes Know W..
61 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
67 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
85 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
269 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '11        #1
5761 pageviews
63 comments

maxnn 129 heat pts129
space
space
$12,180 | Props total: 1034 1034
The Asian Journalist a.ssociation demands apology from writer for Lin pen!$ tweet

Calling Jason Whitlock's controversial tweet "inappropriate on so many levels," the Asian American Journalists a.ssociation has called for the Fox Sports columnist to issue an apology.

Whitlock has thus far ignored all criticism to his tweet, and it remains on his account as of 8:30 p.m. EDT. The AAJA's statement (rightfully) notes that his tweet "debased one of sports' feel-good moments."

Full text of the AAJA MediaWatch statement is below.

Feb. 11, 2012

Dear Mr. Whitlock:

Where do we begin?

Let's start by saying that your tweet in the midst of the Jeremy Lin hoopla was inappropriate on so many levels. Certainly, it doesn't hold up to the conduct of responsible journalists, those in sports or otherwise, who adhere to standards of fairness, civility and good taste. Nor does it meet the standards of Fox Sports, with which you are a.ssociated.

Outrage doesn't begin to describe the reaction of the Asian American Journalists a.ssociation (AAJA) to your unnecessary and demeaning tweet of Feb. 10 after the New York Knicks played the Los Angeles Lakers: "Some lucky lady in NYC is gonna feel a couple of inches of pain tonight."
Let's not pretend we don't know to what you were referring. The attempt at humor – and we hope that is all it was – fell flat. It also exposed how some media companies fail to adequately monitor the antics of their high-profile representatives. Standards need to be applied – by you and by Fox Sports.

The offensive tweet debased one of sports' feel-good moments, not just among Asian Americans but for so many others who are part of your audience.

Where do we go from here? How about an apology, Mr. Whitlock.

Sincerely,
AAJA MediaWatch

[pic - click to view]

63 comments for "The Asian Journalist Association demands apology from writer for Lin pen!$ tweet"

02-11-2012, 11:24 PM         #2
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Ninjas mad cause their wee wee little
 6 years ago '11        #3
I KILL TREES 15 heat pts15
space
space
$8,932 | Props total: 1075 1075

YOoOOOOO i was cracking up I wish the would could just except comedy sometimes

6 years ago '10        #4
2TopFlite 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,518 | Props total: 2533 2533

[pic - click to view]

234 - 82 STRK: 1 l in a row WIN PCT: 74% 18 (-1) 
  Career: | Aug 17: 268-127, Rank #12 | Aug 16: 347-169, Rank #30 | Aug 15: 945-461, Rank #17 | Aug 14: 1047-586, Rank #5 | Aug 13: 319-183, Rank #13 | Aug 12: 951-559, Rank #8 | Aug 11: 907-560, Rank #16 *
 6 years ago '06        #5
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,372 | Props total: 5647 5647
 6 years ago '09        #6
That Guy Fly 21 heat pts21
space
space
$66,418 | Props total: 12359 12359
They need to shut the fu*k up. I dont fu*k with Whitlock but its Twitter and not his job website, an article or any of his journalistic responsibilities. That's probably why he hasn't and doesn't plan to apologize I bet
 02-11-2012, 11:51 PM         #7
Tempus # 1 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Fly 2ndComing said:
They need to shut the fu*k up. I dont fu*k with Whitlock but its Twitter and not his job website, an article or any of his journalistic responsibilities. That's probably why he hasn't and doesn't plan to apologize I bet
That doesnt matter. In his kind of job you have to know you represent ur company at all times. cant be going around saying dumb sh*t. For some reason black people think they have the right to say racist sh*t
 6 years ago '10        #8
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,611 | Props total: 30574 30574
Jeremy got a big wood
 6 years ago '11        #9
King Henry 548 heat pts548
space
space
$43,970 | Props total: 9957 9957
 Fly 2ndComing said:
He doesn't need to apologize? Are you serious?

Whitlock is a dumbass.
 6 years ago '04        #10
eff3ctive 
space
space
$213 | Props total: 1 1
im just sayin.. roland martin got suspended indef for his superbowl tweet.....
 6 years ago '11        #11
Backflipz 84 heat pts84
space
space
$14,249 | Props total: 2298 2298

[video - click to view]

6 years ago '04        #12
luv4music 7 heat pts
space
space
$12,706 | Props total: 1487 1487
like Shao_LIN ain't packin' 12+

no homo, but come on Son, he took it to Bynum and Metta the other night
 6 years ago '09        #13
space
space
 KingHenrythe2nd said:
He doesn't need to apologize? Are you serious?

Whitlock is a dumbass.
I agree with the dumbass part but I'm sticking with my original statement and saying he doesnt have to apologize. The world we live in today is way to damn sensitive and overreacts to every fu*king thing.

I'll say again, it's Twitter not his job so what he says on there I dont take seriously or hold him to any standards on.
 6 years ago '09        #14
space
space
 eff3ctive said:
im just sayin.. roland martin got suspended indef for his superbowl tweet.....
He also works for CNN and they cant afford any backlash so the first action they deem offensive they will let you go. Martin is held to a higher standard as well obviously because he covers a vast area. Especially with this being an election year they can't afford to have their credibility questioned at all when it comes to coverage of candidates and their issues.

That a.ssclown Whitlock has always been this way and its sort of expected which is why he wont be fired or reprimanded unless some huge sponsor for FOX/MSN decide to throw their weight around. If not this sh*t will be forgotten quickly
 02-12-2012, 12:37 AM         #15
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i hate whitlock tho
 6 years ago '04        #16
izzy2024 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$939 | Props total: 13 13
 Fly 2ndComing said:
I agree with the dumbass part but I'm sticking with my original statement and saying he doesnt have to apologize. The world we live in today is way to damn sensitive and overreacts to every fu*king thing.

I'll say again, it's Twitter not his job so what he says on there I dont take seriously or hold him to any standards on.

Of course he has to apologize, for the same reason athletes have to apologize for stupid sh*t they say to keep their endorsement deals.. Because Fox can just replace him at the drop of a hat if they think he's gonna alienate the (presumably fu*king gigantic) demographic of Asian people who watch their stuff.
 6 years ago '06        #17
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,450 | Props total: 1099 1099
Asian American journalist a.ssociation? Who? Who gives a fu*k what they think
 6 years ago '09        #18
jasperfect 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,832 | Props total: 602 602
They aren't even asking for him to be fired like every other organization does. He needs to apologize. If he had dissed Blacks, Gays, Jew or Hispanics they'd be calling for him to get fired.
 6 years ago '06        #19
RAZAH CUTS 5835 heat pts5835
space
space
$54,057 | Props total: 18822 18822
@ Whitlock's tweet...

even bigger because that fat, bulbus muthafu*ka prolly dealing with the exact same situation that Lin may or may not be down there...

god, this whole convo is gay... why is cats worried about other cats' junk? Makes little sense to me..

was Whitlock over the line? Oh yeah.. thing is tho, he was on his Twitter account, which is kind of open game man... should he of acknowledged that his tweet might reflect badly on him b4 he sent it out? Yup.. but c'mon man, it's Twitter... ppl get away with murder on that thing b/c it's so instant...
 6 years ago '10        #20
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,169 | Props total: 8207 8207
I hate whitlock but his twitter has had way worse and funnier tweets, that lin line is classic tho

fox aint gonna do sh*t
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
151 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
If it bleeds, you can now kill it in Ghost Recon: Wildland’s new free DLC.
40 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
199 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Chris Paul 31 pts 11 assists 7 rebs Highlights
34 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy