50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
124 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 NBA ALL Nike "City" Uniforms Leaked via 2K
40 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 Video inside Boxden NY will be upset! Cardi B bought offset a wraith. Let the hate b..
10 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Game a cornball for how hard he went at Meek for no reason
150 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 6 years ago '07        #21
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
 THEINFAMOUS said:
I need dudes whole catalog.

Jay Elect was saying the same sh*t.
I got you bro :cool-smiley-009:

6 years ago '07        #22
clipse_designz 
space
space
$2,747 | Props total: 66 66
 DJ Maximum said:
seriously nobody really knew who he was unless you was really hip to slum village or a backpacker

I knew who he was and thought he was iight but alot of people didnt.

back then when they asked who was the best producers in the game his name never came up now hes top 5 dead or alive in some peoples list.

Everyone who actually knows about hip-hop knows about jay dee.
I don't care about any mainstream pseudo hip hop fans.
 6 years ago '04        #23
dubious76 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,577 | Props total: 99 99
 DJ Maximum said:
when u die everything becomes so pure like they did anything wrong. Im not saying dill wasnt good but they overrate this guy. Nobody was checking for dilla till he got sick.
Maybe YOU weren't but coming from the midwest, he was providing the soundtrack for the hip-hop heads who weren't feeling all the late 90s/2000s crap everybody was loving. It was organic...show me a producer who comes to the show with 2 MPC2000s and a mixer. No turntables...real LIVE sh*t.
 02-10-2012, 08:12 PM         #24
iÐrop 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
yo.. i've got tears in my eyes after reading that. straight up.

J Dilla is the GOAT... i'm deaf and blind to the haters.
 02-10-2012, 08:41 PM         #25
soundtrackk 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 DJ Maximum said:
when u die everything becomes so pure like they did anything wrong. Im not saying dill wasnt good but they overrate this guy. Nobody was checking for dilla till he got sick.
speak for you ....Not on behalf of any one else.

You are a digital guy.

some of us come from the era where jay dee was a form.

evident ally you are not a hip hop dj or producer,if you think no one was ever checking for jay dee and his work.
 6 years ago '04        #26
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,749 | Props total: 2410 2410
 DJ Maximum said:
speak for yourself..... many people like myself were heavily into his music since before and after the slum days......
 6 years ago '04        #27
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,424 | Props total: 6453 6453
 marcchrome said:
speak for yourself..... many people like myself were heavily into his music since before and after the slum days......
ok...nobody really talked about him til he got sick. i heard his music and knew who he was but nobody really said anything until he got sick and with almost anybody death with talent it gets a little elevated. dilla was great and he had influence but a lot of people was acting like he was jesus after he was gone when they never said sh!t when he was doing work
 6 years ago '04        #28
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,966 | Props total: 4675 4675
Jay Dee will always be one of the greatest to me, so glad I got to see him at my first Hip Hop show ever when I was 14 and so glad I was able to be there to say goodbye when he was buried.
 6 years ago '11        #29
dejordan 
space
space
$2,539 | Props total: 288 288
definitely overrated because of death, they all are though. he didn't "change lives" you fu*ks. made some great music, one of the best producers, not clearly above anyone like that though.
 6 years ago '06        #30
Blah 17 heat pts17
space
space
$25,524 | Props total: 6751 6751
he made more garbage beats then decent ones
overrated like a mothafu*ka, but you cant tell his fans nothing
 02-10-2012, 10:23 PM         #31
DrX 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
mannie fresh, kanye, just, , premo, rza > dilla
 6 years ago '04        #32
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,374 | Props total: 11595 11595
 dubious76 said:
Maybe YOU weren't but coming from the midwest, he was providing the soundtrack for the hip-hop heads who weren't feeling all the late 90s/2000s crap everybody was loving. It was organic...show me a producer who comes to the show with 2 MPC2000s and a mixer. No turntables...real LIVE sh*t.
 marcchrome said:
See I knew this is was gonna turn for the worse I knew WHO HE WAS! I LISTENED TO SLUM VILLAGE!! ALOT OF PEOPLE DIDNT!!!! THATS WHAT IM SAYING!!!

MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WASNT CHECKING FOR DILLA WHEN HE WAS ALIVE YOU KNOW THIS BECAUSE IF THEY WERE HE WOULDVE BEEN REALLY POPULAR THEN AND HE WASNT AND THATS A FACT!!!!!
 6 years ago '04        #33
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,424 | Props total: 6453 6453
 STAY ASLEEP said:
overrated because of death?

do you realize how retarded that sounds? k!ll every producer... and jay dee will still be the goat for the same reasons. you'll understand in time.
so people stock don't rise when they die? people on here was talking about how good dolla was...it was still fuking dolla. blade icewood, camouflage. random dudes that most people ever heard of was getting props after they died.

like i said not a lot of people wasn't saying that goat sh!t when he was breathing
 6 years ago '09        #34
WezLFaCe_KiD 57 heat pts57
space
space
$14,830 | Props total: 1043 1043
j dilla is my fav hip hop producer , he may have not been the best or the flashiest but damn . you can feel that raw sh*t in his music . heart and soul . I remember bumping donuts everysingle day in 08'

get these dilla haters outta here talking reckless just cuz we showing the decease some love
 6 years ago '05        #35
OG T Gutta N|M 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,739 | Props total: 1823 1823
Like I said in the other thread, Dilla is outstanding, but isn't goat. You don't get goat status on ability alone, despite the claim of Dilla being the best with samples, versatility, he doesn't have much impact and influence on the game as him. For every category he is alleged to be the best or bar none, there is someone with a heavier influence and impact than him.

Sampling: Kanye, Dre, Rza all have more impact and influence, the sheer amount of producers who are birthed under their influence and impact.
Versatility: Timbo, Pharell, Kanye

Being a GOAT isn't about the abilities you have, its' about what significance and advancement of status you've given to the art you perform.

I respect questlove opinion though, because at least he acknowledges his bias by saying "I love, I like, I think."

One thing that can't be debated, and is the final part of being a GOAT, is impact and influence, and that can't be debated. The average kid coming into Hiphop with aspirations' to be a producer, does not know of Dilla, and even more, the current generation of new producers hardly do which is a damn shame, as they'd benefit a lot from a technical aspect.

To be legendary, or among the greatest in the art of hiphop, is to have a PERMANENT claim in the genre. There is no way you can't mention Dre, Timbo, or Premo when speaking of the significant part of hiphop, their contributions'(impact and influence) to the culture, is far more superior than the abilities they have as artist. Kanye is a great example, if not for such being an arrogant individual, people would have no problem speaking on his GOAT status, but his impact and influence can't be denied which is why he will go down in history.

Dilla doesn't have this, and though the d!ckriders keep his name up there, this is no different from BIG or Big L being considered for goats'. If technical ability alone meant you we're a goat' Canibus and some no name word-nerd rapper would be candidates.

Last edited by OG T Gutta N; 02-10-2012 at 11:29 PM..
 6 years ago '05        #36
space
space
 STAY ASLEEP said:

Wanna know how I know that you don't know what you're talking about? Kanye and Pharrell would be the first to say that Dilla is better than both of them. Dre is better at sampling? The only time that Dre samples... he samples popular stuff off of Dusty Fingers. And he doesn't even chop it, he replays it. Don't know what Dusty Fingers is? Again.. fall back, you're out of your realm.

The fact that Ye and The Neptunes along with most other producers fall under the J Dilla umbrella crumbles a lot of your whole argument.

And don't even get me started about producers coming up don't know about J Dilla.

Science: You aren't sh*t on shoes as a producer if you don't know what came before you. If you don't know the influence of J Dilla ALONE. fu*king stop producing... or stop calling it Hip-Hop.
You're a fu*king idiot, cause I never said anyone was better than Dilla, I said their impact and influence in those categories were. Technical ability means nothing, as eventually as Quest said, Dilla will be surpassed in that aspect.

Impact and Influence are the only categories you can't take from any artist in ANY context, where is Dillas' influence over the mass producers? How many up and coming producers think Dilla when it comes to sampling, before Dre or Kanye(my point in the previous post)? How many new producers, are imitating Dilla? How many producers in other genres' respect them as significant artist?

Yes Dilla was versatile, but like Kanye and Pharell, Dilla didn't have influence and impact, this is why Dilla had to MAKE effort to be versatile, while other artist in other genres' REACH out to them(and thus their versatility came with mass acceptance of other respected artist of a different craft), these are the things that make you a permanent part of the culture, as these new producers come in, he will fade.

And these are the things, Dilla doesn't have. Amazing? Yes, GOAT, no. He has no permanent position as far as a producer that has will go down in history(we'll let the d!ckriders tell it...), as the only things he has to grab onto, are things that will eventually be outshined.
 6 years ago '05        #37
space
space
 STAY ASLEEP said:
wow you have a twisted a.ss view.

don't you get it? there would be no kanye without dilla. there would be no pharell without dilla. even if a young ignorant producer comes in and doesnt know who dilla is but knows who kanye and pharell is.... thats elevating dilla. wake up... if kanye wins, dilla WON.

your definition of a producer and mine are different... i dont even see the producers who don't know their history. because they arent producers.
I highly doubt there would be no Kanye or Pharell, maybe if they weren't ego driven, artistic, creative individuals in their own respect as artist I would agree(as I believe they would have still made it big). But thats' like saying, without Dre, Storch couldn't have been a top tier(and even goat candidate at one point) producer.

That logic makes no sense, or by that logic, Nas wins everytime Hov wins...yeah. And the sad part is, Nas and Hov BOTH are goats' and even Nas influence Hov. As Jay gets bigger, Nas doesn't, so how does Dilla when Kanye and Pharell are innovative producers in their OWN fashion that parallels' with nothing Dilla sounds like?

Even more, I have never seen them say those words' so thats just fantasy bullsh*t Dilla fans come to rationalize with. You don't see anything, cause your a Dilla stan who has some fairy tale as sh*t going on about him as a producer, instead of letting him live with the glory he rightfully had, which is disrespectful as sh*t in reality.

And no its' not elevating Dilla, as nobody knows who the fu*k he is, which is a shame. If you guys didn't go around glorifying his death, people would probably be inclined to understand why his technical ability is admiring, yet notice how nobody can speak on his influence and impact, as its' very little. And when they do, they make sh*t up as "Kanye and Pharell would admit..." fu*k outta here.

Let the man live, quit fu*king up his name, the more silly bullsh*t you say, the more negativity revolves around his image, rather than give him the proper credit, d!ckriders exaggerate and cause bullsh*t to be the focus of his name. Was he goat? It doesn't fu*king matter, he was a dope producer who should be credited, but did he have an impact on the culture and influence it? No.

And go cry and listen to Dilla? I gave donuts a listen today and "time donut of heart" about 12 listens, but I wasn't stroking my d!ck with his album cover propped up POV style like most of you d!ckridin n*ggas.

Last edited by OG T Gutta N; 02-11-2012 at 12:34 AM..
 6 years ago '04        #38
DJ Maximum|M 48 heat pts48
space
space
$43,374 | Props total: 11595 11595
 STAY ASLEEP said:

Wanna know how I know that you don't know what you're talking about? Kanye and Pharrell would be the first to say that Dilla is better than both of them. Dre is better at sampling? The only time that Dre samples... he samples popular stuff off of Dusty Fingers. And he doesn't even chop it, he replays it. Don't know what Dusty Fingers is? Again.. fall back, you're out of your realm.

The fact that Ye and The Neptunes along with most other producers fall under the J Dilla umbrella crumbles a lot of your whole argument.

And don't even get me started about producers coming up don't know about J Dilla.

Science: You aren't sh*t on shoes as a producer if you don't know what came before you. If you don't know the influence of J Dilla ALONE. fu*king stop producing... or stop calling it Hip-Hop.

So your saying the Dilla is better than the Neptunes

Do you know the long extensive catalog? The Neptunes have?
 6 years ago '05        #39
space
space
thats how you know these alleged hiphop heads don't know sh*t, you bring up facts, they don't want to speak, n*gga ran to a meme generator, fu*k boi :gucci voice:
 6 years ago '05        #40
space
space
 STAY ASLEEP said:
by the way.. on my way out... heres something to chew on.

pete rock said that j dilla surpassed him and is the goat. but the bigger question here is... who is pete rock? and who did he influence?

[pic - click to view]

fu*k outta here with the made up sh*t again, Pete Rock said:

Pete Rock has had a considerable impact on a number of record producers who have emerged in the hip hop scene since the late 1990s. Many critics have compared newcomers to him, generally favorably. Perhaps most notable among these comparisons are the late Detroit producer J Dilla, and North Carolina's 9th Wonder, both of whom have worked with Rock during their recording careers. Several of the comparisons stem from the fact that these producers have created the bulk of their productions out of samples, as well as the warm, mellow, and exuberant undertones apparent in their work. Pete Rock himself has added validation to the comparisons with J Dilla by stating "he's the only producer in this game that was just as serious [as me]."[18]
Many other producers, including Kev Brown and Kanye West, have also found themselves compared to Pete Rock, with the latter glowingly referring to himself as "the new version of Pete Rock" on Slum Village's "Selfish" from the group's 2004 album Detroit Deli (A Taste of Detroit).[citation needed] Pete Rock has acknowledged his relevance to these artists, releasing an instrumental record with 9th Wonder (Class Is in Session), as well as recording his own remix of West's "Heard 'Em Say". Rock himself has named his main musical influences as being influential hip hop producer and close friend Marley Marl and legendary soul musician James Brown.
Pete Rock spoke on the fact Dilla was an amazing artist who took his craft seriously. I said it several times, Dilla technical ability is amazing, but NOBODY will speak on his impact and influence as he has little, and those who do praise Dilla(who opinions would matter), are legends themselves who in every right, are more validated due to the fact, they have influenced the culture, and Dilla has influenced them, but that doesn't mean Dilla somehow transferred greatness into these producers.

Dilla doesn't even have the catalog to be compared to many artist, he is like Big L(as I've said before), dead so people let their imagination stretch on who that person could have been. Em gave respect to Big L, Big, and Pun doesn't mean he hasn't had more impact on the culture than they have.

Now you can go.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
69 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
196 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
81 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
23 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
50 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
216 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
13 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thick as fu-k
59 comments
1 day ago